Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

OriginalCyn
  • Start Topic

I know I’m not the only one who thinks every time Deanna and Nathan go out to perform “Deanna is a damn STAR—don’t mess this up for her, Nathan!” I really love that she expresses every last emotion, and you are NOT in doubt about how she thinks the performance went.

• Love 3

I didn’t see the Ice Dance from the other night but I recognise some of the names from the Olympics.  There are two Madisons.  Chock and Bates is the Asian girl / blond guy who fell at the Olympics, right?  I much preferred them over the other Madison.  They seem like a very wholesome and friendly pair.  The other “look at meeeeeeee” Madison and her smarmy boyfriend seem like they are not very nice.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Chock and Bates is the Asian girl / blond guy who fell at the Olympics, right?

Yes, that's them.

This is only their second competition of the season, as they missed the first half due to Madison Chock having surgery over the summer.

I am very much NOT a fan of Hubble/Donahue.  They seem...sloppy to me.  I felt like there were other teams that were crisper in their movements.  But Ice Dancing is supposed to be notoriously political, and I guess they are the "Chosen Ones" for this next quad.  But who ever thought the US would dominate in ice dancing and not singles?

The USA pairs final was pretty bad.  I wonder if the ice was too hard/too soft?  So many people have been crying this US Championships. I'm becoming immune to it. But it was great to see Cain/LeDuc win after that catastrophic fall they had a couple of months ago. 

Now I'm off to watch the european ice dancers.  I'm definitely ready to stop hearing tango music after this season. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Theother“lookatmeeeeeeee”    Madison and her smarmy boyfriend seem like they are not very nice.

This is Hubbell & Donahue.

They don't like it when other teams get better scores. Nasty looks, & very obvious outrage is apparent on their faces. A not so charming team if they're not winning.

• Love 13

I was definitely rolling my eyes when Tara and Johnny went on about how the Knierims could challenge internationally if the could just land their side by side jumps and fix all their other errors. That’s nice, but since they consistently cannot and have shown no consistency, it’s bascally a completely fictional distinction. EVERY couple could challenge internationally if they could do everything well. I’m happy that Cain and LeDuc won with a beautiful and clean skate. Denney and Frazier are beautiful, but you shouldn’t be able to win Nationals with such big technical errors. And honestly, I’m glad the Knierims didn’t take it this year. I’m in favor any day of sending a proficient if not gorgeous team to Worlds over a team that potentially could be stunning but makes you feel like you should buy a lotto ticket if they actually hit. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, displayname said:

There is zero artistic emotion in Chen's skating. They are giving him good packaging, but it's not helping him open up in the slightest. He has dance training, but he's not a dancer.

I thought he purposefully held back on the playfulness of the program today, probably to avoid technical mistakes. The early exhibition and other versions of Caravan (Skate America?) were demonstrably more jubilant and expressive. In the face and in the arm movements. I also think the untailored vest worked better with the off-kilter theme than the new Vera Wang.

I'm sure someone will eventually post a side-by-side video of Caravan for comparison.  

2 hours ago, displayname said:

Zhou needs work on his jumps, and I just don't see it happening for him.

I was wondering why he didn't get called on the first jump and Scott Hamilton mentioned today that technical judges only get one camera angle for analysis. That would explain a lot.  Ice Desk (around 14:20, beginning has a chat with Alysa.)

• Love 2

Tatiana never fails to surprise me. This woman doesn't care what comes out of her mouth. She called Kolyada and Nikita failures and wants them both replaced. Replaced by who? 

Carmen needs to die. Literally, I don't want to hear that music again. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

A-fucking-men!

It's just not a good thing. Sofia Samodurova finished SIXTH at Russian Nationals, yet just won Europeans, because the entire Russian podium hasn't experienced cramps yet and are ineligible. The ISU can enforce an age limit for World's, Euro's, 4CC and the Grand Prix, but different county's championships are not under the ISU rules, so even if the USFSA grows balls and enforces an age limit, we KNOW Russia won't. 

Russian Nationals have the the juniors and seniors compete together in one event and I wish they had medals for each rather than fighting for one title.

