Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yeah it seems clear that the actor's have had good reason not to go back to Fan Fest.  And offering current ticket holders extra tickets seems more about padding their attendance numbers than anything else.  I wish the people that have given them their money well.  

(edited)

In case you missed it, during last night's Arrow episode, JH and RG did several promo spots talking about John Wick 3 - here's video of some of their promo (this video does not include RG's comment about how John Wick needed his own Felicity)...

Edited by tv echo
8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

In case you missed it, during last night's Arrow episode, JH and RG did several promo spots talking about John Wick 3 - here's video of some of their promo (this video does not include RG's comment about how John Wick needed his own Felicity)...

I don’t get why though. Seeing as they don’t appear to be in the cast list of this movie and it’s not even a WB movie nor does John Wick appear to be a DC character.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

If only!

• LOL 2

Featuring a truly hilarious accent by EBR:

If you just want to listen to Emily's part and dream about her doing voiceover work for an animated film, like I do.

• Love 5
(edited)

Only a few Arrow comments (mostly talk about Shadowhunters, which just aired its series finale this week)...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live - May 7
Published on May 7, 2019, by Golden Warrior

-- When asked why Mia doesn't smile, KM: "Interesting you say that because it's actually something that I threw in there, to smile less, because it's something that I know that Stephen did with Oliver, and it's one of those little Easter eggs that I'm trying to bring in, in melding the two characters together to create the Olicity baby. Nice you noticed."

-- When asked about her favorite scene on Arrow, KM: "Hmm. I really loved the scene with Emily at the end of episode 16, um, where we actually had our heart-to-heart for the first time.

There's some really beautiful scenes in the finale coming up next week that I'm very excited for you guys to see, um, [some unintelligible words] so stay tuned for that, for sure."

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

I think the funniest thing I’ve read is the claim that Olicity fans had to take out loans to rent the billboard. 

You cannot be serious????

Really???

Emily's birthday tribute to SA is really cute but it reignites my resentment for this show.

Watching the Olicity "scenes" in the last few eps someone could think they were feuding going by the deliberate writing to keep them away from each other.  

When the leads are more friendly in real life (ok I don't get the feet thing and don't want that for Olicity but it proves they are friendly) than the actual married couple they play you've got a problem with your writing. Incompetent hacks.

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Is EBR doing an Australian accent in that bday video? I almost didn’t recognize her voice. @Mellowyellow is she doing a good job or bad job (if she’s supposed to be Australian)? It sounds cute 😜 

Haha yes I think that's an Aussie accent. Decent job actually!

It's exaggerated compared to what we sound like but people always amp up the accent when they do it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha yes I think that's an Aussie accent. Decent job actually!

It's exaggerated compared to what we sound like but people always amp up the accent when they do it.

It's by no means perfect but it's a lot better than I can do, and I've lived here for 17 years!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, pootlus said:

It's by no means perfect but it's a lot better than I can do, and I've lived here for 17 years!

OMG Is that Tim Tams I see in your profile?  😂😋

Have you at least taken to shortening your words? Like Woolies, tradies, Cozzie, mozzie, prezzie etc

22 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You cannot be serious????

If you mean serious that Olicity fans took out loans then no I highly highly doubt that happened lol 

But that didn’t stop some obviously jelly people from claiming the only way the billboard happen was due to loans and starving their kids. 😂 

• LOL 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

But that didn’t stop some obviously jelly people from claiming the only way the billboard happen was due to loans and starving their kids. 😂 

Because a few posts online are SUCH an accurate indicator of someone's financial status!

Or is their theory that if you are a shipper you must be poor and starve your kids for billboards?

Ahh it's the end of an era even for all this craziness.

Edited by Mellowyellow
(edited)

DR announced winners of contest to have Skype chat with him. He also announced new contest to win a dinner with him and then answered some fan questions (I was probably overly cautious with my use of spoiler tags, because nothing big was spoiled)...

(Hernandez Lina)

-- On who dies in Arrow, DR: "Can't tell you that."

-- DR: "Yes, it's true. OTA is coming to London. That was just announced. The MCM con at the end of the month. Um, and I don't know it there will be any other cons for us together, the three of us - there might be, I just don't know of them yet."

-- DR: "You know, I might be coming to the Detroit Comic Con. I should, right? I haven't done it yet. That's where I'm from. That might be happening."

