Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

OriginalCyn
  • Start Topic

KittenPokerCheater, the pairs free did broadcast yesterday morning (I believe on USA channel) but I've seen no mention of any ice dance - I suspect we'll probably just get Chock and Bates' FD in NBC's "highlights reel" next weekend (not this weekend, but next weekend 🙄🤬)

I'm a broken record at this point, but it bears repeating that NBC seriously sucks. ☹️

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
37 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

KittenPokerCheater, the pairs free did broadcast yesterday morning (I believe on USA channel) but I've seen no mention of any ice dance - I suspect we'll probably just get Chock and Bates' FD in NBC's "highlights reel" next weekend (not this weekend, but next weekend 🙄🤬)

I'm a broken record at this point, but it bears repeating that NBC seriously sucks. ☹️

Amen! Dance is the USA's strongest discipline and is treated like an afterthought by NBC. I'm sure ladies singles coverage still gets the highest ratings here, but if any of the four disciplines should be treated as an afterthought right now it's the one. I still haven't had time to watch the free skate. 

Meanwhile, I'm off to take a nap so I can stay up all night to watch the free dance. 

• Like 5

The men’s competition was fire! I was on the edge of my seat. Ilia needs to hire Jason Brown for his coaching team, because those component scores were yikes! He barely cracked 80 points, when everyone else in that league were 90+

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The Men's final flight was a great one.  Shoma and Junhwan would had to have made some major mistakes for Ilia to win, and they didn't.  I've never seen Junhwan skate so well, and Shoma held up under tremendous pressure.  Jason and Kevin also really turned it out.  Good thing Jason was on the World team--his 5th place along with Ilia's 3rd get the US Men 3 spots for next year.  The women will be back to two spots for 2024.

Ilia's choice of music for the LP was not the best for him, in my opinion.  I found it dreary and one note.  It needed a perfect performance to really score and although he came close, there were a few sloppy landings.  I think he needs something that can beef up his presentation and get the audience involved.  Either something really "young" and peppy, or a warhorse like Gladiator might work for him.  I do applaud how well he handled the pressure--pretty amazing for 18!

• Like 10

My DVR missed getting the pairs free skate.  Dammit.  I wanted to see everyone’s performance and kiss and cry- because I wonder how the American team felt at coming in second.  I think they wanted to go out on top.  

Can’t wait to see the free dance.  But seriously- wtf nbc.

• Like 4

Watching the ice dance and men this morning was such a treat! There was so much good and great skating in the top 2 groups in each discipline.

Personal faves include:

the Czech dance team, Taschlerova/Taschler, who finished in 8th. Their speed and power is wonderful!

Fear/Gibson and Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen having career best free dances

Chock/Bates finally winning a world title! 

Jason Brown AND Kevin Aymoz,  my 2 favorite artistic boys, having career best performances. I have no idea what Jason’s plans are after this…I wouldn't be surprised if he decides this is his last competition as a skater, because what a way to end.

Junhwan Cha really going full out! So exciting to see him finally put together 2 great programs and get rewarded for it. Also, I do kinda love his commitment to costumes that are pretty much identical to one another except for the shoulder decoration.

And of course Shona Uno successfully defending his world title. Very cool that he and Kaori because the first Japanese singles skaters to win consecutive world titles (and on home country ice!)

Edited by specialj67
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

The men’s competition was fire! I was on the edge of my seat. Ilia needs to hire Jason Brown for his coaching team, because those component scores were yikes! He barely cracked 80 points, when everyone else in that league were 90+

ITA, Ilia’s skating skills and nonjump content is very mid right now. Really, the most junior-ish out of all of the top men. Reminds me of where Nathan Chen was around 2016…but honestly, not even that good-ish. Hopefully Ilia will spend more time on his basic skating skills in the off season.

• Like 3

I am so thrilled for Chock and Bates. Good for them for going back to work on their programs for the season when they had a lackluster debut. I will say again, though...it's almost crazy how many times they've fallen in competitions. And it's not even one of them in particular (though she's fallen more than he has). I almost wonder if it's something about the height difference and the way it affects their skating posture, because I've never seen a team at this level trip so many times. It was lovely to see their genuine surprise when they won anyway (by a LOT). 

I can't stand the Evita music and I also can't stand Piper Gilles' facial expressions. I thought Fear/Gibson and FB/Sorensen were both far superior, particularly the latter. I hope that even if Russian teams are allowed back next year--and I would strongly disagree with that decision--that the politics have changed enough with two years out that their ice dance teams won't edge out these far worthier competitors.

