Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Hmm - now I'm curious what was behind the black redacted square on this script page...

I mean, if it's just a continuation of Oliver giving Barry a pep talk with his dying breath and reassuring him that he's the best most super special superhero, then I'm glad it was cut. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

It sounds like they considered bringing Samantha back to life in the series finale as well....

-- When asked for her thoughts about Arrow, Anna Hopkins: "Arrow - oh, um, getting to go to Vancouver to work. So fun. Um, love Stephen Amell. Such a good guy. Uh, almost came back for the finale. They asked for my availability, but it never happened. Samantha could have been there, you guys."

Anna Hopkins talks about For The Record on CBC Gem, The Expanse, Shadowhunters and much more!
Popternative   Dec 20, 2020

Edited by tv echo

I finally succumbed and registered with GalaxyCon in order to access its free virtual panels - here's my transcription of yesterday's Feb. 20th GalaxyCon's Arrow Virtual Experience panel - it's a good one...

And here's the video link, but you have to sign in to watch the video (only requires giving the email address you registered with; the panels are free, but you have to pay for individual chats):
https://galaxycon.com/pages/arrow-live-stream-0220?ml_subscriber=1626093504629315444&ml_subscriber_hash=e2d2&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=arrow_live_stream_confirmation&utm_term=2021-02-19

-- GalaxyCon moderator: Patty Hawkins. Panelists (in order of introduction): Anna Hopkins, Ben Lewis, Nick Tarabay, Michael Rowe, Amy Gumenick and Juliana Harkavy.

-- Mod PH asked how Arrow began for each of them, going chronologically, so he first asked MR, who first appeared on Arrow in Season 1.*
MR:
"Yeah, um, I heard about this new show, uh, Arrow. Didn't really know a whole lot about it. Got an opportunity to audition for what they told me was basically a military role. He was a soldier. Um, very little dialogue. They wanted me to put together a rifle and shoot somebody from a very long distance. So I went in there, did the - did the audition for this, uh, dude - I can't remember what his name was - Finn! F-I-N-N was his name in the script. And, um, got a callback. Did it for the director, uh, Guy Norman Bee - he was the director of episode 3. And, um, did the audition. He started laughing, I remember. And I was like, oh, shit, I think maybe I missed the mark on that one. He was like, no, that was just really intense, so - uh, do you have any tattoos? And I was like, that's a weird question. Nah, I don't have any tattoos. He was like, alright, good to meet you. See you later. And I went on to the lobby, and the only other person there for the callback was, um, this guy who's covered in tattoos. And I was like, dammit, I don't have tattoos. I'm not getting the role... Turns out, they wanted to do this angle where he tattooed the names of his victims on his body and I think they were looking for a clean slate. Maybe that was the one thing that got me the gig. I don't know. But I'm glad it did.... It'll be 10 years ago this summer that I had that audition." MR added that he didn't even know Arrow was a superhero show and that when he went on set, people were calling him Deadshot and not Finn. He then went on to read the Deadshot comics in order to research his character.
Mod PH: "Berlanti and Guggenheim, they did a very good job of - of taking the cores of these characters from the comics and then creating, uh, a live action television version, which, I know, some comic book fans get a little 'meee' about it. But, nah, it's a different medium, man... The spirit is correct in all of Arrow and that's all I look for. And again, you sold it."
MR: "I remember having a conversation with them about, you know, how they wanted to go a bit darker with the show. I think Smallville had just been on the air and it was a little more colorful and animated and stuff. And they wanted to go for a bit more of a darker tone. So, um, I made sure not to, uh, really do an impression of somebody else's version of the character."

(* MR's Deadshot debuted in 1x03-Lone Gunmen, which was the same episode in which EBR's Felicity Smoak debuted.)

-- Mod PH: "Anna, I believe you came on next, in Season 2."
AH:
"Yeah, Season 2, right. Um, well, I'm sure we all have somewhat similar stories in that we never really knew who we were auditioning for. Uh, that was a very tell-tale Arrow audition process... I remember, I think it was sort of the end of Season 1, I had taped for a bunch of different roles. And then a couple of months went by and they brought me in the room for something and it was a journalist. (Laughs) So I all like getting into the head of a journalist and, you know, just did that audition... And I was in a room with a bunch of people. I don't even remember who was in the room, but a lot of people. And then, uh, same thing. Like, alright, you're going to Vancouver. Um, your name is not Samantha - I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't that. And, uh, I think like the day before I was shooting, they were like, by the way, you had a child with Oliver Queen. I was like, what?! ... So I had sort of a day or something to like recalibrate. And we shot that first - I just had this one scene to do, um, with his mom... It was the flashback with the, um - with the million dollar check - maybe it was a million dollars... And I was like, so, what's this story about? And they're like, we're not gonna tell you where this is going. And then, you know, the next couple of years was just always like, alright, uh, are you available, you know, in two weeks? Can you come down to Vancouver? ... I was just kind of discovering this story throughout the seasons and, um, yeah, it's kinda fun, choose-your-own-adventure-like acting process Arrow, a little bit."
Mod PH then commented that BL's character began to evolve during this time, even though BL himself wasn't on the show yet.
AH: "There were definitely about 50% more availability checks than actually ending up working. So there is probably like a weird - even weirder storylines in there that just never really happened. Um, but that's what's kinda cool about this show. There's just a lot of material that they dropped on us."

-- Mod PH: "And Amy, popping in Season 3... What an interesting character."
AG:
"I didn't realize that we were all in the dark... I had initially auditioned actually for Laurel Lance in the pilot, um, which was, you know, years before I actually appeared on the show. But after that, they would bring me in pretty regularly for various roles here and there, um, and nothing really hit, but they kept bringing me in, which I was grateful for. And then I got - a little bit of time had passed and I got an audition for 'Redhead.' Um, and I remember looking at it and being like, well, I don't have red hair, so I'm not going to get it. I'm just going to go in and have fun. Um, and I walked into the audition - the waiting room and everyone - I was in this sea of like gorgeous redheads... Maybe they made a mistake, but I'm here, so I'll sign in. Um, and I remember going in and the sides were close to one of the scenes that we ended up filming, but I was given no context at all. Um, and even the breakdown - there wasn't a breakdown It was just 'Redhead.' And I finished the scene and I remember there was this like, kind of awkward vibe in the room. And you never know, as an actor, if you nailed it or were completely horrible and should just run out as quickly as possible. So I just kind of stood, let the silence last for a second. Um, and the showrunner at the time just kind of stared at me, His response was, you have crazy in your eyes... I was like, thank you? I don't know what that means. Um, and I remember leaving the room and getting to my car, and I called my husband and I was like, I have no idea what just happened, but it was really fun. Um, totally not expecting anything... I didn't have a callback. That one went straight to the producers since I had been in for the show so many times. Um, and they called me a few days later that, you know, I was being considered and when am I available... It wasn't until a few weeks after that, that I had sort of figured it wasn't going any further, uh, that they called and told me that I had booked the role. And still, at that point - I think, at that point, they told me that it was actually Cupid. Um, and I wasn't very familiar, I have to admit, with the comic books. So I quickly started researching. And when I saw the first drawing of Cupid, I had a mini meltdown. I was like, you made a mistake. This isn't - I don't look anything like this! ... It was so fun. I think, like Michael said, not knowing really the shoes I was stepping into, um, in a way was a gift, because I think I would've put a lot more pressure on myself to be the comic book Cupid... They were really great about sort of allowing me to, you know, obviously use the comic books as a guide, but really create my own Cupid. Um, and then they flew me out to Vancouver for like a wig fitting. I left in the morning, I tried on a bunch of wigs, and came home. It was the craziest - the whole thing was like very surreal. Um, and then I went back a few weeks later to film my first episode. So fun. It was really like the ultimate game of make believe. So, so fun."

