Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

The first WonderCon@Home panel below includes Deric A. Hughes (former Arrow writer) and the second WonderCon@Home panel below includes Elysia Rotaru (former Arrow actor)...

Inside the Writer Room: The Show Must Go On - Surviving the Room In The Age Of COVID | WC@Home 2021
Comic-Con International    Mar 27, 2021

Justice Society: World War II | WonderCon@Home 2021
Comic-Con International    Mar 27, 2021

Pic of JS:WWII panel:
Justice-Society-WWII-Panel-Feature.jpg?w 
(source of panel pic and below quote)

... Rotaru knew many others had their voiceprint on Black Canary and recalled voice director Wes Gleason wanted to keep this iteration modern but still honor the era.
Though it is obviously altered in post-production, Black Canary’s trademark sonic screams are performed by Rotaru, who pulled out all her theater experience in manipulating her diaphragm for those scenes.

Edited by tv echo

As previously posted, SDCC this year will once again be a virtual event in July, but it will be followed by a smaller, live, in-person event in November - SDCC has now posted the November dates...

COMIC-CON ANNOUNCES DATES FOR NOVEMBER CONVENTION
https://www.comic-con.org/cci/

San Diego – San Diego Comic Convention today announced dates for their November convention. Comic-Con Special Edition will be held as a three-day event over Thanksgiving weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, November 26-28, 2021 at the San Diego Convention Center. It is our hope that by Fall conditions will permit larger public gatherings.

Updated:

• COMIC-CON @HOME 2021, July 23-25, 2021 (Streaming Virtual Event)
  • SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON: SPECIAL EDITION, November 26-28, 2021 (Live Event in San Diego, CA)
Edited by tv echo
(edited)
On 3/31/2021 at 8:45 AM, tv echo said:

In response to a fan's question about this book...

DC Comics' description of the contents of this book:
https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/green-arrow-80-years-of-the-emerald-archer-the-deluxe-edition 

Green Arrow celebrates 80 years of adventure with this new hardcover collection of his greatest tales! These era-spanning stories include Oliver Queen’s first appearance from 1941, along with the legendary anti-drug “Snowbirds Don’t Fly” by Dennis O’Neil and Neal Adams. Plus, the opening chapter of Mike Grell’s storied “The Longbow Hunters,” a pivotal Justice League adventure starring second Green Arrow Connor Hawke, an untold tale from the hero’s TV adventures, and much more. Collects More Fun Comics #73, Adventure Comics #246 and #259, Green Lantern #85 and #86, Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #1, Green Arrow #100-101 (1994), JLA #8-9, Green Arrow #1, #17, and #75 (2001), Green Arrow and Black Canary #4, Secret Origins #4 (2014), Arrow: Season 2.5 #1, and Green Arrow: Rebirth #1.

So DC Comics' celebration of 80 years of the Green Arrow includes the TV-verse, including Arrow characters like Felicity and Diggle.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Does anyone know what the deleted thread about SA said? I keep seeing references to it but no details. 

Basically that he was demanding on set, rude to the crew, and a diva. Pretty much the same stuff that has been circulating in the rumor mill for years and that he's tacitly admitted himself in Rosenbaum's podcasts. There was also a post about how he yelled at KC for showing up on set not knowing her lines.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Basically that he was demanding on set, rude to the crew, and a diva. Pretty much the same stuff that has been circulating in the rumor mill for years and that he's tacitly admitted himself in Rosenbaum's podcasts. There was also a post about how he yelled at KC for showing up on set not knowing her lines.

Thank you! 

It was all deleted by the time I looked but from what I could see it was basically the same sort of stuff we've heard for years. There was also something that wasn't the main explosion that agreed many of the "lead actor who all the crew hates" BIs was him. He has admitted to basically being a jerk on set or a "perfectionist" not that that makes being rude or nasty any better. I think he probably is very, very difficult to work with a lot but he also defended himself saying he was trying to get things to run on time so they could all get some rest instead of messing around as well. 

KC admitted that she "called him out" for being an asshole and that they clashed, although I can't imagine him taking that well as she claimed. 

I think he's one of those people who if he gets on with you, he's great but if he doesn't it's a nightmare. 

• Love 1

I ventured into Canadagraph's YouTube page (a terrifying place!) because he posted the screenshots in his latest video. There were a couple that were deleted before he could grab them about SA yelling at someone for messing up their lines, and there seemed to be some debate about whether it was KC for being unprepared or Rila F for having issues with English. 

The Twitter thread seemed to be focused on season 1 & 2, which he's already admitted was when he was too intense on set. (Though I remember a blooper in season 7 from a prison scene where he sounded super testy, so I wonder how much he actually mellowed with the crew...)

Capture.thumb.PNG.a2e65e83f0b787ad8b266c4c9171722f.PNG

8 hours ago, Trisha said:

I ventured into Canadagraph's YouTube page (a terrifying place!) because he posted the screenshots in his latest video. There were a couple that were deleted before he could grab them about SA yelling at someone for messing up their lines, and there seemed to be some debate about whether it was KC for being unprepared or Rila F for having issues with English. 

