Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Condition Terminal

Also because when he was a Beta/Omega they clearly demonstrated that he had natural leadership abilities that drew other wolves to him. Isaac in particular, but also Boyd ,treated him like their Alpha even before he was one and he acted like one too.  He cared about the pack, he was there for them, he supported them, they looked to him for guidance. Now he just acts like he's a wolf and there happen to be other wolves around but he's got bigger problems, really. 

I think that was more about him being in the same age bracket as them which made him more approachable than Derek who favored the tough love approach to training. It was so long ago that I don't really remember though.

I miss the Scott and Isaac relationship or even the Stiles and Scott relationship.  It seems muted as of late since they both have girlfriends and it seems that their priorities have changed and there are so many of them around now that I don't get the best friends/ basically brother vibe as much as I used to. It irritates me that Scott doesn't listen to his best friend/genius/ wannabe detective when he says there is something dodgy about Theo. If they are planning on replacing the Scott Isaac relationship, Scott should demonstrate missing Isaac before mentoring this new baby wolf.

This episode like many others feel cluttered with bad guys and the character moments seem few and far between.

As you say, Wayne, Scott is a reluctant werewolf, so I can buy his continued ignorance. Derek was a sixteen year old kid not in line for Alpha when he went on the run, so I'm not surprised his knowledge was spotty. Plus he was still hypervigilant and non-rational from PTSD when he got back to town. Peter only cared to research/share when it was in his best interest. Chris was probably hampered by his information coming from the "in retrospect, what was this thing we killed" side, and was also pulling way from the hunter/supernatural world in grief. Satomi was a bitten wolf and kept herself and her pack very hidden and isolated, so I wouldn't expect her to be as deeply/widely knowledgable. Deaton is conveniently cryptic when he does know things or in over his head when he doesn't, just to keep him from being the magic plot device.

However Stiles and Lydia are both the brains of the operation—Stiles in a practical, investigative way and Lydia in an academic way. It's sheer idiot plotting on the part of TPTB that those two only go digging at the last minute rather than absorbing everything they could find from day 1. Not to mention the Sheriff not sitting down Deaton, Peter, Chris, and whomever else he could get his hands on for some serious debrief. Or, worst of all, what the hell has Kira's mom been sitting on all this time—she has centuries of knowledge, and her daughter and friends are floundering.

Teen Wolf has always sacrificed logic and characterization for "what looks cool"/"what drives drama and scares." It's a fun show, but I can't say that it's a great show, because of that.

• Love 1

However Stiles and Lydia are both the brains of the operation—Stiles in a practical, investigative way and Lydia in an academic way. It's sheer idiot plotting on the part of TPTB that those two only go digging at the last minute rather than absorbing everything they could find from day 1. Not to mention the Sheriff not sitting down Deaton, Peter, Chris, and whomever else he could get his hands on for some serious debrief. Or, worst of all, what the hell has Kira's mom been sitting on all this time—she has centuries of knowledge, and her daughter and friends are floundering.

Teen Wolf has always sacrificed logic and characterization for "what looks cool"/"what drives drama and scares." It's a fun show, but I can't say that it's a great show, because of that.

So much this. Remember in the FIRST EPISODE when Stiles read up on all things werewolf because he was fascinated. There is no way that given all the people they've come across that they didn't look into what the actual bestiary said about Kanima's, werecoyotes. They don't have to know everything about them but at least heard of them would be nice. There's Chris Argent who is apparently is on Scott's speed dial sometimes who has access to hunters, tomes of knowledge about supernaturals that he'd probably be happy to give away to the teens post Allison death. There is Satomi who they could talk to since I'm fairly sure she hasn't tried to kill any of the teens. They could have at least asked ONCE about how Peter brought himself back from the dead. There's Braeden, Deucalion, Deaton, Mexican Hunters and Derek to ask about stuff.

Then there is Kira's mom who knowing her daughter is in danger from evil fox spirits or whatever doesn't bother giving her daughter a crash course in martial arts, sword play, world history. She is centuries old apparently and yet training her young to fight seems not to be a priority when the town seems to have daily murders.

There are all these gaps between what is shown and what might be known by these teens. For instance when did Scott learn there was a supernatural holding cell for psychotic villains ?

Is Lydia ever going to try and learn anything from that other Banshee ? Is she even alive ? Did her grandmother have any useful books lying around ?

It's one thing not to be proactive in hunting down bad guys and protecting the town you live in because why should teenagers care about grisly murders... It's another to be completely indifferent to learn about YOUR OWN SUPERPOWERS. Kira has ninja powers plus lightning and maybe immortality and she's not even mildly interested ? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on topic though. Does anyone have any theories as to how these supernaturals are dying ? Are the dread doctors injecting them with stuff or drawing out the supernatural mojo to kill them ?

• Love 2

Malia seems to know how to fight. I get that she'd be a fighter from being a coyote for 7 years, but she seems to have some martial arts moves. Maybe Scott should let her handle the hand to hand when she's around because he sucks at it. The only thing that's really saving him now is his special Alpha status. If he was a regular werewolf he'd probably be dead. 

There are all these gaps between what is shown and what might be known by these teens. For instance when did Scott learn there was a supernatural holding cell for psychotic villains ?

I strongly suspect that Deaton made some cryptic remark about knowing what to do with Peter and Scott just went "okey doke!" and gave it no more thought.

At least in the case of the Argents, Chris has Gerard locked up where he's theoretically no threat (I can just see nursing home attendants being told he has dementia and not to pay attention if he wants to call his 'werewolf hunter lackeys"), and he's actively on the hunt for Kate with the Calaveras. That's probably a better solution for everyone than Scott trying to deal with either of them.