Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I honestly feel the fact that they changed the name of the con for London, ditched their old website speaks of the fact that their event is kind of sketchy. People also didnt get their money get for past canceled cons. 

Also both Barrowman and Amell stop doing the con in around 2018. Which i always found weird because since the beginning they were always the first ones listed. 

• Love 1

On twitter people were saying that the reason Colton cancelled was because con organiser wouldn’t or didn’t pay for his plane tickets or hotel. Which my question is- why couldn’t Colton pay for that himself? Especially since they take home tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars from those events. 

Which brings me to the conclusion that there’s nothing sketchy or shady behind this, but simply it being about money. The con not wanting to pay money that the talent is owed or feels they are owed and the talent wanting more money then the con organisers are willing or able to give.

Which is why Stephen is able to book a con for the same city and dates as a con he cancelled without feeling any guilt about fans who are going to lose out money from dodgy con business practices (which were probably in place when Stephen was involved financially in the con and happy to attend). 

12 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

On twitter people were saying that the reason Colton cancelled was because con organiser wouldn’t or didn’t pay for his plane tickets or hotel. Which my question is- why couldn’t Colton pay for that himself? Especially since they take home tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars from those events. 

Which brings me to the conclusion that there’s nothing sketchy or shady behind this, but simply it being about money. The con not wanting to pay money that the talent is owed or feels they are owed and the talent wanting more money then the con organisers are willing or able to give.

If the con had agreed to foot the bill for his travel expenses and they didn't abide by their contract, then there's everything sketchy and shady about it, no matter how much Colton could afford to pay for himself. If they bailed on paying the travel fees (and their tweet about it does indicate that it was something along these lines), then Colton has no reason to believe that they wouldn't break other terms of the contract as it suits them.

And if the con isn't able to abide by their contractual terms because they've mismanaged their cash flow, it isn't on any of the con guests to extend themselves financially to help them out of a jam of their own creation. They're running a business, not a charity - and if they can't run that business then they should shut it down (which it seems like they are in the process of doing, if the info in this tweet is any indication). 

Which is why Stephen is able to book a con for the same city and dates as a con he cancelled without feeling any guilt about fans who are going to lose out money from dodgy con business practices (which were probably in place when Stephen was involved financially in the con and happy to attend). 

Stephen can be a dickhead on social media, but he doesn't have any kind of history whatsoever that indicates he's happy screwing his fans over. His behavior has always indicated the opposite. And I can't say what went on behind the scenes when Stephen was still involved with the company, but it seems as if they've cut ties now and I don't blame anyone for hopping off of a sinking ship. 

• Love 10

I don't know why you wouldn't just pay for the ticket yourself (even if the con wouldn't/forgot to pay your plane ticket.) You would get your money back plus even more just sitting there doodling your name for a bunch of fans.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, olicityfan25 said:

I don't know why you wouldn't just pay for the ticket yourself (even if the con wouldn't/forgot to pay your plane ticket.) You would get your money back plus even more just sitting there doodling your name for a bunch of fans.

I think the problem is the con just taking the money into their own pocket. I dont think its an issue of being able to afford it. But that the con didnt follow through with what they agreed on. My question is did they even secure him a room? Because last minute its very hard to find something. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I think the problem is the con just taking the money into their own pocket. I dont think its an issue of being able to afford it. But that the con didnt follow through with what they agreed on. My question is did they even secure him a room? Because last minute its very hard to find something. 

Yeah you're right I forgot about accommodations.

Next weekend/week's events and cons (updated, with schedules)...

Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby Eve Gala, May 4, 2019 (Louisville, KY)
Stephen Amell 
https://www.kentuckyderby.com/
Schedule
Celebrity List for 2019 

Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo, May 4-5, 2019 (Regina, Canada)
Adrian Paul
https://regina.saskexpo.com/guests/media-guests/
https://swordxp.com/event/fan-expo-may-4th/
-Sat. (5/4) at 3:30pm - The Sword Experience: A Star Wars Experience ("Revenge of the Sith" choreography)

Code 8 premiere, May 5, 2019 (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Sun. (5/5) at 6:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Toronto

Code 8 premiere, May 6, 2019 (New York, NY)
Stephen Amell
-Mon. (5/6) at 7:00pm - Red Carpet Event-NYC

Code 8 premiere, May 7, 2019 (Chicago,, IL)
Stephen Amell
-Tue. (5/7) at 7:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Chicago

Edited by tv echo
19 hours ago, tv echo said:

Gah! I love my Duncan! I need to figure out what episodes he's in and finally watch them. I have a DVR full of Arrow I just can't get motivated to watch but this photo may finally do it! Or I go watch some Highlander......

• Love 1
(edited)

Adrian Paul's May 19th 'Sword Experience' event will feature a re-enactment of Arrow's fight scene between Oliver Queen and Ra's al Ghul...

Lakeland Florida – Sun N Fun: An Arrow Experience
May 19 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm $52.50 – $362.25    
https://swordxp.com/event/lakeland-florida-on-may-19th/

After Adrian’s recently recurring character as Dante, in the CW series Arrow, we thought it would be fun to highlight a sword fight from the show’s successful seven season run. In the series, a code of honor in League of Assassins’ Law, entitles Oliver Queen a trial by combat to face the deadly assassin Ra’s al Ghul, atop an icy mountain. The fight begins with Ra’s dodging each attack with his hands behind his back and soon disarming Oliver, taking one of his blades to fight against him. 