3 hours ago, Darknight said:

Can anyone please explain to me why it is appropriate to tell the whole world that 13 yo Alyssa Liu was born via surrogate and egg donation. Shouldn't this be private for the sake of the developing 13 year old. There is no need to promote information like this. What does this have to do with her skating? Now everyone keeps mentioning it. Especially  USA fed. Ugh. Do people understand she has friends and goes to school. Maybe she didn't want that shared. 

I adore Jason. I love seeing him grow. I can watch him over any quads any day. 

I hope Alyssa’s dad isn’t going to be Danny Kwan 2.0.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, halopub said:

thought he purposefully held back on the playfulness of the program today, probably to avoid technical mistakes. The early exhibition and other versions of Caravan (Skate America?) were demonstrably more jubilant and expressive. In the face and in the arm movements.

Maybe, maybe not. He does usually perform better in more relaxed environments, which is what skate America and exhibitions are. There was just a musical disconnect here.

Anyway, I've never particularly thought performance or musicality was his strong suit. His dance training allows him to create good pictures, and when that fails it is just jumps.

Edited by displayname
20 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

This is Hubbell & Donahue.

They don't like it when other teams get better scores. Nasty looks, & very obvious outrage is apparent on their faces. A not so charming team if they're not winning.

I would love it if C/B beat them!

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I was definitely rolling my eyes when Tara and Johnny went on about how the Knierims could challenge internationally if the could just land their side by side jumps and fix all their other errors. That’s nice, but since they consistently cannot and have shown no consistency, it’s bascally a completely fictional distinction. EVERY couple could challenge internationally if they could do everything well.

I disagree there.  The Knierims' element quality, when properly executed, is top notch, on par with anything that the best foreign teams are doing.  That's different from a team like Cain/LeDuc, who are more of solid middle-tier even when they go clean.

This is especially the case with the twist, the element that really sets the Knierims apart from other North American teams (other than the up-and-coming Brasseur/Bardei from Canada).

4 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I disagree there.  The Knierims' element quality, when properly executed, is top notch, on par with anything that the best foreign teams are doing.  That's different from a team like Cain/LeDuc, who are more of solid middle-tier even when they go clean.

This is especially the case with the twist, the element that really sets the Knierims apart from other North American teams (other than the up-and-coming Brasseur/Bardei from Canada).

"when properly executed" being the key phrase here! That rarely happens. Just thinking back on all the years the Kneirems have competed at Senior level, I can see Scimeca's sad face, a sign of nerves and/or a sign of having just screwed up.  At the Olympics, after the pairs event, they talked about starting a family and I was overjoyed, thinking it was retirement from competitive skating time. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Meno and Sand were the won 3 medals in Worlds, 2 bronze and a silver;  which is far and away the best any US pair in the past 30 years.  They also were US champs 3 times.  They were more consistent than any other US pair of their era,

And they only paired up in 1992 and were national champions in 1994!  They were my favorites when I was a kid!

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, SeanC said:

You need an explosive twist to break into the top level of pairs.  The Knierims are the team that have it and could break through; unfortunately, they struggle with the mental aspect and putting all the elements together when it counts.  It is very frustrating to watch them knowing what they could be and how it could help the U.S. pairs field in general with more spots for Worlds.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, IdleBrook said:

It is very frustrating to watch them knowing what they could be and how it could help the U.S. pairs field in general with more spots for Worlds.

On that point, at least, there's better news, since I think Cain/LeDuc have a very good chance of finishing in the top ten.  You've got the three Russian teams, two Chinese teams, James/Cipres, Della Monica/Guarise, and Moore-Towers/Marinaro who are probable fits for the top ten.  That's eight spots there, two more open for various other contenders, and Cain/LeDuc have a solid track record this season, better than others jockeying for them.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I didn’t see the Ice Dance from the other night but I recognise some of the names from the Olympics.  There are two Madisons.  Chock and Bates is the Asian girl / blond guy who fell at the Olympics, right?  I much preferred them over the other Madison.  They seem like a very wholesome and friendly pair.  The other “look at meeeeeeee” Madison and her smarmy boyfriend seem like they are not very nice.

