Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I've been wondering about his crowdfunded movie... do we think his wife will be given a role in it? She is an actress and they do have an in with casting.

I'm watching the new season of ANTM as a guilty pleasure and they just had the makeover episode, in which there were more dramatics but nothing as big as his wife's departure from that show. IMO, her character will live in realty show infamy, which to me is saying a lot.

• Love 3

She left the show after they chopped off her chestnut hair and dyed it platinum. It seems like it would have been wiser to leave before that, but she was 19 or something at the time, so I'm not really judging her for this.

• Love 2
Here's the SA facebook post link (pertinent portion quoted)...
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/1255974567821141 

Starting in January (4th-ish) we will have someone helping me full time with the page. Like, I literally hired somebody to work with me in any and all online initiatives. What does that mean? Well, it means a bunch of things. First and foremost, the running of this page will still be 100% me. I am - and will continue to be - responsible for any and all content that appears here. I didn't farm things out to a social media company. Why? Because I know more than they do. Instead, I hired a very capable individual who has grown along with the page. More on them in a few days. What will they be doing? Generally, a ton. Specifically as it relates to this space:

- Monitoring visitor posts and any discussion in the post threads. I'll shut this page down before it turns into a space that doesn't cater to any opinion that doesn't lay its infrastructure on belittling someone else's.

- Curating questions for Q&A's that I can answer live. I can't take questions on live posts. Facebook hasn't made it easy enough to find unique queries. Not a criticism. Just facts :)

- I'll still be selecting #FanArtFriday, #MemeMonday and the triumphant return of #LightSaberSaturday, but my trusty collaborator will make sure those posts go up on a consistent basis every Monday, Friday and Saturday.

- Create new initiatives based on prevailing sentiment, prevailing trends and cool things that being immersed in the page will plant in their brain.

- Create content and studio spaces that feel professional - yet, impulsive - well lit - and still understated - properly built for sound - with no auto tune.

- Probably a bunch of things that I haven't even considered because I'm planning to make 27 episodes of tv and a feature film this year. (Still smarter than social media companies.)

This was always going to the end game with a page that crossed 400,000 friends in late 2013 and will cross 5,400,000 friends sometime in early 2017. I really do love this space and the relationships it has allowed me to foster with so many groups of people I never ever would've stumbled across without its incredible reach... but it was becoming a bit of a burden because I could feel the control and the sense of personalization slipping away ever so slightly. Even if you couldn't. So here we are. I think this year is going to be terrific.

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

- Monitoring visitor posts and any discussion in the post threads. I'll shut this page down before it turns into a space that doesn't cater to any opinion that doesn't lay its infrastructure on belittling someone else's.

Is it just me or is that a Huh??

Shouldn't it be "... before it turns into a space that caters to any opinion that lays its infrastructure on belittling someone else"?

Maybe it is time to hire someone.  On the other hand, he did know not to put in an apostrophe into "its" so yay St. Andrew's College.

ETA:  The beauty of hair is that it grows back (mostly).  Ask a cancer survivor.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, LeighAn said:

What did his wife do? I know she was on ANM but nothing else

She is an actress. I think she had a tiny role on Mad Men or something. I also think she had a bit part on another CW show. If I remember correctly, SA saw her first on TV and thats where he developed his crush. So I was curious if the crowdfunded movie would be a good opportunity for her to have a role.

10 hours ago, bijoux said:

She left the show after they chopped off her chestnut hair and dyed it platinum. It seems like it would have been wiser to leave before that, but she was 19 or something at the time, so I'm not really judging her for this.

I don't consider it judging her. But seriously, makeovers are part of the show and all the dramatics and quitting is a little ridiculous. It's like quitting an exercise class because it made you sweat. And like someone said above hair grows back. It's not like they made her get plastic surgery which I have heard some modeling agencies suggest. A haircut and a dye job is pretty low in the grand scheme of things.

Then again, she is one of the only contestants I remember years later - so perhaps it was a smart move on her part.