-- DR: "Green Lantern? Who knows, who knows. You guys keep letting the writers know you want to see it, and maybe it'll happen. Who knows?"

-- On why next season will have only 10 episodes, DR: "That's a great question. I don't know. That was - I wasn't expecting that, to be honest with you, so I have no idea what made the executives decide that they only wanted 10... episodes."

-- DR: "Speaking of fight scenes, I'm glad that you like the fight scenes... On my app, we'll be posting some behind-the-scenes content of, uh, some stuff I think you might like."

-- DR: "What's been my favorite part of being on Arrow? It's been the people. People. That's an easy question. Um, Stephen, Emily.... That's what I'll miss the most."

-- On the last time he saw Grant, DR said "a couple months ago."

-- On what we can expect from Arrow in S8, DR: "I don't know. I honestly don't know. The only thing we've been told is - they've said to us, we can do - because we have 10 episodes, we're gonna go - we can do almost anything we want. And that's what we've been hearing. We can do almost anything we want. I don't know what that means... I don't know what that means exactly, but we'll see."

-- On who's his favorite character other than Diggle, DR: "Um, I have a lot of favorite characters. My favorite villain's probably Deathstroke, Manu Bennett. I don't know if you can get any better than that."

-- DR: "Um, say Sara. Sara. A, you never know, things happen on Arrow, you never know about Sara. Diggle could end up with Sara. Who knows?"

-- DR: "Yes, I'm gonna miss Emily a lot. Who's not - I mean, me and Stephen were duds until she came, so, uh, I don't know what kind of season it's going to be without Emily, to be honest with you. No one is really looking forward to that. But I - I hope the writers have something really clever up their sleeve."

-- DR: "My favorite episode to shoot was every episode of Season 2. It was our best season, in my opinion."

-- DR: "Yeah, me and Stephen are close. I don't get to see Stephen enough when we're not really working. Um, Stephen probably travels a lot more than I do. And, um... I probably should see him a little more. But no, we are very close."

-- DR: "Season 8 is going to be bananas. Some very interesting cameos. I do know about that. And, uh, I can't wait to see what else is going to happen. The crossover (shakes head)... the crossover's going to be big. Probably our biggest crossover ever. So, I can't wait for that. And, um, I'll probably be directing again next season, which is good."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

From Grant Gustin's panel at Comicpalooza on May 11 - I only transcribed his Arrow-related comments (if you remember, he auditioned for and debuted on Arrow first)...

-- On auditioning for the Barry Allen role on Arrow, GG: "At that point, like, I had done a few other things, like 90210 and, um, one episode of CSI: Miami, where I played twins. It was a pretty cool experience... I did one independent film. I did, uh, a Lifetime movie, A Mother's Nightmare... And then I chilled for, like, a long time... I could not get work. You know, I thought that, like, once I was in L.A. and I was doing it, and Glee was happening, and then this and that, like, I'm just going to keep doing it. Granted, I have now. But, like, a year went by. It was like 10 months, yeah, to a year. Um, and right before I booked it, too, I like - I was in a weird spot. I broke my arm, hurt my [unintelligible word] on my bike... It was awful. I was out of commission. I wasn't auditioning. And, um, Flash was the first thing I went back and auditioned for after that injury and I hadn't worked in like 10 months. And I was the first person they saw. It was Arrow, I guess, at the time. Yeah, it was just another audition. I mean, I didn't want to go, 'cause, like - I didn't. I didn't think I had any shot at getting it. Um, in the breakdown - I was 23? 22 or 23? 23, I guess - um, and he was described as, uh, 25 to 35, like, they were gonna make like 'CSI Barry Allen'. Um, yeah, and I thought for sure, like, it was going to be like some buff, blonde dude. Um, and there was one there and that's a good actor, Matt Barr. Like he was another guy that's done stuff for The CW. And I took one look at the dude and I was like, 'man.' But I didn't want to go 'cause I had been in - you know, I hadn't worked for awhile. I had kinda been in a spot where I mentally, um, wasn't feeling good about myself. Um, and, you know, my manager talked me into going, because he's a good manager... After that first audition, I got serious about it, 'cause David Rapaport, the casting director, was serious about me. Um, and I got a call from David Nutter, who ended up directing it, telling me how much he - what he saw in me. He helped me a lot. So I really quick got very serious about it... And it went on for, like, five or six weeks, the audition process. Um, and we did a lot, except for run... No one knew if we could run, if we looked terrible or not... They put us through the wringer."