The men's order was correct, which I hope inspires Ilia's team (because I don't think for a second he's the one making the calls) to really focus on his artistry. Sure, it might have been different if he had been totally clean, but having such low components scores means he would HAVE to be totally clean every single time he skated to win, and that's a rarity when you're doing that many quads.

• Like 5

I'd always been put off by the Chock & Bates height difference. Until they moved to Montreal, Evan was always slightly bent forward, trying to compensate. Somebody up there got him to stop doing that, thank goodness.  Glad they're finally World Champions! 

What in the world happened to Bradie in the LP...16th??

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I am so thrilled for Chock and Bates. Good for them for going back to work on their programs for the season when they had a lackluster debut. I will say again, though...it's almost crazy how many times they've fallen in competitions. And it's not even one of them in particular (though she's fallen more than he has). I almost wonder if it's something about the height difference and the way it affects their skating posture, because I've never seen a team at this level trip so many times. It was lovely to see their genuine surprise when they won anyway (by a LOT). 

I can't stand the Evita music and I also can't stand Piper Gilles' facial expressions. I thought Fear/Gibson and FB/Sorensen were both far superior, particularly the latter. I hope that even if Russian teams are allowed back next year--and I would strongly disagree with that decision--that the politics have changed enough with two years out that their ice dance teams won't edge out these far worthier competitors.

The men's order was correct, which I hope inspires Ilia's team (because I don't think for a second he's the one making the calls) to really focus on his artistry. Sure, it might have been different if he had been totally clean, but having such low components scores means he would HAVE to be totally clean every single time he skated to win, and that's a rarity when you're doing that many quads.

THANK YOU on Piper's facial expressions! In the original dance, she treats the "open mouth ALL THE WAY" as a way to express emotion. OVER AND OVER. Excuse me for this comparison, but she looks like a blow up doll when she does it. And once I thought that, I couldn't unsee it. I prefer FB/S to them, if I'm picking my Canadian team.

I was following Jackie Wong's Twitter through the Dance. He also didn't care for G/P's programs. Especially Evita, which I agree with. He also said that Madi's fall was on an non-element, another flukey trip, which yeah, she does a lot, so basically it should only cost them the -1.00 deduction. And he was right. He noticed everyone else's weaker Twizzle bobbles. So happy for Chock and Bates. it was a long time coming for them to win the Big One. And they now have done something that H/D did not. LOL. 

I don't think that Alexa and Brandon were too disappointed coming in second.  They won the long, I think. Plus, they were up against so much. Defending a World title for the first time, being there without Todd or Jennie, and worried about him, and the inevitable home ice advantage that their closest competitors would have. They are the only U.S. pair to win a world medal two years in a row since Jennie and Todd did it. That's pretty awesome, given the sorry state of U.S. pairs for SO LONG. Have they said that this is their last year? They did say that they didn't want to leave unless there was stability coming up behind them. Chan and Howe seem to have that. Plus, also the World Junior Champs being American (although the age rules may bite them).

I laughed that Jackie also mentioned that the Italians do the "dark characters well." OF COURSE they do. Bab's is their coach!! They have the Barbara Fusar-Poli withering look of disdain to learn from. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Is Piper's mouth open all the time due to her need for air? Skaters competing with open mouths have always been a distraction. But, G/P have never appealed to me. I still miss Weaver/Poje. They were such elegant skaters.

Maybe, but it looks more like it's to convey sexiness. She definitely does it more in the original dance, with the Latin flare, than in their Evita free dance which is more dramatic. 

Still love that purple dress, though.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
12 hours ago, absnow54 said:

As should’ve happened with Ilia. He has no presence whatsoever. And you are right. He is like Nathan Chen circa 2016. All jumps and not much else. Nathan improved but not much IMO when it comes to artistry. But the jumps and consistency is what pushed him ahead of the pack. 

Shoma is so mesmerizing to watch. Such quality skating above the competition. The only person on his level is Jason Brown and unfortunately he doesn’t have the quads. Otherwise his skating and presence is superb. Glad for Shoma though. Back to back world champion! Great to see Juhnwan finally come into his own. Even though he’s only 21 it seems as if he’s been competing forever but with no world medal. Finally he earns one. I think his FS was the best I’ve seen him perform. Hopefully that will continue. 

