Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: The Kinship

Julia and Big Jim make shocking discoveries that reveal a new threat within the Dome. Meanwhile, Christine urges the townspeople toward individuals and projects that remind them of their experience in the tunnels.
(edited)

Hold on -- per Big Jim's voiceover, the Dome has been testing everyone's personal demons.  Since when ?  If anything it has basically been a recreation of the plagues of the Old Testament day after day.

WTF was with Christine Price changing shirts at Junior's camp site ?  Was she trying to hypnotize Junior with her boobs ?  And I thought that the Agatha's island was much further offshore -- certainly not within binocular range of the mainland.

And all of a sudden, military guys come out of nowhere and black bag Big Jim.

Oh noooooessss -- Ava can't find GoPro in her dresser drawers.  What will she do ?  It really doesn't matter because Christine has the town by the balls and has taken over as HBIC.

Seriously, why is everyone living in tent city when very few homes were wrecked by the Dome contraction -- that makes no sense whatsoever.  Contrary to what Junior says, the Dome barely contracted 50 feet, there were very few houses destroyed  -- and how did Julia and Barbie rate a motel room ?

Tyler and Fivehead are hanging out by the lake -- at least they are all aware that they were staring at the moon, though no one knows why.  And Joe discovers Tyler and Fivehead kissing, and he's still pissed.

Is Christine coming on to Junior ?  Koo-koo-ka-choo Mrs. Robinson, uh, I mean Mrs. Price.

Big Jim wakes up confined in an isolation room -- and two guys in quarantine suits inject him with .... something.  I'm assuming these are the Aktion security guys that followed Don Barbara through the red door.

Yes Ava, the camera being stolen is a sign -- are we really back to interpreting signs from the Dome ?  Uggh.  Because that worked out so well with all the monarch nonsense

Sam is still counseling people -- because, why not -- and Christine is asking him about some background redshirt named Abbey deWitt, who everyone will forget about soon enough.

Hey, it's Frank Whaley, why did he sign on to this craptastic show ?  Of course, he's got to be evil working for Aktion.  And the Aktion guys have set up camp inside Agatha's house on the island -- why didn't Big Jim do that in the first place ?  And look at all the crap they have hauled into the Dome -- that house stocked with tons of lab equipment.

Was that pig on a spit supposed to be the pig that Fivehead killed last episode ?  Because the pig on the spit was twice as big as the one Fivehead killed.

All of sudden, one of the tents bursts into flames -- and after saving a child from the burning tent, some random guy yells that these tents are too close together.  And the rent is too damn high.  Turns out random guy is named Pete.

They're building dorms inside the town hall.  Really ? 

How does Big Jim know this Malick guy ? Big Jim has tested negative for changes from the contact with the Egg.  How and what exactly are they testing for ?

Interesting that the crops Barbie is talking about that were devastated by the caterpillar infestation look like corn stalks, but the caterpillars that he sprayed for were in fields of wheat. Do the writers not keep track of this shit ?

Meanwhile, Fivehead and Tyler are supposed to be helping with the Town Hall renovation and Tyler wants to go bang Fivehead in a closet somewhere.  Stay classy Tyler.

Sam goes to visit Abbey DeWitt -- someone who didn't show up for something or other, but she picks that exact moment to kick the chair out so she could hang herself.  But Same saves the day.  But she got drunk and stood on that chair for half a day -- I doubt that.  And where has Abbey been for the last two seasons ?  Seriously, she'll be dead by the end of the episode.

For some reason, Malick starts punching Big Jim.  And decides to start torturing Big Jim if he doesn't tell him about the Egg.  But Big Jim says he will take him to the Egg, and while Malick is releasing him Big Jim beats him up and pulls a knife on Malick.  While Big Jim tries to use Malick as a hostage, the other Aktion security guy shoots Malick in the heart -- and they let Big Jim go anyway and chase him.  WTF ?

