Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: The Indecision Amalgamation

While Raj is wracked with guilt when he tries to date two women at once, Penny wrestles with whether to take a role in a cheesy movie and Sheldon is torn trying to choose between two gaming systems.

Original Airdate: April 3, 2014

I'm liking Raj tonight. He was very charming and not creepy. I wonder if we'll see his date with Lucy or if this is the last we hear of it.

I knew Penny and Will were going to end up on the movie together. Although Will as a female orangutan is kind of a stretch.

I missed this show!

I hope that if they're going to keep showing Shamy kisses I get used to it soon. As it currently stands my response is to groan "uggh" and look away from the screen. Much like how I feel about their entire relationship, actually. 

• Love 1

The Sheldon/Amy kiss was strange because Amy seemed less into it than Sheldon ... Tight lipped. I was thinking "come on girl, help him out" and then he started talking which kind of ended the possibility of that.

Really liked Raj, I hope they keep him more on this sweet path

• Love 1

Yeah given that he and Leonard seem to have every other game system ever invented, him choosing between the two seemed forced and it's not like he couldn't afford both. Though it did give the chance for the knife in the back of Nintendo.

As far as Raj goes I said this in the small talk thread, I think it's better if he doesn't have a steady girlfriend, but instead goes through a series of crappy failed attempts at a relationship. 

Raj treats women like shit. First he couldn't talk to them unless he had booze and when he did get booze in them he was like the worst sexist pig drunken frat boy with a thermos full of GBH in his hand on the prowl. He doesn't deserve to have  a happy or lasting relationship with a woman.

Dilandau, how would you feel about Sheldon and Penny being a couple. The "Shenny" as it is known is a huge part of the fan fiction universe, much more than the "Shamy.".

For me the chemistry between Penn and Sheldon was clear from the first episode when she look at his whiteboard and said, "So you're like on of those beautiful mind guys." The look of awe and interest she gave, she got hit by the lighting bolt. Sheldon did too. But then she found out how much of a crazy weirdo he was and that was that.

The "PLEASE. PASS. THE. BUTTER" scene was awesome. She did something similar to him with Leonard's new table. I'm really glad to see kissing is now part of their dates, although I  had the feeling that Jim Parsons was suppresing his laughter XD

• Love 5
(edited)
Dilandau, how would you feel about Sheldon and Penny being a couple. The "Shenny" as it is known is a huge part of the fan fiction universe, much more than the "Shamy.".

I would prefer Sheldon to be alone (I don't think he's suited for relatinships), but if he had to be in a relationship, I would definitely prefer him with Penny. Because I think they do have chemistry, but I also think that Penny knows how to deal with him and wouldn't put up with his crap.  The Shamy dynamics are gross to me - she is so desperate to be with Sheldon that for the most part she just caves to his whims. She doesn't seem genuinely happy with him, but she clings on because she loves him and doesn't want to let go. Penny and Sheldon imo would be a more balanced relationship, though it probably wouldn't work out either.

That being said, I think I would find Sheldon kissing or playing a sexual version of D&D with anyone awkward.

Edited by Dilandau

Raj treats women like shit. First he couldn't talk to them unless he had booze and when he did get booze in them he was like the worst sexist pig drunken frat boy with a thermos full of GBH in his hand on the prowl. He doesn't deserve to have  a happy or lasting relationship with a woman.

I don't really see this.  He's awkward around women, for sure, but sexist pig, etc. sounds like Howard's pre-Bernadette days. 

The "PLEASE. PASS. THE. BUTTER" scene was awesome.

Totally agree -- it was so awesome. 

Next week's episode -- based on the promo shown at the end of last night's episode -- looks pretty good.  I wonder what makes Sheldon agree to a makeover....?

He's awkward around women, for sure, but sexist pig, etc. sounds like Howard's pre-Bernadette days.

There were hints of it early on in the series, before it was determined if he drank he could talk to girls. He would whisper something to Wolowitz and Wolowitz's response would be things like "I"m not saying that!" And I vaguely recall Penny being disgusted by something Raj says or did and Wolowitz commenting that she didn't know the half of it. Now that could be Wolowitz having fun at Raj's expense because I also remember an episode like that where Wolowitz definitely needled him, but I think it was set up early on he had the ability to be as bad about women as Wolowitz. 

I really liked this episode, maybe my favorite of the season. It was lighthearted, everyone seemed involved, and a lot of stuff happened. 