With ID I really thought the gold could’ve gone to C/B or the Italians. I didn’t think C/B were that far ahead of the competition. But congrats to them on defending their title. The Italians had some interesting lifts. Loved the facial expressions of Charlene. Her dramatics reminded me of some of the ID divas from back in the day who often deployed the exaggerated facial expressions in their performances. Lol

Happy for Kaori’s back to back win but I felt she held back emotionally during that skate. Perhaps the nerves got to her being in front of the home crowd. Haein rightfully won the FS as she was perfect. 

Really enjoyed Kim Chaeyon. I think there’s so much potential in her. Can’t wait to see how her skating and performance matures over the next few years.

Isabaeu seems to have the tools to be the total package but she needs more work on her artistry and blending her jumps within the program. As of right now you can see a jump coming a mile away. Hopefully the media will hold off on crowning her as the next great hope for ladies Figure skating in the US. I was stunned and annoyed to hear Terry say she is the expected front runner from the US at the next Winter Games. The kid just won her first senior championship at Nationals, has yet to win an international title and the next winter games is three years away. A lot can happen between now and then. I think it’s premature to be having those type of expectations for her and thus inciting unnecessary pressure. SMH.

Though I don’t miss the Russians I think the ladies overall are stagnant technically. There’s no one pushing the sport right now. All of the ladies are humming along at the status quo even with artistry. Hopefully things will improve over the next couple of years. 

Edited by Enero
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

And they now have done something that H/D did not. LOL. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this! I do not miss those two at all.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

So nbc didn't wait the Free Dance competition at ALL and I won't get to see how everyone performed.  I am so furious.  I swear, they planning on letting their tv deal with the USFS expire so we won't be able to see any of the competitions at all.  :(

We were lucky to see one Pairs team and one Ice Dance team skate their free programs in tonight's 2 hour broadcast of World's highlights.  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Tippi said:

I know the coverage was terrible.  You might have to try to see if any videos have been posted online for any skaters that you wanted to watch.

It appears Terry, Tara & Johnny weren’t even sent to Japan to cover the event. I think that says a lot.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Enero said:

Though I don’t miss the Russians I think the ladies overall are stagnant technically. There’s no one pushing the sport right now. All of the ladies are humming along at the status quo even with artistry. Hopefully things will improve over the next couple of years. 

I was thinking about that too.  I don't think anyone in the last flight even attempted a triple axel or quad.  My guess is the Russians will be allowed back in by the 2024 Olympics and the content the ladies are doing now is not going to be competitive with them.

It's too bad Isabeau fell on her triple-triple.  She might have been able to snag the bronze had it not been for the fall.  I thought Haein was terrific--I might have had her winning the gold. 

I'm glad the Saturday night broadcast included the interviews with C/B and Ilia.  Sometimes it's so easy to watch the performance, but not really consider the real people out there on the ice.

I just have to say once again what a terrible decision it was to do away with the Olympic Channel.  NBC is all about the hype for whoever they pick to be the face of the Olympics for the US (Michael Phelps, Simone Biles, Nathan, etc) but now they are giving the viewers such a limited opportunity to get to know these athletes, how do they expect the casual viewer to get invested enough to watch the Olympic coverage?

• Like 8

I'm sincerely trying to figure out what it is about Jason Brown that everyone thinks is so "artistic." What I assume is that it's because he looks like a ballet dancer on ice, the way he positions his limbs and his posture and the curvature of his back. He has some pretty spins, I'll give him that.

However, he leans way too hard into the melodrama of his programs, always skating to some overwrought ballad or overly majestic score. I think that adds a great deal to the notion that he's "artistic" and it feels emotionally manipulative to me, like skating to Schindler's List. He never does anything upbeat and fun.

I also don't get why he can't do a quad. He's clearly a brilliant technician, everything he does is perfect. So why can't he do a single quad? Just maybe a quad toe and a quad sow. If he's getting the scores he gets without a quad imagine what he'd get with a quad. Doesn't he want to win?

I was not all that impressed with Shoma. He too is a great technician but he doesn't have much personality on the ice. I really liked Ilia, but the kid is only 18, he needs time to improve. Tomono Kazuki was probably my favorite, what a joyous skate. I watched it twice.

Re: Jason? I only enjoy watching him skate when his programs are interesting (to me), such as Riverdance & Sinnerman. Watching skaters skating to ballads puts me to sleep. I'm not sure why Jason hasn't mastered at least one quad, but I do remember that it took him forever to conquer a triple axel.

Jason started too late to learn how to do quads. His coach before Wilson/Orser (Kori Ade) was not that technically advanced. When he was coming up, quads were the exception rather than the rule. It wasn’t until he went to Canada that he was really trained in how to do jumps.