Ava comes up with the grand plan to use cattle feed in some local farm silos to feed the Domers ?  I suppose you could, but it will kind of suck. I hope they have a lot of MSG or spices.  Does Barbie realize its fall ?  They won't be any new crops until next summer -- about 8 months from current show time.  Of course we get a crisis when Barbie nearly slides to his death off the top of the silo, but its only an excuse so that Ava and Barbie will get close up. 

Joe finds solar panels that survived the impact when they hit the Dome when the Dome was magnetized.  Uhh, I don't think so.  But Julia matches Christine's security card to the logo on the solar panels and ... ta-daa ... Christine is working for Aktion.

Pete and Junior have a pissing match over construction experience and load-bearing members -- and Junior fires Pete.  Since when are 2x6s load bearing.  Anyway, it's moot until Town Hall comes a tumbling down.  Which you know it will.

Tyler tries to buy Fivehead's romantic interest with chocolate, but it doesn't work out.

Abbey's all bummed that she won't get her kid back -- the kid of someone we've never seen before, and could care less about.

Barbie and Julia get in a fight over Julia dissing Christine, and Barbie seeing Ava.  And Barbie puts his fist through the wall right next to Julia's head.  You know, I really didn't really see Barbie as the wifebeater type, must be 'the Lifeforce' screwing with him.  And this drives Barbie right back into Ava's arms -- Ava's room is two doors down, but it changes from daytime to night in the time it takes to walk there.  Where did Ava get an early pregnancy test from ?  Does she carry them with her all the time ?  And Ava is genuinely sad and disappointed that she isn't pregnant from the VR world.  WTF ?

Sam climbs back into the bottle -- after being clean for a whole two weeks.  And then Abbey and Sam decide to bang -- because that's what you typically do after a suicide attempt.

Julia decides to move to Agatha Seagrave's island with Big Jim.  Where are all these boats coming from ?  Big Jim has one, Julia has one -- plus there's that powerboat that Big Jim used to kill Agatha by tossing her overboard.  As she gets to the island, she encounters Big Jim who proceeds to tell her about Aktion grabbing and testing him, so Julia shoots the Aktion security guard.  Because, why not ?  Big Jim was actually telling the truth for once.  And where's Big Jim's dog ?

Joe is all butthurt because Sam didn't meet him at the Sweetbriar Rose to ask for forgiveness -- well, in his defense, Sam was getting some strange so I think Joe will let it slide.  But its ok because Fivehead is back to her normal self and Joe finally gets some Fivehead lovin' -- good thing Joe has lots of condoms.

Christine takes Junior down to pod central, and smears some oxytocin goo from the pods on his lips -- and then she kisses him.  I knew it -- I wonder if the ghost of Drownsie is watching them bang in the tunnels.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 8
(edited)

Hold on -- per Big Jim's voiceover, the Dome has been testing everyone's personal demons.  Since when ?  If anything it has basically been a recreation of the plagues of the Old Testament day after day.

Is that what it is now?  Sure didn't feel like it when it was literally one disaster after another.

All of sudden, one of the tents bursts into flames -- and after saving a child from the burning tent, some random guy yells that these tents are too close together.  And the rent is too damn high.  Turns out random guy is named Pete.

So fire is suddenly a problem again, it sure wasn't when Junior burned a house down.

Yes Ava, the camera being stolen is a sign -- are we really back to interpreting signs from the Dome ?  Uggh.  Because that worked out so well with all the monarch nonsense

Yeah, it went nowhere for the 4 Hands or Julia's supposed specialness or anything.  It's even more aimless than usual this season.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Well, it's only been three weeks. . . 

This show has flipped into "so bad it's good" territory for me. When Christine made her move on Junior, I was hoping she would be revealed as a vampire. Close!

• Love 3
(edited)

I also figured out how scenes are set up on this show - people meet, argument happens, person runs off .

I suspect the writers have done something similar with the writing.

This season reminds me of what happened in The Following S3, it got boring, they took out most of the ott elements and tried to bog it down with side plots, introduced new bland characters, etc.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Well, it's only been three weeks. . . 