-- Mod PH: "So Nick, the question on the table is, how was the casting process for you when you came on in, also in Season 4, episode 7, as Captain Boomerang?"
NT:
"Um, my audition process was a bit different, to be honest with you. I was, um - I went in for two different, uh, two other roles first. And it was almost done deal, but then the last minute, I think Berlanti had a... They're like, okay, it's good to go.  I think Berlanti was like, oh, no, no, no, I have someone else in mind. So it was like, this is done, we're going to do it, and then it last minute stops. But the way Captain Boomerang came about, I think, Guggenheim called me and he was like, um - he was like, so we have a role for you... Great... He was like, so you're going to be playing Captain Boomerang. And I'm like, great. Who's that? I have no idea who Captain Boomerang is or anything... And I felt bad asking him at that time, because he was so excited and I had no idea who this guy is. So I went, I called one of my buddies, who's really into comic books and stuff like that... Who's Captain Boomerang? ... And he's like, wait, why? ... Arrow wants me to play Captain Boomerang... What? You f**kin' kidding me? ... He started going on and on and on about Captain Boomerang. So I was like, oh, okay. So, yeah, it was fun. I really enjoyed it."
Mod PH: "I'm looking forward to seeing you in Stargirl as another villain, and we'll leave it at that."

-- Mod PH: "Juliana, you come on board in Season 5 and you're there for awhile."
JH: "Yeah, though the end."
Mod PH: "Technically, we could almost say you started with your role on Constantine as a different character."
JH: "Right, right. It was so - it was interesting how my - my journey on the Arrowverse started before I was on the Arrowverse, but I didn't realize it. I first heard about Arrow, um, because I was doing Walking Dead with Audrey Marie Anderson and Kirk Acevedo. We were in the same episode of Walking Dead, and they were like, yeah, we're on the show Arrow. So I checked it out because of them. And then we ended being on Arrow together. So that was a trip. And then we ended being on - I was cast on the show Constantine** before Constantine was a character on Legends of Tomorrow. So I got to work with Matt that way. So it was just - it was really kind of cool how everything came together. So when I - when I got the audition for Arrow, I had just moved back from Florida to L.A. and I think it was the second or third audition I went on. And, you know, as an actor, you know when - like that magic thing happens, when you get a role and you're just instantly like, you just know - it's you, and you're connected, and you - there's no other option. Which is such a nice feeling, 'cause for me, a lot of the times, [unintelligible words] ... all these questions. And I didn't feel that. So I went in, I did the audition, and it went great. And I remember coming out and looking at myself in the mirror of my car, and I just told myself, if you get a callback for this, you're gonna book it, and you have to be prepared for your life to change. And I'd never had that kind of confidence before as an actor. Um, and when I got the callback, I remember kind of like a sense of panic... gosh, I made this promise to myself and I'm committed. And so when I did the callback and again, um, kind of a transcendent - like, the moments you always wish for as an actor where you kind of go out of yourself and you're just fully there. There were a lot of people in the audition, but it just felt very safe and I felt very at home. Um, and then I just let it go for a few days. And then a few days later I was in the mall and I got a call and it was Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle and the whole team. And they just asked me, uh, first of all, would you like to move to Vancouver? And I hadn't even had my bags unpacked yet from moving back to L.A., but I was just like, yeah... And, um, then they said, and our next question is, would you like to be Dinah Drake, the Black Canary? And I had no idea. I thought I was auditioning for a vigilante. And when I looked up the character, I saw it was like this comic book character that started, you know, 50 - like, this iconic character which, like Amy said, I'm so glad I didn't know going in, because I would've been so scared."
Mod PH: "That character's history in comics is convoluted and that's the politest way I can put it."
JH: "Yeah, yeah... A crazy, crazy, uh, mythology and I'm so glad I didn't know about it. And then I was so glad and so grateful that that was what it was. So, yeah, that was the whole story and I stayed for the next four years and just never looked back. It was one of the best experiences of my life."

(** JH played the character of Sarah on episode 1x07-Blessed Are the Damned of the Constantine TV series in 2014.)

-- Mod PH: "And Ben, we finally come to you... The kid grows up."
BL:
"Yeah. Yeah, I mean, I was technically a latecomer to the show, but, um, like you said, the character sort of predated me or pre-existed, um, played by Jack Moore. And, uh, yeah, I - I - it's interesting. I had sort of a similar - I had auditioned for the show before as well. Um, but I didn't really necessarily see it as a show for me or that I could necessarily like picture myself on. Um, but it was interesting, when I got the audition for what I would later find out was William, um, it just said 'Gay Tech Billionaire.' And I was like, yeah, that's in my wheelhouse. I think maybe I could pull that off. Um, and then I went in and I had three auditions. And then they were doing the deal for like about three weeks. And then, um, when I finally got the call from Beth Schwartz, uh, that I - that I got the role and that everything had worked out, um, she sort of was explaining to me the flashforward storyline and, um, that I was going to be - the character was actually, um, William in the future. And I thought she was setting up to tell me that I was the new Green Arrow. And I swear to God, I was like shitting myself. I was like, oh. No. I was like, Beth, I'm going to stop you right now - like, literally stopped her mid-sentence. I was like, if you're about to tell me that I'm the new Green Arrow, I'm so sorry. I know we've been through like a lot here, but you've made a horrible mistake. And then she was like - she was like, no, no... you'll be like the Felicity character. And the new - the plan is... the new Green Arrow was going to be, um, my younger sister, uh, played by Kat McNamara. So, anyway, I was very relieved. Um, you know, new Felicity was way more in my wheelhouse, and I had such a time doing it for the last two seasons."

-- Fan Q: "Did you have to do any pre-production training for your roles?"
AH:
"Not for me."
BL: "Not for me either, thank God."
JH: "I did, yeah. I had a lot of stunt training. I had to learn how to use a bo staff. I was in there with the stunt team every week. And, uh, it really - it really forced me to get into great shape and feeling mentally and physically strong for the role, which I was really happy about. It actually got me to a place in my physical fitness I've wanted to be for years, but was just too lazy. So I had a lot of help."
AG: "I also did - not extensive training, but I definitely - I - I - they flew me out to Vancouver, um, about a week before I started filming and I worked with the stunt - or the - sorry, my dog is going crazy, if everyone can hear him. He has a lot to say about Arrow... But I worked with the archery experts on the show, who were so wonderful and so supportive. I had never picked up a bow in my life. Um, and now I own a bow and know how to, you know, shoot arrows. It's super fun. But I have to say, one of the things that I thought was the most interesting, in addition to like the physical training, was, they really emphasized the history of archery um, and my character in particular is the  - fun fact, the only female character in TV history who shoots in the way that she does. Um, it comes from an ancient Turkish method. Um, that was really neat, too, to like learn a little bit about the history and dive into kind of where she came from and why they chose that style of shooting, although I've since gone to an archery range just for fun and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy because I do it the way Cupid shoots."
MR: "Yeah, when I, um, - when I went to my last wardrobe fitting, the stunts team and in particular Bam Bam, the stunt choreographer, he said, I need you to go walk it through this big fight scene at the end of the episode. And, um, I said, yeah, no problem. We went out on some crash pads, me and Stephen Amell, and Bam and the stunt doubles. They're like, alright, you know, we're going to have to do one take where you do the full fight, we're going to have to do one take against Stephen, one take where you do it against Stephen's stunt double, and then Steve's going to do one with your stunt double, and then the two stunt doubles are going to do one. So we're all there. I think I lied on my resume and said I was a kickboxer. Um, but I grew up with four brothers, so I had like, you know, a history of fighting, whether I wanted to or not. And I remember I was wearing really skinny pants that day. And the first move they got me to do, I ripped the ass out of my jeans and, um, I just literally like flappin' in the wind almost like the whole leg off pants and worked like an hour and a half like that. And everyone was very kind. Nobody mentioned it at all... We got all of the footage. And then luckily I have some friends who are professional fighters, so then I took the choreography to them. I was like, can you clean up my technique? Because I think they think I'm like - that I got a lot of fighting experience. And they did and it turned out pretty good."
NT (on whether he did any training for the Captain Boomerang role): "No. No, no, no. But I've done a lot of training for other shows and I'm a pretty physical guy, so I really didn't need to. So it's all good."

