Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

More about SA's upcoming "All In" wrestling match on Sep. 1st...

Christopher Daniels On What Fans Can Expect From Stephen Amell at ‘ALL IN’, Why WWE Fans Should Be Watching 0
BY NICK PAGLINO ON AUG 29, 2018
https://www.prowrestling.com/christopher-daniels-on-what-fans-can-expect-from-stephen-amell-at-all-in-why-wwe-fans-should-be-watching-the-event/

ROH star Christopher Daniels recently spoke with Sports Illustrated’s Extra Mustard ahead of his match against Stephen Amell at “ALL IN” on Saturday, and below are some interview highlights.
“I am going to prove to Stephen this is a lot harder than it looks,” said Daniels. “I plan to show him how hard it can be in a professional wrestling ring.”
On what fans can expect from Stephen Amell at “ALL IN”:

“I don’t expect him to be Lou Thesz, but the Stephen Amell you’ll see at All In is going to blow away the expectations,” said Daniels. “Still, the idea of winning at the first All In means a lot to me. I’ve always prided myself on being a great pro wrestler. That’s my game, that’s my music, and no one plays it better than me. You’re going to see Stephen Amell learn a crash course in Christopher Daniels 101 at All In.”

Edited by tv echo

If you're interested in watching SA's wrestling match tomorrow night (which, I'm assuming, will be part of the main card) - quite frankly, I'm going to wait until video of his match is posted for free somewhere...

How to Watch the All In Pay-Per-View
By CONNOR CASEY - August 30, 2018
https://comicbook.com/wwe/2018/08/30/how-to-watch-all-in-pay-per-view-start-time-full-card-wgn-fite-network/

Funded by Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks, the All In pay-per-view event will take place at the Sears Centre in the Chicago suburb of Hoffman Estates, Illinois on Saturday night.
Fans will have a number of options in how they watch the show. The first hour of the event, titled Zero Hour, will air on WGN America starting at 6 p.m. ET. The main card, beginning at 7 p.m., will be broadcast live on pay-per-view, the Fite TV app and Ring of Honor's live streaming service Honor Club.

The show will also be available for replay after the live broadcast on New Japan Pro Wrestling's streaming service, NJPW World.
Stephen Amell, star of the hit CW series Arrow, will compete in the first singles match of his career when he takes on Ring of Honor veteran Christopher Daniels.
In a recent interview with Comicbook.com, Rhodes explained how he convinced Amell to get back into the ring after competing in a tag team match at SummerSlam in 2015.

"Well, Stephen got it in his blood." Rhodes said. "The first time he came back, we were in Barkley Center when he did the match with Stardust. When he came to the curtain, he got a standing ovation. He got it in his blood, man. It doesn't matter what age you are, if you're a millionaire already, the feeling of pro wrestling for an entertainer, for a show person, there's nothing like it. And he wanted a singles match immediately after that. Immediately."

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

Of course it's fake. Real wrestling is what you see at the Olympics. 

hehe thanks! I thought it was some form of actual fighting minus the actual proper olympics rules instead of being scripted.

UPDATE: SA's match is indeed part of the main card...

ALL IN 2018: Matches Start time, Live stream Info & How and Where to Watch
Shiven Sachdeva   August 31, 2018
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/all-in-2018-matches-start-time-live-stream-info-how-and-where-to-watch

Main Card

• The Young Bucks and Kota Ibushi vs. Rey Mysterio, Rey Fenix and Bandido
  • Hangman Page vs. Joey Janela
  • Marty Scurll vs. Kazuchika Okada
  • Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell
  • Britt Bakers vs. Tessa Blanchard vs. Ashley Rayne vs. Chelsea Green
  • Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr.
  • Jay Lethal vs. The Winner of the Over Budget Battle Royale (Ring of Honor World Championship)
  • Nick Aldis(c) vs Cody (NWA Championship)

Day and Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018.
Start time: 6 PM ET / 3 PM PT
The pre-show will be broadcasted on WGN America, but the main show will be available only on PPV. However, the show can be live streamed on the Fite TV app, which will charge 40$.

NJPW World will also be showing the event later on, but won’t be streaming it live.