This show has flipped into "so bad it's good" territory for me. When Christine made her move on Junior, I was hoping she would be revealed as a vampire. Close!

Of course not.  She's actually The Lawnmower Man  (movie version, not story version) by the looks of that digital reflection.

(edited)

O_o <-- My reaction to tonight's episode. I only saw part of it, but what I did see was... really strange. Everyone all of a sudden getting horny and jumping one another. Woah. It seems as if the alien like beings need to reproduce and fast.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
somehow accidentally double posted
  • Love 3

must be 'the Lifeforce' screwing with him.

The Lifeforce plot device is just awful and not the funk kind too.  It's just plain stupid and have characters do some ooc things which already happened in the previous seasons either way.

As for the episode, it's just getting duller.  Huge mistake to try and separate the characters into their own boring subplots imo: we got the pointless Norrie/Joe/Tyler love melodrama, then we also have another one with Barbie/Julia/Ava, then a really boring one with Sam/some suicidal girl, Christine being a creepy cougar with Junior, and Jim who seems to be one of the few characters who's actually doing something nowadays.

O_o <-- My reaction to tonight's episode. I only saw part of it, but what I did see was... really strange. Everyone all of a sudden getting horny and jumping one another. Woah. It seems as if the alien like beings need to reproduce and fast.

That reminds me - since when is slamming someone into a wall a turn-on.

• Love 3

I kept wondering why people listened to Christine over people they actually knew their entire lives of Chester Mills then I remembered I was watching Under the Dome and noone ever does anything rational or reasonable.

Considering the daily allotment of disasters this town has endured I'm amazed that the people haven't started to distill their own liquor to numb the pain of tedium, dictator of the day/week syndrome. Fight clubs are nonsensical compared to the more standard forms of coping strategies, drugs, sex and chocolate... Mmmm chocolate.

• Love 6

Considering the daily allotment of disasters this town has endured I'm amazed that the people haven't started to distill their own liquor to numb the pain of tedium, dictator of the day/week syndrome.

Because it doesn't affect them at all or even remember it at this point.

• Love 1
That reminds me - since when is slamming someone into a wall a turn-on.

I can only think of the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are actually trying to kill each other, and they destroy their house in the process.  And then bang afterwards.

• Love 1

Abbey's all bummed that she won't get her kid back -- the kid of someone we've never seen before, and could care less about.

To be honest . . . other than Joe, Norrie, Julia, and, surprisingly, Big Jim, I could care less about the characters we do already know.

• Love 1

I can only think of the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are actually trying to kill each other, and they destroy their house in the process.  And then bang afterwards.

I guess, but that was more ott assassins who were on equal terms, that and they were trying to kill each other, whereas here it's just pointless melodrama and lifeforce bs.

• Love 2

So the scientist and a bunch of soldiers came thru the red door/root cellar portal that enters the dome via the lake? They followed Dad Barbie, I guess?and they brought with them a fully equipped lab and testing supplies? And they would have had to do it, like, yesterday. And no one noticed?

And while we're here, what exactly is this test the scientist guy ran on what I assume was Big Jim' s blood to determine if he'd been affected by the egg. Is it a test to determine if the blood contains purple and pink sparkles?

Where is the egg? Didn't Jim drop it down the chasm in the cave? The one that was linked to the playground in zenith (or whatever the name of that town was). It was last season so I'm not remembering things. Oh wait! Dad Barbie brought it back for Drownsie didn't he?

I'm overthinking this to get my mind off the final scene of Marg H. and Junior. Oh ew.

I miss the dog. Hope he's ok.

• Love 4
(edited)
So the scientist and a bunch of soldiers came thru the red door/root cellar portal that enters the dome via the lake? They followed Dad Barbie, I guess?and they brought with them a fully equipped lab and testing supplies? And they would have had to do it, like, yesterday. And no one noticed?