I don't know how that speculation about Rila F came up, but I assumed the post was referring to KC, because before it got deleted, there was a reply to it  from a KC fan asking if SA had anything to do with "what happened to Laurel". Plus, it fits in the previous rumors about how SA and KC would scream at each other on set.

SA was notorious for being disliked by the crew, but I don't really remember that many stories about him not getting along with cast or guest stars. The only exceptions were the stories about him and KC and then later, WH (spread by her mother of all people). 

• Love 1

In this April 13 interview, KC mentioned the end of Arrow, her divorce, going into COVID seclusion, and dating again (guy broke up with her). She mostly talked about her NFT nude portrait series ("ME. SHE. WE."), and empowering women to love themselves. She also talked about having a "personal, private persona" and a "public persona," and learning to love and embrace them both. She also said that she's been working with a "basketball player" (not identified) on his NFT piece. She said that she never wants to touch paper money again. She said that bitcoin/crypto currency is the wave of the future. Btw, she's a brunette again in the video, but her hair's still short....

Direct link to her CherryChat video interview:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnuF_CJ9OR/

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Stomp Out Bullying's 3rd Annual Culture Shock Event, April 21, 2021
https://www.stompoutbullying.org/national-culture-week 

The Culture Week 2021 panel includes:
Logan Browning (Actress, "Dear White People") Moderator. Panelists include:  Katherine McNamara (Actress, currently stars in the CW’s “Arrow” as ‘Mia Smoak (aka Blackstar)’), Michaela Jaé Rodriquez (Actress, "Pose"), Jordan Fisher (Actor and singer "To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You” & “Work It”, soon to be on The CW’s “The Flash"), Hudson Yang (Actor, "Fresh Off The Boat", upcoming “The Ray”)

Virtual panel: Actors come together to help Stomp Out Bullying
April 20, 2021
https://abc30.com/stomp-out-bullying-culture-shock-event-live-stream-students/10513143/

NEW YORK -- Young actors are coming together virtually for an important cause: to help put an end to bullying.

More than 90,000 schools worldwide will participate and stream the third annual Culture Shock event on Wednesday at 1 p.m. ET | noon CT | 10 a.m. PT.

Panelists will discuss their personal experiences and offer advice on what to do if students witness bullying.

The actors will give advice to students on how to overcome feelings of bullying or not feeling included. They will also touch on the overall consequence of bullying both in society and on an individual.

Edited by tv echo

KM mostly talked about doing narration (with Wil Wheaton) for the audiobook of Vicarious by Rhett C. Bruno...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live with Rhett C. Bruno - April 23rd
Golden Warrior    Apr 23, 2021

I watched GalaxyCon's April 25th LoT panel with former Arrow actors, Brandon Routh and Neal McDonough, plus Courtney Ford and Matt Letscher. They mostly talked about stuff they've talked about in previous con panels, like their best memories from the LoT set, what superpower they'd want, which other role they'd want to play, their last day on the LoT set, etc. As in previous cons, NM contrasted working on the darker Arrow with the lighter LoT, was complimentary to SA, but you could tell that he had a lot more fun working on LoT. The only thing new to me was ML, who apparently is a huge fan of Caity Lotz and thought that she should try for the next "James Bond" role. You can watch video of this panel for free by registering with an email address here (they'll email you the video link)...
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/16/apr-25-legends

Also, a fan posted video of his 1-on-1 chat with BR:
My Virtual GalaxyCon Video Chat with Brandon Routh (25th April 2021)
Seb Sandford   Apr 26, 2021

ETA: I also watched GalaxyCon's April 25th Firefly panel with former Arrow actor, Summer Glau. Of course, they talked mostly about Firefly. You can watch video of this panel for free by registering with an email address here (they'll email you the video link):
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/16/apr-25-firefly 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Mike Dopud played Viktor (high-ranking member of Bratva) in six episodes of Season 5 of Arrow - I haven't watched this video yet because it's so long...

Hathor Hosts TV with Suanne Braun and special guest Mike Dopud (Season Two, Episode 3)
Hathor Hosts TV   Streamed live Apr 28, 2021

Maya* has done video interviews with several former Arrow cast and crew members. Her goal is to get interviews with all of the Arrow cast members. I only transcribed a few comments from each interview, although I think that the interviews are worth watching in their entirety (interviews are posted below from newest to oldest)...

(* Maya is an 18-year-old metastasized brain tumor survivor. She hosts her own pop culture show at Seacrest Studios in Children's Hospital of Colorado.)

Ben Lewis Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Apr 24, 2021

-- BL said that he never watched Arrow before being cast as adult William, but he's always been a big Greg Berlanti fan and he had auditioned multiple times for Arrow without being cast. He did not know that he was auditioning for adult William and was given fake sides. Once he was cast, he had to play catch-up and watch past Arrow seasons.

-- Maya showed off her Arrow necklace, which she got from Amazon before starting radiation, and she hasn't taken it off since then. She binge-watched Arrow during quarantine and became a huge Arrow fan. She cried at the series finale of Arrow.

