Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

He used to do Q&A's regularly, so I'm guessing this is his thing that he wants to get back to, and not network mandated. 

There hasn't been a desperate grab to win people back yet-the talking points from the EP's prove that. So if they haven't course corrected in interviews with outlets that get traction, not sure why the network would make Stephen do it on Facebook. 

• Love 4

I still say it's too early for any serious course corrections. Little adjustments maybe, but not anything to affect the next episodes. And I don't see the point in them changing how they talk if it isnt something we see right away. That could just tick some off more.

This is all assuming they will/are making adjustments. Ratings may have dropped but the show isn't in danger. The focus group may have come back positive and they just chalk the ratings to normal progression. 

Another option (and this would be the nice optimistic one), the focus group wants more OTA, Olicity and Felicity and they don't need to adjust because it's already in the works.

• Love 1

SA posted a video of him working out with RG yesterday. Given the lukewarm reception to Wild Dog, I'm guessing that might've been network requested. I'm not saying they asked him to do a workout video specifically but I think it's possible they asked him to hype Wild Dog and the actor and SA's just doing it his way. IDK? I can't imagine them requesting a Q&A though.

At this point I don't think they're going to woo anyone back or get many new viewers. Their fanbase is pretty much set now, IMO. And as they're renewed already, I don't think they care either.

• Love 3

My point was more that the network likely wouldn't be demanding SA to do Q&A's to rally the fanbase or whatever when there aren't any new talking points. He's probably going to talk about what's coming up in the same way the EP's do. If they aren't saying anything different, why would he? 

Seems like if anything it's a move on his part to reach out to fans he might feel like are slipping away since he'll need them outside of Arrow, and that the regular Q&A's are something he wants to do to engage fans, not something he's being asked to do by CW execs. 

• Love 5

IIRC, he actually said at Nerd HQ that he wanted to "utilize" his fan base to do the projects he wants and can control. (There are rumors that he is getting NO callbacks on movies he's read for.)   In order to do that you have to be marketable.  He's made some faux pas in the last year that may have done some damage to the "Amell" brand based on things I've read elsewhere.  He also needs to increase his fan base if he wants to keep going to that well for money. His social media presence lately has been all about "Shop Nocking Point's facebook page" similiar to KC's "Shop my Insta"

As cynical as that all sounds, I do think SA enjoys interacting with fans.  Q&A's is one way to do it as he's not doing quite as many cons as he has in the past or so it seems.   

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

SA posted a video of him working out with RG yesterday. Given the lukewarm reception to Wild Dog, I'm guessing that might've been network requested. I'm not saying they asked him to do a workout video specifically but I think it's possible they asked him to hype Wild Dog and the actor and SA's just doing it his way. IDK? I can't imagine them requesting a Q&A though.

• Love 1

Pics and full audio of SA/DR panel at Wizard World New Orleans on Jan. 8 (audio recording is 32:55 min. long, I only transcribed some portions that were not previously posted in this thread)...

ComicCon-ing: Arrow Panel at Wizard World New Orleans
Posted on January 10, 2017 by Kurt from Nola Nerd Couple
https://nolanerdcouple.com/2017/01/10/comiccon-ing-arrow-panel-at-wizard-world-new-orleans/

-- On their most challenging, craziest fight scene, SA mentioned his 309 duel with Ra's al Ghul because he's "not a swordsman" and "it was freezing cold."  DR mentioned his S1 fight with China White because her stunt double was an acrobat from the circus, she was "really fast" and he "wasn't." 

-- SA talked about how he now learns fight scenes for the show. Bamford's team will tell him about the piece coming up and that he needs to learn 8 moves. He'll then learn those moves and they'll shoot the scene. SA: 

"I've got a great John Wick-inspired scene coming up on the show, like in, uh - I want to say episode 11, 12...ish, with me and... Talia."

-- SA talked a little about his WWE fight with Cody Rhodes. It was a "top 10 moment" for him.

-- Fan gave a shout-out to Blue Bloods, which DR is on.

-- DR again jokingly, sarcastically thanked Barry Allen for giving Diggle a son now instead of a daughter.

-- SA:

"We have an episode coming up called Bratva, where the team goes back to Russia. The whole team." DR: "Whoa, whoa."

-- On whether we'll see any more characters with a Russian background pop up, SA:

"In the back half, we are meeting Talia al Ghul."

-- On reading the 509 script and finding out that Laurel was coming back, SA: "It's a good thing, you know, that that was our 101st episode. It's a really good thing that I still read the scripts and go, 'Whoaa!' Like that. And I had no idea. No one was talking to me, and I immediately e-mailed the producers and was like, 'end of 509, laurel, question mark, exclamation point, question mark, exclamation point, question mark, exclamation point.'  And, uh, they explained it and that's a pretty cool story arc."

-- In response to fan saying he really wanted Prometheus to be Tommy and asking for a teaser as to Prometheus' identity, DR: "That would be dope actually." SA:

"That would be dope. Yeah, that would be really cool. That would be really cool. No." Mod: "You gotta tune in, you gotta tune in."

(I interpreted SA's "No" response as refusing to give the requested teaser or any spoilers about Prometheus. But, just to be safe, I added spoiler tags.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

It's funny. I find SA's work out videos the most boring thing ever, yet I really appreciate it when people gif them.