Basically yes -- even though Big Jim and Julia spent some time by the lake checking out Dad Barbie's corpse -- AND -- Barbie spent a lot of time digging two graves at the spot on the shore nearest the entrance to the Dome via the Red Door, nobody noticed anything.  Plus, the soldiers would have had to send through an inflatable boat of some sort in order to transport all that material to the island -- and nobody noticed any boats on the lake. And they would have had to send everything through in containers that floated -- otherwise it all would have sunk straight to the bottom of the lake. It's all just fucking ridiculous is what it is.

Where is the egg? Didn't Jim drop it down the chasm in the cave? The one that was linked to the playground in zenith (or whatever the name of that town was). It was last season so I'm not remembering things. Oh wait! Dad Barbie brought it back for Drownsie didn't he?

Drownsie killed Dad Barbie and then put the egg on top of Christine's pod in the tunnels and then Big Jim smashed the egg to pieces.  Someone (presumably Drownsie) put one of the pieces of egg on the window sill of Christine's motel room for Christine, who then used that Egg piece to power up her knife that she used to kill Drownsie with and then used to get everyone to stare at the moon.  Maybe ?

And while we're here, what exactly is this test the scientist guy ran on what I assume was Big Jim' s blood to determine if he'd been affected by the egg. Is it a test to determine if the blood contains purple and pink sparkles?

Plus yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds and purple horseshoes.  That's right -- Dr. Frank Whaley was testing for the presence of Lucky Charms in Big Jim's blood. </snark>

ETA: I wonder if Dr. Frank Whaley and the Aktion security guys are aware that there is no currently available way out of the Dome.  Since the exit bottomless hole closed up with a floor full of pointy rock formations that DJ Sheriff Phil impaled himself on.  I wonder -- did anyone ever go get Phil's body and give him a proper burial ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6
(edited)

Considering the daily allotment of disasters this town has endured I'm amazed that the people haven't started to distill their own liquor to numb the pain of tedium, dictator of the day/week syndrome. Fight clubs are nonsensical compared to the more standard forms of coping strategies, drugs, sex and chocolate... Mmmm chocolate.

IKR? Although I think that these people have had an action packed three weeks. I would think any kind of tranquilizer would be at a premium right now. It's bad enough to be trapped under a dome but you can't even take a few hours and chill out because there is a new disaster/life threatening emergency happening every damn day.

The latest contrivance to move the plot along has to be tent city outside of Christine's lair (formerly the town hall). I know that supposedly some houses were destroyed when the dome moved a few feet inwards but since half the town was gone for that parade (remember that?), then there have to be plenty of empty houses and apartments. (Hey, Andrea's is available! Might need a bit of a clean-up.)

That last scene with Jr. and Christine. Wow. It went from gross, with Christine spreading that disgusting goo on Jr's lips, to laugh out loud funny as Christine got her cougar on. I actually got a praying mantis vibe off of Christine and I really hope I'm wrong because despite his being a manipulated wimp, I don't want to see Jr. get his head bitten off after Marg has finished having her way with him.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 2

ottoDbusdriver that is a hilarious summation. All I can add is "It's only been three weeks!" and that ghost of Drownsie was probably watching and doing a little, slow David Lynchian shimmy in that nightgown.

Oh yeah. Now that Fivehead is back to her normal self- hating everyone and complaining, does this mean the bangs go?

• Love 1

IKR? These people have had an action packed three weeks. I would think any kind of tranquilizer would be at a premium right now. It's bad enough to be trapped under a dome but you can't even take a few hours and chill out because there is a new disaster/life threatening emergency happening every damn day.

The latest contrivance to move the plot along has to be tent city outside of Christine's lair (formerly the town hall). I know that supposedly some houses were destroyed when the dome moved a few feet inwards but since half the town was gone for that parade (remember that?), then there have to be plenty of empty houses and apartments. (Hey, Andrea's is available! Might need a bit of a clean-up.)

That last scene with Jr. and Christine. Wow. It went from gross, with Christine spreading that disgusting goo on Jr's lips, to laugh out loud funny as Christine got her cougar on. I actually got a praying mantis vibe off of Christine and I really hope I'm wrong because despite his being a manipulated wimp, I don't want to see Jr. get his head bitten off after Marg has finished having her way with him.