"Look at meeeeeee" Madison is a perfect nickname for Hubbell.

I remember rolling my eyes at Chock and Bates when NBC showed Evan's tepid clapping after the Shib Sibs won nationals for the first time. However, that was solid sportsmanship compared to H/D's reactions when another couple scores better than they do. 

I'm bummed for the Parsons (he fell on a twizzle), and I wonder if there is something wrong with the ice (or if Detroit is just cursed when it comes to figure skating events in general). I loved their "Bohemian Rhapsody" number.

Edited by sweeks
Even though I don't like H/D, I should spell their names correctly.
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, sweeks said:

"Look at meeeeeee" Madison is a perfect nickname for Hubble.

I remember rolling my eyes at Chock and Bates when NBC showed Evan's tepid clapping after the Shib Sibs won nationals for the first time. However, that was solid sportsmanship compared to H/D's reactions when another couple scores better than they do. 

I'm bummed for the Parsons (he fell on a twizzle), and I wonder if there is something wrong with the ice (or if Detroit is just cursed when it comes to figure skating events in general). I loved their "Bohemian Rhapsody" number.

47C37B50-ACFD-4D55-98F3-CFCC2C2891FB.jpeg

• Love 4

Manta/Johnson aren’t as smooth as the top teams, but that routine sure was fun.

A bit late of a comment, but I squee’d at Denney/Frazier using David Cook’s version of “Billie Jean” for the short dance.

I’m going to be sorely tested for the foreseeable future at the Hubbell/Donahue tongue baths.

ETA: Yikes, HartofDixie, that death glare from Madison!

Edited by Souris
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Souris said:

A bit late of a comment, but I squee’d at Denney/Frazier using David Cook’s version of “Billie Jean” for the short dance.

I’m going to be sorely tested for the foreseeable future at the Hubbell/Donahue tongue baths.

Manta/Johnson were delightful, and you can tell they were enjoying themselves and really connecting with the music.

Madison Chock's glare and Evan's sad clapping still crack me up.

• Love 1

I never really associated “fun” with Chock/Bates, but that routine was FUN! And that lift was awesome.

H/D seem a bit mature to be doing Romeo and Juliet. At least the subject matter forced them to tone down the sex sneers. They’re always so overwrought though. That first bit, yeesh.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Souris said:

I never really associated “fun” with Chock/Bates, but that routine was FUN! And that lift was awesome.

H/D seem a bit mature to be doing Romeo and Juliet. At least the subject matter forced them to tone down the sex sneers.

Chock and Bates had a very fun routine, and the pieces of music went together very well. It is so much better than their "Imagine" routine last year. They also seemed to have a blast with it. I look forward to seeing it at Worlds. 

As for H/B's Romeo and Juliet, I was so relieved that Madison couldn't do her forced "come hither" face that I almost (but not entirely) forgave it for having all of that dialogue. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Souris said:

2016 Nationals!

2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I am very much NOT a fan of Hubble/Donahue.  They seem...sloppy to me.  I felt like there were other teams that were crisper in their movements.  But Ice Dancing is supposed to be notoriously political, and I guess they are the "Chosen Ones" for this next quad.  But who ever thought the US would dominate in ice dancing and not singles?

Too soon to tell if they are the chosen ones. Last quad we had 3 teams win National titles. 

• Love 2

Add me to the chorus of loving this new, fun incarnation of Chock and Bates. 

This was one of the most fun Nationals ice dancing competitions to watch! There were so many legit contenders ready to step in if one of the big name teams made a mistake! Like, all of the top 7 teams were fun to watch in their own way! I ain’t even mad Hubbell and Donohue won by a ridiculous margin! 

This field is as much an embarrassment of riches for the US as the pairs field is not.

• Love 5

Catching up on some of the early ladies free skates I missed last night. Hanna Harrell was intriguing. But I’m totally over skaters throwing their arms over their head on every jump. I know it’s harder, yadda yadda, but I’m over it.

• Love 9

I thought he purposefully held back on the playfulness of the program today, probably to avoid technical mistakes. The early exhibitionand other versions of Caravan (Skate America?) were demonstrably more jubilant and expressive.

