Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OriginalCyn

Figure Skating

1 hour ago, Jeddah said:

I thought I knew my figure skating gossip, but I guess not! 

Katia Gordeeva also married David Pelletier last year.

• Surprise 3

19 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Katia Gordeeva also married David Pelletier last year.

WHAAAAATTTTTT??????

• Like 5

When it comes to Gordeeva's affections, only Olympic gold medalists need apply.

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

12 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I was gonna say, she sure has a specific type!

• Laugh 5

2 hours ago, SeanC said:

Katia deserves The Best!!  I need to go lie down now to recuperate from two shockeroos in skating "news":  Katia & Pelletiere and Alissa & Kurt. Geez laweeze.

3 hours ago, SeanC said:

Ilia and David only have one each, so they still aren’t on her level.

• Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She and Kurt Browning were an item for a little bit ... he doesn't have an OGM

I guess the five (?) world titles weren't enough. 😂

• Laugh 3

Wait Alissa Cziny (or whatever it is lol) and Kurt Browning are dating? Wow, that has to be quite the age difference.

• Surprise 2

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait Alissa Cziny (or whatever it is lol) and Kurt Browning are dating? Wow, that has to be quite the age difference.

22 years. She was less than a year old when he went to his first Olympics. 😳

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

The only news these days seems to be music selection. On Ice Perspectives posted a video clip of Mariah’s new short program to Lady Gaga’s Chromatica album. Her free program music is Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell. 

I highly recommend following On Ice Perspectives on either Instagram or YouTube. They posted a clip of Lu/Mitrofanov’s new free a while back, complete with a triple salchow/Euler/triple salchow combination.

• Like 3

That is appalling and inexcusable.  I don’t see how any of this could be defensible.  Even if he says, “it was taken out of context.”

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Six months? GTFO. There's no amount of "education" that will redeem this louse.

That was my reaction, too.  How about a permanent, irrevocable ban?  That would actually be the correct punishment.  Six months is nothing.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Six months? GTFO. There's no amount of "education" that will redeem this louse.

What a creep. He came across during his competitive years as such a nice guy in addition to being one of the great stylish skaters. I was always pulling for him. Damn. What's with these lowlifes? Six months? He should be o.u.t. of skating completely.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Some insight into why Miner was suspended:

Whatever that link was to won't load for me. I guess it got deleted. Is there a brief explanation of what was said in regards to what he did?

• Like 3

In the absolute craziest off season news yet. Aljiona Savchenko has teamed up with TJ and will compete for the US. She has been released from Germany. Yes, TJ Nyman, the same skater who’s been accused of sexual assault. And he’s 21. She’ll never get citizenship to compete for the US in an Olympic Games anytime in case anyone was wondering. 

• Surprise 10

43 minutes ago, healthnut said:

In the absolute craziest off season news yet. Aljiona Savchenko has teamed up with TJ and will compete for the US. She has been released from Germany. Yes, TJ Nyman, the same skater who’s been accused of sexual assault. And he’s 21. She’ll never get citizenship to compete for the US in an Olympic Games anytime in case anyone was wondering. 

Noooo! I had so much respect for Aljona. Now that’s gone. Why would she do this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, healthnut said:

Wait.  What date is it?

5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

And in Day of Our Skating Partners, Bruno unfollowed Aljona on instagram.

Whoa.  That’s serious.  Are we to assume it’s because of serious accusations against her new partner?  I certainly hope that’s the reason and not something more personal.  I don’t know much about Massot and what kind of guy he is.