-- Regarding the Arrow cliffhanger of adult William being kidnapped and the network's decision not to go forward with Green Arrow & the Canaries, BL: "Who knows, you know, because there's so much crossover with these shows? Like, you know, I've heard people talking about potentially on Legends of Tomorrow, there might be an opportunity to sort of like wrap that up or, you know, figure out sort of - show the audience sort of what happened to William and Mia. But, I don't know, we'll see."

-- On upcoming projects, BL said that he's written two full-length feature films that he's "hoping to direct." (He had previously done short films and music videos.) But he cautioned that there's a lot that has to be done in order for a film to go forward.

Juliana Harkavy Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Apr 17, 2021

-- JH said that she loved playing Dinah Drake on Arrow, who she thought was a "flawed" hero and therefore "relatable." She said that Dinah had a temper and made mistakes.

-- Maya's Arrow necklace says, "You have failed this city."

Blake Neely Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Apr 17, 2021

-- BN talked about how he wrote the Arrow suite theme music and Oliver Queen’s theme music.

-- Maya: "In Arrow, I love Oliver, but like the, um, superhero to me is Felicity. She is just, like -"
BN: "Oh, isn't she great? ... Did Greg tell you that she was supposed to be on just one episode?"
Maya: "No."
BN: "Yeah. She was just supposed to be there fixing his laptop on one episode and - and she did so great and everyone loved her so much that she became this regular character."
Maya: "Oh, cool. Yeah, I'm so happy that she became a regular character."

Audrey Marie Anderson Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Apr 15, 2021

-- On her favorite part of working on a superhero show and joining the Arrowverse, AMA said that that was a "loaded question" because it started off as one thing and "morphed" into something else. She never expected them to keep her character on Arrow the entire time. She said that it wasn’t part of the “initial proposal.” Her character, Lyla, debuted at the end of the first season. The producer called her because they had worked together on something else and asked if she wanted to be on Arrow. She said, sure, and shot two or three small scenes with DR. The producer thought she and DR were great together. So they kept writing to bring her back. Then it slowly developed into this “mega universe.” By the end of the series, she got to wear a superhero outfit.

-- AMA really liked Lyla's relationship with Diggle and thought it was "really sweet" and "familial."

-- Maya said Arrow's female characters are characters that she looks up to and that they are some of her inspirations, like Lyla and Felicity. AMA agreed and thought that was true for a lot of young people, when it comes to female characters in the Arrowverse.

Colin Donnell Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Apr 10, 2021

-- Maya said that Tommy Merlyn was her favorite character and that Arrow's Season 1 finale "broke [her] heart."

-- CD said that it was the "biggest treat" for him that Arrow kept bringing him back over the next seven years. He said that he acquired a "whole family of friends" from that show.

-- Maya showed off her Arrow necklace, which she bought a couple months ago when she wasn't having the best day, and she hasn't taken it off since then. The necklace is inscribed, "You have failed this city." Maya's mother thinks that anyone who hasn't seen Arrow will think this necklace has the worst motivational saying ever.

-- On which character he relates to the most, CD said that he's definitely not Tommy, who was a billionaire playboy. However, he hopes that he brings some of his humanity to every character he plays, even the bad ones.

Manu Bennett Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Mar 5, 2021

-- On his favorite part of working on a superhero show, MB said that Arrow was his first overseas job and that he had to fly to Vancouver, Canada, and live in a different culture. He said it was "pretty cool" to play Deathstroke and to put on the "iconic" costume for the first time.

-- Maya said that Arrow is one of those shows that she watches when she has "a ton of anxiety." Because it's a show that you have to concentrate on, it helps her to get out of her head and not think about anything else. MB agreed that Arrow is "pure escapism."

-- On whether he could relate to Slade Wilson, MB said, yes, because he also went through a "battle" in his life and had to "work on survival." He liked Slade's getting over mirakuru and then reconnecting with Oliver. He said that he was initially "vocal" about the darkness that Slade had to go through on the show as opposed to in the comic book. In the end, he was only concerned about showing someone overcoming adversity. He said that struggle is a part of life.

Paul Blackthorne Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Jan 15, 2021

-- Maya said that she's "completely obsessed" with Arrow. She said that she's been binge-watching Arrow.

-- On his favorite part of playing Quentin Lance, PB said that Quentin was a "layered" character, who started off as adversarial to the Arrow.

David Ramsey Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Nov 15, 2020

-- Arrow is one of Maya's favorite shows, so she was very excited to interview DR. 

-- On being part of Arrow, DR: "What I liked most about it... was going to work every day with Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards and, um, Echo Kellum, and all the other actors on the show, Katie Cassidy and Rick Gonzalez... It was such a great show, um, of people and their chemistry. Right? We all just got along and we all just worked really well together. And, um, so that was really, you know, the best part. We had a lot of fun on set. Just every day was a fun day going to work."

