Type keyword(s) to search

"In A World....." Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, mmecorday said:

So there's a new movie called "Book Club" and it's all about some women of a certain age discovering the greatest literary talent of our time, E.L. James.

Excuse me while I vomit everything I've eaten since the age of 12.

To no surprise at all, the director/writer is a guy. Oh, there's a female co-writer, but she's barely 40, and this is her only writing credit.

• Love 2

Who is sppsd to be the protagonist in the recdnt CGI Peter Rabit movie? I vaguely recall Peter being it in the book but he certainly isn't in the movies and the "don't waste food" PSA's reenforce that feeling. How dare he invite his friends to loot a garden that's not his! ?

On 4/30/2017 at 10:28 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Y'know, I hate Amy Schumer regardless, but I must have seen the trailer for her new movie eleventy times today, and all it does is make me hate her more.

Ha! It happened again! 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I can’t think of a movie I want to see less than Holmes & Watson with Will fucking Ferrell.

The ads make me physically angry, it looks so stupid.  What’s up with releasing the rights, Doyle family?

Isn't it public domain?

Ohhhh I did not know that.  Apparently Sherlock Holmes went free in 2014.  

I mean, I get what the judge was saying, but I’m sure the court didn’t realize at the time that putting him into public domain meant Ferrell could get his mitts on him and make what appears to be a most heinous product.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

This time of year, the neverending ads for "Elf" make me stabby. 

The ads are never-ending because so are the showings. I'll sometimes watch a bit for Bob Newhart and Zooey Deschanel and mute Will Ferrell when he bugs too much.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, mojoween said:

I can’t think of a movie I want to see less than Holmes & Watson with Will fucking Ferrell.

The ads make me physically angry, it looks so stupid.  What’s up with releasing the rights, Doyle family?

Will Feral is the anti-Christ of comedy.

On a related note, I've been hearing (not on TV yet, so far!) many ads for an upcoming Ron Burgundy Podcast on I❤️Radio. No thanks.

• Love 3

I'd rather watch an endless loop of ads for Will Ferrell movies than see either of the ones for Second Act--which make me throw up in my mouth a little every time--ever again. It looks such a piece of saccharine, lazily written garbage that the commercials with audience members gushing over it really piss me off. The fact that Second Act even exists makes me angry in a way comparable only to my white-hot hatred of anything Full House related.

At least when a Second Act ad comes on, I can peripherally comfort myself with the fact that my Dad still gets itty bitty royalty checks from airings of Anaconda  because it used a Metropolitan Opera orchestra (he played there for 35 years) recording on its soundtrack. So my family has profited just a tad from one of J. Lo's earlier embarrassments. Yay?

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, mojoween said:

It ties in my mind with the new Robin Hood movie.  If you want to see Robin Hood watch the Errol Flynn movie. Every other one sucks (well, I do sort of like "Robin and Marion").

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I'd watch Costner's Robin Hood again only for Alan Rickman.

I couldn't stand Costner's depressed Robin Hood.  But the Costner plays almost every character as if they need a dose of Prozac.  I think he thinks that's real acting.  (He can play non-depressed as evidenced by "Silverado").  I'd go with "Die Hard" and get a watchable movie with the added bonus of a great Alan Rickman performance. 

We don't need another "dark" Robin Hood movie.

• Love 3

It ties in my mind with the new Robin Hood movie.  If you want to see Robin Hood watch the Errol Flynn movie. Every other one sucks (well, I do sort of like "Robin and Marion").

I dunno. I kind of liked the Disney version of "Robin Hood" when I was growing up. I haven't seen it in 40 years so I don't know if it holds up or not.

• Love 1

I watch a few shows on TLC and I am constantly bombarded with commercials for "Sister Wives." I watched that a while ago and gave up on it because Faux Sammy Hagar was such a jerk and I kept waiting for all of his wives to leave him. Seeing the previews for the new season, it seems he's still a major dick and his wives are still following him around blindly.

• Love 4

LMAO at "Faux Sammy Hagar" :D. 

Yeah. I've been seeing a lot of those commercials, too, and my reaction's the same as yours. Based off the ads, as well as the clips I used to see on "The Soup", for this show, he always seems to walk around acting like he's such hot stuff 'cause he's got all these women with him and...no. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I watch a few shows on TLC and I am constantly bombarded with commercials for "Sister Wives." I watched that a while ago and gave up on it because Faux Sammy Hagar was such a jerk and I kept waiting for all of his wives to leave him. Seeing the previews for the new season, it seems he's still a major dick and his wives are still following him around blindly.