-- Fan Q: "What advice would you give to your character?"
BL: "I feel like I would advise William to get a better security detail, because like... I mean, he's kidnapped way too many times for one lifetime. I mean, some might say, like, you know, get him in a self-defense class, but I'm too lazy, so I would just bulk up the security detail."
AH: "I would say... get William into a self-defense class way earlier. Like, why didn't we do that? Why didn't we do that after the first kidnapping?"
BL: "Seriously. You'd think you'd learn, but -"
Mod PH then quipped that superheroes' kids are "there to be kidnapped, that's their function," when they're little kids, and that then when they grow up, they take over either "the business or the superhero mantle." BL responded that, in William's case, he took over the business.
MR: "I'd tell my character to always wear a backpack just in case he gets stuck on top of a building that's about to explode. Like a parachute in a backpack. It'll come in handy someday."
AG: "I think I would tell Cupid to just calm down. Um, not everyone who saves you is in love with you... Probably bit of advice to get therapy early on. Work through some of that, you know, childhood trauma."
JH: "I think I would tell Dinah to just trust herself. She was looking for like meaning in who she was and what kind person am I. Like, am I good, am I bad? Am I a lone wolf, am I a team member? And I just want her to like really step into herself... maybe also therapy."
NT: "I'd tell him to get a gun instead of a dart boomerang. You know, I think it would be more efficient... It would get the job done quicker."

-- Fan Q: "What other fandom would you like to see have a crossover with Arrow?"
AH:
"I personally think Samantha could use like some humor in her life. Maybe like a comedy. Seinfeld... The Office. Anything, really."
BL: "I would love to see the - like the cinematic, uh, Birds of Prey universe, uh, cross over with the, uh, TV version, 'cause, uh, there's, uh - one of my best friends, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, played Huntress in the movie. And I would love to work with her again - because we were in Scott Pilgrim Versus the World together. I would love to work with her again in some capacity and see their Canaries interact with our Canaries, because so many incredible women."
Mod PH: "Well, that door was opened at the end of Crisis when both of our Flashes met and admired their outfits. So that - that is on the table."
BL: "Well, fingers crossed."
NT: "You know, it's so funny, I was going to say the same thing about comedy... I was going to say, I would love to see my character be on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but [unintelligible words]... I would like Captain Boomerang in Brooklyn Nine-Nine."
MR: "It might be a little obvious, but I think just straight up like DC versus Marvel. Last man standing. Like, let's get a bit out of control with them pulling the trigger - let's whittle it down a bit... [Unintelligible words] versus that world. Almost like your version of, uh, whatever character Marvel has. And then the last man standing gets the gig."
Mod PH: "Do Arrow versus Hawkeye? Both the bowmen characters?"
MR: "Yeah."
JH: "I like Ben's idea about mixing the cinematic element, especially our fights were so - some of them were so intricate. But just the way TV is sometimes cut together and, you know, you need to kind of cut the air out of a lot of scenes and fights. You don't - I feel like you didn't really get all of it all the time. So something like a crossover with like the Kill Bill franchise, I think, would be dope... And you could really have that extra level of gore that you couldn't have on The CW."
AG: "My initial thought was, like Michael was saying, a DC-Marvel standoff. Um, but I would love to see Cupid explore a little bit more in like the cable version. Like, what would happen if there was an Arrow world in Westworld or something. Um, I can really see the drama play out. Um, either that or a romantic comedy. I think Cupid in a romantic comedy could get interesting."
MR: "I want to see Cupid on The Bachelorette."
AG: "Where is my rose? Yes... I would feel really bad for the contestants."
MR: "And then that would go into the Kill Bill phase."

EutRzM9WYAErmdA?format=jpg
(pic source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, tv echo said:

Hmm - now I'm curious what was behind the black redacted square on this script page..

Same!

On the other hand, the line where Oliver says he's at peace while his dream of raising his children with his wife was dying with him made me angry enough as it is. If I remember right, the redacted bit is the moment Oliver says the world needs Barry and Sara. If MG knows people we'll get angry... I can't take it as a good sign 😅

Edited by RS3
  • Love 2

This podcast is 1 hr. 15 min. long - the audio link is below in this post, or you can watch the video of this podcast with KC in the next post below...

Direct podcast link:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/arrowverses-katie-cassidy/id1256754097?i=1000510293427

Arrowverse’s Katie Cassid‪y‬ 
Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum

Katie Cassidy (Arrow, Supernatural) joins us this week and reflects on how her crazy upbringing molded her to become independent and how difficult this is when peers see it as being standoffish. Katie shares her struggle to make it on her own at a very young age, despite what some would assume she was given based on her family name. We also share stories of getting bullied in our childhood, we share reflections on loved ones lost, and Katie dishes on some BTS Arrow stories.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Here's video of the above podcast...

ARROWVERSE STAR KATIE CASSIDY (2021) Inside of You Podcast w/ Michael Rosenbaum #insideofyou #arrow
Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum   Feb 23, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

^^^ And here's my transcription of the above KC interview...

-- After a glowing introduction by Michael Rosenbaum, Katie Cassidy came on the podcast. They exchanged some small talk.

-- After a discussion of how MR likes to Facetime everyone, KC: "I'm not actually, um - this might sound weird, but I'm not actually the most social person... So sometimes I don't really want to talk to people."
MR: "All the time. All the time, Katie. Let's be honest. All the time. You're a private person."
KC: "I just want to, you know, be with myself and my thoughts and just get all deep." (Laughs)

-- MR and KC met in Australia during a Supanova convention. At the time, KC was "under all this pressure" because she was "supposed to turn into this superhero" and she was "all over the place." She was training for Arrow, so her con experience then was not great. 
KC: "Oh my gosh, I love meeting people and I love traveling, but in terms of, you know, when - I guess it's because for the last - also, and it's not just you. Uh, the last eight years, being on Arrow and in Vancouver and go-go-go on weekends and just never - not really having time for myself to just be just quiet. And that's what's interesting, at least, about this year, because I haven't stopped since I've been - since I was 17 years old. And working and traveling and just, you know - you know, I just needed like..."
MR: "You time. You time."
KC: "Yeah!"
MR then said that he didn't think he could've "survived" in the same circumstances (early success, famous family, famous father).

-- KC said that her upbringing was different than what most people assume. She didn't meet her father (David Cassidy) until she was in the 4th grade. She grew up with her mother, stepfather and sisters.
KC: "I was always very different... Not in any way, other than I loved to paint and I loved to be alone and I loved to build things. I loved to be artistic... That gene came from the Cassidy side of my family. And when I actually met my dad, and then we did end up having a great relationship, um, for a period of time, I realized how much like him and that side of the family I am. And it sort of made me feel like, oh, okay, I'm not weird or different... This is also where I belong... 'Cause I always felt different and weird, 'cause I liked to be alone sometimes."
KC ended up moving out when she was 17 when she decided to pursue acting instead of going to college: "I wasn't into subjects in school other than theater." So her parents said that they wouldn't help her: "You're on your own."