Edited by kismet
1 hour ago, kismet said:

She is an actress. I think she had a tiny role on Mad Men or something. I also think she had a bit part on another CW show. If I remember correctly, SA saw her first on TV and thats where he developed his crush. So I was curious if the crowdfunded movie would be a good opportunity for her to have a role.

Yes, she had a one episode role on Mad Men, playing a model. Caity Lotz was also in that episode but she basically only filmed scenes with Jon Hamm. 

• Love 1

I had to look her up and she played a friend of Peggy's lesbian friend, Joyce. She actually didn't have a scene with Jon Hamm. 

And completely OT, but a funny thing about Mad Men, how absolutely stocked the show was with former and current WB/CW actors. Probably a complete coincidence but I like to pretend that Matthew Weiner spends all of his free time obsessing about The Vampire Diaries.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So KC is being edited out of the DVDs for the Paris convention because she didn't give the OK for her image to be used. I thought she only did that for the show. 

By OK does that mean money? As in she wants to be paid for her image?

20 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So KC is being edited out of the DVDs for the Paris convention because she didn't give the OK for her image to be used. I thought she only did that for the show. 

This seems really petty.

• Love 3

That would be my guess. The people waited for their DVDs for months now. So i guess no agreement could be reached. So now KC will get edited out. Also means part of the Willa/Emily panel will be missing because KC joined it. 

• Love 1

I'm not too knowledgable about entertainment contracts and Hollywood BTS but is wanting money for your image in that context a reasonable request? I mean she would have been paid to attend the con in the first place right? So is it reasonable for her to want money for videos from the con?

I mean I get wanting money if someone uses your image to market a product or something but a video recap seems no different then people taking recordings on their phone.

Is getting a video of the con normal? Is it extra or apart of the package?

They should have made sure their ducks were in a row before offering the video to the fans. That's a bad on them, but it doesn't look that great for KC either. Esp if she is the only one being edited out. 

• Love 1

I get that contracts should have covered DVD use, but that is a level of petty that rivals TSwift's lawyers sending C&D letters to people who use her songs at their weddings and post vids on YouTube. Jeez, celebs, have some perspective.

• Love 13

If you're taking a long-term perspective on things, why would you want to alienate your fans - the people who paid a good amount of money to come see you and might do the same thing again in the future - and the con itself - the people who have the power to invite you and pay you a good amount (a butt-load?) of money to come to these things in the future? It's definitely petty, but it also seems to be remarkably short-sighted and kind of stupid. 

Edited by bethy
Because "cited" isn't the same as "sighted."
  • Love 11

Wasn't there some chatter back then shortly after the con ended that they would not invite her back because she was causing ... schedule problems or something like this? If that's true maybe this is her answer to them?

I have no idea. But as I said before I would really, really like to know everything that's going on bts. Still waiting for that book.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, loki567 said:

I had to look her up and she played a friend of Peggy's lesbian friend, Joyce. She actually didn't have a scene with Jon Hamm. 

Who are we talking about, SA's wife or CL? I remember SA's wife played a model who came to an audition. I thought Hamm was in the casting scene, but I can't swear on it.

CL definitely had scenes with Hamm, seeing as she played real Don Draper's widow's niece.

ETA: Nevermind, you're right. I confused the model Cassandra Jean played with another one episode brunette model guest star.

Edited by bijoux
1 hour ago, bethy said:

If you're taking a long-term perspective on things, why would you want to alienate your fans - the people who paid a good amount of money to come see you and might do the same thing again in the future - and the con itself - the people who have the power to invite you and pay you a good amount (a butt-load?) of money to come to these things in the future? It's definitely petty, but it also seems to be remarkably short-cited and kind of stupid. 

When was the Con? I wonder if this is an indication that she's mostly done with Arrow  despite the "cross show contract" and just looking to cash in as much as she can? If she was going to be on a lot more, surely it would be more prudent to as you say, take the long term perspective and agree to release them, especially as you get paid a *lot* to attend the con in the first place. Or she could just be petty and stupid.

