Type keyword(s) to search

Lorelai and Luke

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I'm sorry, are you implying that I'm lying?

Not at all. It's a common story and I've heard it when working in sales in CA, HI, WA, ORE, and AK. My mother told it to me when I went to work for her in my teens, citing a specific man in our town. It was just funny to see it again.

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Not at all. It's a common story and I've heard it when working in sales in CA, HI, WA, ORE, and AK. My mother told it to me when I went to work for her in my teens, citing a specific man in our town. It was just funny to see it again.

Ah, okay. Gotcha. Well for what it's worth, I wasn't working in sales LOL I worked for a father/son who did real estate appraisals and I was their only employee. I could understand why a sales boss would use this kind of thing as an example of why to never make snap judgements about customers. But this was just a personal story he told me one day, I have no reason to doubt it. I saw with my own eyes how much money they had (even though, like Luke, they never acted/dressed/whatever like they were rich) plus my sister had known them for years (she works in Rural Housing Development) and knew that the guy did in fact own a good portion of that town, so I have a pretty good faith that he was telling me something that really happened to him.

• Love 2

I love Luke and Lorelai, but upon rewatching, I question myself why. Yet, I still do love them. I’ve come to the conclusion that fanfiction has created a much better couple than the show ever did and that’s the couple that I’ve really come to love. I came across this article and I must admit that I agree with it. Just wondering how other java junkies feel about it?
https://gothamist.com/arts-entertainment/luke-danes-is-the-worst-gilmore-guy-yeah-i-said-it

15 hours ago, FictionLover said:

I love Luke and Lorelai, but upon rewatching, I question myself why. Yet, I still do love them. I’ve come to the conclusion that fanfiction has created a much better couple than the show ever did and that’s the couple that I’ve really come to love. I came across this article and I must admit that I agree with it. Just wondering how other java junkies feel about it?
https://gothamist.com/arts-entertainment/luke-danes-is-the-worst-gilmore-guy-yeah-i-said-it

Can't agree with the premise. Luke is a lousy communicator but then so is Lorelai. 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 4:54 PM, MerBearHou said:

Unpopular opinion, I'm sure, but I loathe Lorelai and Luke together as a couple.  He is a jerk in a romantic relationship.  Good friend to have but that's it.  

I personally like their relationship, and I think they have some really great moments.  They have a good amount of time that they get in a good flow before the storyline that tears them apart.  But I think if you read through previous comments you will see there are varying opinions so you aren’t alone.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, alexa said:

I personally like their relationship, and I think they have some really great moments.  They have a good amount of time that they get in a good flow before the storyline that tears them apart.  But I think if you read through previous comments you will see there are varying opinions so you aren’t alone.  

I absolutely love them as lifelong platonic friends.  But as loves, a big fat no from me.  

• Love 1
On 8/20/2021 at 4:54 PM, MerBearHou said:

He is a jerk in a romantic relationship.  Good friend to have but that's it.  

He was a good friend, that's for sure.  He was certainly not one for grand romantic gesture but he showed his love in other ways, knowing what she needed and doing the small things like teaching her to fish when it was for a date with another guy.  Or building her the ice rink.  

Again, I always wonder about the Palladino's love life and how it influenced the writing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've read the Palladinos originally had the diner owner be a female, and when they pitched the show they were told "too many female main characters", so Luke is created. They really pitched Luke as a Lorelai love interest in the pilot, and it was an ongoing theme throughout the series. One of the few good things in the revival is a closure for Luke and Lorelai.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

He was a good friend, that's for sure.  He was certainly not one for grand romantic gesture but he showed his love in other ways, knowing what she needed and doing the small things like teaching her to fish when it was for a date with another guy.  Or building her the ice rink.  

Again, I always wonder about the Palladino's love life and how it influenced the writing.

And building that beautiful chuppah. That must have taken hours and hours of hard work and creativity. Not to mention Rory's graduation party. He stayed up all night sewing together tarps and other water repellent materials to make that tent. I'd rather have a man like that than all the cheap yellow daisies in the world.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I'd rather have a man like that than all the cheap yellow daisies in the world.

Preach!

I can't think of a single man on this show I'd rather be married to than Luke Danes. 

• Love 7

I remember liking them and shipping them the first time I watched, then on the rewatch I still liked them together, but I was more critical of Luke's grumpiness. I wouldn't want to date someone choleric like that. But I'm definitely not Lorelai either, so it's all good 😄.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1