Thank goodness he held back.  I liked it better than that overly flamboyant version that ended up looking ... silly.  The earlier version simply didn't fit his personality IMHO.  

Can anyone please explain to me why it is appropriate to tell the whole world that 13 yo Alyssa Liu was born via surrogate and egg donation. Shouldn't this be private for the sake of the developing 13 year old. There is no need to promote information like this. What does this have to do with her skating? Now everyone keeps mentioning it. Especially  USA fed. Ugh. Do people understand she has friends and goes to school. Maybe she didn't want that shared. 

Well, it's pretty normal for the media to ask about the makeup of one's family when it comes to athletes as usually everyone has to make sacrifices to support the athlete--one parent and skater moving to another state, working three jobs, driving back and forth to skating rinks etc.  I wouldn't worry about her in school--first, she is probably home-schooled; second, she lives in California where anything goes family-wise.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
tightened up explanation!
  • Love 1

Chock and Bates redeemed themselves in the sportsmanship department when they showed up at the Olympic Team Event to sit with, and cheer on their teammates, despite not being chosen to participate (the Shibs did both the short dance and the free in the Team Event).  Hubbell and Donahue were the only members of Team USA that didn't show up for either night of the team event to show support. My guess is that they were pissed, and felt entitled to skate over the Shibs, being that they had just won Nationals. The Shibs, however, were the defending World silver medalists at the time. So, it was a judgment call. And they couldn't BOTH skate. If I remember correctly, they could only use two different competitors in the short and long programs, in TWO of the four disciplines, and Team USA decided to go with Mirai and Bradie in the Ladies, and Adam and Nathan in the Men's. That meant that the pairs and ice dance had to use the same competitors for both. So, the Knerims and Shibs both skated twice.  Plus, Donahue had made some not so nice comments after being beaten by the Shibs. It was clear that they had (or have) a shitty, almost bullying, attitude toward them. 

Man, you could just feel the smug coming off Madison Hubbell after they posted those scores. Lordy.  They were very good, but I was hoping that somehow, Chock and Bates could pull off the upset. Not to be. And I'm so sick of hearing about Montreal. 

Oh, they did mention that Marina Zouva is moving her operation from Michigan to Florida? 

Andrea Joyce cut in during the final flight of pairs and revealed that Chris Knerim has a torn ligament in his wrist, and it's been torn since Germany. Made sense that the most glaring errors were lifts in the long, and not catching Alexa in the triple twist in the short. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Chock and Bates redeemed themselves in the sportsmanship department when they showed up at the Olympic Team Event to sit with, and cheer on their teammates, despite not being chosen to participate (the Shibs did both the short dance and the free in the Team Event).  Hubbell and Donahue were the only members of Team USA that didn't show up for either night of the team event to show support. My guess is that they were pissed, and felt entitled to skate over the Shibs, being that they had just won Nationals. The Shibs, however, were the defending World silver medalists at the time. So, it was a judgment call. And they couldn't BOTH skate. If I remember correctly, they could only use two different competitors in the short and long programs, in TWO of the four disciplines, and Team USA decided to go with Mirai and Bradie in the Ladies, and Adam and Nathan in the Men's. That meant that the pairs and ice dance had to use the same competitors for both. So, the Knerims and Shibs both skated twice.  Plus, Donahue had made some not so nice comments after being beaten by the Shibs. It was clear that they had (or have) a shitty, almost bullying, attitude toward them. 

Man, you could just feel the smug coming off Madison Hubbell after they posted those scores. Lordy.  They were very good, but I was hoping that somehow, Chock and Bates could pull off the upset. Not to be. And I'm so sick of hearing about Montreal.  

I was very impressed when Chock and Bates attended the team event. They seemed genuinely happy and supportive, and it was the second time they were at the Olympics and not competing in the team event (Meryl and Charlie skated twice in 2014, which was a good move, since they were the main reason the US ended up with a team medal that year). It was a gracious gesture (and a marked contrast to Hubbell and Donahue). 