ALL IN 2018: Match Card And Predictions
By Darryl Edge  On Aug 31, 2018
https://culturedvultures.com/all-in-2018-match-card-and-predictions/

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS. STEPHEN AMELL
Yeah, you read that right. The lead actor from hit TV show Arrow, Stephen Amell, will be taking on former ROH Champion Christopher Daniels.

BTE viewers will be aware of the storyline here but, in short, Amell was initially arrested for killing Joey Ryan. It was later revealed that Daniels was responsible for framing Amell, leading to the match we have now.

Prediction: Amell is no stranger to a wrestling ring, having previously teamed with Cody Rhodes (then performing as Stardust) a few years back, with Rhodes acting as his trainer now. Whether this match will be a classic or not remains to be seen but if anyone can carry a match to be great, it’s a man with the experience of Christopher Daniels.

Edited by tv echo

One of the funniest arguments I’ve ever witnessed was between a wannabe wwe wrestler and an Olympic wrestler. 

“It is real! It is real!”

“I’m can’t be real if there’s a script!” 

• Love 3

Good RG interview - he talks about his previous acting roles, inspirations, thoughts on the #metoo movement, faith, insecurities, etc. (warning: also some minor Arrow spoilers, which are transcribed in the Spoilers thread))...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

It's so nice to see Mackenzie, while in the middle of running a show, having time to drop that and go to this event while she couldn't go to see her self-proclaimed best friend's play in Vancouver that ran for two weeks. Harrumpf. 

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

It's so nice to see Mackenzie, while in the middle of running a show, having time to drop that and go to this event while she couldn't go to see her self-proclaimed best friend's play in Vancouver that ran for two weeks. Harrumpf. 

It’s Saturday, though, right? No show work? Where is the wrestling being held? In LA?

Not to be judgey, but Carina does seem to be more than slightly obsessed with all things Stephen. She randomly name drops him a lot on Twitter and Instagram.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all that she’d drop Emily as a friend in a heartbeat if she ever had a reason to choose between them. 

Edited by kes0704
Spelling
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, kes0704 said:

She randomly name drops him a lot on Twitter and Instagram.

She's a classic starfucker, and she's hitched herself to him until she finds someone more famous to latch onto, and then she'll start posting flowery Instagram posts about how she can be her "authentic self" with her new group of friends. I'm sure if Stephen had been able to make it to Emily's play, Carina would've found a way to get there too. 

• Love 12

CM is a horrible garbage person, IMO, so I'm happy she didn't go to EBR's play. She can live up SA's a-hole all she wants tbh. They probably deserve each other. ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Also, I can’t believe the studio lets him do stuff like this:

Since it's all staged and rehearsed, I'm guessing that the argument would be that's it's not much different than just Arrow filming/rehearsal and is all double and triple checked, although I would love to be in the room with SA and his management team arguing this with the CW.

Ha, they should counter by making him carry EBR in 706 like with what (coincidentally yet unfortunately for SA) happened after he did ANW.

• Love 3

I can’t imagine crashing through tables, even stunt ones that designed to break easily, would be at all helpful to the back problems and pinched nerves that’s he had issues with in the past. 

• Love 4

This match was a lot longer than I expected...

Stephen Amell Entrance at ALL IN 2018.9.1
Published on Sep 2, 2018, by JeriCrow

ALL IN | Stephen Amell vs Christopher Daniels 01/09/18 ᴴᴰ
Published on Sep 1, 2018, by JP GameLunatic

Edited by tv echo

Brandon Routh mentioned Felicity twice during Saturday's "Arrowverse" panel at Dragon Con (this panel also included Tom Cavanagh and Victor Garber)...

-- BRouth: "I mean, I'm still a fan of Ray and Felicity."

-- In response to a fan's unintelligible question about Olicity ("... Olicity as someone as unintelligent..."), BRouth: "Thank you for, I guess, the kind of compliment that gives to Ray. I do not necessarily see it that way. Uh, but, look, you know, uh, Ray was probably - probably, probably - uh, not probably the best - uh, it's part of Ray's story, you know. It motivates him and inspires him to move forward and learn from that experience. Um, I don't actually remember what your question was." TCavanagh: "She was taking a shot at the other guy, leaving an opening for you to take a shot [at the other guy]." BRouth: "Yes, I know, the other guy... No, no shots... He helps a lot of people, um, in the city that I renamed... And I'm always - Ray's always there. I mean, it's just, uh, you know, it's whenever Felicity's ready... Based on right now. Unless, you know, I don't know what's going to happen with Nora."