Well put! Yea it did seem that way. I don't think it's the REAL her. We saw that weird alien like creature in the reflection. That's the clones real selves. They aren't human.

• Love 1
All I can add is "It's only been three weeks!" and that ghost of Drownsie was probably watching and doing a little, slow David Lynchian shimmy in that nightgown.

Nice.  And to top it off in Lynchian style, Dennis Hopper shows up in the tunnel, takes a hit off a tank of Weirdness Dioxide that he's carrying, and decides to join in with Junior and Christine, and starts yelling Mommy.   </BlueVelvet>

So, when they did decide to give Dean Norris the honors of doing the voiceover?  I'm pretty sure Mike Vogel's done it since the beginning.  Maybe they asked him to say a few more words, and he was simply done with that shit.  Don't blame him.  I'm sure in Norris case, they were like "Want an extra check?" and he was like "Hell yeah!"  Anyway, my biggest unintentional laugh from the previews this time was Jim's dramatic line about their biggest enemy and it cuts to Ava and just stays there, before it finally moves to Christine.  But it was just long enough for me to be all "Sheesh, no need to be racist, Big Jim.  Just because she's the only minority in your main cast, doesn't mean she's your enemy, asshole!"

Sadly, for the most part, I just found this boring instead of amusing entertaining.  I guess the theme is that everyone is acting up now that they've been out of their cocoons.  But all of it is so stupid.  Norrie starts out getting hot and heavy with Hunter, but now she suddenly wants Joe again, and they are already getting ready to bust out one of his many condoms (too much information there, Joe.)  Then, you've got Sam going back to his alcoholic ways and hooking up with some women I give no shits about.  And then there is the stupid Barbie drama, where he clearly can't get over Ava, so he's just being a dick to Julia, and even punching walls out near her head.  Why?  I don't know.  And I don't care.

But then the ending arrives.  After spending the entire episode being flirty with him, Christine apparently has some big plan to regain control which includes.... sexing Junior in the cocoon room.  Yep, that's happening!  I can't believe I just typed that.  Now, this is the Under the Dome I hate to love!

Evil organization captures Jim and tries to find out where the egg is (including Frank Whaley randomly showing up as the doctor), but he escapes and is now on the run with Julia.  This is where we are at, folks.  Chester's Mills greatest hope is now Big Jim and Julia.  Wow, could things get any worse?

But my favorite part?  That Junior's little construction rival is none other then Andrew J. West a.k.a. Gareth the Cannibal from The Walking Dead!  Hilarious.  And I am totally on Team Gareth!  I want him to still be a cannibal and start attempting to roast all the Chester's Mill folks.  It would probably take them a couple of days to even figure out what he is up too.

• Love 7
(edited)
So, when they did decide to give Dean Norris the honors of doing the voiceover?  I'm pretty sure Mike Vogel's done it since the beginning.  Maybe they asked him to say a few more words, and he was simply done with that shit.  Don't blame him.  I'm sure in Norris case, they were like "Want an extra check?" and he was like "Hell yeah!"

Rachelle Lefevre did it in the first season then Mike Vogel took over for season 2. Now it's Dean Norris's turn. If this show makes it to a 4th season. I'm guessing either Colin Ford (Joe) or Alexander Koch (Jr.) is up next in the rotation.

ETA: I'm sure that extra paycheck is why the actors are taking turns. I really believe at this point that the actors are sticking with this disaster for two reasons:

1. A steady paycheck

2. They signed a contract

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 1
(edited)

One thing--among many-- that I don't get is if the idea of this episode was about aliens, or whatever is controlling the townsfolk, are trying to reproduce. That really makes little sense since the humans don't have enough food to survive. There are competing interests. Do you want more under the dome or fewer under the dome?

Unless, they give birth to aliens and then the human "parents" become the food?

