Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Prom

A high-school senior prom is saved by Leslie and the parks crew. As they help organize the event, Leslie and Ron compete to hire a soon-to-be graduate, April reluctantly agrees to go with Andy as his date, and Tom lets Ben help with DJ duties.

Original airdate; April 3, 2014

(edited)

Our DVR cut off part of the beginning and the very very end.....sigh.  I didn't think this was the greatest episode, but some things I liked (off the top of my head):  Ron's "10 Point Scale" for how insane Leslie is being; the return of Greg Pikitis (nice throwback!); and Andy being excited that one of the kids at the prom had a fake ID so that they could get free beer (although I couldn't decide whether he thought that a fake ID meant you got the beer for free, or whether it was just if the kid could get beer he and April wouldn't have to pay for it). 

Edited by MMLEsq

Just how old is PIKITIS! supposed to be? I thought it was weird he was dating a high schooler since he was in high school (so I remember) when he was pranking Leslie.

Great episode. Donna's date was, as usual, so very attractive.

Love the Pitikis cameo. He was such a thorn in Leslie's side. Oren as April's mom was creepy. Love that Ben knew what the kids wanted musically more than Tom. I love Weezer too.

"I thought we as a culture agreed to forget the year everyone was into swing"

I just love Tom.

Other favorite bits: Leslie geeking out over black market office supplies, Orin/Champion as April's parents, the uncomfortable moment where Weezer is recognized as awesome...classic rock. Yikes.

Also? My senior prom had the same theme as Andy's. Double yikes.

(edited)

I thought April's bit about "It reminds me that you had a million friends in high school (and I didn't) and had we gone to school at the same time, we wouldn't have dated," was very touching. As was Donna's reminder: "Andy loves a lot of things, but he loves you the most." When people question how these two opposites (April and Andy) can possibly work, this is why. Not just that Andy loves April, but April loves him as well, or else she would never approached the possibility of not being together with such fear.

And Ben's heart-to-heart with Tom about successful adults don't have time to keep up with trends was so relevant. I'm reaching a point where I no longer know what young kids are into and it makes me feel sort of out of touch, so I needed to hear that.

For me the funniest exchange was the one in the first five minutes, with Leslie and Ben. "I can't hear...and I'm dying." But there were so many other great one-liners.

Edited by JanetMacklin
  • Love 3

The thing I love most about this show are the relationships.  And it doesn't seem to matter how they pair the characters up, there's always something touching and sweet in the interaction between the characters (unless, of course, Jerry is involved).  I especially love the Leslie/Ron relationship.  They are about as opposite as you can get but they are both basically nice people and so you can see how these two people would be friends.  I just love this show.  I never want it to end.

• Love 1