Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Dolce

Sensing their time in Florence is coming to an end, Bedelia Du Maurier and Hannibal consider their parting as Hannibal plans for his final stand. Meanwhile, Will Graham and Jack Crawford reunite, but Jack remains uncertain about Will's true loyalty. Back in the States, Mason Verger hungrily makes plans for Hannibal's capture, while Alana Bloom and Margot Verger makes plans of their own for Mason.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W3T-eYHUDo

(edited)

Wait. What just happened? How did Mason get them? Did Hannibal cut open Will's head? That scene was right out of Hannibal, the book. So was Jack really there? I can usually figure this show out. Not that ending.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

I'd like to say I was distracted by my husband, who kept wanting to work on the family tree during the show, but I can't totally chalk it up to that -- what the hell just happened?

Yay for Alana and Margot, I guess.

• Love 2

This show is getting too sick even for me. I really can't stand seeing Will hurt, cut and sawed any more. The merging faces and arty sex scenes are really repetitive and don't add anything to the story. I also can't stand Hannibal getting the drop on Will and Jack again and again. Once someone carves you up and tries to kill most of your friends, you stay clear. 

I can only hope Chiyo gets some kind of tragic ending, she is useless and dangerous at the same time.

• Love 13
(edited)

So was that a big time jump or out of sequence ending? Didn't make a lot of sense, but neither does a whole lot of this show. 

No.

The episode description for 3:8 "The Great Red Dragon" is "Hannibal has been imprisoned for three years." That's the time jump.

Edited by AimingforYoko

That was an odd cut.  I was hoping Chiyo would step in instead of Mason.  I was really worried about Will there at the end.  I felt like he saw the light in this episode, and I'm glad.

I've been okay with the artsy-ness thus far, but I am ready for a little down to earth time.  I liked the direct conversations here between Jack and Will, Will and Hannibal at the museum, and Jack and Will confronting Bedelia.  She proved much more resourceful than I expected.  Good for her, and good twist on the drugging component of the book.  However, I'm not sure she's very good for the health and safety of the rest of the world.

I also like the idea that Margot and Alana both want to sell out Mason and Hannibal to the FBI.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling as if I missed something. The pace has really picked up over the two most recent episodes.

Having my Achilles' tendon slashed is one of my biggest fears. Yikes!

I never found Alana to be especially compelling until this season. Snazzy-dressing lesbian Alana is such an improvement!

The bizarre camera effects are starting to feel a bit undergrad film student to me.

Edited by KittyS
  • Love 5

What the Flock of Seagulls was that ending?!  Jeebus Cripes!

Bedelia and Chiyou had me until they lost me.

Go Alana and Margot!  You got a pretty, arty sex scene. That at least is nice.

Jack and Will?  I am so scared for you guys!

Hannibal? Just stfu. So tired of your pretentiousness. " Does God gloat?" "Constantly." or some such hogwash. Just.... I'm not devout anything, but that right there is S1 tiredness.  You are just spinnin' your golden oldies. Just let yourself get caught and torture Frederick from your cell.  Your pretentiousness is becoming rude, so check yourself, sir.

Mason and his masseuse/chef/co-conspirator/event planner are creepy. I will never eat Peking duck. I never have, so thanks for saving me from post-prandial horror.

Sweet Christmas is this thing going coocoo for Cocoa Puffs. How will the next episode be able to keep the plates spinning? I'll be tuning in to see.

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay, I am a bit lost, is that because I have never read the book? When Hannibal started cutting on Will's head I was cringing hoping it was a drug induced dream.

The poor messed up guy can't catch a break. Gutted by Hannibal, thrown off a train, shot, drugged, almost lobotomized. Hopefully whatever attachment he feels to Hannibal is now gone. I want to see Will fight for us life be damned whatever the consequences to Hannibal.

Little surprised by the tryst between Alana and Margot. I remember Margot telling Will she preferred women. Did not know Alana swung that way also. I am interested to see them get Mason to the FBI, or deal with him in some other manner.