• Love 1

It really makes me wonder if the only reason they gave KC a new contract was to use her image whenever they wanted. She seems to have a very good representation, so I guess it works out better for the Flarrowverse to have her on one of those special contracts then to calculate a pay out whenever they want to use her name, image, etc.

On the other hand, I hope the Paris Con gets it together this year, it seems like they had a lot of technical struggles last year.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, kismet said:

It really makes me wonder if the only reason they gave KC a new contract was to use her image whenever they wanted. She seems to have a very good representation, so I guess it works out better for the Flarrowverse to have her on one of those special contracts then to calculate a pay out whenever they want to use her name, image, etc.

On the other hand, I hope the Paris Con gets it together this year, it seems like they had a lot of technical struggles last year.

I still don't think it was just to have access to her image, the only thing I believe they used her image for was for that ugly ass statue which barely resembles her anyway to probably even need her permission.

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I still don't think it was just to have access to her image, the only thing I believe they used her image for was for that ugly ass statue which barely resembles her anyway to probably even need her permission.

And even then they're gonna blow that statue up... So I'm thinking that they wanted to use the scene in 501 as well as 508 and maybe even the finale... The new black Canary is essentially hinged on how laurel wanted to not be the last one and I'm sure if DC wants a new Canary for multiple reasons. So it makes sense why they'd want to use her image to bring her on... Because DC. 

Remember that "Olicity Supercut" bonus feature that was advertised as being part of the Arrow Season 4 DVD/Blu-ray (go to link to watch video)? From what I've heard, it was not included in the actually released S4 DVD/Blu-ray. Can anyone confirm this? ...

Exclusive: 'Arrow' Season 4 Olicity supercut
August 30, 2016
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/tv/2016/08/30/89584668/

An exclusive supercut shows the up and down lovelife of Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Richards) in a bonus feature from "Arrow: The Complete Fourth Season." Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

Edited by tv echo

The 2017 public event/comic con list that I previously posted contained some errors (included a few comic cons that listed last year's Arrow guests). So here is the accurate list for 2017 (updated so far)...

Television Critics Association (TCA) 2017 Winter Press Tour, January 5-18, 2017 (Pasadena, CA)
Mark Pedowitz - The CW - on Jan. 8
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

Wizard World's New Orleans Comic Con, January 6-8, 2017 (New Orleans, LA)
Stephen Amell and David Ramsey - joint panel on Jan. 8 at 12pm
http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/neworleans

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-Chicago, March 25-26, 2017 (Chicago, IL)

Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Katrina Law (also Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh and Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/chicago/
http://walkerstalkercon.com/chicago/guests/

Fan Expo Dallas, March 31-April 2, 2017 (Dallas, TX)
John Barrowman
http://fanexpodallas.com/guests/

The Great Philadelphia Comic-Con, April 7-9, 2017 (Philadelphia, PA)
Wil Traval (also John Wesley Shipp)
http://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/

Calgary Expo, April 27-30, 2017
(Danielle Panabaker)
https://calgaryexpo.com/guests/media-guests/

Rogue Events' The City of Heroes 3, May 19-21, 2017 (Telford, England, UK)
(Mehcad Brooks, John Wesley Shipp and Wentworth Miller)
https://rogueevent.co.uk/wordpress/city-heroes-3/

Heroes & Villains FanFest-London, May 27-28, 2017 (London, UK)
Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, Colin Donnell and Michael Rowe (also Melissa Benoist, Carlos Valdes and Shantel VanSanten)
http://heroesfanfest.com/london/

Starfury: The Ultimates, June 2-4, 2017 (Blackpool, UK)
* Paul Blackthorne (also Danielle Panabaker and Violett Beane)
http://starfury.co.uk/events/ultimates/index.html

(*

Juliana Harkavy is also scheduled as a guest for this comic con.)