-- At 17, she supported herself by acting (and modeling) and earned enough to move into her own "tiny little apartment" and get into an acting class. But at 19, she went bankrupt and had to call her mom to buy her groceries. KC emphasized that, although she comes from the famous Cassidy family, she didn't live with them and that she built everything she has by herself. She said that she had to "hustle" a lot, driving around Los Angeles, to go from audition to audition to audition. She would change in her car and practice one-line dialogue for her auditions.

-- KC said that she actually had three dads: her bio dad (from whom she got her creative side), her stepdad who her mother married when she was 4 (an ER doctor, who raised her), and her sister's dad.

-- MR: "Well, you're a loner, too. You've talked about that. You like to be alone... You get overwhelmed. Is that what it is? You get overwhelmed...? Do you get overwhelmed on sets, with other people around?"
KC: "Yeah. It's actually... it's interesting 'cause I do get overwhelmed around people - a lot of people. I pick up people's energy. Like, I, um - I don't know." 
MR: "Am I overwhelming you, right now?"
KC: "No. It's interesting, but when I know somebody, I feel like safe with them, it's not an overwhelming thing... But crowds and stuff, it's tough. When it's on set, I learn to block - when we're, like, rolling, I'm able to block out the noise and peo - like, I don't know. I definitely try to isolate and go - like, isolate. I'll try to go to sets that we're not using, that no one's in, and just sort of like [unintelligible words]."

-- MR: "Do you think people perceive you as standoffish at times... because you are so like inside yourself?"
KC: "Yes. And I think that 100 percent. And I don't know - I grew up in a lot of chaos, you know? Um, for whatever - without getting into it too much - but it was just at times chaotic. And I definitely think my spirit is more - got quiet, creative. Like, I love - I love writing. Um, again, I love drawing. Sorry. Now I'm losing my train of thought. What was your question?" (Laughs)
MR: "Well, you know, do people perceive you as - can they perceive you or think they can perceive you as someone who is standoffish or whatever, when you're really not, you're just kind of like in your own head?"
KC: "Yeah. And thank you. So, in high school - and in middle school, actually - in middle school, I was bullied by girls - and in high school - that were older than me, and I didn't understand why. Well, also another thing, I guess they call it 'resting bitch face.' I don't know. (Laughs) Um, but I guess, I remember this girl came up to me and got into my face in the bathroom and was like, 'You were giving - looking at us and giving us dirty looks,' or something. And I was like, 'What?' And I couldn't quite figure and then I realized I wasn't doing anything other than the sun - the direction [unintelligible words] (MR laughs) ... I think, literally - it was 6th grade through 11th grade, I was bullied by these girls. But also I was really quiet... I had like my little group of friends, but I was - yeah, I think people perceived it as my being... I wasn't being bitchy. I was just quiet and sometimes daydreaming. I don't know."
MR: "Are you squinting at me, looking like a bitchface at me? No, the sun, it hurts my eyes. It's directly on me. You switch positions. Look at your face. Oh, God, you're bitchy-looking."

-- MR asked KC to give an example of one of the crazy things that happened when she was growing up. 
KC related a story about one time in high school when she had a boyfriend. She was a freshman and he was a junior. He was her first boyfriend. His ex-girlfriend and a couple of her friends cornered KC in the bathroom and pushed her against the wall. They hated her because she was a freshman dating a junior. There was some back and forth (but no hitting). Then one of KC's friends came in. KC cried.

-- Some talk about KC's competitive cheerleading.

-- KC then related another anecdote from middle school involving another boyfriend and some bullying girls who went to another school. One girl called KC and threatened to beat her up and kill her if KC didn't break up with her boyfriend. KC told her mother, who called the principal. The bullying girls got suspended and had to apologize to KC.

-- MR: "Can you be present in a particular show and think that this is where I need to be? Or are you always thinking, I'm better than this, I need to do a show that's better, I need a movie that's better? ... Explain your work ethic."
KC: "I am very much living in the moment. So, in fact, so much that I can't plan ahead that - unless it's work-related, in my personal social life - my personal life, especially social life, I don't like to have a schedule. Like, what I'm going to do on a Tuesday at 3 pm, I'm not sure. I'm going to figure out what - how I feel when I wake up on a Tuesday and let's talk then. I get it. If you have a schedule, that's cool. But I - as much as I can, I try to live in the moment. And I think that's where people should - like, they say the - the past cause - living in the past causes depression, living in the future causes anxiety. And living in the present, the present is a gift."

-- MR: "What is your - so far, the favorite job you've had?"
KC: "I - I mean, Arrow was wonderful. Um, but again, like, they gave a lot for my character to do. And I definitely throw myself into whatever it is that I'm working on, whether it be acting - you know, I go - I go for it. Uh, and I just dive into it, whether it be acting, writing, directing. You know, and it's interesting because I'm learning a lot more about myself, especially having this year of just like 'woosa' calmness and stillness. Um, writing is something I've always had this incredible passion and drive and just like that's what I - since I was a kid. I used to journal, until my mother read my journal... It's okay. We work through these things. I stopped writing. However, during this pandemic, I've been writing so much and I'm like - and being in this like in flow is a thing. And it's just - that's what I mean. Like, you're in this - you're so present in - in - there - I don't know, stories - that's just - "
MR: "You're in control. That's why you like it. You're n control of every - like, when you're writing something, it's your thoughts, your heart... everything goes into that. I think you like that."
KC: "It's your voice. But also, it's not just your voice, it's for - you're telling a story, hopefully, telling a story to people, to better the - to better the world in - in sharing story through your vision, through the way you see it, whatever the story is that you're telling."
MR: "I love that."
KC: "So it's really cool. Yeah. Finding your voice. Like, you know, learning how to - figuring that out. Like, it's a whole process and it's a really cool - So I - I found out, you know, directing is another thing I have such an incredible passion for. And getting - you know, I directed an episode of Arrow, um, this last season and it was - I was on Cloud 9. I mean, I made my days  and then some, and I was like, oh, gotta do this, you gotta do this. Like, I just knew - I was so prepared, though. And I'm so grateful for the Warner Brothers Directors' Program, because I went through it. It was a three-month, really intense program. But they - I - I was just - I was like completely, overly prepared and it was just an amazing experience. And - and I realized I - it's not - I'm not just an actor. And I'm not just a writer. I'm not just a director. I think I'm just a creator and storyteller, however that outlet is."
MR asked if Warner Brothers was still doing the directors program because he's interested. KC said that he should "absolutely take it" because she found it "life-changing." She will give the program information to MR.

-- MR mentioned KC's role in Taken and she talked about working with Liam Neeson.

-- MR brought up a 2017 David Cassidy quote in which he said that, even though he was KC's bio dad, he didn't raise her and he was proud of her.
KC said that her bio dad had "demons." He was struggling with alcohol. She heard he was in the hospital. She went to visit him. He was already in a coma. Her uncles and brothers were there. She described it as a moment of "forgiveness." KC: "I think it was just this moment of... (Pauses) I don't know. Like, yeah, I guess like a relief. Like, he could be in peace. You know, um?"

-- MR then read some questions from his listeners (his "patrons").The first patron question was: "When you first read the script for Taken, what did you think of it?"
KC: "I want to go to Paris... I thought it was awesome, and I literally was like, uh, I was actually originally supposed to - I auditioned to play his daughter. It was between myself and Maggie Grace. I got the best friend role and I was still like, okay, great. Liam Neeson's in this movie and it looks - it's freakin' awesome and I want to go to Paris."

-- Patron question 2: "Is Green Arrow and the Canaries moving forward? I hadn't heard about it anymore."
KC: "I'm not sure."