Flash & Legneds[sic] Panel Dragon Con 2018 Reverse Flash Atom & Professor Stein - Arrowverse
Published on Sep 2, 2018, by jbwebtv

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

John Barrowman mentioned Felicity during Friday's Dragon Con panel titled "Arrowverse Cast: Heroes and Villains Summit"...

Barrowman, Garber, and Noble: Giants of Stage and Screen
By Kelly McCorkendale September 1, 2018 
http://dailydragon.dragoncon.org/dc2018/barrowman-garber-and-noble-giants-of-stage-and-screen/

When asked who in the Arrowverse they would love to come back as, Barrowman declared “Victor’s other half!” but played against Robbie Amell (who was Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm on The Flash).
On a more serious note, Barrowman said he would like to come back as Felicity, while Garber would return as his character. “I miss doing the show,” he said. “And I miss doing that character.” He admitted, however, that he can’t follow the plot and never knows where they are in the story or even, what set he was on during the crossover episode, or why he is in the story sometimes as the time travel aspect makes it hard to know whether he’s alive or dead. “It was hard to do, frankly,” he said of his character’s ultimate death. “Very, very emotional for me to leave the show.”

When asked about the reveal that Merlyn was Thea Queen’s father on Arrow, Barrowman described the moment his husband—Scott Gill—actually hatched the idea, instead of making him Oliver Queen’s father, which felt “very Darth Vader.” He would not, however, divulge the details of his photo op session attire, saying only that the look was created specifically for Dragon Con.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Some reviews of SA's All In wrestling match...

The 5 MVPs of All In
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/5-mvps-of-all-in-ss

#4 Stephen Amell
As a TV and Movie star, it would've been easy for Amell to rest on his laurels, and capitalize on his stardom as billionaire Oliver Queen, who moonlights as the emerald-clad superhero on CW's Arrow.

Instead, Amell has entered the world of Pro-Wrestling, and at All In, truly took it to the established Christopher Daniels.

It may not have been the best match of the night, but there's no denying that the Canadian actor went above and beyond to give the fans, both in Chicago and at home, a match worth watching.

All In 2018 Reaction and Post-Show Recap Review
https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/articles/all-in-2018-reaction-and-post-show-recap-review

Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell: I didn’t expect this to be the best match of the night or anything, as some leeway needs to be given to Amell for, you know, not being an actual wrestler. However, despite some of the sloppiness, this was better than I thought it would be. Nice coast-to-coast. Kudos for doing a table spot, too.

ALL IN Match Ratings, Podcast Notes From Sean Ross Sapp
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/all-match-ratings-podcast-notes-sean-ross-sapp

I love that Amell using Bullet Club's theme.
Amell really isn't that bad. He takes a back suplex moonsault style. Daniels gets an Arabian Press moonsault.

Amell doesn't have great instincts, but a lot of potential. He hits a modified Falcon Arrow for two.

Stephen gets a coast to coast, but can't get the win.

Amell is way too close to the corner on a BME.

Daniels baits Amell into jumping through a table ringside. Jerry Lynn throws both competitors back in the ring.

*  *  *|
Daniels wins with BME. Not a great match, but that was Stephen Amell's first singles match ever. If we're grading on a scale, that's an amazing first match.

Arrow’s Stephen Amell Shows Off Wrestling Moves at ALL IN PPV
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-stephen-amell-wrestling-moves-all-in-ppv/

Countless fans praised Amell on social media for how well he was able to hold his own in his first-ever singles match. Additionally, he was met with a positive response from the live crowd, receiving a particularly thunderous ovation upon successfully hitting Daniels with a Coast to Coast wrestling move.

Stephen Amell's table spot v Christopher Daniels at All In went badly wrong
https://www.givemesport.com/1382965-stephen-amells-table-spot-v-christopher-daniels-at-all-in-went-badly-wrong

No-one expected him to put on a technical masterpiece, but two moments in-particular got the Chicago crowd off their feet for the Green Arrow.

The first was an amazing Shane McMahon-esque coast to coast, catching Daniels square in the face with his two boots.

But when Amell took to the top rope again as the 'Fallen Angel' lay prone on a table outside the ring, it wouldn't end so positive. Daniels rolled out of the way, and Amell crashed through the table by himself.