So was Bedelia just biding her time with Hannibal to stay alive? She does not really care about him, am I right in that line of thinking. Edited to add Gillian looked amazing in that dress, so jealous of that cleavage, gotta get me some!

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 4

To be honest, since I knew that there was going to have be some sort of Verger-Hannibal showdown, I'm sort of glad that they didn't drag things out with the inevitably artsy cat-and-mouse sequence showing Hannibal and Will being kidnapped and spirited out of Italy. Connecting those dots is not that difficult.

I am happy that we got one last Hannibal & Bedelia in the bath sequence. Never sure who I'd rather be in those, Gillian or Mads.

• Love 3

I think Bedelia was studying Hannibal and his methods, while enjoying the thrill of being on the run and in the midst of this spree.  Meanwhile, she had several plans in motion that converge so she escapes without blame.

The only thing I'm curious about is where Jack is after Will and Hannibal were spirited away.

DeadlyEuphoric, Hannibal was hanging upside down this time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, that ending really threw me off.  One second, Hannibal cutting into Will's head (complete with Jack going "Noooo!" in slo-mo), and then suddenly, BAM!  Both Will and Hannibal are hanging in a freezer with pigs, while Mason wheels in with a smug look on his disgusting face.  I'm guessing we'll see what actually happened next week (either the police figured it out after questioning Bedelia or maybe Chiyo betrayed him for some reason), but that was kind of jarring and a strange choice.

Well, they certainly went from 0 to 100 with Alana and Margot, huh?  Just a mere few episodes ago, they were meeting for the first time in a barn, and now they having artistic sex, and talking about jacking (er, ew?) Mason's sperm, after they get his ass thrown in jail.  Oh, you two!  But I'm digging it.  And not just because it involves Caroline Dhavernas and Katherine Isabelle making out.

And what happened to Jack?  He wasn't "hanging" (sorry) with Will and Hannibal at the end, so what did they do with him?  Ergh, I guess we'll find out next week.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Bedelia's plan is to basically claim that Hannibal did to her what she did to Miriam, so that's why she probably won't end up getting arrested for the crimes.  Talk about having a back-up plan.  Obviously, Jack and Will see through it, but they don't have any proof, and they frankly don't really seem to care.  They just want Hannibal.

I still want to give the casting director brownie points for casting Glenn Flescher as Mason's new buddy.  It's a small role and I don't even know the character's name, but, man, that guy can play creepy perfectly.  He fits in seamlessly.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

'Hannibal'. The show that makes you go "Huh?". I guess Will was saved by the skin of his ... Umm head by Mason Verger. I really enjoyed the chat in the museum. The sketch Hannibal was doing of the painting had Will and Bedelia in it. I was surprised that the first words out of Jack and Hannibal's mouths upon seeing Will wasn't "What happened to you?" Chiyo certainly is persistent when it comes to wanting to hurt Will.

• Love 1

I didn't think they would go there, for some reason. I keep blocking it from memory. I've never seen the whole movie, but I've come across that scene when changing channels, and it makes me gag. 

I want Will to win at some point. I'm so tired of people getting the jump on him. 

So, are they planning to have Alana carry the baby? Or a surrogate?

I need to watch something lighter now. 

• Love 4

I wanted Will to have a piece of his brain literally fried like in the movie Hannibal. I am so tired of that puppy eyed, sad-sack. I've always thought that he just needs to have sex with Hannibal and get it out of his system.

Alana and Margot were hot.

Looks like some mostly naked Mads next week! Yum! ;-) BTW, who was in that soup he was feeding to Will?

• Love 5

I'm guessing there would be a flashback that explains how Will and Hannibal came to be in Verger's clutches. Probably something along the lines of the cop questioning Bedilia, who is also going after Verger's bounty, arrives in the nick of time and captures Hannibal and takes Will for good measure. A somewhat disorienting time jump to be sure... Will's head wounds still looked awfully fresh. But you know, this is a show where almost 10 characters have returned from should damn well be dead and only one has any scars to prove it, so none of us are still watching for realism.