-- Patron question 3: "What's the most amazing adventure you ever have been on?"
KC: "Oh, my gosh. I went to Thailand. That was incredible. I went to Africa. That was - oh, my gosh, the Africa story, it's too long of a story, but basically I was in Africa, H.E.L.P. Malawi, it's a non-profit organization out of, um, Malawi, in this small little town, Mutumba. I totally just botched how to say that. And help educate - you now, H.E.L.P. is help - help, educate, love and protect, is what it stands for. Um, but it's for children in Africa who don't have, you know, the supplies or education or resources to eat, drink - you know, this school, there's like a thousand children that, you know, basically we raised money to build them a health clinic. And we - I went there and built a garden for them. And I showed them how they could recycle water while they're washing their hands over the plants. And we made - showed them how to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And dance with them - I mean, it was just such an incredible experience to go there and see these kids... I need to go back." She also mentioned that these kids had never seen a camera before and that 95% of them were HIV positive. She also talked about where she stayed being "insane" (alligators outside, no toilet, guy with rifle standing outside all night). 

-- Patron question 4: "If you could only put one thing on your bucket list, what would it be?"
KC said that she wants to go to India and she wants to help people.

-- Patron question 5: "How do you deal with hateful comments on like Facebook and all that stuff?"
KC: "I don't. Why? I don't read my messages often. Why? Because people are assholes and I don't want to feel [unintelligible words]."
MR interjected that a lot of people love her, too. 
KC responded that she also doesn't want to get a swelled head either, but wants to remain even-keeled. However, she said that "once in a while I'll read, but I don't engage… You know what? Your negativity, it’s not going to bring me down… I can’t with the negative energy of people. It is so toxic."

-- MR: "Did you like working with Stephen Amell?"
KC: "Uh, yes. I love Stephen. He actually - we have a really good - well - "
MR: "Rapport?"
KC: "Friendship, working relationship. And here is what - (Laughs) - here's why I think Stephen coming out of the gates - this was our conversation when we first met. 'Stephen. Hi. Okay. If you f*ck this up, I will f*ckin' kill you. Okay?'"
MR (laughing): "Oh, my God!"
KC: "'Don't f*ck this up for us, alright? Don't become an asshole. Don't become an asshole. And if you are, if you're going to become an asshole, I'm gonna let you - let you know you're being an asshole. Okay?' And he - he - this is like right before we shot the pilot, I think, or it might've been at Comic-Con. I don't know. But he, of course, started cracking up. And, I don't know, it's like a - he becomes - he's like kind of like a brother in a way? I don't know. But he has respect for me and he - we can laugh at each other and I roll my eyes at him and I've called him out and he's called me out."

-- Patron question 6: "If you didn't take the role of Laurel Lance, Black Canary, what other DC or Marvel role would you have loved to have brought to life?"
KC: "Catwoman."

-- Patron question 7: "Who inspired you to get into acting?"
KC: "I'm third generation. My grandfather, Jack Cassidy, he played Superman on Broadway. I think it was on Broadway. I think. I'm pretty sure. Uh, he was an actor. Obviously, my dad, uncles. It's just - it's in the gene pool. I was born this way. I think, just being a creator is in my blood."

-- MR: "Do you ever get nervous acting with certain actors, or have you ever been intimidated, or have you ever been like, oh, my God, my voice is cracking, or how do you get out of that? Last question."
KC: "Yeah, uh, I've been intimi - no, not by another actor... Playing a lawyer and going into a courtroom, full - doing - and having legal jargon, and you're giving your opening statement, but you're actually bursting into a scene into the courtroom, like, interrupting, and everybody in the courtroom turning their head to see who opens the doors, and you walk in with your [unintelligible word].. You go and you stand. You're like, I'm here. I'm the lawyer representing [unintelligible word] and I'm going to make my opening statement. And it's all legal jargon. And it's like a two-page monologue... And all of the actors and the leads are there, watching, sitting in the stands... I - Holy shit! I can tell you what scene it was... I had to stop. And I started hyperventilating. I started having a panic attack. And I realized like I - I breathe - you know, I told the director. I was like, look - and then you get in your head... So I was like, I'm trying to - listen. And I was like, Michael, I - just give me a couple minutes. I just need to calm down and I'll be fine. I just - I got insecure with the dialogue and now I'm getting in my head and just [unintelligible word]. He was like, it's fine, just take a breath... I got through it, um, but I was - I remember feeling like flush red and sweating... And 'scene' and it looks great."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

KC: "Friendship, working relationship. And here is what - (Laughs) - here's why I think Stephen coming out of the gates - this was our conversation when we first met. 'Stephen. Hi. Okay. If you f*ck this up, I will f*ckin' kill you. Okay?'"
MR (laughing): "Oh, my God!"
KC: "'Don't f*ck this up for us, alright? Don't become an asshole. Don't become an asshole. And if you are, if you're going to become an asshole, I'm gonna let you - let you know you're being an asshole. Okay?' And he - he - this is like right before we shot the pilot, I think, or it might've been at Comic-Con. I don't know. But he, of course, started cracking up. And, I don't know, it's like a - he becomes - he's like kind of like a brother in a way? I don't know. But he has respect for me and he - we can laugh at each other and I roll my eyes at him and I've called him out and he's called me out."

Well I actually think this sums up a lot about their relationship and is pretty ironic in way that I don't think she intended. Not that it was just her fault but they did end up "f*cking part of it up". They probably did "call each other out" although I don't necessarily believe it was in a big brother type way. 

• LOL 4
46 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Well I actually think this sums up a lot about their relationship and is pretty ironic in way that I don't think she intended. Not that it was just her fault but they did end up "f*cking part of it up". They probably did "call each other out" although I don't necessarily believe it was in a big brother type way. 

“Calling out” a coworker is not something to brag about. I don’t know what her working experience has been to make her think it’s a normal thing. But thanks, KC, for confirming the pap rumors about how she and SA didn’t get along on set and probably why they had negative chemistry. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

“Calling out” a coworker is not something to brag about. I don’t know what her working experience has been to make her think it’s a normal thing. But thanks, KC, for confirming the pap rumors about how she and SA didn’t get along on set and probably why they had negative chemistry. 

Yeah I would not be bragging 9 years after the fact that the very first thing I said to a co-worker was "If you fuck this up I will fucking kill you!" I've heard it before so its not the first time she's told the story but it doesn't sound as funny as she thinks it does - I haven't listened to the audio so I don't know her tone of voice. All it does is tell me they got off on the wrong foot (we all know how SA really LOVES to be called out on stuff!!) and you were the one who got down graded almost immediately and let go and came back as a different character so its not a case of "well we had nothing to worry about". 

She basically told everyone that they were assholes to each other and chucked a couple of platitudes in there. 

It's not like SA has used this as a hilarious, awesome story about meeting KC. 

Also I get that going to cons at the weekend when you've been shooting all week is probably not what you really want to do but if you're not going to be your best or are going to cancel at the last minute or leave early or whatever, maybe you shouldn't book them and just wait for hiatus. This goes for all actors. I know its a lot of money but do yourselves and your fans a favour. 

• Love 8
On 2/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, Chaser said:

Was there a segue to that question about SA? I wonder if SA had shared something with MR to prompt it. 

It seems a little specific. 

No. It was just like the next question that MR asked KC. 

Inside of You posted a video clip of just the SA question...

WHAT DID SHE TELL STEPHEN AMELL?!? #insideofyou #arrow
Inside Of You Clips    Feb 24, 2021

Edited by tv echo

KM was a guest on MTV's Happy Sad Confused podcast hosted by Josh Horowitz yesterday (Feb. 24)...

Direct link to podcast audio:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/katherine-mcnamara/id827905050?i=1000510422682 

You can just tell Katherine McNamara lives and breathes acting. Since her big break on Broadway at just 15, she hasn't looked back! She's mixed it up in big franchises like "The Maze Runner", beloved TV shows like "Shadowhunters" and "Arrow", and now she's showing off a darker side in "The Stand"!