The Shamy kiss was so horribly awkward. It made me realize that if they ever had sex, IRL Amy would probably break up with him soon after. Sheldon is weak, he is uncoordinated, has no patience for others or any desire to please people other than himself, is not comfortable being touched, and grossed out by everything. Can you imagine what a horrible lover this would make? I don't think he would realistically put in the time and energy to figure out how to give Amy an orgasm  (and he would need a lot of time), assuming he could be convinced to even try. Please show, don't ever let them have sex!

And I agree that Raj usually a jerk toward women. Remember Lalita Gupta? How he insulted her and then assumed she was his because their parents fixed them up? Or when he went out with Penny for his award banquet? Or when the girls wanted to fix him up and he demanded a 9 or 10, or two eights? Raj is either hopelessly pathetic around women or he is a total jerk. So I was very surprised by how normal and charming he was with the redhead. I also agree it would be better to have a series of romantic misses than a relationship for Raj in the near future. 

I enjoyed the eppy in general and especially Mayim. "PLEASE PASS THE BUTTER!" heh. But yikes that kiss was beyond pathetic. Sheldon was kissing above her upper lip and it was passionless imo. BLARG.  So different from the train kiss which I found kind of hot. I wish Raj and Amy would fall in love and totally do it and be a couple. I know. I know. Eww. But I'd be all for that.

I was surprised and delighted to see Amy being so sarcastic during the please pass the butter scene! Although I adored it, it almost seemed a little out of character for her.

I'm glad they're continuing to have the Sheldon and Amy relationship move slowly.

I can't stand Lucy, it's not because she's weird, I just don't like her voice, or her demeanor, and I don't know, I just really don't like her. I really liked the deaf girl he dated, even after we found out she was a gold digger :) I've always imagined Raj with a redhead girl for some reason, so the date he had in this episode was fitting for me. Someone who is confident enough to make up for his lack of confidence, but not so much that it annoys either of them.

I have somebody in my life with OCD and I have actually experienced the OCD storm that Sheldon and Amy did last night. I really felt Amy's pain. And I was hoping Amy would dissolve into Sheldon's kiss a little more but that was quite a long kiss on his side! 

And I agree that Raj usually a jerk toward women. Remember Lalita Gupta? How he insulted her and then assumed she was his because their parents fixed them up? Or when he went out with Penny for his award banquet? Or when the girls wanted to fix him up and he demanded a 9 or 10, or two eights? Raj is either hopelessly pathetic around women or he is a total jerk. So I was very surprised by how normal and charming he was with the redhead. I also agree it would be better to have a series of romantic misses than a relationship for Raj in the near future. 

I think you're exaggerating this a bit, It helps to remember that Raj has never had a girlfriend.

Raj wanting his first girlfriend to be super beautiful  doesnt make him a jerk, it makes him male..

As for the Lalita bit recall this was also the first episode where he started drinking. End result his date talk ends up being whatever thoughts pop into his head "you used to be so fat!"  and then he panics when he realizes she likes Sheldon.

The whole PS4 vs Xbox One plot in this was incredibly annoying. I'm not sure why, seemed like it might have been paid for by Microsoft maybe.

The Penny stuff was fine and the Raj stuff was great. Really want to see Raj level off a bit and settle down.

The "PLEASE. PASS. THE. BUTTER" scene was awesome. She did something similar to him with Leonard's new table. I'm really glad to see kissing is now part of their dates, although I  had the feeling that Jim Parsons was suppresing his laughter XD

That was my favorite line in the whole show, lol.  And the scene was my favorite too.  Amy faking to be so into his 'decision'.  I'm glad to see Penny take a job.  She's not working and while it's not her favorite role, she needs to get her name out there.  She's not established to be that picky.  And I get from the writing we don't know what she has but going into the role and going with it, I'm happy to see.  Previous episodes I wasn't happy with her or how she was written at all.  Although from this, I am kinda of liking Will and Penny together.  Eh Raj, I haven't been interested in his lovelife since the vet he flirted with. 

• Love 1

Outside of this week's kiss (their first one, though, IS included in this statement) I really enjoy the chemistry between these two and I believe it's the actors' doing.  This was one of the best lines this week, but the whole exchange was great. 

All in all, I really liked this episode.  Please, however, I hope they will NOT bring back Lucy.  What a weak, insipid character.

• Love 1

Oh my god I finally saw this episode. "Please pass the butter" is now going into my rota of things to say when I have humoured my husband long enough while he goes on and on about something engineering related that is not the least bit interesting to me!  

• Love 5