• Love 2

BTW, who was in that soup he was feeding to Will?

I think it was some sort of marinade. When Will said it wasn't very good, Hannibal murmured that it was mostly for his own benefit. Then he fed Will another spoonful and said, "Let it circulate." A bit of a letdown, considering the amount of time he had devoted to feeding oysters and acorns to Bedelia.

• Love 3

I think it was some sort of marinade. When Will said it wasn't very good, Hannibal murmured that it was mostly for his own benefit. Then he fed Will another spoonful and said, "Let it circulate." A bit of a letdown, considering the amount of time he had devoted to feeding oysters and acorns to Bedelia.

Hannibal said "it's a parsley and thyme infusion. More for my sake than yours."

• Love 6
(edited)

Holy Shit Holy Shit Holy Shit!!!

In an insane.....er, brilliant......er, maybe insanely brilliant bit of stunt-casting, the dual roles of Paul Krendler and Clarice Starling are now being played by.....Will Graham!

talking about jacking (er, ew?) Mason's sperm, after they get his ass thrown in jail.

It actually doesn't involve "jacking," per se......Mason's paralyzed down there, so that probably wouldn't work too well.  Getting his sperm actually involves stimulation of his prostate.  With a cattle prod!  You guys do know the way to a man's prostate, right?

Can't wait for next week!  I actually got my screen name from the Foundation Sow of Mason's Hannibal-Eating Herd (Chapter 13 of the novel.)  Hey, why should Wild Boars get all the glory?!  But it looks like Mason intends to do the honors (of consuming Hannibal) himself, so that'll be a little different!

Edited by The Wild Sow
  • Love 1
(edited)

The consomme contain anesthetic. At least it did in the book and film.

That's why it tasted terrible.

And yes, they are going to need a cattle prod.

Edited by MrsR

How did Jack find them?

That is my only question out of that madness. That and why did Will a knife on Hannibal?

At some point I kind of want them to just kiss. Just once.

Bedelia wins this episode. Totally.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am still giggling over the insanity. I love that Bryan Fuller has basically said fuck it I will do what I want. I am so glad this is the last season. This cannot be topped. Epic weirdness. In a tidy 43 minutes.

Also this was a nice reminder that Hannibal is unsentimental about Will. His plan to eat his brain was also a dig at Jack. This was the monster Hannibal in full view.

Why did Will pull that knife?

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Love 1

Will wanted to kill Hannibal. That was his plan all along. Chiyo realized that and wanted to stop him so she could do whatever she wants with Hannibal. Popular fella that cannibal.

How did Jack find them?

I think he was doing his own investigation and went to one of the victim's house for clues. The name on the buzzer looked familiar.

WUT?

Okay, my favorite scene this season was from tonight with Will and Hannibal talking together in front of the painting with the distorted Goldberg Variations playing.  The way they looked at each other was much more of a love scene than Alana and Margot, and you could see the crackling chemistry between Hannibal and Will and Mads and Hugh.  It was beautiful.  

Then Will had to ruin it with a knife and, as I suspected, Chiyoh is Hannibal's guardian angel, then came the bone saw...  Thank all the gods for Mason.  I never thought I'd ever say that.  

I've always thought that he just needs to have sex with Hannibal and get it out of his system.

They both do.  

Bedelia making it look like Hannibal has been keeping her drugged.  Almost brilliant, but how does she explain the solo trips to the truffle shop and sitting by herself at the train station staring into the camera and then going back to him?

• Love 5

Nowadays Can't they test hair hair to see how long someone was exposed to a poison/drug? Then they'd know it wasn't just a one time dose.

During the museum scene I did actually say out loud at one point "just kiss already!" Clearly they wanted to.

• Love 5

My sister saw this for the first time and when they got to the scene with the bone saw she couldn't believe something that graphic was on network TV.