Views From The Turnbuckle: ALL IN Review, Star Ratings And Analysis On The Indie Show For The Ages
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0902/645424/views-from-the-turnbuckle-all-in-review/

Stephen Amell vs Christopher Daniels: **

This was a very strange match. A lot of times when celebrities are involved in wrestling matches, they stand on the apron and tease coming in, before getting a quick hot tag and doing a couple of spots and then are involved in the finish. In this match, Amell was acknowledged as an actor, but was presented in the match like he was any other guy on the show; and it was assumed he had a lot of experience. The match was sloppy, as they tried to do a legitimate wrestling match and as good as Daniels is, Amell is a novice. I'll give him credit though, he tried a lot of stuff and took a bunch of big bumps, and he hit the big spots like the coast-to-coast and the dive through the table. It was as good as could be expected.

Edited by tv echo

I just discovered that MG was at Terrifcon a few weeks ago (August 17-19, 2018), in Uncasville, CT - here's his interview at that con...

Marc Guggenheim Interview from Terrificon 2018
Published on Aug 20, 2018, by Michael Bendtsen

-- On what was the mindset or thought process on creating Arrow in 2012, MG: "Three things really, uh, were our guiding principles. Don't screw it up. Don't screw it up. Don't screw it up. Honestly, like, we were just coming off - Greg Berlanti and I were just coming off the experience of Green Lantern, where we basically lost control of the project. And we really, you know, were, like, we're going to maintain as close control to this as possible. And if it goes down, at least - it's going to go down at least now on our vision, versus someone else's vision. And to that end, we were like, we really don't want to screw this up. So, just at every turn, making choices, we were like, 'Okay, what's the truest, you know, thing to the character? What's the thing that excites us the most?' Because we really approached it from the standpoint of fans, uh, of us being fans, not the other fans... We always go, like, 'We're the first fans to experience this. What do we think is cool? What excites us?' ... If you do that, usually you turn out okay. Usually, not always... because it's hard. It takes a lot of different people and a lot of planets to align, to make anything work, much less something as ambitious as a superhero show where there's a lot of moving parts. It's not as simple as like - you know, I've worked on shows where, at the end of the day, it was two people in a room talking to each other. That's a lot easier than these shows."

-- On whether they wanted from Day One to create this expanded universe with Flash, Legends and Supergirl, MG: "No, from Day One, we were like, 'Let's make the pilot not suck.'...  And once we got the pilot on the air, it was, 'Let's make episode 2 not suck.'... I don't think it was until, like, middle of Season 1 of Arrow that Greg started to get the idea to do a Flash series. Um, but even then, I don't think he was envisioning this massive universe that we now have. I think that sort of turned out to be somewhat accidental. Even, like, Legends of Tomorrow, for example, really came about because, you know, all of us independently were looking around and going, 'Wow, there actually are now enough characters to field an entire superhero team.' Um, but that really sort of snuck up on all of us... It wasn't this planned thing. I wish we could say, like, 'Oh, we were building to the Avengers.' We weren't. We were just - honestly, just trying to do the shows and not make them suck."

-- On whether it is difficult working while the DC movies are going on and when they get curveballs thrown at them (like Suicide Squad) or whether they view it as more of a challenge to do their own take on it, MG: "Honestly, I don't think it's that hard... We really don't think about the movies. We've got our own thing. And, like I said, it's hard enough... We actually do deal with a lot of curveballs, like, legitimate curveballs, like, where, you know, episodes don't come in well, or an actor gets sick and we have to write around that, or the weather screws everything up and, like, the whole scene is now in the rain... Day to day, we have to deal with real - like, real curveballs. Something like, 'Hey, they're doing a Suicide Squad movie,' that's not a curveball, that's super easy."

-- On the casting for all the Arrowverse shows, MG: "David Rapaport and Lindsey Baldasare. Like, they are two casting gurus. They've been literally part of the operation since Day One of Arrow. Um the very first person they ever brought in for any of us to see was Stephen Amell. Um, and they just get it. Like, they get it. They bring us amazing choices. They always know exactly, like, who's available and who's the right fit. What's really, I think, wonderful also - and this is just this wonderful little side benefit is, they're all really nice people... That sort of becomes this virtuous cycle, because when I'm talking to an actor and I'm trying to entice them to be on one of the shows, I will often say, 'One of the benefits is, you're going to be working with all these nice people.' So nice people attract nice people... But David and Lindsey, they just - I don't know how they do it, because they have been doing it for so long, so consistently, on so many shows - they're just geniuses. They make our lives - they make us look good."