Jason has done a lot of fun routines. He first got noticed for his Riverdance free program. Rohene Ward was his principal choreographer for most of his career and crafted upbeat programs. It’s usually David Wilson that choreographs the ballad programs.

Jason’s artistry comes from things that are hard to pick up if you have only watched him skate on television. TV can’t give you a sense of how fast he skates or how much of the ice he covers. Most of the skill in skating is in the movement of the feet yet TV likes to show closeups of the face or the waving of the arms, which means nothing. Watch how long Jason skates on one foot while changing blades or direction. His transitions are amazing. Going from an Ina Bauer into a jump is very hard. His Russian splits are very high off the ice. He does spirals and Biellmanns which are hard for the male anatomy to do. His spins stay in one spot. And he does all these elements in time with music. Some skaters’ programs feel like you can change the music and it wouldn’t matter. Jason’s programs are intertwined with the music. That’s why Jason gets 10.00’s in component scores.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

So nbc didn't wait the Free Dance competition at ALL and I won't get to see how everyone performed.  I am so furious.  I swear, they planning on letting their tv deal with the USFS expire so we won't be able to see any of the competitions at all.  :(

Amen. NBC is so clearly focused on getting a stranglehold on skating and making it exclusive to their own streaming service but all they're really doing killing interest in the sport. No casual fan is going to go through this much trouble to watch, and it's becoming a real struggle for committed fans (such as anyone reading or posting on this thread 🙂) to keep watching.

3 hours ago, Tippi said:

I just have to say once again what a terrible decision it was to do away with the Olympic Channel.  NBC is all about the hype for whoever they pick to be the face of the Olympics for the US (Michael Phelps, Simone Biles, Nathan, etc) but now they are giving the viewers such a limited opportunity to get to know these athletes, how do they expect the casual viewer to get invested enough to watch the Olympic coverage?

Well said. NBC wants it both ways, they want the attention and the hype that their anointed Chosen Athletes can bring, yet don't want to consistently air the sport(s) for viewers to maintain interest. I used to be a once a year or once every four years skating fan but since I've started following it year in and year out I enjoy it so much more - seeing skaters rise through the ranks, and grow and mature makes their talent that much more exciting to watch.

It's just so frustrating that the field is truly fair for the first time in years yet I've been able to watch less skating this year.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Tippi said:

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Amen. NBC is so clearly focused on getting a stranglehold on skating and making it exclusive to their own streaming service but all they're really doing killing interest in the sport. No casual fan is going to go through this much trouble to watch, and it's becoming a real struggle for committed fans (such as anyone reading or posting on this thread 🙂) to keep watching.

Well said. NBC wants it both ways, they want the attention and the hype that their anointed Chosen Athletes can bring, yet don't want to consistently air the sport(s) for viewers to maintain interest. I used to be a once a year or once every four years skating fan but since I've started following it year in and year out I enjoy it so much more - seeing skaters rise through the ranks, and grow and mature makes their talent that much more exciting to watch.

It's just so frustrating that the field is truly fair for the first time in years yet I've been able to watch less skating this year.

NBC seems to be pushing most FS coverage to their sister station Peacock. I believe they aired the full competitions live for the Olympics and Worlds. Of course if the competitions take place on the other side of the world folks here in the U.S. would have to watch in the middle of the night if they don’t want to watch the horrible coverage on NBC.

Also, Peacock had full replay of all the FS disciplines available on that app. This year’s Worlds they did this as well. They had the full competition for SP available for men’s, ladies’s and dance. They did not have anything out there for pairs unless they put it out there after I logged off the app. For the free skate and dance they only had the last two flights available for replay. Don’t know why they didn’t have the full competition available. 

Also, they only had the replays available for 10 hours which was odd. At least with the Olympics they’d have the replay available for several days, maybe even a couple of weeks. Not sure why they don’t do the same for Worlds. 

I’m never available to watch the competitions live and have no interest in watching the selective evening coverage by NBC. So the Peacock app is a great option for me. 

• Like 2

I wish Peacock would leave the coverage up for at least 48 hours. Hell, I'd even settle for 24!

ETA: Wait, I guess they do! I just looked and they have the gala, men's free skate, free dance, and women's free skate up. So, huh, they must leave it up for 48 hours. Wow, I thought I had heard it was only for like 12 or something. I could have been watching more lol oh well!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I did a search of "figure skating" and one of the sports channels in the 600's on my Directv had the USA broadcasts, which included dance and pairs. If I hadn't done a search, I never would have found them and set them to record. It was channel 665 on my line up, with the abbreviation NSCH HD, which I'm pretty sure is NBC Sports Chicago. 