-- DR said that his favorite Arrow episode was in Season 6 when Diggle and Oliver had a fight. He said that it was a great episode because these two characters were just like brothers. The scene was originally supposed to be this great, choreographed, martial arts fight. But SA and DR said, no, their characters were brothers, so their fight would just be putting each other in headlocks and rolling around on the ground, like two brothers.

-- DR said that directing two episodes of Arrow wasn't as difficult as you might expect because a lot of it was prep.

-- DR said that Diggle is probably his favorite role that he's played. Because Arrow lasted eight years, he really got to "sink [his] teeth" into the character.

-- DR said that, because he's now directing, he's watching another superhero show as a director, from a technical standpoint.

-- DR said that, as an older actor, he tries to remain disciplined. He said that when you play the same role for a long time, there's a tendency, for example, to act angry, as opposed to acting in the moment. So he remembers that his work, like Arrow, is now done "for posterity" and that he wants to be able to look back on it as work that he's proud to have done. 

Greg Berlanti Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Nov 15, 2020

-- GB said that the Flash was his favorite superhero when he was a kid. Even now, he still has a "soft spot" for the Flash because he was "just a regular guy who got struck by a bolt of lightning." GB likes the Flash's "regular guy-ness" and his "heart."

-- On casting, GB said that he rarely writes a role with someone already in mind. Usually, he'll have a "voice" in his mind and then he will see someone come in to audition - like a Stephen Amell or a Grant Gustin - and he can "hear" that person perform that role. Then he'll "die on the hill" to get that person cast for that role.

-- GB mentioned the new Green Lantern series among his upcoming projects.

Josh Segarra Interview
Pop Star Extraordinaire Maya   Feb 17, 2020

-- I think this interview was done before Maya had binge-watched Arrow, so her questions were mainly about JS' other work (like The Moodys Christmas, AJ and the Queen, and The Following). However, JS did bring up on his own his intense scene with SA as Oliver in shackles on Arrow within the context of a discussion about drama versus comedy.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Great interview with DN, but long (about 1-1/2 hours) - Arrow talk starts at around the 1:07:50 mark...

Hathor Hosts TV with Suanne Braun and special guest David Nykl (Season Two, Episode 4)
Hathor Hosts TV    Streamed live on May 5, 2021

-- DN debuted on Arrow in S2 as an unnamed Russian prisoner who is befriended by Oliver. 

-- DN wasn't sure that he wanted to audition for the role at first. But Arrow was in its second season and looked like it was going to go on for a while. Also, it was "at the top of the season" and he thought that they "might be casting around," which turned out to be the case. This prisoner turned out to have a background of being trained in the Russian mob, although he didn't know that at the time. 

-- DN's Arrow role started out as a 3 or 4 episode gig in Season 2. Then "the phone went dead in Season 3." Then the phone "rang again in Season 5" and almost every episode that season included flashbacks to what happened between Oliver and Anatoly. DN said that it was "great fun" to shoot those scenes with SA. He added that SA had a "hard gig" on that show because of everything he had to do (stunts + acting/lines).

-- DN said that Arrow was a hardworking set, from like 6am to 9pm, doing fights/stunts, and not as much "jokey-jokey," although he said that the set was "amiable... It wasn't a mean set. It was, 'get the job done, get the work done.'"

-- DN was not required to train for the Anatoly role, but he "took it upon himself" to train a little bit, because he was working opposite SA.

-- DN liked working with Dolph Lundgren and with Mike Dopud (who was on Hathor Hosts TV the previous week) on Arrow.

-- DN said that it was "nice to be able to tell that story full-fold" on Arrow and that Anatoly was kept around until the end of Season 7.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
(edited)

MG's replies about COIE resulted from an ongoing discussion thread regarding a media report that Tom Welling wants to reprise his role as Superman alongside Robert Pattinson's Batman in the DC film multiverse...

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Justin baldoni and Colton Haynes Instagram live | May 3 2021
Ibrahim Kadiku     May 3, 2021

Celebrating Moms Game Night!| Stars in the House, 5/6 @ 8 PM ET
Stars In the House    May 6, 2021

Game night with Camryn Manheim, Milo Manheim, Colin Donnell and Patti Murin

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Interview LAMONICA GARRETT - Arrow, Flash, Designated Survivor #ALISTERS Episode 3
AListProductions   May 6, 2021

-- When LMG auditioned for the Arrowverse, he thought the role was Val-Zod for a while. He saw some "big name guys" who he's been a long-time fan of, who were auditioning for the same role. When LMG got the part, he found out he was playing the Monitor. He didn't find out that he was playing the Anti-Monitor until about a month before he suited up as the Anti-Monitor.

-- When asked if the Monitor or Anti-Monitor could ever return to the Arrowverse, LMG: "You never know... In that world, you know, anything's possible. Are you dead, or are you just a little dead? ... Right after filming, I was on the Warner Bros. lot. I stopped by Geoff Johns' office. You know, chatted him up for a little bit. And he was like, 'yeah, man, you never know... The universe is small and it's big, so - and it's a multiverse. So, you know, we'll see.'"