There's two different baby scenarios played out, Suicidal Glugglug got her kid taken from her, Outside of the Dome. Then Escaped Convict, Murderin' Sam, the Guidance Counselor jumps off the wagon and on top of her because, the time was so right, right?

And, Ava thought she was pregnant. But, isn't. So, you know Barbie is gonna try and knock her up. Because their one year of imaginary love  that took place in a day or two was just that powerful.

Also...

When Christine showed up jogging towards Camping Junior, that was as ridiculous and predictable as Construction Foreman Junior clashing with the guy who had 5 years of construction experience. When Christine shed her shirt because she was too sweaty, asked for some Junior Wear and Junior provided a long sleeve shirt, which see gleefully wore before tossing her shed shirt and then jogging off, I was like, what's the point of teasing? It was just the two of them down by the lake. She should have cougared up and jumped his bones then.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 2
But my favorite part?  That Junior's little construction rival is none other then Andrew J. West a.k.a. Gareth the Cannibal from The Walking Dead!  Hilarious.  And I am totally on Team Gareth!  I want him to still be a cannibal and start attempting to roast all the Chester's Mill folks.  It would probably take them a couple of days to even figure out what he is up too.

Well, it would solve Pete/Gareth's food problems --  everyone else is slowly starving to death and Pete/Gareth is putting on weight.  And it would probably taste a lot better than ground up fermented cattle feed.

• Love 1

Sadly, for the most part, I just found this boring instead of amusing entertaining.  I guess the theme is that everyone is acting up now that they've been out of their cocoons.  But all of it is so stupid.  Norrie starts out getting hot and heavy with Hunter, but now she suddenly wants Joe again, and they are already getting ready to bust out one of his many condoms (too much information there, Joe.)  Then, you've got Sam going back to his alcoholic ways and hooking up with some women I give no shits about.  And then there is the stupid Barbie drama, where he clearly can't get over Ava, so he's just being a dick to Julia, and even punching walls out near her head.  Why?  I don't know.  And I don't care.

That's exactly why it doesn't work, it's just characters doing stupid things only under the guise of a 'lifeforce' nonsense and then apparently Norrie becomes 'normal' somehow.

(edited)

What a stellar episode ! So many highlights !

Julia with the stealthiest rowboat escape ever.

Joe needing 2 people to remind him that his much beloved sister was killed 2 weeks ago, so he's still allowed to have "issues."

Julia shooting the guy chasing Big Jim then turning around and running away with a barely audible "Dammit." Followed by Big Jim doing a hilarious double take, shrugging and running off.

Norrie: I hate everybody !      Joe: That's the real you !  

Julia's brain came online for a few minutes, then disengaged when Barbie was around.

Christine's mid-jog change of clothing, and later practically eating Junior's face. 

Frank Whaley !  (Although him signing on here makes me doubt how big Brett's brain really is.) 

Edited to add The kid trapped in a burning tent.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 8

But my favorite part?  That Junior's little construction rival is none other then Andrew J. West a.k.a. Gareth the Cannibal from The Walking Dead!  Hilarious.  And I am totally on Team Gareth!  I want him to still be a cannibal and start attempting to roast all the Chester's Mill folks.  It would probably take them a couple of days to even figure out what he is up too.

Yes! I thought the same thing. It was nice to see that magnificent bastard again. I couldn't figure out if he was going to be a good guy, bad guy, or victim. We first see him saving a little boy from dying in a fire. That's pretty good. Then he douches out and makes comments about Christine's ass. So I thought he was bad. Then he fought with Jr. and it made me think that he will end up being a victim of Christine's plotting. I do just want him to start eating some of the more useless characters.

Can we talk about how upsetting that Christine/Jr. sex scene was? We basically saw Jr. get molested. He is already, arguably, never in his right mind. For that reason alone, I'm not sure that he is emotionally stable enough to consent to have sex. You add in alien mind control goo and an elaborate behavior mod simulation and there is no way he could have consented to that sex with Christine. He even looked spaced out! I don't like this. They didn't need to have this at all. No one wants to see Marg Helgenberger (sp) sexing on that boy as he stares off, crazier than a crazy thing. Also, his mother died again, like two days ago. If we have to keep hearing about Angie, patron saint of plucky blond girls, why hasn't Jr. been crying all over town about his mom?