Josh and Kat cover it all, including her love of old Hollywood embodied by her comfort movie pick, "Singin' in the Rain."

I'm not doing a full transcription of this podcast because she's done a lost of past interviews in which she talked about her background, career, etc.  - so here are just a few of her comments...

-- KM auditioned for the lead role in Divergent (but obviously didn't get it).

-- JHorowitz asked if KM had mixed feelings about Green Arrow and the Canaries not going forward because she was now free to take on other projects. KM responded that, if the spinoff had happened, she still would have been able to do other projects. For example, she did The Maze Runner while she was still doing Shadowhunters

-- KM: "Aside from that, Mia was such a wonderful character that they took such care of and that they set up to have this very strange and complicated journey that I was excited to see where she went. And who knows? Maybe we will see Mia somewhere, because in the Arrowverse, unless they - you know, they see you dead on a slab somewhere, you're probably coming back at some point... And even then... But I was so grateful for Arrow. You know, I was just finishing Shadowhunters and, as I'm sure you well know, when you're coming off of a project that's encompassed your life for so many years, there's almost a mourning period that happens. And being able to throw myself into another all-encompassing project was so helpful. That being said, I was very nervous, given that - you know, having been in those circles, knowing how beloved Olicity was, and having to be their child. And sort of, these two characters that have been so well-developed for so many years by Stephen and Emily, um, trying to figure out how to be that amalgamation, it was an exciting challenge. And that's what I love. That's what I always look for. Something that scares me and I know is going to challenge me and force me to grow, because that's - that's what I'm here for and that's what I'm all about."

-- KM said that she has a lot of projects that have been on hold for over a year now.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Surprisingly, GalaxyCon has posted a full public video of its Feb. 20, 2021 Arrow panel...

Arrow Full GalaxyCon Q&A Panel
Posted by GalaxyCon on Feb. 26, 2021

In a previously live GalaxyCon Q&A panel for Arrow, Amy Gumenick "Carrie Cutter/Cupid", Anna Hopkins "Samantha Clayton",  Juliana Harkavy "Dinah Drake/Black Canary", Michael Rowe "Floyd Lawton/Deadshot", Nick Tarabay "Digger Harkness/Captain Boomerang", and Ben Lewis "William Clayton" answer questions about mashups and character advice they would give.

ETA: My transcription of this panel was previously posted in this thread here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

DR is in this video...

CW Spotlight: Do You See Me Now? | The CW
The CW Network   Feb 26, 2021

In celebration of Black History Month, the new #CWSpotlight series is highlighting our talent and storytellers as they discuss the importance of representation in entertainment.

• Love 1

Because of the changing covid situation, comic cons keep getting postponed and rescheduled - so here is the current status of comic cons and other events for this year that feature former Arrow cast and guest stars (of course, subject to change)...

GalaxyCon's Legends of Tomorrow Live Stream Q&A, March 13, 2021 (Virtual Event)
(Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Jes Macallan, Shayan Sobhian, Adam Tsekhman, Ciara Renee and Falk Hentschel)
https://galaxycon.com/blogs/10/mar-13-legends-of-tomorrow 

Creation Entertainment's Virtual Fan Experience: Weekend with Lucifer Stars, March 12-14, 2021 (Virtual Event)
Kevin Alejandro (also Tom Welling and Tom Ellis)
https://www.creationent.com/vfe/vfe_luci.html 

Fandom Vibes: Fan Kingdom Convention (Digital Edition), March 13-14, 2021 (Virtual Event)
Alexander Calvert 
https://www.kineticvibecons.net/?page_id=599 

MPAC Hollywood Bureau's Media Awards, March 20, 2021 (Virtual Event)
(Honoring DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Phil Klemmer, Grainne Godfree, Keto Shimizu, Tala Ashe, Shayan Sobhian and Ubah Mohamed)
https://www.mpachollywoodbureau.org/events
https://www.mpachollywoodbureau.org/dc-legends-of-tomorrow

Heroes of the Shadow World, May 29-31, 2021 (New York, NY)
Katherine McNamara and Anna Hopkins
https://jalmics.com/event-management/hotsw/ 

Rhode Island Comic Con: Summer Edition, June 18-20, 2021 (Providence, RI)
Osric Chau (also Wil Wheaton)
https://www.ricomiccon.com/celebrity-guests 

The Italian Institute: The Fourth Convention, June 26-27, 2021 (Milan, Italy)
Katherine McNamara 
https://www.kineticvibecons.net/?page_id=47 

Creation Entertainment Presents: GATEWAY: The Official Stargate Convention, June 25-27, 2021 (Rosemont, IL)
David Nykl, Teryl Rothery, Ben Browder and Rachel Luttrell
https://www.creationent.com/cal/gateway25.htm 

The Hunters of Shadow 4, July 3-4, 2021 (Paris, France)
Katherine McNamara
https://weventsproduction.fr/the-hunters-of-shadow-4/ 

Shore Leave 42, July 9-11, 2021 (Towson, MD)
Brandon Routh and Alex Kingston
https://www.shore-leave.com/guests/ 

Creation Entertainment's The Sci-Fi Summit: Featuring The 55-Year Mission Tour, July 16-18, 2021 (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Tahmoh Penikett (also Katee Sackhoff)
https://www.creationent.com/cal/sfs_van.htm 

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL, July 22-25, 2021 (CA)
TBA
https://www.comic-con.org/cci 

Showmasters' London Film & Comic Con, July 23-25, 2021 (UK)
David Ramsey, Ernie Hudson and Ben Browder (also John Wesley Shipp)
https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/ 

FedCon, July 23-25, 2021 (Bonn, Germany)
John Barrowman, David Nykl, Alex Kingston and Rachel Luttrell
https://www.fedcon.de/de/ 

Planet Comicon, August 20-22, 2021 (Kansas City, MO) 
Katie Cassidy (also Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Rachel Skarsten)
https://planetcomicon.com/ 

EM-Con, August 28-29, 2021 (Nottingham, England)
Juliana Harkavy, Alex Kingston and LaMonica Garrett
https://nottingham.em-con.co.uk/guests/ 

Creation Entertainment's The Sci-Fi Summit: Featuring The 55-Year Mission Tour, September 10-12, 2021 (Edison, NJ)
(Katee Sackhoff)
https://www.creationent.com/cal/sfs_nj.htm 

Creation Entertainment's The Sci-Fi Summit: Featuring The 55-Year Mission Tour, September 10-12, 2021 (Jacksonville, FL)
(Tom Cavanagh, Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes)
https://www.creationent.com/scifisummitlive/index.html#sfsjax 

Mountaineer Comic-Con, September 24-26, 2021 (Morgantown, WV)
Manu Bennett (also Michelle Harrison)
https://mountaineercomiccon.com/celebrity-guests

Heroes Dutch Comic Con: Anniversary Edition, November 20-21, 2021 (Utrecht, Netherlands)
David Ramsey
https://www.dutchcomiccon.com/guests/ 

Wales Comic Con: Telford Takeover, November 20-21, 2021 (Telford, Wales, UK)
(Arthur Darvill)
https://www.walescomiccon.com/guests 

German Comic Con: Dortmund, December 3-5, 2021 (Dortmund, Germany)
Osric Chau (also Helen Slater)
https://germancomiccon.com/dortmund/

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), December 10-12, 2021 (Chicago, IL)
TBA
https://www.c2e2.com/en-us.html 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You want to take a cruise with Colin Donnell and his wife? ...

New Broadway Theme Cruises Set For 2022
Chris Gray Faust   February 25, 2021
https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5912/

Seth Rudetsky's Big Fat Broadway Vacations are theme cruises sponsored by Rudetsky, a well-known Broadway multi-hyphenate actor-singer-writer-producer, who is also the radio host of SiriusXM Broadway.