Try doing a search if you have cable or satellite and see if someone is running repeats. God, I miss the Olympic Channel. They would run repeats of the big competitions for the week following, daily. 

• Like 2

Peacock is leaving the replays of Worlds up for 48 hours after each session, but a week would be even better. There are many, many reasons why someone might not be able to watch something within a specific 48-hour window. Really, NBC and their copyright lawyers need to get some spine and not back down in the face of frivolous music lawsuits.

• Like 6

I was out of town for a week so I haven't had the chance to watch everything. Caught the men and the women.

So happy for Shoma! Two in a row. He definitely earned it. 

A clean program from Kevin! I wouldn't have predicted that he'd place over Adam at worlds if you'd asked me earlier in the season. 

Jason was fabulous. I wish he'd been given the bronze. Either Jason or Kevin getting the bronze would have been more satisfying to me. Ilia still had a lot of work to do.

I preferred Haein Lee's long program overall, but I'm happy for Kaori. She definitely fought for it. How exciting for Japan to win three out of four disciplines. 

I hope Isabeau puts together better programs next season. She's had so much criticism (both fair and unfair) I really hope that she'll prove her critics wrong.

I feel like Loena didn't have the fire she usually has. Fingers crossed for a more exciting long next season. 

Most of my favorites didn't deliver unfortunately. Loena, Kurakova, Yelim, Rinka and Amber were all disappointing.

Looking forward to checking out the dance and pairs. Very happy for Chock and Bates. It's long overdue as far as I'm concerned. I feel like they should have won with the snakecharmer program in the 2020 worlds that never were.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Looking forward to checking out the dance and pairs. Very happy for Chock and Bates. It's long overdue as far as I'm concerned. I feel like they should have won with the snakecharmer program in the 2020 worlds that never were.

I was thinking of the snake charmer FD while watching C/B last night. That, to me, was their best program ever. With this season's FD, we really couldn't clearly see their fabulous lift where she's standing on his thigh (or at least I couldn't and I was watching for it). 

• Like 4

I'm not sure if it would have changed the standings or not, but I wonder why Isabeau's team hasn't worked on a backup plan if she misses the first combo. Most other skaters will throw a 2nd jump onto a solo jump to somewhat make up for it (I think Bradie did this for example after she missed the first combo, though obviously she had a ton of other errors after that). But she just stuck with her planned content. Isabeau's young so she shouldn't be expected to do this completely on her own volition, but they need to train her for that so it's part of her plan. She's leaving points on the table by not being able to adjust.

Edited by redpencil
  • Like 7

On Instagram, I found part of the Ice Dance press conference with all three couples. They weren't aware, until the reporter threw it out there, but this is the first podium in Dance history where every medalist was over 30 years old. Evan looked genuinely shocked, and they all did a "let's hear it for the old people," cheer. 

Suck on that, Sambo. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6

I think my favorite part of WTT was watching Jason Brown get Ilia Malinin out of his shell. After his first skate, he seemed to be nervously watching Jason's singing/dancing/cheerleading antics next to him, but by day two he was copying Jason's moves and joining in, and by day three he seemed so joyful to be part of the Team USA spirit that he didn't even seem fazed when he was ranked 5th in the free skate--because the team still won.

I know there have been many opinions on Jason, but to me, the man is a gift. Not just his skating, but his personality and genuine kindness. And I would argue that he pushes the sport as much as anyone else by proving that skating skills apart from jumps do matter and that you can do consistently well in competitions without the jump content. Whenever he shows up for a competition, you know he's going to finish in at least the top ten, and he often hovers around 6-8, which is pretty good considering who else is in the field. Apart from Ilia, no one else from the USA is even close to being able to show that kind of consistency and success, so the "he should step aside to give experience to others" argument doesn't make much sense to me. There's no heir apparent right now. When Jason does decide to leave competitive skating, chances are high that for least a few years the USA will drop down to two spots for Worlds, meaning they'll be able to send exactly as many non-Jason Brown skaters as they can now. As far as I'm concerned, he's earning his own place at Worlds every year. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 9
  • Love 4

@Jillibean Thanks for your post. Not having Peacock, I didn't see any of the WTT. So glad Team USA did well. I'm selfish in that I don't want K/F or C/B to retire (but I know they deserve to rest on their laurels). I just hope someone like Jason takes Ilia under his wing...helps him with choreography (& maybe toning down the quadgod stuff).

