Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

SA made some comments about EBR during this Nocking Point event yesterday (AH = Andrew Harding) - warning: video includes a few spoiler mentions...

SA: "We're launching a monthly wine club... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So our December collaborator is Emily Bett Rickards."
AH: "Pacific Coast Pink was a massive hit the first time. And, um, you know, so normally Stephen and I kinda rotate through collaborators. We were like, screw it, let's just bring it back."
SA: "No, Emily - as she does - came on as a guest contributor and became an integral part of the process. As it happens, that's what she does in life. Okay? But she came on and she really showed to us what a collaborator could be, as in, she wanted to do a sparkling rose - what the -? What? What? And people loved it. And she wanted to have it called Pacific Coast Pink, the short form is PCP. Whatever. Go for it. And then she had the label artwork. She delivered it to us. And her passion for it spoke to people who are passionate for the product. And here we are. So we can't think of anything better than to be back in business with Emily, my very good friend. We're very, very excited. She's our December collaborator."
AH: "Yeah. Her wine after the wine club sold out, every ounce of extra wine that we made beyond the wine club sold out in six hours. Literally gone. So she's coming back."
SA: "Well, apparently she's popular."

(SA also said that he can't golf until after he's finished doing Arrow because it's messed up his back.)

One Night with Arrow's Stephen Amell and Aisha Tyler, Presented by Nocking Point
Streamed live on September 22, 2018, by IGN

IGN and Nocking Point partner on a special live stream to bring to everyone the "One Night with Aisha Tyler" event straight from Los Angeles, featuring a Q&A with Tyler and Arrow star/Nocking Point co-founder Stephen Amell. Tyler and Amell are celebrating the launch of her new Nocking Point wine and coffee, Night Ender.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, olicityfan25 said:

I thought the haters got that video taken down by reporting it because they got envious/jealous of Olicity and the fans. I can still view the video which is good. 

Yeah, it was either a false alarm or a different video, thank goodness. That was a wild few hours on Twitter.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, olicityfan25 said:

I thought the haters got that video taken down by reporting it because they got envious/jealous of Olicity and the fans. I can still view the video which is good. 

I think the one Olicity Queen posted was the video taken down. This one is the no background music version, where you can hear every breath, sigh and moan :P This one has a warning now, though, about it possibly being inappropriate for some users. Didn't use to have that before.

5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think the one Olicity Queen posted was the video taken down. This one is the no background music version, where you can hear every breath, sigh and moan :P This one has a warning now, though, about it possibly being inappropriate for some users. Didn't use to have that before.

Well that's sad.  That was a verrrrry good version 

37 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Didn’t SA say his daughter was starting school and it was going to be in LA?  His wife gets a recurring role on Arrow so is Mavi staying in LA?  Just wondering. 

I don't think it's recurring. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Didn’t SA say his daughter was starting school and it was going to be in LA?  His wife gets a recurring role on Arrow so is Mavi staying in LA?  Just wondering. 

She's

guest starring in the crossover,

but I haven't seen any reports that she's recurring on Arrow.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BunsenBurner said:

I don't think it matters. They both seem like dead beat parents so the kid is probably better off with a qualified Nanny anyway. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 7

From Manu Bennett panel at MegaCon Tampa Bay on Sep. 23 (no spoilers)...

Manu Bennett reveals the fate of Slade Wilson (Tampa Megacon 2018)
Published on Sep 23, 2018, by The Conplayers

-- When asked when he'll be returning to Arrow, MB sang the "Careless Whispers" song with new lyrics referencing the new Deathstroke film.

And here's video of his full panel in two parts (I have not watched the entire panel)...

Q & A with Manu Bennett part 1 Tampa Mega Con
Published on Sep 23, 2018, by IamMrs Rosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a80VSr32PBo

Q&A with Manu Bennett Tampa Mega Con part 2
Published on Sep 23, 2018, by IamMrs Rosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8nVCWjhiL4

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's cons (updated, with schedules)...

FACTS Convention: Your Belgian Comic Con, September 29-30, 2018 (Ghent, Belgium)
John Barrowman
https://facts.be/guests/
https://twitter.com/FACTSConvention
Schedule
-Sat. (9/29) at 12:45pm - "Anything Goes-John Barrowman"
-Sun. (9/30) at 12:45pm - "Anything Goes-John Barrowman"

Baltimore Comic Con, September 28-30, 2018 (MD)
Katrina Law (also Marguerite Bennett, comics writer of DC Bombshells series)
http://baltimorecomiccon.com/guests/media-guests/
Programming
-Sat. (9/29) at 11:00am - "Katrina Law Spotlight"

Edited by tv echo

JB panel at Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo on Sep. 22 (warning: like his other con panels, there are a lot of risqué jokes)...