I believe that Evan was also elected team captain of the 2018 figure skating team of the US, which speaks to his relationship with the other skaters.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SeanC said:

I see your point, and the comments make more sense to me now in that context. I do continue to believe that until they show any degree of consistency in execution, their ability to compete on an elite level is completely hypothetical. At the end of the day, if you can’t land your side by side jumps you’re not going to be competitive in an international field. 

I’m sure Hubbell and Donahue were technically very good, but I just can’t with all the frantic grabbing at air and theatrical facial expressions. They’re a beginner high school drama class on ice. I much preferred Chock and Bates’ comparatively low key but mature and uplifting program. I was happy to see the judges keep them so close to H/D after it seemed like they were getting some score deflation last season. I think their move to Vancouver paid off in that regard. And I can’t help it; I think their obvious adoration of each other is absolutely adorable. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Souris said:

Catching up on some of the early ladies free skates I missed last night. Hanna Harrell was intriguing. But I’m totally over skaters throwing their arms over their head on every jump. I know it’s harder, yadda yadda, but I’m over it.

I think there should be a limit. Sometimes it looks pretty sometimes it doesn't 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I’m sure Hubbell and Donahue were technically very good, but I just can’t with all the frantic grabbing at air and theatrical facial expressions. They’re a beginner high school drama class on ice. I much preferred Chock and Bates’ comparatively low key but mature and uplifting program. I was happy to see the judges keep them so close to H/D after it seemed like they were getting some score deflation last season. I think their move to Vancouver paid off in that regard. And I can’t help it; I think their obvious adoration of each other is absolutely adorable. 

This! I am generally not a fan of ice dancing because of all the "frantic grabbing" and "theatrical facial expressions" (this is why I don't really care for V&M--sacrilege, I know!). I could not believe that H/D's FS won over C/B's clever, sophisticated, subtle program with all those awesome lifts! Very disappointed. Hopefully C/B will take a medal at Worlds.

• Love 12

I was finally able to watch H/D and C/B free dances. H/D’s program reminds me of an Oscar bait movie. A big, dramatic feature that everyone says is a must sees but while it’s technically good, it’s also boring and cliche. 

I loved C/B’s program. It was entertaining, quirky and sharp. I wish they had a season of performances to fine tune the routine. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

So many people have been crying this US Championships. I'm becoming immune to it. 

Honestly, I really do think the crying after the LP or FD had become THE thing to do. At the O's last February, it had become so annoying because almost every female skater was bawling like a baby, taking forever to get up off the ice & take her bows so that the next skater could get on the  ice. Even Dick Button asked, "What's with all the crying?". I noticed at Nationals, the crying has cut way back, so some Powers That Be must've laid down the law, thank goodness. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, sweeks said:

I so enjoyed the Parsons, the Reynolds, and Manta/Johnson (what was up with their scores) FDs and then the top four came out and it was all over emoting and annoying music - even the Elvis medley with Fever, which is on the list of "can we never hear this again" for me - but Chock/Bates were tolerable. Hubbell & Donahue with that Romeo & Juliet noise - just take out the dialogue from the movie, it would make it so much better. I thought the ISU was about having happier programs this year and the top ice dance teams are chasing C/P by imitating them with the "romantic" faces and the flinging yourself around. 

I'm sorry I said bad things about Gracie's long program song - that article was devastating. 

I like Alysa Liu but her wailing crying after both programs was unsettling. Also, why didn't she just hop up the medal stands from the short side instead of Bradie and Mariah hauling her up and all of them potentially hurting their arms? I usually don't like programs like Mariah's but she won me over and her trying to cheer Raf up was funny. Starr Andrews needs a new team. They wouldn't let her skate to Black Panther and she never connected with the music she did get.

Got behind and I still have to catch up on pairs and men's. Euros catchup is a lost cause but I do like Fear/Gibson's RD as much as their FD so there is that.

Edited by ML89
wrong fact
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Darknight said:

Ok, Vera Wang why did you make Nathn look like a penguin? And why are Nathan and Jason's PC scores similar and close? Ugh. Skating politics. 

I am so glad to know it wasn't just me scratching my head at his costume!!! It didn't go with his program at all!