The theme cruises will be heaven for Broadway fans. Each will feature a line-up of Broadway stars – Rudetsky has a lot of friends – who not only provide entertainment, but will also put on master classes and workshops in Broadway performance, choreography, singing and more (or you can just watch and listen; participation is optional).
The four seven-night sailings will take place on the following dates, itineraries, ships and stars:
image_x_21.jpg 
July 16, 2022 on Celebrity Silhouette, roundtrip from Southampton. Ports include Kristiansand, Alesund, Molde and Stavanger. Stars include the husband-wife team of Colin Donnell (Almost Famous, Anything Goes) and Patti Murin (Frozen, Wicked), as well as James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin, Memphis).

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

FYI, here are two previous interviews where KC talked about warning SA not to f**k up...

SDCC 2019: 'Arrow' Katie Cassidy Interview
Fangirlish    Jul 22, 2019

-- KC: "I remember when we - before we shot the pilot - or during the pilot, it was one of his earlier - uh, I think, acting jobs? I think he had done a couple things before. I feel like I was 100 going into Arrow. I felt like I had been in this business for so long, which I'm so grateful for. Uh, but I remember saying to him, 'hi' - should I try to keep this PG-13? ... I was like, 'Hi, Stephen, if you f*ck this up, I will kill you. Please don't f*ck this up. Please.' And he was like, 'O-kay'... Also, I also have to say, by saying that early on, he - I earned his respect. Like, he was like, she's not afraid of me. Some people are, you know? But I'm not. He's like a brother to me. I'm like, 'This is on you. And if you ruin this for us... Please don't.'  And that was why I was saying, you know, during the panel, he didn't. I'm really, really proud of him. He's - oh my gosh, he's gone through - the amount of work he's done? You have no - honestly, you don't have a life for so long, especially the first three seasons. He's the main, number one, you know, and we're still kind of trying to figure out, you know, our show, like, find our legs, uh, during this time. And, you know, sometimes it's 15 hours on set, and you get 12-hour turnarounds, Monday through Friday. You're shooting Fraturdays. You don't get off until 6 a.m. on Saturday. You got to get back on set on Monday. And he's there all the time. And he has a family and he's got a kid - now he's got a child... He always showed up on time. He always was prepared... and honestly wants to give the show - keep the integrity of the show always. Um, and that's really impressive. Just a lot of work. Um, and so I'm really proud of him. I'm proud that he sort of blossomed this whole thing and launched this whole, you know, Arrowverse world. It's incredible."

The Final Season: Katie Cassidy Remembers the First Time She Put on Her Arrow Costume
By CHRIS HARNICK     OCT 22, 2019 
https://www.eonline.com/news/1084920/the-final-season-katie-cassidy-remembers-the-first-time-she-put-on-her-arrow-costume 

The moment I realized the show was a hit was…

"When I read the pilot before I auditioned." Cassidy said she after reading the script and meeting with Marc Guggenheim, Greg Berlanti and David Nutter she was on board, noting she really wanted to do an action role. "I'm all for strong women having their own story and they pitched it to me. I remember calling my agent after reading the pilot and said, ‘This is going to be a hit. I don't want to read any other scripts. I have to play this role. I was born to play this role. This is me.'"

"After we shot the pilot, David Nutter, he took me and Stephen aside, and he said those exact words, ‘The two of you, you were born to play Oliver Queen and you were born to play Laurel Lance. Just immediately, you are these people.' I thought that was pretty cool I even remember saying to Stephen when we were at Comic-Con the first year, I basically said, ‘Don't f—k this up. This is going to be a big show and a part of something special.' And it really has been. I'm so, so fortunate to have gotten the opportunity to be a part of it…It's almost a decade, it's eight years, but as it continues."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Part of RG's interview from yesterday...

Actor Rick Gonzalez Interview on Entertainment Zone talks acting, high school, etc.
Paul Amadeus Lane    Mar 1, 2021

On Entertainment Zone, this episode we talk to actor Rick Gonzalez as you have seen him grow throughout the years in his many roles. You know him from movies like Coach Carter, Roll Bounce, and in the CW show Arrow. In fact, Rick and I met at Comic Con a few years back! So glad to have linked up again...please enjoy this interview as Rick talks about a few of his roles, how Laguardia Performing Arts High School helped him prepare for his career. For the full interveiw, go download our free app "THE ENTERTAINMENT ZONE" on Roku and Amazon Fire Tv/Stick. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I recently came across this old SA interview while reviewing some old notes - I wonder which scenes had to be reworked and why. I also wonder if the EPs were already having issues with the chemistry between SA and KC that early on while shooting S1...

Stephen Amell Earned Less Than His Co-Stars as Arrow's Leading Man
By ZACH JOHNSON    AUG 29, 2018 
https://www.eonline.com/news/963883/stephen-amell-earned-less-than-his-co-stars-as-arrow-s-leading-man 

Not wanting to be taken advantage of, despite of his inexperience as a leading man, Amell recalled when he had to defend himself while re-shooting a scene for an episode in Season 1. "In the early days, we didn't do a lot of re-shoots, but they were not happy with a couple elements of Episode 5," he said. So, Amell was called in to rework some scenes with co-star Katie Cassidy—and that's when he reached his breaking point and once again asserted himself.

ETA: Episode 1x05 was "Damaged," in which Oliver asked Laurel to represent him after he was arrested by Quentin Lance for being the Hood. Also in this episode, Laurel saw Oliver's scars, and they kissed for the first time since Oliver returned to Starling City.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1
(edited)

No surprise - SDCC will again be a free, online, virtual event this July. However, they're also (optimistically)planning a smaller, in-person con in November of this year...

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule 

We have made the challenging decision to postpone Comic-Con 2021 as an in-person gathering until our 2022 dates, and once again hold this year's celebration as the free online Comic-Con@Home. We will return to the San Diego Convention Center July 20 - 24, 2022. Please see our full statement here.

It is the policy of the organization to continue to closely monitor information from local and national healthcare officials as it pertains to the COVID-19 pandemic. Never could we have imagined what the world experienced in 2020 and continues to experience today. While we are buoyed by the rollout of the vaccine and the growing number of individuals being inoculated, it appears that July will still be too early to safely hold an in-person event of the magnitude of Comic-Con. For this reason, we have made the challenging decision to postpone Comic-Con 2021 as an in-person gathering until our 2022 dates, and once again hold this year's celebration as the free online Comic-Con@Home. Unfortunately, the challenges of this past year and the multiple postponements of our two largest events have left us with limited financial resources, so this year the online experience will be reduced to a three-day event, spanning July 23-25, 2021.

While we lament the postponement of the in-person Comic-Con, our commitment to this community of fans and our celebration of comics and the related popular arts endures as an important part of who we are. As the timing and scope of our larger event factored greatly into our decision to postpone, we believe that launching a smaller in-person event at a later time may be a safe alternative. For this reason, we are happy to announce that San Diego Comic Convention is planning to present a three-day in-person convention in San Diego in November. At this time, we are still working on specific details as to attendance capacity, badge cost, and related information, and those details will be forthcoming. Please continue to visit our website, comic-con.org, for official updated information as it becomes available.

COMIC-CON @HOME 2021, July 23-25, 2021 (Free, Streaming)
TBA

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON, November __, 2021 (San Diego, CA)
TBA

Edited by tv echo

If anyone wants to hear the clip of KC talking about her first words to Stephen: 

https://twitter.com/insideofyoupod/status/1366161306617790466

Girl is dead serious. I think Stephen can be a huge asshole and doesn't need defending. But it just seems completely the wrong way to start a new job with anyone even as opposed to "lets not fuck this up together, okay!"

I have zero problem with someone trying to set expectations and boundaries for how they expect to be treated but this isn't it. 