Super Heroes Con III, June 3-4, 2017 (Paris, France)
David Ramsey and Michael Rowe (also Wentworth Miller)
http://www.people-convention.com/en/pages/next-events/super-heroes-con.html

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Portland, June 24-25, 2017 (Portland, OR)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Katrina Law (also Brandon Routh)
http://heroesfanfest.com/portland/

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Nashville, July 8-9, 2017 (Nashville, TN)
Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Katrina Law (also Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/nashville/

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL, July 20-23, 2017
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow cast/producers will attend.
http://www.comic-con.org/cci

Heroes & Villains FanFest-New York, September 16-17 2017 (Secaucus, NJ)
Stephen Amell and Katrina Law (also Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/newyork/

NEW YORK COMIC CON, October 5-8, 2017
No guests posted yet, but assume Arrow actors/producers will attend.
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ 

Heroes & Villains FanFest-San Jose, December 2-3, 2017 (San Jose, CA)
Stephen Amell and Katrina Law (also Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/sanjose

Edited by tv echo
Updated to add HVFF-San Jose
  • Love 1

New SA facebook video (Jan. 4, 2017):
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

-- SA is requesting a new cover photo for his facebook page.
-- He has a new trailer.

Also posted by SA (same link above):

Hey Facebook! I need your help... I'm looking for a new cover photo for the page. Please. Simple requirements: First, it has to be awesome. Second, it has to be customized to view on a mobile device because I have feng shui issues. Third, the first two rules are the only two rules. Thank you... xo

On 12/31/2016 at 6:12 AM, Velocity23 said:

That would be my guess. The people waited for their DVDs for months now. So i guess no agreement could be reached. So now KC will get edited out. Also means part of the Willa/Emily panel will be missing because KC joined it. 

IIRC, she and EBR crashed Teddy & Shantel's panel towards the end of it.

20 hours ago, Sunshine said:

IIRC, she and EBR crashed Teddy & Shantel's panel towards the end of it.

KC is a total selfish asshole for crashing another panel then refusing to let the con use her image for a nice video for the fans. That means fans of Shantel and Teddy won't even get to see the full panel they enjoyed. If she wasn't going to let them use her image, she shouldn't have crashed another panel. Simple as that.

But that's just me. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 21

But it doesn't sound like EBR is withholding her image...

They should have gotten everything in order before the Con, but at this point I think it reflects worse on KC. The Con looks inept but KC looks like a Diva.

• Love 8

KC is being called an asshole for crashing a panel. EBR was right there with her, not to mention Arrow actors have a thing for crashing panels.

KC not coming to an agreement could be looked at as being diva but this whole thing should've been taken care of before the actors entered the venue to avoid these possibilities. It would be one thing if she knew in advance and proceeded to crash a panel anyway but that doesn't seem to be the matter at hand. This is why if the actors don't sign an agreement for the dvd beforehand, cut em loose.

It just doesn't make sense why an actor would actively put themselves out there by doing a con - then refuse to let them use their image for fun stuff for the people who went to the panels to watch. It doesn't even seem like KC did or say anything offensive so what does it matter? She's an actress who doesn't want to be on camera... WTF??? It's not like this was her personal time either...

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I completely agree that it doesn't sound like the Con did their job. And while I think KC is within her legal right, I think it reflects badly on her personally. The actress and her Team should look at the bigger picture and write it off. It looks like she is living off the Cons right now, I would think it would be beneficial to be as easy as possible for them given the fact that she isn't exactly top tier.

What are you talking about, SHE HAS SOME C-D RATED MOVIES COMING OUT SOON!!!! So clearly she isn't living SOLELY off Cons lol

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

KC is being called an asshole for crashing a panel. EBR was right there with her, not to mention Arrow actors have a thing for crashing panels.

KC not coming to an agreement could be looked at as being diva but this whole thing should've been taken care of before the actors entered the venue to avoid these possibilities. It would be one thing if she knew in advance and proceeded to crash a panel anyway but that doesn't seem to be the matter at hand. This is why if the actors don't sign an agreement for the dvd beforehand, cut em loose.

FYI, I wasn't calling KC an asshole. I was simply pointing out that if she is being scrubbed that another panel might be affected.  I don't care for KC so I actually try not to discuss her.