Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Top 20 Perform

• Start Topic

That BFree number was a mishmash of NYC ball culture, fetish and burlesque and I loved every minute of it. It was my favourite on the night, and Hailey killed it, but I also noticed Marissa really shining on some of the floor work, especially that jump onto her feet from lying on her back, where she was the most solid. Great work.

I just re-watched that routine for the first time, and I have to say I 100% agree. I take back everything I said earlier about the costuming; I didn't find that too sexual at all on second viewing. Hailee stood out in the beginning and end (aka when you could see their faces), but I found myself watching Marissa throughout the middle. She dominated the floor work, probably because you couldn't see her mugging during it. That kip was indeed impressive, especially onto those heels. I didn't glance at Alexia at all, she was super unsexy.

I tried posting last week but the forum ate up my post. :( i had quoted several other posts...

Anyway, I'll just summarize a few points.

I'm finding this entire season to be so lackluster that I no longer prioritize viewing until a few days after an episode airs. There are few standout performers in a sea of interchangable dancers doing some very forgettable routines.

I don't understand what Nigel was whooping on about; both the opening number and the street group routine left me cold.

Asaf and Burim were both given huge passes when they slid/disappeared off stage for the more complex choreography. Having them stick around because they have nicely defined abs and pretty faces is an insult to all the more talented and capable dancers who should've taken their place in this whole contrived team steet.

The only number I was impressed by was the Broadway routine--and I usually find that genre cheesy.

Also, the overproduction (ie. lights and fog) along with baffling camera work and too much lingering on the judges reactions is annoying as ever.

I welcome the lack of ballroom.  It seems like most of the ballroom people are Utah Mormons who have a culture of dedicating their life to this sort of training.  I don't think they're as interesting to viewers as the back stories of others who weren't raised in a culture of dance academies.  As it is, the top 20 has two Utah LDS girls.  I'm not knocking their talent but I personally have seen enough ballroom, especially given all the ballroom across all the seasons of this and DWTS combined.