(edited)
Oliver/GA sacrificed himself twice for others, became the Spectre, and restarted the entire multiverse, but look who's front and center on the COIE soundtrack album cover art...
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here's a video clip of AU Felicity in LoT 216 (Doomworld) and I can't match the shot, although the superhero suit matches...

(Olicity Queen)

And here's the concept art for her superhero suit:

Edited by tv echo

WonderCon@Home update...

Warner Announces Star-Studded ‘Justice Society: World War II’ Panel At WonderCon@Home
Dillon Gonzales   March 10, 2021
https://geekvibesnation.com/warner-announces-star-studded-justice-society-world-war-ii-panel-at-wonderconhome/

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced they will be hosting a star-studded celebration of the previously announced Justice Society: World War II at WonderCon@Home on Saturday, March 27, 2021.

The 50-minute panel will include actors, filmmakers and assorted clips and images from the all-new, feature-length animated movie. Justice Society: World War II arrives on Digital starting April 27, 2021, and on 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray Combo Pack and Blu-ray™ on May 11, 2021. Get further details and new images from the film below! 
Headlining the panel discussion are actors Stana Katic (Castle, Absentia, A Call To Spy) as Wonder Woman, Matt Bomer (Doom Patrol, White Collar, The Boys in the Band) as Barry Allen/The Flash, Elysia Rotaru (Arrow) as Black Canary, Omid Abtahi (American Gods, The Mandalorian) as Hawkman, Chris Diamantopoulos (Red Notice, Silicon Valley, voice of Mickey Mouse) as Steve Trevor, Armen Taylor (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) as Jay Garrick/The Flash,  Liam McIntyre (The Flash, Spartacus, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War) as Aquaman, and Geoff Arend (Madam Secretary, Batman: Hush) as Charles Halstead/Advisor alongside director Jeff Wamester (Guardians of the Galaxy TV series), co-screenwriters Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls) and Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon), and supervising producer Butch Lukic (Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Constantine: City of Demons). Publicist Gary Miereanu moderates the festivities.
To view the Justice Society: World War II panel, please go https://youtu.be/7Es8ztlK5Bw on WonderCon’s YouTube channel. This link will NOT be live until March 27 at 11:00am PT. For more information about WonderCon, visit https://www.comic-con.org/wca.

Edited by tv echo

WonderCon@Home, March 26-27, 2021, has published its programming schedule - I've highlighted the panels with Arrow connections below...

Full Schedule: https://www.comic-con.org/wca/2021/athome/complete-programming

Saturday, March 27, 2021
2:00pm - 3:00pm    Inside the Writer Room: The Show Must Go on - Surviving the Room, Virtual and Otherwise, in the Age of COVID

A staple of WonderCon and Comic-Con, Inside The Writers Room, returns as some of the biggest TV writers in town talk about creating today's best television series in the middle of a pandemic. Out of quarantine and into the writers' room today are Gabrielle Stanton (showrunner, The Summer I Turned Pretty, The Flash, Haven), VJ Boyd (writer/producer, Justified, SWAT), Ashley E. Miller (showrunner, Netflix's DOTA: Dragon's Blood, Fringe, Black Sails), Deric A. Hughes (writer/producer, Warehouse 13, The Flash, Arrow, Legacies), Kay Reindl (writer/producer, Millennium, Swamp Thing, Motherland), Steven Melching (writer, The Clone Wars, Rebels, Carmen Sandiego), Ian Weinreich (writer/producer, The Flight Attendant), Anslem Richardson (write/producer, Timeless, The Boys), and Teresa Huang (writer, Macgyver, SEAL Team). Moderated by Mark A. Altman (showrunner, Pandora, The Librarians, Agent X, Castle). Whether you're interested in writing for TV or just how your favorite shows get made, this is the panel for you. Panel arranged by The 4:30 Movie podcast, an Electric Now production.

Saturday, March 27, 2021
2:00pm - 3:00pm    Justice Society: World War II

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, DC, and Warner Bros. Animation continue the treasured tradition of 'DC Universe Movies' at WonderCon with a panel discussion amongst the star-studded cast and talented filmmaking crew of Justice Society: World War II. The all-new animated adventure finds modern-day Barry Allen—prior to the formation of the Justice League—discovering he can run even faster than he imagined, and that milestone results in his first encounter with the Speed Force. The Flash is promptly launched into the midst of a raging battle—primarily between Nazis and a team of Golden Age DC Super Heroes known as The Justice Society of America. Led by Wonder Woman, the group includes Hourman, Black Canary, Hawkman, Steve Trevor, and the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. The Flash quickly volunteers to assist his fellow heroes in tipping the scales of war in their favor, while the team tries to figure out how to send him home. But it won’t be easy as complications and emotions run deep in this time—skipping World War II thriller. The cast & filmmakers come together for an entertaining panel featuring Stana Katic (Castle, Absentia, A Call To Spy) as Wonder Woman, Matt Bomer (Doom Patrol, White Collar, The Boys in the Band) as Barry Allen/The Flash, Elysia Rotaru (Arrow) as Black Canary, Omid Abtahi (American Gods, The Mandalorian) as Hawkman, Chris Diamantopoulos (Red Notice, Silicon Valley, the voice of Mickey Mouse) as Steve Trevor, Armen Taylor (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) as Jay Garrick/The Flash, Liam McIntyre (The Flash, Spartacus, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War) as Aquaman, and Geoff Arend (Madam Secretary, Batman: Hush) as Charles Halstead/Advisor alongside director Jeff Wamester (Guardians of the Galaxy TV series), co-screenwriters Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls) & Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon), and supervising producer Butch Lukic (Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Constantine: City of Demons). Publicist Gary Miereanu moderates the festivities. Justice Society: World War II arrives on Digital starting April 27, 2021, and on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack on May 11, 2021.

Edited by tv echo

The Flash: The Legends of Forever, the third and final book in this AU Arrowverse trilogy goes on sale later this month - Oliver/GA, Felicity and Diggle were in the first two books, so they'll probably all be in this book as well...

The Flash: The Legends of Forever (Crossover Crisis #3) (The Flash: Crossover Crisis) Hardcover – March 23, 2021
by Barry Lyga 
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Legends-Forever-Crossover-Crisis/dp/1419746863/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+flash+legends+of+forever&qid=1615844256&sr=8-1

The Legends of Tomorrow enter the fray in this epic conclusion to the Crossover Crisis trilogy

The Flash and his friends have defeated Anti-Matter Man, but the race to save the multiverse is far from over. As a threat looms large at the end of Time itself, Barry, his Kryptonian allies, and the Green Arrow seek help from the leading experts on time travel, the Legends of Tomorrow. Meanwhile, Cisco has been taken by a mysterious figure—and Owlman’s plans for Madame Xanadu come to a thrilling head. Picking right up where Supergirl’s Sacrifice left off, this action-packed adventure brings the Crossover Crisis to a dramatic conclusion beyond the end of the universe.

9781419746864_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

#ThrowbackSunday: I was searching for something on YouTube and came across this Arrow Retrospective/S8 trailer from SDCC 2019 - I re-watched it and felt a sense of nostalgia...

Arrow Season 8 Official Trailer - Comic Con 2019
IGN    Jul 21, 2019

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I haven't listened to this entire interview (it's about an hour long)...

Curious Radio #090 And So It Is with Andrea Sixtos
Curious Radio   Premiered Mar 22, 2021

Andrea Sixtos is back for episode 90 to grace us with her presence; yeah, you're welcome. We catch up on what its been like since she was last on, like becoming a super hero in the DC universe. Tune in as we take the journey of a beautiful conversation with our dear friend Andrea. Finding different ways to alchemize our trauma, learning to understand what our triggers may be, and surrendering to love, plus much much more. Take a deep breath and listen in...

Edited by tv echo