John Barrowman Panel - Audio Only - Edmonton Expo 2018
Published on Sep 24, 2018, by Humanoidfreak

Edited by tv echo

Colton is sick af at the moment,  so that might have something to do with the difference in appearance.   Last night he posted a string of hilarious Instagram videos incredibly high off of whatever medication his doctor gave him. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Delphi said:

Colton is sick af at the moment,  so that might have something to do with the difference in appearance.   Last night he posted a string of hilarious Instagram videos incredibly high off of whatever medication his doctor gave him. 

Yeah, I read he has walking pneumonia.  He's doing well to be walking.  

On 25.9.2018 at 2:03 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I dont know if it's the beard or makeup but I had to do a double take. His cheeks look a little bit plumper.

I do feel bad that he had to basically tell people that he gained weight and looks different because of that but every time I see a new picture of him my brain automatically goes: Why are his cheeks so plump? Did he get fillers and/or botox? I can't help myself. 

But he should definitely consider not using the guyliner. In my opinion, it doesn't do much for him (or any guy for the matter) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kymmi said:

Colton's been through a lot this year between his mom passing and the end of his marriage.  I give him a pass.

Honestly, I worry about his stress level.  Hope he has a great support system.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I feel so lost, what is #casschella, CA's birthday, another sponsoring gig, a very premature Halloween party? I don't get it. 

It’s her birthday. I don’t think it’s sponsored because there are no brand hashtags or obvious product placement pics. It seems to be a full weekend with lots of costume changes. 

Edited by Trisha

aishatyler The Jar went back in time together, even though we all know the 90s sucked the first time.

I wish The Jar had gotten stuck in the 90s and the members of it returned to present time and never mentioned that stupid inside joke in public ever again. 

Also, what is wrong with Stephen in the middle pic? It looks like his nose is trying to escape his face. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Also, what is wrong Stephen in the middle pic? It looks like his nose is trying to escape his face. 

? I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but now I can't unsee it. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

? I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but now I can't unsee it. 

Me too, awkward angle. (I hope).

That dinosaur costume is really cute. I don't want to check out the rest of Jar's SM, were any of the other cast there?

Full video of KL panel at Baltimore Comic Con yesterday (Sep. 29) - I only transcribed a few Arrow-related comments...

Katrina Law (Arrow, Spartacus) Panel - Baltimore Comic Con 2018
Published on Sep 30, 2018, by Fandom Spotlite

-- KL talked about the difference between shooting stunts for Arrow and shooting stunts for Spartacus, namely, Arrow is subject to union rules and legal restrictions. She said that SA is perfectly capable of doing all of his own stunts, but he isn't allowed to because of legal rules.

-- When she first auditioned for the Nyssa role, the code name used in the audition was "Greta" and the audition scene was with Oliver. She said that the audition sides were for "a very tumultuous scene, like, 'how dare you leave me?' and 'you're going to regret this,' and nyeh, scorned lover." So she did the scene and they asked her to return for a chemistry read. Then they told her that she was going to do a chemistry read "with this woman named Caity Lotz." When KL asked about when she was going to get the new sides, they told her just to use the same sides. She then asked if CL was playing her sister or friend, since the sides were for a scorned lover, and she was told to play the scene the "same exact way" as she did before. KL then asked if she was a lesbian, and they replied, "We can't tell you that." So she returned and did the scene with "this beautiful blonde-haired woman with these striking blue eyes." Even when she got the role, they still wouldn't tell her the character's identity. She and her comic book friends speculated that her role was Lady Shiva. But then TV Guide came out and spoiled that she was playing Nyssa al Ghul.

-- KL: "I knew there was a crazy fanbase. But you don't know how crazy and rabid this fanbase is until you're in it. And the best part is, it's infectious. So all of a sudden, you're like, 'no,' and then you get in these arguments that are like play arguments. Like, one of my favorite things about Arrow is messing with Olicity fans. (Laughs) And they let me troll them, so they're fine with it too. And most of of the time, it's a lot of fun... But yeah, the fans are great and I love it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2