Poor Will. Now he's going to be monologued to death. Vogon poetry might be the better option.

• Love 8

Dear Vincenzo, no, not all of us have had a relationship like Hannibal and Will's. At least now I know who to blame for the kaleidoscope sex scenes.

I was cracking up during the first scene when Hannibal was stumbling around the streets of Florence with blood soaked clothes and no one noticed or called the police. It was light out so it must have been at least a few hours after Jack tossed him out the window. Apparently Will wasn't hurt as badly as Hannibal was since he ws able to walk all the way to Florence in the same amount of time it took Hannibal to limp back to Bedelia.

Just when I thought Mason couldn't get any grosser, he did. I don't know why Margot was dumb enough to think his idea (of using his sperm to have a kid) was a good idea. The guy is straight up crazy. You really want that gene pool to reproduce? If she really wants to have a child, why does it have to be biologically related to her? I really hope she doesn't want Alana to have Mason's baby. Ugh. I was actually afraid during the sex scene that he was watching and waiting for the perfect moment to charge in and squirt a turkey baster of semen into Alana.

I was confused as to why Hannibal just led Bedelia leave. Even though she hadn't marinated long enough (heh), what was his reason for not killing her right then and there?

Will is having a pretty terrible day. First he got thrown off a train, shot by Chiyo, drugged by Hannibal and strapped to a chair, then Hannibal sawed into his head. Seriously, this guy needs a vacation in a nice safe padded room where no one can assault him.

Dear Vincenzo, no, not all of us have had a relationship like Hannibal and Will's. At least now I know who to blame for the kaleidoscope sex scenes.

I was cracking up during the first scene when Hannibal was stumbling around the streets of Florence with blood soaked clothes and no one noticed or called the police. It was light out so it must have been at least a few hours after Jack tossed him out the window. Apparently Will wasn't hurt as badly as Hannibal was since he ws able to walk all the way to Florence in the same amount of time it took Hannibal to limp back to Bedelia.

Just when I thought Mason couldn't get any grosser, he did. I don't know why Margot was dumb enough to think his idea (of using his sperm to have a kid) was a good idea. The guy is straight up crazy. You really want that gene pool to reproduce? If she really wants to have a child, why does it have to be biologically related to her? I really hope she doesn't want Alana to have Mason's baby. Ugh. I was actually afraid during the sex scene that he was watching and waiting for the perfect moment to charge in and squirt a turkey baster of semen into Alana.

I was confused as to why Hannibal just led Bedelia leave. Even though she hadn't marinated long enough (heh), what was his reason for not killing her right then and there?

Will is having a pretty terrible day. First he got thrown off a train, shot by Chiyo, drugged by Hannibal and strapped to a chair, then Hannibal sawed into his head. Seriously, this guy needs a vacation in a nice safe padded room where no one can assault him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well that was some of the trippiest lesbian sex I have ever seen. Followed by a: "hey babe do you mind harvesting some of my brothers sperm?"

For a second there I was wondering if Hannibal was going to win in this version of the story. Trippy.

Gillian Anderson is wonderful as Bedelia and she might actually be my favorite part of the show. I adored her scene with Hannibal when they outright talked about the end and how she knew full well he planned on eating her: "You make may a meal of me yet Hannibal...but not today." And her scenes with Jack and the Italian police officer when she was drugged up was fantastic.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
(edited)

I wish that Bedelia had just told them that she tried to attract their attention in the safest way she could think of. That she didn't kill anyone (intentionally), nor did she eat anyone. The scenes were well done, but I don't understand why she would do that when it came to Will and Jack - unless she expected the Italian police first.

I liked that Will seemed amused by Chiyo throwing him off the train. I still can't believe they went there at the end, though. *shiver*

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the reason why it has to be Mason's progeny is for the sake of keeping the company in her hands. It's like being the mother to a future king, I guess.

During the museum scene I did actually say out loud at one point "just kiss already!" Clearly they wanted to.

