Type keyword(s) to search

"In A World....." Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Start Topic

I feel like I've already seen "The Best Of Me" because A.) trailer airs during every commercial break and B.) it looks like every movie based on a story by Nicholas Sparks. And the actors who play the younger versions of the star-crossed lovers look nothing like James Marsden and Michelle Monaghan.

• Love 3

Dear Lifetime -

Normally, I take you with a pillar of salt, but I must say, after seeing a preview for "big women, big love,"....really? Seriously? Are you not clued in, in 2014, that people of all sizes date? I don't see what kind of weird, voyeuristic urge I'm supposed to scratch as a viewer by watching (OMG!) "heavy" women date. Get over it - most of the modern world has.

Now get back to making the cheeseball movies I hate to admit watching, please.

• Love 2

Not sure this exactly the right place, but it is an ad for "Cops" on Cloo. I crack up every time I see it. One scene shows a woman hiding behind a door like she is playing hide 'n seek and doesn't think they'll look behind the door. She doesn't look 5.

• Love 1

The "Annie" remake looks like a dud. Just from the trailers, it seems that all the charm of the Broadway show has been removed and replaced with a lot of stuff that's going to make it look more dated than it was when it was set during The Great Depression. In 20 years, Twitter will probably be obsolete so it won't be so impressive that Annie is on it.

• Love 2

Just when you think Johnny Depp movies can't get worse, he puts out crap like Mortdecai ...

I uh, kinda wanna see it?  I don't know what to say but it looks campy and very Pink Panther to me.

• Love 4

The Annie commercial doesn't just ensure I won't see the movie, it makes me want to find a way to prevent the little girl playing Annie from ever being in anything again.  So much smug in 30 seconds.  

• Love 2

I uh, kinda wanna see it?  I don't know what to say but it looks campy and very Pink Panther to me.

As someone who cracks up when Peter Sellers says, "Ah would lahk a reum" in a fake French accent, I could kinda-sorta get into Mortdecai as well.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

The campy medieval musical limited series Galavant did something unusual last night: During the hour it aired, all the ads for other ABC shows had new soundtracks sung to the title song of Galavant. It wasn't done all that brilliantly (many of the lyrics were a stretch), but it was unusual enough that I'll be looking out to see if they do it for the remaining 3 Sundays that it airs.

• Love 1

I swear to god (well, not really, seeing as I'm a non-theist), Friday (the 23rd) and the premiere of King Of The Nerds on TBS cannot get here fast enough for me.  

I haven't the slightest interest in the show, but TBS has been running two, sometimes three ads during each commercial break for the past three weeks (I watch online rather than via TV most of the time), and this madness must stop.  The fucking promos (and that dumbass rap done by Lewis and Booger from Revenge of the Nerds, along with micro-interviews with some of the contestants) absolutely ruin TBBT and Seinfeld.  

It's gotten to the point that I'm ready to throw my computer out the window to put an end to it.  

OK, I haven't watched Jane the Virgin (the whole idea just sounds stupid), but I can understand that it might be good enough to win Golden Globes awards.  But please, Show, please, find other things to use as a hook in your advertisements besides "But I've never had sex!"  I get it.  I got it in the weeks and months leading up to when the show was about to air.  And I still get it in the weeks and months after the show has been airing.

• Love 6

Rick Kitchen, after the Golden Globes win, I watched the first two eps of Jane the Virgin that the CW repeated before the new season. I thought it was very good. Funny and sweet. I'm not watching S2 until I see the rest of S1. I don't know what that'll happen.

If I have see another Backstrom commercial, I'm going Elvis on my TV.

For a moment there I thought you said "I'm going to give Elvis my TV" and had a short-lived fantasy about your having two-way access to a portal to an alternate universe where misbehaving electronics get exchanged. Then I realized that I'd been working too long (stimulants, beer and looming software release deadlines == bad) and decided to step away from the laptop. Thanks!

• Love 3

So I have a question. Is it somebody's idea of a joke that Fifty Shades Of Grey is coming out on Valentine's Day? I swear, I seethe every time I see that trailer. 'Curious'? Not hardly.

Some idiot must think S & M is romantic. Hopefully, the general public won't agree and it will bomb.

• Love 2

Some idiot must think S & M is romantic. Hopefully, the general public won't agree and it will bomb.

Unless they gave it a romantic slant Now I haven't  read the books or have any interest in doing so, but .perhaps they go that "Aww, it's okay, the're falling in love" angle to soften it up.

I swear I just saw a commercial for the DVD release of the movie "The Best of Me", which I haven't seen, touting a new story book ending.  I couldn't have possibly heard that right?  I've seen alternate bonus clips but never actually changing the movie itself.

I want to see Jupiter Rising despite the drowning in ads for it, as the premise intrigues and (shallow) Sean Bean and Tatum Channing? *sigh*  I also want to see Mila's gorgeous gown and headdress from the trailers/ads! (/shallow)

• Love 1

I just watched an ad for a show called The Slap?  I guess the commercial did its job because I actually had to google it to find out if it was really true that they based an entire show around a guy slapping his friend's kid.  "The Slap" is the most ridiculous title and it literally makes me laugh.

• Love 3

I just saw a commercial for Backstrom that includes this little nugget..

"I'm a fan of Bones and I think this, similarly, is gonna appeal to more intelligent people like myself."

So lets break this down, you just went on TV being asked to review a pilot you just saw in a movie theater, portraying yourself as a real person rather than an actor, and just proclaimed your intelligence.

As evidence of that intelligence, you used the fact that you watch BonesBones, where they've been known to do an entire episode where the dead victim is seriously considered, as one of the theories of the crime, to be some kind of chicken man super soldier.  Now I'm not saying that people that watch Bones are stupid.  I used to watch it and I've seen scathing and insightful reviews of some episodes that tell me that isn't true.  Some (most?) people just watch TV for the escape or entertainment and don't require that everything they watch be intellectually stimulating.  But you weren't saying that.  You appear to find Bones to be proof of your intelligence.  Let me guess, you probably figured out the government wouldn't choose a chicken to make a super solider before Booth and Brennan did.

And really 'gonna' in the same breath as pointing out how intelligent you are. There are times where you don't make a reduction.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1