Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Zalyn

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Recommended Posts

Just now, Sunshine said:

FYI, I wasn't calling KC an asshole. I was simply pointing out that if she is being scrubbed that another panel might be affected.  I don't care for KC so I actually try not to discuss her.

I think that was directed towards me :p

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, wonderwall said:

What are you talking about, SHE HAS SOME C-D RATED MOVIES COMING OUT SOON!!!! So clearly she isn't living SOLELY off Cons lol

It's pretty good considering plenty people thought she couldn't find work 4 months after the show went on hiatus. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

She didn't crash alone did she? And do we even know the dvds were discussed with the talent beforehand? Because it doesn't seem so.....

But she is the one who delayed the DVDs in the first place already for 7 months because she wanted more money. And if they delayed for such a long time is because she did not give a definite negative answer. 

If you are not giving the OK for the cons to use your image, stop crashing other panels. Its really too bad for her because her time on the CW is done, she better snatch some role during pilot season. 

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

Quick question, how did we find out KC was edited being out? Con attendees?

Yes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

It's pretty good considering plenty people thought she couldn't find work 4 months after the show went on hiatus. 

IDK if it's good considering that bar is incredibly incredibly low. IMO her projects are exactly what I thought she was going to be doing. C-D rated movies (a lot of horror movies), a few guest star appearances in some shows etc. Which I think is a sign of an actress that's past her prime.  

 But ymmv.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Actually some people were right about KC and her projects. I said a long time ago she would just go to the same straight to tv films she was used to do doing. It's not like anything she's been in she's been the lead or even remembered for. Except for maybe Supernatural. 

For someone who takes herself so seriously and her craft you would think she'd be in at least a few oscar nominated movies. Maybe she just doesn't have good taste. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Unless they all stumble into or get a break out role in a movie or non CW television I'd not be surprised if all the Flarrow actors and actresses will end up in obscure straight to DVDs projects and Tele movies. 

Blake Lively is probably the only CW actresses who's been able to get career mileage and that was really due to a who you know

Edited by LeighAn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I always wonder if they have doomed themselves by signing up for a CW show. Would they be better off starving for a few years until they land something on a more respectable network.

I have no idea how the industry works but I wonder if being on a CW show gives you bad rep! 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Unless they all stumble into or get a break out role in a movie or non CW television I'd not be surprised if all the Flarrow actors and actresses will end up in obscure straight to DVDs projects and Tele movies. 

Blake Lively is probably the only CW actresses who's been able to get career mileage and that was really due to a who you know

I think I'd out Sophia Bush on that list too... But yeah, you're right. Not many cw actors or actresses live on to have flourishing careers. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Unless they all stumble into or get a break out role in a movie or non CW television I'd not be surprised if all the Flarrow actors and actresses will end up in obscure straight to DVDs projects and Tele movies. 

Blake Lively is probably the only CW actresses who's been able to get career mileage and that was really due to a who you know

Well EBR from the new crew I think is the only one who has been in an oscar nominated film, Brooklyn.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Well EBR from the new crew I think is the only one who has been in an oscar nominated film, Brooklyn.

I loved the movie Brooklyn and EBR in it but that was definitely not a break out role.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Erica Durrance is doing okay, her show Saving Hope is going into it's 5th season now, and Kristen Kreuk just finished Beauty and the Beast. Does Dawson's Creek count?  Cuz Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams have done very well and Meredith Monroe and Busy Phillips have decent careers.

Unfortunately, the business is a crap shoot, and talent and hard work aren't enough to get you an A list career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

But she is the one who delayed the DVDs in the first place already for 7 months because she wanted more money. And if they delayed for such a long time is because she did not give a definite negative answer. 

If you are not giving the OK for the cons to use your image, stop crashing other panels. Its really too bad for her because her time on the CW is done, she better snatch some role during pilot season. 

Yes. 

Not giving her ok for conS? What other cons has she not given her image for for a video that was approached AFTER she did the con? Where is it even said that she is the reason why it was delayed for so long? How about the con do its job at the beginning then they wouldnt be in this situation. Crashing a panel before you even know what they doing to distribute is only the cons fault.  