-- MG: "One thing we all realized, you know, pretty much, I think, after Supergirl joined The CW and it became four shows - we realized, in order for all these shows to co-exist, they all have to have their own distinct voices. You know, you shouldn't get the same viewing experience out of Legends that you do out of Flash, and, you know, Supergirl out of Arrow."

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Some reviews of SA's All In wrestling match...

The 5 MVPs of All In
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/5-mvps-of-all-in-ss

All In 2018 Reaction and Post-Show Recap Review
https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/articles/all-in-2018-reaction-and-post-show-recap-review

ALL IN Match Ratings, Podcast Notes From Sean Ross Sapp
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/all-match-ratings-podcast-notes-sean-ross-sapp

Arrow’s Stephen Amell Shows Off Wrestling Moves at ALL IN PPV
https://www.cbr.com/arrow-stephen-amell-wrestling-moves-all-in-ppv/

Stephen Amell's table spot v Christopher Daniels at All In went badly wrong
https://www.givemesport.com/1382965-stephen-amells-table-spot-v-christopher-daniels-at-all-in-went-badly-wrong

Views From The Turnbuckle: ALL IN Review, Star Ratings And Analysis On The Indie Show For The Ages
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0902/645424/views-from-the-turnbuckle-all-in-review/

I don't think I understand how wrestling is viewed at all.  (Actually, I don't understand why anyone would VIEW wrestling at all but that's a different story).  Some of the reviews frame it as real while others mention some made up grudge that Daniels framed him for murder???  What the hell?  And saying the table jump didn't go well is silly when we all know everyone prefers he hit is hard and miss the slam so why not praise him instead of pretending to say too bad? 

Also, the damage done to SA's body is SOOOOO not worth it.  Frankly, he's too old to do this as a hobby.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Also, the damage done to SA's body is SOOOOO not worth it.  Frankly, he's too old to do this as a hobby.  

It's not even that he's too old IMO, it's that he's had issues with recovering from injuries multiple times now. I couldn't help but flinch at the video or gif someone posted of him practicing for it or posting psych out footage. My instant reaction was that couldn't be good for his knees. 

• Love 4

"Three things really, uh, were our guiding principles. Don't screw it up. Don't screw it up. Don't screw it up. Honestly, like, we were just coming off - Greg Berlanti and I were just coming off the experience of Green Lantern, where we basically lost control of the project. And we really, you know, were, like, we're going to maintain as close control to this as possible. And if it goes down, at least - it's going to go down at least now on our vision, versus someone else's vision. And to that end, we were like, we really don't want to screw this up. So, just at every turn, making choices, we were like, 'Okay, what's the truest, you know, thing to the character? What's the thing that excites us the most?' Because we really approached it from the standpoint of fans, uh, of us being fans, not the other fans... We always go, like, 'Were the first fans to experience this. What do we think is cool? What excites us?' ... If you do that, usually you turn out okay. Usually, not always... because it's hard. It takes a lot of different people and a lot of planets to align, to make anything work, much less something as ambitious as a superhero show where there's a lot of moving parts. It's not as simple as like - you know, I've worked on shows where, at the end of the day, it was two people in a room talking to each other. That's a lot easier than these shows."

My first thought was, really?  I'll accept they did they "truest thing to the character" for Oliver but for Laurel Lance?  Was that really what they thought who she was at her core?  My second thought was, oh, I see you are blaming what didn't work on someone else.  The thing about planets aligning also read as them pointing to stuff out of their control.  Between the two, yeah, I think they had casting regrets.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think I understand how wrestling is viewed at all.  (Actually I don't understand why anyone would VIEW wrestling at all but that's a differnt story).  Some of the reviews frame it as real while others mention some made up grudge that Daniels framed him for murder???  What the hell?  And saying the table jump didn't go well is silly when we all know everyone prefers he hit is hard and miss the slam so why not praise him instead of pretending to say too bad? 