I kind of thought they were going there, regardless of the source material. After all that talk of love, love, love in the previous episodes. 

Eh, maybe they still have their chance. They tried to each other at least once before last season's finale and still wanted to elope to Italy together. Attempted murder just seems like a little spat to them.

Will: "You were going to eat my brain while I was still alive!"

Hannibal: "I would have shared some with you!"

Will: "...Aw."

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 7
In an insane.....er, brilliant......er, maybe insanely brilliant bit of stunt-casting, the dual roles of Paul Krendler and Clarice Starling are now being played by.....Will Graham!

I know, it's like they're all playing Clarice now!  

I love how portions of the book, Hannibal are inserted here, when I saw the snake in the class case, I remembered Mason's sperm (PM me and I'll tell you). 

• Love 1
(edited)

I wish that Bedelia had just told them that she tried to attract their attention in the safest way she could think of. That she didn't kill anyone (intentionally), nor did she eat anyone. The scenes were well done, but I don't understand why she would do that when it came to Will and Jack - unless she expected the Italian police first.

I liked that Will seemed amused by Chiyo throwing him off the train. I still can't believe they went there at the end, though. *shiver*

Well expecting or wishing these people to act like rational human beings is a mistske. They eat human beings. I think most of them are Apex predators and we are watching a battle to see which is the apexyiest preditor of them all.

I thought Bedelia's plan was brilliant; using one of Hannibals past actions as an alibi is something she would do. Mind control doesn't stop you from doing daily activity stuff like going to the shop it just.....controls your mind. Besides going to the cops or telling Jack everything has its own problems. She may not have purposely killed anyone but she was on the run with one of FBI Most Wanted it really doesn't matter. His crimes are her crimes. Being drugged and manipulated by scary Hannibal makes her another of his victims. To be honest I was surprised she didn't kill the Italian police officer.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

Poor Will. Now he's going to be monologued to death. Vogon poetry might be the better option.

This made me giggle. And I like Mason. I still like him.

I just noticed Will's suit jacket. Other than Bella' s funeral and his trial, has he ever worn a jacket? Looked nice. Crisp.

I like how unsurprised Jack looked at Will just appearing, professionally suited but battered.

And I will treasure Bedelia gleefully tripping out in front of Jack and Will. Hee. So of like when Mason tripped out last season but a happier result.

• Love 4

Ducks are dead when they're prepped for being Pekinged. Calling that 'torture' seems out of bounds.

Bedelia channeling Norma Desmond delighted me. I'm going to swan around the office intoning/slurring "I am Lydia Fell" all day in tribute.

• Love 6
(edited)

Jack beat the breaks off Hannibal.

LOL! Hannibal getting his Chuckie on when he cut Jack's achilles tendon from under the table. Wasn't that a famous scene in the movie but Chuckie the doll did it from under the bed? That freaked me the hell out as a child (and adult to be honest LOL!).

Mason is reminding me of Jim Carrey as Fire Marshall Bill during his In Living Color day. 

Yum Peking Hannibal.

Yeah Chiyo, you are no way near as malleable as Will. You keep telling yourself that.

Lesbian kaleidoscope sex was a bridge too far. Not the sex itself but the overproduced, art house quality of it. It is just too much for me now that it almost appears amateurish no matter that it is well shot, etc. It might as well have been a star wipe at this point. 

Alanna's patterned pantsuit seemed very Hannibal inspired. The girl has been looking SHARP!

That jump to Will and Jack being saved was way too jarring and confusing and hence poorly executed. 

Edited by islandgal140

I thought Jack would be on the receiving end of the brain saw, with Will forced to watch... and I thought, for a second, Fuller would go through with it. I know Crawford is in the picture in Red Dragon, but it'd be just like Fuller to kill him off here. I was glad he didn't.

• Love 4

My first reaction:

WHAT DID I JUST WATCH??????

While I can't speak for everyone I'm pretty sure that was (or will be) EVERYONE's reaction. Like every Fannibal on the entire planet.

• Love 1