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

IDK if it's good considering that bar is incredibly incredibly low. IMO her projects are exactly what I thought she was going to be doing. C-D rated movies (a lot of horror movies), a few guest star appearances in some shows etc. Which I think is a sign of an actress that's past her prime.  

 But ymmv.

Yes because a full year hasnt even gone by since she left the show but she's already done 2 movies and guest spot. Her career is fine at the moment. If I didn't know any better, I thought she was off of Arrow for 5 years by now.

1 hour ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Actually some people were right about KC and her projects. I said a long time ago she would just go to the same straight to tv films she was used to do doing. It's not like anything she's been in she's been the lead or even remembered for. Except for maybe Supernatural. 

For someone who takes herself so seriously and her craft you would think she'd be in at least a few oscar nominated movies. Maybe she just doesn't have good taste. 

How many CW stars go on to star in Oscar nominated movies? Actors in general are serious about their craft. Even my ultimate fave SMG didn't really go on to oscar nominated movies after Buffy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not giving her ok for conS? What other cons has she not given her image for for a video that was approached AFTER she did the con? Where is it even said that she is the reason why it was delayed for so long? How about the con do its job at the beginning then they wouldnt be in this situation. Crashing a panel before you even know what they doing to distribute is only the cons fault.  

Yes because a full year hasnt even gone by since she left the show but she's already done 2 movies and guest spot. Her career is fine at the moment. If I didn't know any better, I thought she was off of Arrow for 5 years by now.

I'm honestly just incredibly confused as to why she'd say no to the con in the first place considering she's the only one to do so and that the people who were there already saw her panels so a video wouldn't make a difference. She's an actress, wouldn't she like more exposure? It's not like the panels were peaking into her personal life. 

Also, I did say Ymmv. To me, I don't think an actor doing movies that struggle to get distributors and ones that go straight to DVDs is a good look which I'm sure casting directors take note of. So yeah I wouldn't really say her career is fine. It'd be a different story if she played small roles on larger, more successful movies though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I loved the movie Brooklyn and EBR in it but that was definitely not a break out role.

Never said it was but, she did work with the director who wanted to do more work with her.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Well EBR from the new crew I think is the only one who has been in an oscar nominated film, Brooklyn.

Melissa Benoist was in Whiplash, although I suppose she was not on the CW at the time.

Share this post


Link to post

CBS, CW & Showtime - TCA Winter Press Tour 2017 Schedule and Panel Guests
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/cbs-cw-showtime-tca-winter-press-tour.html

SUNDAY, JANUARY 8

9:00-9:30AM    CW Executive Session - Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW

9:45-10:15AM    CW "Riverdale" - cast + Greg Berlanti

11:15-11:45AM    CW Behind the Heroes: The Visual Effects of The CW's DC Series - Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Armen Kevorkian (Senior Visual Effects Supervisor, Flash/Supergirl/LoT), Geoff Garret (Co-Producer, Flash/LoT), Jennifer Lence (Co-Producer, Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/LoT), Jon Wallace (Co-Producer, Arrow), Joanie Woehler (Co-Producer, Supergirl) and Andrew Bardusk (Digital Effects Supervisor, Arrow)

ETA: Posted this before I saw Velocity23's post in the Mind Your Surroundings thread.

Edited by tv echo

Share this post


Link to post

Tomorrow (Sunday) will be a busy day...

Television Critics Association (TCA) 2017 Winter Press Tour, January 5-18, 2017 (Pasadena, CA)
-- CW Executive Session - Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW - Jan. 8, at 9am local time
-- CW Behind the Heroes: The Visual Effects of The CW's DC Series - includes Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Armen Kevorkian (Senior Visual Effects Supervisor, Flash/Supergirl/LoT), Geoff Garret (Co-Producer, Flash/LoT), Jennifer Lence (Co-Producer, Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/LoT), Jon Wallace (Co-Producer, Arrow), Joanie Woehler (Co-Producer, Supergirl) and Andrew Bardusk (Digital Effects Supervisor, Arrow) - Jan. 8, at 11:15am local time
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/cbs-cw-showtime-tca-winter-press-tour.html

Wizard World's New Orleans Comic Con, January 6-8, 2017 (New Orleans, LA)
-- Joint Panel with Stephen Amell and David Ramsey - Sun., Jan. 8, at 12pm local time
http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/neworleans

Edited by tv echo

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not giving her ok for conS? What other cons has she not given her image for for a video that was approached AFTER she did the con? Where is it even said that she is the reason why it was delayed for so long? How about the con do its job at the beginning then they wouldnt be in this situation. Crashing a panel before you even know what they doing to distribute is only the cons fault.  