-- When asked if there were any "cool" deleted scenes from the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover, LMG said that there was a scene with him as the Monitor and Harbinger, when she was hearing these voices in her head and trying to figure out what was going on. She was laying down in "her resting area" and the Monitor came in and had a "heart-to-heart" conversation with her. LMG said that it was a "good scene," but it was deleted because it "didn't really push the story" forward.

-- When asked if there were any other DC comic characters that he'd like to play, LMG said that he's a big Jon Stewart/Green Lantern fan. He also heard that Warner Bros. is looking for its next Superman, "a black Superman," and thought that that would be fun to do.

-- LMG said that he wanted to keep the Monitor outfit, "but that didn't happen." There were actually a couple copies of the Monitor outfit, but "they weren't budging." He did get Jim Lee's drawing of the Monitor with Gotham City in the background, which Jim Lee signed, put in a case, and sent to him.

-- When asked about upcoming projects, LMG is currently working on an Amazon series: "It's going to make a big splash when it comes out. I can't talk about it yet. They haven't announced me. But it's going to be a big deal, and it's fun... An incredible cast. And I'm just glad to be a part of it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Murtz Jaffer Interviews Katie Cassidy about NFTs
Murtz Jaffer   May 8, 2021

-- KC said that she's currently in Augusta, Georgia, shooting a movie, Agent Game. She said that this movie is "action-suspense... thrillerish." She said that the cast includes Mel Gibson and Dermot Mulroney.

-- KC's story about how she ended up doing the NFT nude self-portraits was a little TMI for me. She also said that these self-portraits are directed at art fans (not necessarily Arrow fans). She considers herself a "pioneer... in this space." She was even contacted by Mark Cuban.

-- KC said that her life is not what people have assumed (no trust fund, no inheritance) and that it's not been easy. She said that she's had to work really hard for everything she has. KC: "I will write a book at some point."

-- KC again mentioned that she did a TV show that killed her off and then brought her back: "So is life." She also mentioned her divorce.

-- KC praised her "amazing" trainer, who helped her a lot in 2019 and 2020.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

KC did another podcast interview, this time with Andy Wang (Inspired Money) - I only transcribed selected comments below...

How Katie Cassidy Is Selling NFT Art to Encourage Female Empowerment, Self-Love, Acceptance
Inspired Money    May 9, 2021

-- Per Andy Wang, KC is the "first celebrity to drop an NFT."

-- KC is a "third generation actor," but she wasn't raised by "that side of the family." KC said that she wasn't raised by her biological father (David Cassidy) and didn't meet him until she was in the second or third grade. Her stepfather is an ER doctor. However, she inherited the creative gene. She also met her half-brother later in life. When she met that side of the family, she realized that she wasn't "weird... just creative." KC said that she remembers breaking down a computer and building it back up rather quickly, so she has a tech side that "impressed" her stepfather. So she got a good balance of the tech/business side from her stepfather and the creative side from her bio dad. KC added, she loves that she's very much like her bio dad, even though she didn't meet him until later in life. 

-- KC said that she grew up doing theater in school (musicals, plays). She added that she played a female Baby Jesus. She started modeling for print ads at 14, but she was bored. She transitioned into professional acting at 15, when she did a commercial (getting her into SAG). One of her first guest star gigs was for the TV show, 7th Heaven. She mentioned getting into directing and directing an Arrow episode, and going through the Warner Bros. Directors Program. She wants to continue, acting, directing, writing and producing.

-- KC: "People think they know me, but, I'm telling you, they have no idea. Because - I get it. I come from a famous family. I'm third generation, have the last name 'Cassidy.' I guess you would assume I have a trust fund or an inheritance, and I don't... My parents said to me, you know what? If you're not going to go to college, that's fine. If you want to pursue acting. But we're not going to take care of you financially. So you're on your own. And at 17 - almost 18 - I was like, okay, watch this. So I ended up saving like - I don't know, like, 12 - 15 thousand dollars, um, from, you know, these modeling - little modeling things I had done and acting on, you know, 7th Heaven and a commercial. And so I was like, okay, I got myself a little apartment, um, and I moved out. And I figured it out on my own. And everything I have to this day I've built and earned on my own." KC said that she's "really proud" of herself. She added that her parents were supportive of her “either way.”

-- Because of covid during the past year, KC did not work for over a year. She said that she's also had financial issues.

-- KC said that, all her life, she's always "gravitated toward" strong, successful, and independent women.

-- KC was born and raised in Los Angeles.

-- KC did have to call her parents for help with food at one time (age 19?). She was "on the cusp" of bankruptcy, but her parents did help her. Then she got two episodes of Supernatural and there was the writers' strike, so she was okay.

-- When asked if having the last name 'Cassidy' made it easier for her at auditions or put more pressure on her, KC: "You would think it would be - it would make it easier, but no. It's like this... I would go into casting and, you know, it was like, oh, this is David Cassidy's daughter. Okay. Let's see. Let's see what she's going to do. It's almost like you have - they pay more attention and they are putting you under a microscope. And I remember feeling like - I think they thought it was gonna like - I wasn't gonna be good or - I don't know, I think they thought like, okay, let's see what she can do. And then I would, you know, go in the room and audition, and I think they were - well, I think some people were pleasantly surprised... Like, wow, oh, okay, she actually - she actually is an actor. Um, and then I started working."

