Type keyword(s) to search

What's Wrong With This Show, And How To Fix It.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Suzanne is trying too hard with his "Mama" thing.  She's fumbled while saying it every time.  I think it is who she wants to brand herself as, not who she is.  It is aggrivating to me.  If a person has a natural affinity for acting, they can portray themselves as someone they're not.  She is not an actor.  Oh, and the whining about not being heard?  Happens every season on every cooking show when they do a team challenge.  Stick up for yourself, make yourself heard or suck it up.  Those guys ran right over her, but she allowed it.

Mini Martha and her lavender.  I'm surprised it worked, sounded like it was going to overwhelm the dish.  She obviously has skills but I still don't like her.

The Bama Boy and his Bananas Foster?  I have never had Bananas Foster cooked down so far that it looked like poo.  Sorry, it looked awful.  Very upappetizing. 

I thought for sure when those two clowns left the bag at the store it was going to be Suzanne's most necessary item.  Glad it wasn't.  Then I was certain Rusty was going to blame Suzanne and her phone call for throwing him off and that was why he forgot the bag.  Glad that didn't happen either.  I want to like Rusty but he was very unlikeable this week.

I may have missed something, help me out please.  Why would Matthew describe his pound cake as ooey gooey?  Pound cake is never ooey and gooey.  It can be moist, but not gooey.  Did he make a mistake in baking it so he thought it came out gooey?  I was cooking dinner while watching so I probably missed something.

Edited by Destiny74
Sorry. Posted in the wrong area. How can I move this to the proper place?
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, wings707 said:

This is Bobby and Giada's show, they are not going anywhere.   I am resigned to this.    

Add a third judge.  Hugh (my boyfriend) would be a good addition.  I love his wit and that is needed here.  

Tyler has to go.   Eddie should replace him.  He and Valerie would make a good team.  

Attention production- Be clear on the rules and what is expected from the contestants with each challenge.  It isn't fun watching them struggle not knowing what you expect. 

The casting department needs an overhaul.   I find it hard to believe there wasn't more variety in food styles.  

Hugh is so pretty and charming! I would fight you for boyfriend status, but you can have him if I can have Eddie -- although Eddie and Valerie together might be cuteness overload. Speaking of Eddie, I wonder if he'll be back for Star Salvation this year?

eta - Damn. According to this article, Star Salvation will be Alex Guarnaschelli and Jeff Mauro this year. I really like Jeff, but I love Eddie :(

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 1
(edited)

Has anyone ever had lavender honey? My clients brought back a jar of it when they were in Maui. I could (and did) eat it sraight out of the jar and I'm not a big lover of honey. The previous comments about lavender made me think about that lavender/honey! 

I'm glad the lady with the big hair is gone and also grandma who worked for NASA(?) . I'm sick of Matthew after seeing him on every episode of Comeback Kitchen I don't care what he cooks....just go away (and take Giada with you)

Edited by chenoa333

Back to the topic of fixing the show, since the competition is the focus here (not the winner) it is essential you make it enjoyable for the viewer.  We are the ones who are giving you the good ratings so sponsors what to buy advertising.  We want to see a tight, well organized production with serious contenders.  

Back to casting for a whack on the knuckles.  Who did you reject if you put Suzanne on this show?  We often criticize reality shows for casting for the character who lacks skill but will make good TV.   Well kudos that you did not do this but surely there had to be others with a more compelling personality.   

It's hard to believe they are not deluged with cooks who want to be on TV.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Food Network Star is FN's best rated show, by almost half a million viewers. (Thanks @ny1221

It's doing what they want to do. Draw eyeballs. 

Yes, we have talked about this competition being the biggest ratings draw they have for a long time.  They are not seriously looking for another "star."  It is about the contest itself.  And exactly why they don't see any need to fix it.  :^)