She was withholding her image for the the con to use for their DVDs. Just like she was withholding her image for the show to use in s5 until they gave her that cheap contract.  But unlike the show KC did not have something to hold over the heads of con organizers so they didn't cave.  Funnily enough it went without problems last year when she wasn't a part of the con. But in the end her actions will screw over her own fans and also everybody else who was part of the con. 

But then Katie Cassidy managed to cause issues with every European con in 2016 she was scheduled for. And gave excuses when she couldn't attend. Still waiting for that movie she filmed in Hawaii when she canceled the Belgian con.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Well EBR from the new crew I think is the only one who has been in an oscar nominated film, Brooklyn.

Well I wouldn't put much thought into this. Any traction EBR could've gotten from this movie she probably already lost considering her role in it was rather small. If the director really liked how she played the role and wants to cast her in more of his movies, then that's a good sign, but so far, I don't think there has been any movement in this so I doubt this will happen...

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Erica Durrance is doing okay, her show Saving Hope is going into it's 5th season now, and Kristen Kreuk just finished Beauty and the Beast. Does Dawson's Creek count?  Cuz Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams have done very well and Meredith Monroe and Busy Phillips have decent careers.

Unfortunately, the business is a crap shoot, and talent and hard work aren't enough to get you an A list career.

Some of The CW/WB actresses who've made successful big-screen movies...

Melissa McCarthy
Gilmore Girls (The WB/The CW) -> Bridesmaids, Identity Thief, The Heat, Tammy, Spy, The Boss, Ghostbusters, etc.

Michelle Williams
Dawson's Creek (The WB) -> Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine, My Week with Marilyn, Oz the Great and Powerful, Manchester By the Sea, Janis, etc.

Blake Lively
Gossip Girl (The CW) -> The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Green Lantern, The Age of Adaline, The Shallows, etc.

Katie Holmes
Dawson's Creek (The WB) -> Batman Begins, upcoming Coup D'etat, upcoming Logan Lucky

Maggie Q
Nikita (The CW) -> Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, etc.

Alexis Bledel
Gilmore Girls (The WB/The CW) -> Tuck Everlasting, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, etc.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:
Quote

How many CW stars go on to star in Oscar nominated movies? Actors in general are serious about their craft. Even my ultimate fave SMG didn't really go on to oscar nominated movies after Buffy.

When Allison Mack portrayed Chloe Sullivan on "Smallville" many of her fans predicted that she would go on to greater things in Hollywood once the show was over. Of course, her career didn't take off, which is a pity, because she was IMHO one of the best actors on SV. In fact, I find her more skilled and versatile than most of the female actors in the current Flarrowverse, including EBR (whose character is, in some ways at least, the "Arrow" counterpart to Chloe ). So, talent and fandom popularity isn't always a guarantee that an actress will have a bright television/movie career.

Edited by Willowtree
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL I mean, it also doesn't help AMacks that acting is her second job, because recruiting women for the creepy ass cult she's a part of is her #1 job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I keep hearing about Allison Mack being connected to a cult, but I can't find anything on it. What's the info?

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I keep hearing about Allison Mack being connected to a cult, but I can't find anything on it. What's the info?

There's a dude in Albany that tracks the cult, his site is frankreport.com. The women recruiting site is jness.com. BEWARE THE CRAY.

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

There's a dude in Albany that tracks the cult, his site is frankreport.com. The women recruiting site is jness.com. BEWARE THE CRAY.