-- KC said that she is most drawn to drama/action roles, even though she was "trained more in comedy." She loves strong female characters. She mentioned that she still playing video games (like Call of Duty).

-- When KC is on set, she tries to stay in character and block off everything else. So she doesn't find the cameras, lighting and crew distracting. She finds it more distracting if someone calls her by her real name and wants to talk to her as herself.

-- Within a short period of time, Arrow ended (wrapped in Nov. 2019), KC's two-year marriage ended (she filed for divorce in Jan. 2020), and then the covid pandemic shut everything down globally. She put herself on lockdown on Feb. 24, 2020. KC said that she was "forced to love" herself, because she "had no other choice." She learned how to be "with myself" and learned about herself. She had a spiritual healer and a therapist, who she worked with a lot. Both her "personal romantic life" and her professional life were in "a major transition." She spent a lot of time writing, painting and meditating. She learned to love herself. Then she met and started dating a guy who lived in her building. He was also going through a divorce. They dated for about a year. For Valentine's Day 2021, she gave him this project piece called "Love As Art'" - you get a canvas sent to you with colored paint, you and your partner have sex on this canvas, and then you can get painted canvas stretched out and hung on the wall as a piece of art. However, the guy broke up with KC two days later, so they never used this canvas. So KC had to "re-fall in love" with herself again and pick herself up again. It was then Women's History Month. So KC decided to use the canvas to "make love to" herself and have it photographed, and then be one of the first celebrities to drop an NFT this way as a portrait series called “ME. SHE. WE.” She described it as a way for women to empower themselves and love themselves. She's very proud of it.

-- KC said that she's going to have her own specific coin called the "Cassidy Coin," which her fans can use to purchase her NFTs. If they hold onto these coins for a certain length of time, they'll get interest, but she doesn't know yet in what form this interest will take. She gives credit to her ex-husband for telling her about bitcoins. She said that crypto currency is the "wave of the future." She doesn't want to touch paper bills because they're dirty and "disgusting." She was a germaphobe even before the pandemic.

-- When asked how she defines success, KC said that she thinks it's "internal." If you reach the goals that you set for yourself, then that's success, regardless of whether or not other people consider it a success.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

For Valentine's Day 2021, she gave him this project piece called "Love As Art'" - you get a canvas sent to you with colored paint, you and your partner have sex on this canvas, and then you can get painted canvas stretched out and hung on the wall as a piece of art. However, the guy broke up with KC two days later, so they never used this canvas. So KC had to "re-fall in love" with herself again and pick herself up again. It was then Women's History Month. So KC decided to use the canvas to "make love to" herself and have it photographed,

I'm sorry, I can't believe she told this story. I mean ... ok. 🤣

• LOL 1
(edited)

Recent con panel that included former Arrow actor, Summer Glau...

Firefly Full GalaxyCon Q&A
GalaxyCon     May 13, 2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

In this Legends & Leaders podcast, MediaVillage founder Jack Myers interviewed The CW's Chief Executive Officer Mark Pedowtiz...

Legends and Leaders - The CW’s Mark Pedowitz on Passion, Innovation and Advertising Success
MediaVillage   Jan 26, 2021

-- MP said that when he took over, The CW Network was so female-centric that their demographic was 70% female and 30% male, but now they are "the most balanced platform in the business" (now 51% female to 49% male). He said that they took a hard look at what The CW was back in 2011, 2012, and discovered that "their roots were tied to UPN and WB," and that "what worked for them were genre shows, superhero shows." MP then said, "Luckily Greg Berlanti came in, uh, with Marc Guggenheim and team, with Peter Roth, to deliver Arrow to us, which was no sure shot in those days, because in those days, when Arrow premiered, there was not one superhero show on any platform. Credit to everybody who built this huge universe to it. That said, we kept tweaking and we got lucky with Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Flash. ... But we continue to build out from that basis."

-- MP: "In terms of how we think at The CW, again, we're a broadcaster, but to everyone's credit, it took a good seven, eight, nine, ten years to build what the brand of The CW is, um, it became. We understood that we were genre-oriented, we were a serialized comedy or drama - doesn't really matter, heightened family relationships, heightened situations. Uh, that's where we have done the best. All American's probably the closest to a more reality-based show that's rooted and, I would say, based in the world that we live in. The politics of that world are heightened itself... So you look from that basis and - and then you look at what your ownership needs from the platform for those shows."