• Love 6
If we have to keep hearing about Angie, patron saint of plucky blond girls, why hasn't Jr. been crying all over town about his mom?

Junior doesn't seem bent out of shape about the fact that Drownsie is dead either, and they were kissing only a couple of days ago in showtime.

• Love 2

Of ALL the stupid ridiculousness in this show, it was the logo bit that stopped me in my tracks. I had to pause and rant at the cat, and even he was like "yeah, it's the same logo, obvs." Although for him, the significant lingering shots of the design were what really gave it away.

For a better perspective, Junior was first shown in bed with his then-girlfriend right before she dumped him. He's immature and cah-razy but he's not a kid, kid (His girlfriend though, she looked like a kid, kid). Then he kidnapped her and held her hostage for (days? a week?) How long did that happen? I thought it was weeks that he had her down there. But, no she was locked up and ended up getting killed in what? Two weeks or less? Yikes.

Anyway, regardless of chronology, for the show to have an older, creepy woman (or alien woman) seduce Junior isn't as shocking as how Junior himself was introduced in the show. At least the Space Cougar used lube!

• Love 1
Didn't she also get shot in the chest/shoulder area a week or two ago, show time? And then also almost freeze to death after crashing in an ambulance a few days ago?

That would be yes to both questions.   But due to the power of the Dome's super healing, she's just fine.

In addition, remember that Big Jim was shot in the left shoulder (by Junior) and stabbed in the foot (by Julia) less than two days ago in show time and both wounds went essentially untreated, yet Big Jim was running away from the Aktion security guys and wrestled with one security guy and he showed no sign of being injured at all.

While the goo in the cocoons appears to have healed everyone else's injuries -- Junior's gunshot wound to the shoulder and Hunter's vision -- neither Big Jim nor Julia were in the cocoons.

he didn't just hide the camera in a fuse box, he wired it in to recharge.

I wondered about that and haven't had the energy to go back and look at that scene again. But if he did, in fact, do this, wire the camera to recharge, that stands as one of the most sane things a character has ever done on this show. Forget for a second whether one could actually recharge a camera this way, Big Jim actually took something that needed electricity and put it in the vicinity of electricity. He didn't shoot it or put it back in the drawer and pull it out later mysteriously fully charged. He didn't throw it into the chasm so somebody in zenith could recharge it and then retrieve it from the lake fully charged and mysteriously dry.  He didn't have the town build a giant windmill to harness the energy of something for some reason. He didn't ask Joe to tape it to the dome for magic. And he didn't invoke the power of the egg. Egg help me, I almost *liked* Big Jim this episode. I am worried about the dog, though.

• Love 6
he didn't just hide the camera in a fuse box, he wired it in to recharge.

I wondered about that and haven't had the energy to go back and look at that scene again.

Took a look and Big Jim simply placed the GoPro camera in the electrical box behind some wires for safe keeping -- since it was no longer working.

• Love 1

I think Marg's plan is to convert all the men in Chester's Mill one creepy seduction at a time.  The whole thing is an alien experiment to see if a lone cougar can conquer a town single-handed.  If successful, Marg clones will be placed in every city on Earth.

Took a look and Big Jim simply placed the GoPro camera in the electrical box behind some wires for safe keeping -- since it was no longer working.

Still I think the fact that he didn't shoot at it or destroy it shows great character growth. And it will probably be magically charged up next time we see it.

• Love 2

I think Marg's plan is to convert all the men in Chester's Mill one creepy seduction at a time.  The whole thing is an alien experiment to see if a lone cougar can conquer a town single-handed.  If successful, Marg clones will be placed in every city on Earth.

O_o Damn. That would be creepy.

I wonder why the goo that fixed Hunter's vision and Jr's bullet wound couldn't smooth out some of Marg's botox.

• Love 1