It's both TBH. They do real stunts that are scripted.  My ex was a wrestler as in Greco-Roman, high school, college and freestyle. My brother was a wrestler as well, so I spent more hours than I can say watching wrestling.  So the moves are not the same other than some things like basic holds and trying to pin the opponent. They don't hit each other either.

To me, "WWE" style "wrestling" is just entertainment. The "wrestlers" are all actors really and they create these characters, the Hero, the Villain, the Heel, etc.  It's all a big comic book story in a way. They basically are extended stunts with stories so to that end it's both "real" and fake...kind of like "reality" shows that are scripted but not 100% so. 

I actually learned a lot about how it works from the Netflix series "GLOW" which is terrific BTW.  It's about the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling and the first season was fantastic. Haven't seen the 2nd yet though. I hope that helps.  I don't like it myself but I understand the appeal for some folks. It's not my cuppa that's for sure.

• Love 1

I get the strange line between fiction and reality that Professional Wrestling exists in - real physically demanding stunts with manufactured grudges and predetermined endings (and often everything in the middle as well) but it confused me the way viewers and reviewers suspend belief when talking about it.  I get doing that if you were recapping the story part but the actual critique of the fight it seems strange to pretend that the table slam wasn't a success.   

It occurs to me that perhaps Professional Wrestling is what some would ultimately prefer to see when it comes to their comic book stories, cutting out all the "filler" aka the story and just see the stunts.  

• Love 1

Interesting podcast interview with James R. Tuck (author of Arrow: Fatal Legacies) from earlier this year...

James R Tuck Interivew: Capes and Lunatics Book Club #10
Streamed live on Apr 24, 2018, by Capes and Lunatics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t14KRtUvP5g

-- On co-writing Arrow: Fatal Legacies with MG, James R. Tuck: "Normally, when you're writing a tie-in novel, you're writing a side story, like a pocket story off the side that may or may not be canon. It really depends on how involved it's going to be. Usually, it's not canon. This book specifically covers the incidents between the end of Season 5 and the beginning of Season 6. The only way I would know those things is with Marc Guggenheim's help. So he provided the outline, which was fairly detailed, but still left tons of stuff to fill in. So he was, I guess, the co-writer in that sense. But, like, all of the actual words were written by me on the page."

-- On how he got the Arrow book job, JRT: "I have another series through the publisher and I had mentioned to my editor that I was interested in doing some tie-in work. And when this came along, uh, he put me in the slot."

-- On whether he was a fan of Arrow at the time, JRT: "Oh yeah, I love the show. And I've been a comic book fan since - the comic book was the first thing I ever read."

-- On whether it was easier or harder to write the book with MG's outline and being a fan of Arrow, JRT: "It was actually incredibly easy to write because I'm - again, I'm a big fan of the show, so, uh, I'm completely caught up on everything. I've watched it all as it happened. Uh, I'm in. Like, I'm on board with this stuff. I know how comic books work. I know how superheroes work. So it was incredibly fun and easy to write, and then with Marc giving me the events. And Marc was super easy to work with, 'cause he's like, 'I just kinda like - we need these things to happen. We don't care how they happen.' So I got so much leeway inside of that. The hardest part was doing the constant checking on the Arrow Wiki to make sure I wasn't violating something that had already happened or anything like that."

-- JRT: "I didn't have to stop and go, 'Would Oliver do this?' But what I had to do was, after I wrote something, I had to stop and go back and make sure it had not already been done. Because you have five seasons of dialogue between these characters. What seems like an obvious conversation between, say, Oliver and Felicity for me may have already happened in Season 2 and I was forgetting it, just channeling it in my own version. So I had to make sure that none of that happened."

-- On whether he had a favorite character to write for, JRT: "I was very, very happy that they let me have Sara and put her in this book... It was nice to touch on that in the book, like, to really kind of visit the fact that this woman Sara, not only is she completely badass on her own, but she is intimate with Oliver in a way that most people are not. And so it was a good way to insight into why he was doing some of the things that he was doing. I was very happy to work with her and put her in the book." 

-- JRT is the one who's responsible for the inclusion of Sara in this Arrow book. He asked if he could expand the cast of characters for the book and they asked him who he wanted to add. He said: "Give me White Canary." And they told him: "No problem."