• Like 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I think my favorite part of WTT was watching Jason Brown get Ilia Malinin out of his shell. After his first skate, he seemed to be nervously watching Jason's singing/dancing/cheerleading antics next to him, but by day two he was copying Jason's moves and joining in, and by day three he seemed so joyful to be part of the Team USA spirit that he didn't even seem fazed when he was ranked 5th in the free skate--because the team still won.

I know there have been many opinions on Jason, but to me, the man is a gift. Not just his skating, but his personality and genuine kindness. And I would argue that he pushes the sport as much as anyone else by proving that skating skills apart from jumps do matter and that you can do consistently well in competitions without the jump content. Whenever he shows up for a competition, you know he's going to finish in at least the top ten, and he often hovers around 6-8, which is pretty good considering who else is in the field. Apart from Ilia, no one else from the USA is even close to being able to show that kind of consistency and success, so the "he should step aside to give experience to others" argument doesn't make much sense to me. There's no heir apparent right now. When Jason does decide to leave competitive skating, chances are high that for least a few years the USA will drop down to two spots for Worlds, meaning they'll be able to send exactly as many non-Jason Brown skaters as they can now. As far as I'm concerned, he's earning his own place at Worlds every year. 

Amen to everything you said Jillibean. I think my favorite part of WTT was watching the camaraderie between all the skaters.Their messages of support for Todd Sand were great too.

And speaking of Todd, Jenni has posted a couple updates on their Instagram over the last couple days. 

• Love 3

We are way behind in our skating this year.  Some due to NBC, and some due to us.  Shame on NBC for not supporting the USA.  Alexia and Brandon were truly amazing, and I did tear up during their long.  This is their last year, correct.  I follow Alexia, and she hinted at it.  I wonder if Brandon is finally ready to walkway.  Maddie and Madison and Evan were also on fire.  The girls had bobbles, but Isabeau and Amber assisted to the gold.  Jason and Ilia also had a bobble, but they stayed strong.  I still cannot believe we are at the end of the season.  Does anyone know if this is Jason's last year.  Muramoto and Dai made Andrew LLoyd Weber proud on his last weekend.  I was secretly hoping that Korea would come in second.  I wish they had a team booth set up where the teammates could do the same during the actual competition.  I loved how the coaches were also game.  When the camera panned, all the countries were thrilled for their other teams.  I almost forgot about Keegan, I cried when he came off the ice.

My husband and sister have the perfect eye.  They both know exactly from the time the foot leaves the ice, to the twisting, landing, lifting, and spinning exactly when one messes up.  I need the commentary.  I have always watched for the beauty of the sport.  IF this is not aloud, then I understand for removing it.  Figure Skating 22 has everything up to watch from start to finish.  All the teams did their countries proud this year.  One last note, no more Latin dancing, please.  You can only take so much bongo and Gloria.  

https://www.youtube.com/@figureskating2277

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPFqXBbUteA

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2023 at 3:42 PM, carrier76 said:

I’m seeing on Twitter that next season’s rhythm dance theme is 80s music? It sounds like a mess but in the very best possible way. I can’t wait to see what Fear and Gibson’s program is.

I think it would be so awesome if they used selections from New Order.

Edited to add--I hope the teams really have fun with this theme. So much good music to choose from. No reason there shouldn't be lots of entertaining programs this season. Too bad Chock and Bates already used Bowie's Let's Dance. That would have been perfect for this season.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Like 2
On 4/21/2023 at 6:42 PM, carrier76 said:

I’m seeing on Twitter that next season’s rhythm dance theme is 80s music? It sounds like a mess but in the very best possible way. I can’t wait to see what Fear and Gibson’s program is.

Komatsubara/Koleto are skating to Ghostbusters:

Who ya gonna call?

Edited by ML89
  • Like 1
On 4/23/2023 at 8:39 AM, Avaleigh said:

I think it would be so awesome if they used selections from New Order.

Edited to add--I hope the teams really have fun with this theme. So much good music to choose from. No reason there shouldn't be lots of entertaining programs this season. Too bad Chock and Bates already used Bowie's Let's Dance. That woupd have been perfect for this season.

C/B could use the non-Latinized, ORIGINAL version of Let's Dance, sort of like the Shibs and Coldplay. 😃

• Like 1
  • Useful 1