I think he looks like the blonde Daryl from Newhart. I haven't watched TLC for a very long time and noticed a sudden spate of ads for what seemed to be a spinoff ("Who Wants to be a Sister Wife?").

On 1/18/2019 at 3:21 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I think he looks like the blonde Daryl from Newhart. I haven't watched TLC for a very long time and noticed a sudden spate of ads for what seemed to be a spinoff ("Who Wants to be a Sister Wife?").

Seeking Sister Wife's? Trust me one of the men on that show make Dufus Brown seem like a catch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/28/2019 at 10:30 PM, InDueTime said:

On the heels of Dr. Pimple Popper, comes the Toe Bro.

No way I'm clicking that.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

I keep seeing a promo for a show on a Discover channel "Naked and Afraid"

That show's been on for quite a number of years now.  I've never watched it, but I always assumed to draw is more the "Naked" than the "Afraid." I'm afraid.  Why they don't have a show "Naked Golf" I don't know (it might actually make golf watchable), or even better, "Naked Celebrity Bowling" (I'll be copyrighting that tomorrow). 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

That show's been on for quite a number of years now.  I've never watched it, but I always assumed to draw is more the "Naked" than the "Afraid." I'm afraid.  Why they don't have a show "Naked Golf" I don't know (it might actually make golf watchable), or even better, "Naked Celebrity Bowling" (I'll be copyrighting that tomorrow). 

I've always thought that somewhere over the next hill, someone who lives in that area is semi-naked and unimpressed. There's just something almost colonialist about dumping a couple of westerners into a place where people live just fine and acting like it's a big deal that they don't know how to cope.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Naked House Hunting was a hoot.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Well, there was a series of Coed Naked *insert sport here* T-shirts years ago.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

That's one of those shows that when I realized it had been on long enough for them to have days where it was just 8 episodes back to back, I watched an episode or two. I think that it is accurate to say that the Naked part is why somebody tunes in, but it's not long at all after you start watching an episode before you forget about that part, and become more interested in the two dopes trying to figure out how to make shelter, find food, and deal with bugs.

As for your other two suggestions... Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

That show's been on for quite a number of years now.  I've never watched it, but I always assumed to draw is more the "Naked" than the "Afraid."

Both are really a cheat. When they don't give them something like a big bag to drape across themselves, and there's nothing around to make into clothing, they blur the picture. And, at least one half of the couple is a survivalist or something like ex-military with the necessary training, so there's not a lot of fear.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Both are really a cheat. When they don't give them something like a big bag to drape across themselves, and there's nothing around to make into clothing, they blur the picture. And, at least one half of the couple is a survivalist or something like ex-military with the necessary training, so there's not a lot of fear.

And I'm sure the film crew that comes along with them will keep them from getting themselves killed out there.

I find Anne Hathaway about as appealing as an old  bandaid baked into my meatloaf and I don't think Rebel Wison is funny at all, so I cannot wait for "The Hustle" to crash and burn at the box office so the constant marketing for that "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" rip off will go away forever and ever.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, Ubiquitous said:

Didn't that happen on South Park?

I don't think so.  There was an ep where Oprah's va-jay-jay was armed and held people hostage, one where a colony of head lice living on the head of one of the kids made it's way to Angelina Jolie's nether regions with other colonies currently there, one where Kenny crawled up inside the bus driver's hoo-ha, and one that involved an actress that I can't recall right now who supposedly had the portal to somewhere else stashed away in hers - they would ask her for access, and she'd roll her eyes and say no, but ultimately says yes.

44 minutes ago, scarletine said:

Saw this last night, and all I can say is... What the ever loving fuck.

I'm not a fan of the musical, so I won't be seeing that.  I like broadway musicals, but that is one that's just a "no" for me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I'm not a fan of the musical, so I won't be seeing that.  I like broadway musicals, but that is one that's just a "no" for me.

You're not itching to see Taylor Swift singing while wearing a cat outfit? 🙂 It looks like they're expecting the variety of big names they've cast to get people in.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, funky-rat said:

"The movie was much better than Cats... I am going to see it again and again..."

• LOL 2

The promo for the renovation of the Brady Bunch house annoys. First, I can't stand these poseurs, and then we have one brother tossing the mic to the other, and it clearly hits him in the shoulder, and he grabs his nose - oh no, my nose! Bullshit.

• Love 1