Backs away very slowly...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So she is into feminism and about woman finding themselves free from controls and gender stereotypes that they have had pushed upon them by a long established male biased social construct?

I don't think that in its raw form its kooky, being in a cult takes it over the line for me. But is it actually a cult or a commune of like minded people?

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

Some of The CW/WB actresses who've made successful big-screen movies...

Melissa McCarthy
Gilmore Girls (The WB/The CW) -> Bridesmaids, Identity Thief, The Heat, Tammy, Spy, The Boss, Ghostbusters, etc.

Michelle Williams
Dawson's Creek (The WB) -> Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine, My Week with Marilyn, Oz the Great and Powerful, Manchester By the Sea, Janis, etc.

Blake Lively
Gossip Girl (The CW) -> The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Green Lantern, The Age of Adaline, The Shallows, etc.

Katie Holmes
Dawson's Creek (The WB) -> Batman Begins, upcoming Coup D'etat, upcoming Logan Lucky

Maggie Q
Nikita (The CW) -> Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, etc.

Alexis Bledel
Gilmore Girls (The WB/The CW) -> Tuck Everlasting, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, etc.

Can anyone think of any guy that made it to the movies?  There are a number of them that are still working on TV but I'm stumped on movies right now.  

27 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

So she is into feminism and about woman finding themselves free from controls and gender stereotypes that they have had pushed upon them by a long established male biased social construct?

I don't think that in its raw form its kooky, being in a cult takes it over the line for me. But is it actually a cult or a commune of like minded people?

Yeah, from what I understand, it seems that while Alison Mack isn't a concubine or anything, she takes career and life advice from the guru guy and believes he's some super wise, smart, altruistic guy and that the group is just a really introspective self help thing.  She seems to me to be kind of duped and in denial about the more controlling and creepy aspect, but then I'm sure how she's treated is a lot different than the women that are asked to turn over all their money and leave their family behind.    

Share this post


Link to post

So they want to explore and remove gender barriers to become fully 'realized' humans outside of influence from male controlled society and stereotypes- but are being led by a man; one who sleeps with a great deal of them? 

I think exploring spirituality is a great thing, but loosing all sense of objectivity whilst doing it is super dangerous. That's how people get caught up in stuff like that. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I think exploring spirituality is a great thing, but loosing all sense of objectivity whilst doing it is super dangerous. That's how people get caught up in stuff like that. 

On the surface, some of their stuff, even a lot of the classes do seem like any of the other self help or empowerment seminars or books but there seems to be another level where people almost seem to be exposed to a kind of brainwashing in guided decision making sessions.  It's so easy to influence some people while disguising it as their best interests.  

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Can anyone think of any guy that made it to the movies?  There are a number of them that are still working on TV but I'm stumped on movies right now.   

Chris Pratt was on Everwood so he kinda counts. But he did Parks first which I think made him "known" and then did movies. I think some of the male stars have done terrible almost straight to DVD movies (that one horror movie with Chad Michael Murray, JP, and I want to say Paris Hilton? comes to mind). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Armie Hammer and Sebastien Stan are the only ones I can think of that have had a little career traction. Both Gossip Girl Alums. Stephen could have been a break out if Turtles didn't bomb since the turtles films were considered relative box office hits before the last one weren't they?

But honestly I don't think anyone on the CW has fully "made it". If we are including WB then the only one who's truly made it career wise is Michelle Williams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

"Breaker High" aired on UPN (the "C" part of "CW") and starred a young Ryan Gosling.

In general, though, most TV stars from any network, even the big 4, don't make it to the big screen or last very long there if they do. I think a better metric of whether a TV actor is successful or not is if they can get bigger roles (Josh Jackson went from support on "Dawson's Creek" to lead on "Fringe") or more high profile shows on a big network (Scott Foley on "Scandal") or even just stay gainfully employed and not disappear from the entertainment scene or worse, end up on a reality show.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

or worse, end up on a reality show.

So it's a good thing that I've never seen a CW actor on Dancing with the Stars?  

Share this post


Link to post

I just did an image search of him on DETS and the gifs that popped up are hilarious!  But somehow still ridiculously hot, the man has got some amazing pelvic movement ability.