-- MP: "You look at your shows both on linear and a digital basis. ... Riverdale did not start off with any linear scheme to it. It was - it's first year on Netflix where it took off... All-American, same thing... So we look at our shows on how they perform on a - on a cross-platform basis over the course of a year. ... The 100 was never a linear success. The 100 was a massive digital success both for The CW and for Netflix. ... The toughest part going forward - and hopefully the HBO Max ownership of the shows going there in the newest shows will be better for us long term - is that we could never get Netflix to cross-market with. It wasn't what was going to happen. Now we hope that with HBO Max we can do that, coupled with the fact that our newer shows, we can - such as Batwoman, Nancy Drew, Stargirl, and the shows this coming season, we have the capability of an [unintelligible words]. And then we built out CW Seed with Rick Haskins and his digital team to act as a development place. And then we realized that if we added library product to it, we can get more girth, because they're - provided that the library product fit in with the elasticity of the brand."

-- As of April or May 2021, MP has been CEO of The CW Network for 10 years.

-- -MP: "Content creates hits. And hits create momentum and evolution of our business, because you can experiment when you have a hit. ... The innovation we were able to create for The CW came because of Arrow, Flash, Jane, and we built off of that. Because if you have shows that people want to be associated with, you can make evolution and technological changes in how you market those shows.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

https://giojournal.com/the-shape-of-things/ 

Q: You are one busy woman, Miss Katherine McNamara! Between your crazy filming schedule & flying around the world for photo shoots, how do you stay disciplined in your diet and exercise regime? After all, our body is a temple.
A: Why thank you, Mr. John Russo! I thrive on staying busy and proactive – that extends to my physical activity as well. Staying active and eating well fuels me in a way that allows me to keep up with my work hard/travel often lifestyle, so I have always been determined to find a way to make it work. It’s all about prioritizing time management. By taking the initiative to think ahead, I can find those little pockets of time to fit in a workout here and a grocery store trip there to stay on task. I was lucky enough to have an amazing trainer in the beginning of my fitness journey (who I still work with today remotely) who is so inventive and gets excited by the challenge of finding creative solutions for time and locational constraints for people who are motivated to stay in shape no matter where life takes them. This inspired the same motivation in me to do the same. In the end, I have learned that the more stamina I build and the more good quality fuel I give my body, the more I am able to continue pushing myself beyond my previously conceived physical or creative limits. 
Q: What is your physical activity of choice to stay in killer shape? Yes you can go there!! Lol
A: Well… since you said I can go there… 😉 ha ha Aside from the obvious, I actually keep quite a bit of variety in my fitness regimen. Switching it up not only keeps me entertained, but it keeps my body challenged and always working on something that feels “new.” Boxing and kickboxing have been favorites of mine for a while. I started training in them on SHADOWHUNTERS to use the skills for my on-screen fights, and then carried on in ARROW as my character was a cage fighter. I love how it blends strength and cardio so seamlessly in a way that still feels creative. It is truly a total body workout that will leave you oh so sore in the best way if you are out of practice. I also love this heated spin studio I go to here in Los Angeles. Again, it’s utterly exhausting but also such an exhilarating reset. You sweat so much and work so hard it clears the body, mind, and soul of anything that ails you. When I’m traveling, I do a good amount of HIIT as it can often be done with body weight and minimal equipment from anywhere. I also have taken to running outside – especially when I travel. It’s such a great way to explore a new environment and get lost in nature. Nothing clears my head and energizes my body more than running a trail without knowing where it leads, a good podcast or audiobook in my ears to accompany me on my adventure. 

Q: When you look back on your life, when do you think you were in the best shape? And why?
A: I think I was in the best shape of my life right as I was finishing ARROW and beginning to work on THE STAND. I had been heavily training for fights in SHADOWHUNTERS and ARROW for the better part of seven years and my body was an absolute machine. I kept it up during THE STAND as I was in the habit of it and my character liked to show a LOT of skin. There’s something that I just love about being in the zone of a workout schedule and knowing that you can take the time at the gym to do something good for yourself. My fitness is my “me time.” It fuels me, energizes me, resets me, and truly keeps me sane in the wonderful chaos of my demanding work and life schedule. 