Also, Rick Gonzales seems to be working out 24/7. I've seen his photos in the gym with SA, EK and Josh Segarra in as many days.

Yay. Thank you. I've really missed PB's BTS photos. EBR's leggins under the dress are hilarious. And now I really wish there was time for a quick Felicity/Sara scene. Sara: So, are you here with someone?

16105602_615205145357311_291143299994412

• Love 7

Who knows what their filming schedule was. Would Lance have come to his daughter's wedding in his uniform? There was no in-story emergency from which he might have had to rush over. I just thought his scene at the precinct was filmed near this, so he decided to stop by still in costume.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

That video is crazy! I am the last person to want her to be BC but it would be awesome to see what she could do if she were in a fighting role.

No kidding!

1 hour ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Emily Bett is a strong one. They are foolish to not showcase her.

I still don't want Felicity to be a ninja warrior but I'd love it if some villain version of the Human Target pretended to be her so we could see EB doing a bunch of awesome physical stunts.  Or maybe briefly get injected with a super serum.  Hey, on this show we should be able to make this happen.  

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I think they know what she can do and they didn't want her to upstage anyone. So that's why they stuck her with just doing stunts here and there.

Well, it's not like EBR has stunt training, lol.   She has great strength training and I've always been impressed with the stunts and action stuff she's done, but they probably just don't plan for it since Felicity isn't supposed to be that athletically inclined.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I still don't want Felicity to be a ninja warrior but I'd love it if some villain version of the Human Target pretended to be her so we could see EB doing a bunch of awesome physical stunts.  Or maybe briefly get injected with a super serum.  Hey, on this show we should be able to make this happen.  

These are both terrific suggestions. The Human Target is already here for the first and as for the second, well, I wouldn't mind a Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3 scenario.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bijoux said:

Who knows what their filming schedule was. Would Lance have come to his daughter's wedding in his uniform? There was no in-story emergency from which he might have had to rush over. I just thought his scene at the precinct was filmed near this, so he decided to stop by still in costume.

It is his dress uniform. It's not completely uncommon for people to where their dress blues when they belong to military or other civil service agency. It does save on the costume budget, as opposed to finding tuxes. But I honestly can't remember most of scenes of the 100th episode.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, bijoux said:

These are both terrific suggestions. The Human Target is already here for the first and as for the second, well, I wouldn't mind a Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3 scenario.

Yes, let her fight some bad guys. I wonder if we would get the same dudebro meltdown as we did when Pepper defeated the Mandarin/Killian.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I hear Iceland is gorgeous - though not sure winter would be the best season to visit.  

I went to Iceland in February to see the northern lights, and it is not a good time to visit. I've never been so cold in my entire life. We took a guided hike on a glacier and the wind was actually knocking people over, haha.

• Love 2

I've been both winter and summer solstice.  I recommend the 24 hours of sunlight part.  It is a crazy gorgeous place to see.

I miss the Colton Haynes/Emily Bett social media posts - they were highly entertaining.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Those comments were brutal towards SA. I even saw some of the same on his Meme Monday post on Facebook. 

I'm debating on whether I actually want to know, but...what happened this last weekend that has made everyone so mad at him?

• Love 3

From what I'm seeing, its in regards to a Facebook post about his political views. It was very middle of the road .... I guess? He said he wasn't a fan of Trump (and couldn't understand how he made it to President - paraphrase) but did say he couldn't understand wanting any President to fail because it would be bad for the country. It seems some were upset he didn't make big bold condemning statements.

This is why I hate politics.  Kind of seems like Stephen's perspective is rather refreshing in what can only be described as a toxic environment right now.  I'm not a Trump fan by any stretch of the imagination but why people can't express the hope that he does right by the country without getting piled on for not contributing to the toxicity is beyond me. 

• Love 4

I could be totally wrong here but I thought it started when he was making jokes about watching/not watching the inauguration? And then he started quoting some of the replies he received in response to that and those people ended up receiving a ton of hate. I think it was just exacerbated by his reluctance to take a stand and how he's reserving judgment on Trump. Of course SA is a straight, white privileged male. He can afford to do that. Not everyone else can.

And I'm leaving it there because I don't think talk on politics is allowed. Also, I get changry.

• Love 8

I didn't see anything regarding the political post he made, but I made sure to stay out of those comments - lol. The stuff I saw was about his kid being sick and karaoke. What that is referring to, I don't know, but people seemed really upset about it.

Just now, calliope1975 said:

I didn't see anything regarding the political post he made, but I made sure to stay out of those comments - lol. The stuff I saw was about his kid being sick and karaoke. What that is referring to, I don't know, but people seemed really upset about it.

I have no idea about the his kid being sick (how people even know about that is something I'd rather not know) but his wife posted photos of them out at karaoke (a bachelorette party according to the caption). I stayed out of the comment section on Facebook now for any type of political post no matter how vague it is about politics because I can't handle the stupidity of some people. 

With SA, I think because he is Canadian and talking about how "let's wait and see" about the Trump presidency it bothers some people because if the worst happens, he can just move back up to Canada and continue to live his life. Not everyone has that option, and not everyone is okay waiting to see. Also, I am bothered whenever a fellow Canadian would chose to be American over staying Canadian. Because pride and whatnot, and yeah, Canada has its issues but still! Be proud to be Canadian Amell!! 

• Love 2