As you said it was very penguin like and then he was doing this energetic, almost tropical routine......a happy penguin dancing in warm sunshine maybe? Perhaps they were going for that?

I can't remember which skate but I think it was one of the first Grand Prix's where he had an appropriate costume for the program.

• Love 3

I watched both dance programs and I much preferred Chock and Bates over Hubbell and Donahue.  It seems many here really dislike Hubbell but although I dislike both of them I find myself hating the guy more.  He seems so smug.  They had this “yeah, of course we won,  everyone expected it, just another day at office” vibe.  But it was his “watch out Charlie and Meryl, we’re coming for you” comment that grated.  I bet he thinks he was joking but it just didn’t come across as a joke coming out of his sneering rat face.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ML89 said:

Starr Andrews needs a new team. They wouldn't let her skate to Black Panther and she never connected with the music she did get.

Everything about her FS was not good. The choreography, the costuming, the music. The music sounded like generic, wanna-be "African" elevator music.

• Love 11

The Euros men’s free skate was WILD. Congrats to the medalists for managing to stay upright the most! Heavy side eye, though, to Alexander Samarin’s PCS. That was not 8 points better than Matteo Rizzo.

Javi’s performance was nowhere near his best, but still admirable considering it’s been nearly a year since he last competed. Does anyone know why he came back for this last competition. Was it mainly to secure men’s spots for Spain at next year’s Euros? 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I watched both dance programs and I much preferred Chock and Bates over Hubbell and Donahue.  It seems many here really dislike Hubbell but although I dislike both of them I find myself hating the guy more.  He seems so smug.  They had this “yeah, of course we won,  everyone expected it, just another day at office” vibe.  But it was his “watch out Charlie and Meryl, we’re coming for you” comment that grated.  I bet he thinks he was joking but it just didn’t come across as a joke coming out of his sneering rat face.

I think training with Scott Moir brought out Zach Donahue’s most obnoxious qualities.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

When I saw Donahue make that comment last night, I thought, "After you've beaten V/M on a consistent basis and won an Olympic gold, then maybe you can talk."

15 minutes ago, honeywest said:

I think training with Scott Moir brought out Zach Donahue’s most obnoxious qualities.

I think H/D want to be the next V/M.  The routines, attempts at chemistry (which seem very forced and over the top IMO), and attitudes seem to indicate that H/D have decided to emulate V/M's playbook. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

Boy oh boy, those two (H&D) were in a great mood last night, esp after C/B came in second (things would've been dicey if it had gone the other way...darn it!) I only caught half of what Donahue said to Charley but I knew it was half joke/half for real (he's a legend in his own mind, ol' rat face).  H&D are nowhere near Davis & White, nowhere.  D/W did an incredible variety of dances (remember that Indian SD? I still watch it occasionally on youtube).  They didn't rely on so called smouldering numbers. They took lessons from an Indian dancer and read up on the history of that type of dancing.  Can't imagine H/D doing that.  OK...gonna watch the Men's LP at 3:30 to calm down ;>)

• Love 9

I know I'm going to sound catty in my next comment...

Could that dress Tara has on today hang any lower? I hope she's wearing some double sided tape or something so it doesn't roll down. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ML89 said:

Another dance question - how were so many teams in their FIRST competition together at Nationals? How did they qualify, does anyone know? 

I had never heard of Elicia and Stephen Reynolds before, but this is fascinating, both about the ways technology has changed figure skating and about how expensive it still is:

https://www.ice-dance.com/site/elicia-reynolds-stephen-reynolds-the-battle-to-boston/

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I know I'm going to sound catty in my next comment...

Could that dress Tara has on today hang any lower? I hope she's wearing some double sided tape or something so it doesn't roll down. 

She also looks cold.  It's so unnecessary to dress like that. 

Scott Hamilton looks like John Glenn.

1 minute ago, honeywest said:

NBC is actually making me dislike Nathan Chen the more Tara and et al talk about how fabulous he is.

I don't dislike him I just... are they serious? Is this the best the US and the world has? The best shouldn't be so utterly uninteresting. Figure skating is slowly dying. Or already dead.

• Love 3