-- JRT said that he is very interested in writing a tie-in novel for LoT, especially after the end of last season, but he doesn't know if Titans has the rights to LoT books. He knows that they have the rights to Arrow and Flash books. He also said that Titans doesn't have the tie-in book rights to Supergirl.

-- On the hardest character for him to write for, JRT: "The villain was a little tough. I didn't have a lot to go on with him because, as much as he kinda played into the story, he didn't really play much into Season 6, so Marc didn't have a lot for me to go on with him. Um, so that was a lot of kind of making up my own stuff. But the hardest character - I kinda struggled a little bit with Lance, but he wasn't that bad. The struggle I had was more that, uh, Sara and Lance were really easy to write together, and him and Dinah were really easy to write together. But then writing the reactions between Sara and Dinah and Lance became difficult, because, to me, Sara would obviously be like, 'So, Dad, are you and Dinah like...' (makes 'click' sound). And then CW was like, 'You can't ask that, we don't want that to even be mentioned.'" The podcasters laughed and joked about Dinah having chemistry with both Lance and Diggle. On the Lance-Dinah chemistry, JRT: "I thought it was super obvious, but they were like, 'We don't even want to imply that.' I'm like, 'Okay.'" 

-- On whether there was a "mandate for action" because the book has a lot of action scenes, JRT: "That was not a mandate, but Marc was like, 'I want to do things in this book that we can't afford to do on TV.'  Like, he wanted the helicopter chase, and I'm like, 'I can't figure out how to put anybody in that helicopter'... But he was like, 'If you could do like a chase where they fight on a car carrier, ' and I'm like, 'I can open with that, no problem.' ... But no, I like to write action. Most of the stuff that I write has action in it, and I think I do it fairly well."

-- JRT: "I love Bludhaven... I put as much Bludhaven in Arrow: Fatal Legacies as I could. Like, I had the one character that came from Bludhaven and was talking about how Bludhaven works."

-- One of the podcasters wanted a tie-in solo novel about Adrian Chase.

-- JRT said that he also watches Agents of SHIELD but did not get into Gotham. He's also watched most of the Marvel superhero shows, but he's not caught up on Punisher or Jessica Jones Season 2 yet because he's doesn't have the time to binge-watch right now. He also loves Black Lightning. He said that he'd love to write any of those characters. He would also love to write John Constantine. JRT said that he would also love to write for TV.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

It's not even that he's too old IMO, it's that he's had issues with recovering from injuries multiple times now. I couldn't help but flinch at the video or gif someone posted of him practicing for it or posting psych out footage. My instant reaction was that couldn't be good for his knees. 

I just keep thinking about that wrestler who snapped and murdered his family and when they dissected his brain it turns out he had the brain of an 89 year old dementia patient.   Like, dude,  you already do stunts,  we know you do stunts,  stop trying to kill yourself. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

I just keep thinking about that wrestler who snapped and murdered his family and when they dissected his brain it turns out he had the brain of an 89 year old dementia patient.   Like, dude,  you already do stunts,  we know you do stunts,  stop trying to kill yourself. 

It was one thing when he first did it because that was I guess his fantasy.  And I even thought I got it when he played around with it last year, kind of helping bolster up a new wrestling group and get a bit more fun in.  But this one made less sense to me because like when is he going to stop?  And now he's lost once so does that mean that he will feel the need to go back again and "prove" himself.  Which of course is silly since they decide who wins ahead of time.

I did find if kind of funny how they dressed him and how well he looked the part of the villain this time, lol.  I knew from seeing that first shot of him in the black(dark green?) leather dude was not walking away with the glory.   Good thing Oliver is still in prison.  Any bruises they can just write into the story.  

• Love 1

Looks like EBR stayed far away from the All In stuff this weekend:

Despite all the mayo shenanigans and her weird habit of jumping into rando’s comments to defend her friends, I’ve always liked Aisha. It’s nice that a portion of her NP wine is going to charity:

This amuses me on so many different levels. I'm also curious to know why now? I hope it's because he knows there's interesting Olicity stuff coming down the pike and he wants to see the fan reaction. Or maybe he just loves Olicity gifs as much as the rest of us.

• Love 8

He’s gonna have to weed out a lot of non-Olicity crap following that tag. I swear most of it is not related to Olicity at all. People seem to tag all the shows, actors and characters in photos that have nothing to do with them. Also, is that real? Because I follow him on Instagram and I do not see that.