Q: Which actress do you think has an insane body? May I also ask which actor??  Do tell…
A: There are so many actresses with insane bodies! I love that in the media now we are also seeing so many diverse types of beautiful bodies on screen. Everyone is built differently, there are as many body types as there are people, so I don’t believe there should be one standard ideal for what a body should look like. I actually used to be really insecure about my body because I’ve always been small and lithe. I never thought I could have any modicum of significant physical strength because of my small frame. However, I was soon proven wrong by my trainers who opened my eyes to the fact that it doesn’t matter what shape you have, if you train in a way that suits your body, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. For me and the way I’m built, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Renee Zellweger in CHICAGO have always been what I look to. They are so toned, you can see how strong they are as they execute those incredible show stopping numbers. As far as actors, I think there are many who do a great job of staying in shape. Given the fact that I’ve worked on a fair few projects where folks tend to keep fitness at the forefront of their minds, I could give you a whole list of folks who I admire – the SHADOWHUNTERS gents, ARROWverse heroes, and the MAZE RUNNER crew to name a few – for their dedication to fitness and health. We often even make it fun by training together as a team – no matter how exhausting the shooting schedule, you can commiserate, celebrate, and push each other together to keep exceeding physical goals. 
Q: From a career perspective what’s next for Katherine McNamara?
A: That’s always an interesting question in my line of work because you never really know exactly what is in store until it’s happening. It can be tricky to manage, but mostly I find the boundless possibilities exciting. This past year has required a bit more creativity than usual as at least seven projects were subject to an on and off holding and seemingly endless postponement due to the pandemic. Currently, THE STAND is still streaming on Paramount+ and UNTITLED HORROR MOVIE, the experimental horror-comedy we filmed remotely during the quarantine, premieres June 12th. Next, I’m starting to work on a few of the film projects that are re-emerging with the rest of the world and am so thankful to get back to work. Looking farther into the future… who knows. I would love to get back to television as I love building a work family and developing a world as we embark what is hopefully a years long journey together as a cast and crew. I also would love to dip my toe a bit deeper into the world of film and push the boundaries of the roles I have played thus far. Additionally, I would love to get back to the world of theater that started it all for me be it Broadway, the West End, or another locale and tread the boards once more. Performing live and sharing the story from start to finish night after night for a new audience is a thrill I dearly miss. I have been exploring the possibility of directing more seriously as well and seeing in what ways I can stretch my creative skills behind the camera as well. Overall, I am looking for projects that excite me, challenge me, push me to grow, and allow for a new creative experience and an interesting story to explore and share. I am a storyteller through and through – it’s what drives me to create, but also to travel and explore this wonderful world in which we live. After all, in order to tell stories, we have to live a few of our own, right?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mostly talk about how Beth got into the business...

Soup Switcher - Ep 3 Beth Schwartz
Gracefully Fed    Apr 2, 2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Katherine McNamara - Full Live Stream May 29, 2021 | Katherine McNamara -Instagram live May 29, 2021
Entertainment News   May 29, 2021

-- KM said that "tomorrow" (now today, May 30), she'll be joining Heroes of the Shadow World (virtual con). 

-- When asked if she missed being Mia on Arrow, KM: "Yeah, I do. I really loved playing Mia Smoak. Um, but listen, we all know how the Arrowverse works, so, you know, Mia's - Mia's not dead on a slab, so we never know what's going to happen in the future - or whatever timeline it is now. I can't even keep track!"

-- When asked what it was like working with Tom Ellis on the COIE crossover, KM: "I loved working with Tom. He was such a delight... And just the mastery with which he plays that the character and is just able to use every tool at his disposal, you can tell he's - he knows Lucifer in every way, shape and form... I respect that so much. He's wonderful, and just so kind and lovely."

-- When asked about her plans for the summer, KM said that she plans to visit with a lot of people that she hasn't been able to see in person for a while.

-- KM said that her natural hair color is "strawberry blonde, somewhere between this and the Clary red."

-- When asked for her favorite character from Arrow, KM: "That's tough. I don't think I could pick a favorite character, um, simply because I know the folks so much and - and each character is so attached to who the people are. Um, I have always loved Felicity, though. I mean, how can you not? 'Cause she's kickass and super smart. But I do - there will always be a special place in my heart for Ben Lewis as my brother William, because I thought his character had so much going on and we had so much fun building that relationship together. So shout out to Ben and I miss you, darling."

-- When asked how it was working with Stephen Amell, KM: "I loved working with Stephen. He was so welcoming and so wonderful and truly just, you know, instantly made me feel one of the family, instead of the new kid on the block, which I so appreciated. Um, he's also a total pro and such a joy to work with. So, I'd love to work with him again, too."

-- KM also answered some questions about Shadowhunters, Untitled Horror Movie, Kicking It, her personal faves right now in TV shows, songs, books and lipstick, her whiskey recommendations, and her favorite workout.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Panelists for this upcoming, virtual SDCC panel in July will include former Arrow actors, David Nykl and Rachel Luttrell...

Stargate Atlantis Cast Reunion Panel Announced for San Diego Comic-Con @ Home (Announcement)
Dial the Gate    May 27, 2021

Dial the Gate is privileged to announce that we are hosting an online Stargate Atlantis cast reunion panel at this year's San Diego Comic-Con@Home, to broadcast the weekend of July 23-25.

Cast members include David Hewlett, Torri Higginson, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Nykl and Robert Picardo. Appearances are subject to the actors' schedules.

Recording is currently scheduled to take place Friday June 4 at 12 Noon PST.  You have until then to submit your questions to the actors in the comments section below!

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
(edited)

JBam's 2020 director's demo reel includes many, many shots from Arrow (go to link to watch video), It also includes the following Arrow scenes in full...

• Hospital scene when FBI arrests Oliver and Team Arrow learns of his deal to get them pardons. ☹️
  • Olicity scene when Oliver says goodbye to his baby daughter and Felicity before leaving with the Monitor. 😭

James Bamford Director’s Reel 2020
https://jamesbamforddirector.com/

You can also watch this video at IMDb (faster download):
https://imdb.com/video/vi945208857

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Actress Katherine McNamara: Her Favorite Books & How Reading Shaped Her Life
Laurel the Librarian: Children's Librarian    Jun 1, 2021

Edited by tv echo