-- On what it was they saw in him that got him the role of Barry Allen, GG: "I've seen Greg Berlanti and David Rapaport talk about it, and just that they saw, um, just the heart of the character in there, whatever that means to them... I mean, Greg puts it simply as he saw Barry Allen... I still to this day don't feel that way about myself, but the right person feels that way about me, so...."

-- On how he prepared once he got cast as Barry Allen, GG: "I went to, um, the New 52 because it was new at the time... I read a lot. Actually, first, I was like, I'm going to read it all. (Laughs) So, I'm not going to read it all... I read a lot of eras of the character. But New 52 for sure. When I was auditioning for it... the illustrations were the thing that really jumped up out of the page for me. I mean, like, the stories were great too.... That was the comic that I kinda dove into and was reading throughout the audition process."

-- On whether there is an exit plan in place for The Flash series, GG: "Not that I know of. I think there kinda had been, but it has now kinda been altered. Um, I feel like some people might know kinda what I mean by that. I don't know, maybe not. It has to do with crossovers. But anyway, um, there's no - I don't know how we're going to wrap it up when we do something to wrap it up. ... I want to know a year to two years before we're done, like, you know, this is when we're done, and we build to that properly and finish when we should."

-- On whether he watched Smallville or Arrow to prepare for his audition process, GG: "Um, I actually - it's crazy because I'm a big Superman fan. I didn't watch Smallville when it was on or - yeah, I know, it's like sacrilegious. I know. Um, I don't know. I think it's because I was at that age where I was probably too cool, like, you know, unfortunately. Um, and I don't mean to - I mean, I wasn't cool at all. Um, but Arrow, I did watch when - right before - like, after I got it, right before I went to do it, which, if you're an actor and you book a job, I don't recommend doing that, because you get there and you're like shook around everyone. You're just like - because, like, I wouldn't have cared about Stephen or David, you know, these guys, 'cause you're like, what's up? You're a normal person. But I just watched them in two - like a full season of the show and I couldn't handle it."

(GlamPlays)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next week/weekend's events and cons (updated, with schedules)...

Code 8 premiere, May 14, 2019 (Dallas, TX)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Tue. (5/14) at 7:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Dallas

Code 8 premiere, May 15, 2019 (Miami, FL)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Wed. (5/15) at 5:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Miami

2019 Network Upfronts and Digital NewFronts, March 13-May 16, 2019 (NY):
The CW on May 16 (morning)
https://www.mediavillage.com/article/exclusive-upfront-and-digital-newfronts-calendar-for-2019/

MegaCon Orlando, May 16-19, 2019 (FL)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman (also Tyler Hoechlin, and DC writers/artists Neal Adams, Clay Mann and Marguerite Bennett)
http://megaconorlando.com/guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (5/18) at 11:00am - Q&A with Supergirl & Teen Wolf Star Tyler Hoechlin
-Sat. (5/18) at 4:30pm - Q&A with Fan Favorite John Barrowman
-Sun. (5/19) at 12:30pm - Q&A with Arrow Star Stephen Amell

The Sword Experience: Sun N Fun, May 19, 2019 (Lakeland, FL)
Adrian Paul
https://swordxp.com/event/lakeland-florida-on-may-19th/
- Sun. (5/19) at 9:30am - Sun N Fun: An Arrow Experience
(re-enactment of mountain top fight between Oliver Queen and Ra's al Ghul)

Motor City Comic Con, May 17-19, 2019 (Novi, MI)
(Brandon Routh)
https://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/media-guests/
Panel Schedule
-Sat. (5/18) at 12:00pm - SuperPanel: Q&A with Brandon Routh

Starfury: The Ultimates, May 17-19, 2019 (Blackpool, UK)
(Chyler Leigh, Odette Annable, Floriana Lima and Nicole Maines)
http://www.starfury.co.uk/
Schedule
-Inidividual panel schedule not posted online.

Edited by tv echo
21 hours ago, Soulfire said:

I really do appreciate the picture and the visual fan fic but boy, you know Cadymack knows exactly the kind of pot she's stirring.  

• Love 4

Awww, I love that she's also a Mia (my husband shot down that name when I was pregnant and I'm still salty about it).  I also continue to do a double take that Berlanti is married to Robbie Rogers, previously in my other fandom (MLS). 

• Love 2