Edited by MaisyDaisy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just off the top of my head a few SPN male alumni :

Sterling K. Brown (Gordon Walker)  is having quite a year with an Emmy win and Golden Globe noms. 

Aldis Hodge (Jake)Straight Outta Compton and Hidden Figures,

Leslie Odom Jr (Guy)won the Tony for Hamilton

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Can anyone think of any guy that made it to the movies?  There are a number of them that are still working on TV but I'm stumped on movies right now.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan: Batman v Superman, Watchmen.

Jim Beaver ; Crimson Peak,

Kevin McInally: Pirates of the Caribbean

I think juicy TV roles have as much cache as movies do now

Edited by catrox14
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It seems to me it comes down to what you classify as making it. How many actors are going to turn into George Clooney? Probably .0001 percent. Making it from the sense of getting regular work after Arrow? I could see all the cast landing television gigs. Not to mention this is the CW, they'll get Arrow to season 10, if possible. 

It's actually kinda a fascination of mine, peak TV. The amount of scripted television (obviously I'm including Netflix and other platforms like it, in that) just keeps increasing exponentially. I think the count was like 600 scripted shows last year in the USA alone. I'd be curious to see if there were any studies for the amount of work an actor could get now compared to 10 or 20 years ago. I could be wrong but it seems like there would be so much more opportunity for work.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What about Kristen Bell from Veronica Mars? She's done some movies - Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Frozen.

(Also, if you're not watching the Good Place, you should be!)

Edited by bethy
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

These days with the amount of "movie stars" having "career defining roles" on TV/Streaming I don't think movies will count as the big leagues for much longer. I should think KC might get a pilot (if that is what she wants and they don't use her for another spin off etc) prior to Arrow she seems to have been generally well regarded. I think a lot of the casts stand a good chance of getting other good roles in TV and maybe movies (1st season P&R no one would have thought Andy/Bright would be a big star). Most continue to be working actors even if CW proves to be a high point of their career.

Share this post


Link to post

The cast of This Is Us is a bunch of working actors [even Mandy Moore, post pop-star career] who have been around for years, and now suddenly got their break. Sterling K Brown, for example, has been on TV a lot. He even had a regular role on Army Wives from 2007 to 2013, and it took People vs. OJ + This is Us to get him stardom.

And it's actually kind of funny how PeakTV is making movie stars actively seek roles in ~prestige tv~ for status now. Drew Barrymore has a Netflix show, Reese Witherspoon has a HBO show, freaking Robert de Niro and Julianne Moore are gonna star in an Amazon show.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, tv echo said:

A+ choice of a song in which the first verse is WHO'S IN A BUNKER, WHO'S IN A BUNKER.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Chris Pratt was on Everwood so he kinda counts. But he did Parks first which I think made him "known" and then did movies. I think some of the male stars have done terrible almost straight to DVD movies (that one horror movie with Chad Michael Murray, JP, and I want to say Paris Hilton? comes to mind). 

The horror movie you're thinking of is a remake of House of Wax. The original had Vincent Price in it. It went to theaters and yes Paris Hliton was in it. 

Edited by jay741982

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

The horror movie you're thinking of is a remake of House of Wax. The original had Vincent Price in it. It went to theaters and yes Paris Hliton was in it. 

Jensen Ackles was the lead in My Bloody Valentine 3D which also featured Kerr Snith. It earned over $100M with a budget of $10M. It had mixed reviews but both Jensen and Kerr received good reviews for their work Jensen voiced Jason Todd/Red Hood in Batman: Under the Red Hood which was critically well received

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen Ackles was the lead in My Bloody Valentine 3D which also featured Kerr Snith. It earned over $100M with a budget of $10M. It had mixed reviews but both Jensen and Kerr received good reviews for their work Jensen voiced Jason Todd/Red Hood in Batman: Under the Red Hood which was critically well received

D'oh I forgot about that and I loved that remake. Jensen was so good IMO. I do wanna see Batman:Under the Red hood. Just remembered Jared was in Friday the 13th Remake 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size