The fight could have taken place anywhere, given that Arrow films in many locations, including warehouses, deserted street and airports. So on May 19 with vintage airplanes as a backdrop, you will get the chance to re-enact a fight that Adrian could well have performed, having been at one point considered for the role of Ra’s al Ghul. The location is the amazing Sun ‘N Fun vintage airplane hangar, just minutes from Lakeland, Florida and easily accessible from Tampa and Orlando.

During your five-hour experience, you will be taken through the fight, using the sword experience attack and defense numbering system.  It will be as if you’re rehearsing for your appearance on the set of Arrow.  Any experience level is welcome, whether you’re wielding a sword for the first time or returning to hone your skills. ....

FB-Banner-3-800x300.jpg

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, MissL said:

Gah! I love my Duncan! I need to figure out what episodes he's in and finally watch them. I have a DVR full of Arrow I just can't get motivated to watch but this photo may finally do it! Or I go watch some Highlander......

Watch Highlander instead. TRUST ME. The only worthwhile Duncan MacDante episode was his introduction. And maaybeeee the one where we learned he trained whiny petulant Emiko, the bastard. That's right, that's whati'magonnacallher.

• Love 1

a fight that Adrian could well have performed, having been at one point considered for the role of Ra’s al Ghul. 

What?!! I could have had Adrian Paul as Ras?   He could have done his own sword fight and "killed" Oliver.  I'm so bummed by what we missed.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What?!! I could have had Adrian Paul as Ras?   He could have done his own sword fight and "killed" Oliver.  I'm so bummed by what we missed.

Seconding bkwurm’s WHAAAAAAAT??!!!

Nexr to Oded, I would have ❤️❤️💗💗💕💕LOVED!!!!💕💗💗❤️❤️ Duncan Adrian as Ra’s!!!!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Oh wow.  No kidding.   They seriously went with Matt Nable instead of Adrian Paul? That’s insane.  🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh wow.  No kidding.   They seriously went with Matt Nable instead of Adrian Paul? That’s insane.  🤦🏻‍♀️

Maybe Nable was cheaper. 

• Useful 2

I'm sure Matt Nable was a lot cheaper but if there's one villain you don't want to skimp on it's Ra's, especially with  Liam Neeson being so recent in people's memory. NMD can't have been cheap for a whole 3 seasons and With JB also being a regular for 2 of them. 

• Love 4
On 5/1/2019 at 11:05 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Watch Highlander instead. TRUST ME. The only worthwhile Duncan MacDante episode was his introduction. And maaybeeee the one where we learned he trained whiny petulant Emiko, the bastard. That's right, that's whati'magonnacallher.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think that's what I'm gonna do.

And like everyone else I am drooling at the thought of Adrian as Ras.  Holy forking shirtballs that would have been amazing. 

• Love 3
On 5/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, bijoux said:

Maybe Nable was cheaper. 

This. Or I'm going with Adrian doesn't look old enough to be the father of two GROWN daughters. He's just so still verra hawt and looks the same! And two, it would be ridiculous to think Oliver could best someone who is so very skilled and adept at sword fighting as Adrian is. Then again, the real Ra's had minions to do his dirty work. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!😋

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, MissL said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I think that's what I'm gonna do.

And like everyone else I am drooling at the thought of Adrian as Ras.  Holy forking shirtballs that would have been amazing. 

Skip S6 but, watch the 2 part series finale. Do NOT watch Highalnder:The Source it is a God awful movie that shits on everything wonderful about Highlander.

Adrian Paul could have been Ras? Totally casting miss there Arrow.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Skip S6 but, watch the 2 part series finale. Do NOT watch Highalnder:The Source it is a God awful movie that shits on everything wonderful about Highlander.

Adrian Paul could have been Ras? Totally casting miss there Arrow.

Oh unfortunately I'm an old Highlander fan (ever since the original movie) so It's too late for me...I've already seen the Source. Although I've mostly blocked it out. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Skip S6 but, watch the 2 part series finale. Do NOT watch Highalnder:The Source it is a God awful movie that shits on everything wonderful 

7 hours ago, MissL said:

Oh unfortunately I'm an old Highlander fan (ever since the original movie) so It's too late for me...I've already seen the Source. Although I've mostly blocked it out. 

UGH. Don’t remind me. That movie was a FUCKING INSULT.

• Love 2
(edited)

TPTB really wasted their opportunity to use Adrian Paul. Now we know that he was considered for the role of Ra's al Ghul, which would've been wonderful and greatly enhanced S3. We also know that he was considered for the role of The Monitor because, at one point, there was a video of his audition for that role posted on Vimeo.com (since deleted). And yet, when he was finally cast for an Arrowverse role, it was for this skimpy, 3-episode run on Arrow. Just a waste of his talent, martial arts skills, and on-screen charisma...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

You can catch a shot of SA (with his wife) at the 1:03 mark...

Celebrity appearances at 2019 Barnstable Brown gala
Published on May 4, 2019, by Lexington Herald Leader

Edited by tv echo
58 minutes ago, tv echo said:

TPTB really wasted their opportunity to use Adrian Paul. Now we know that he was considered for the role of Ra's al Ghul, which would've been wonderful and greatly enhanced S3. We also know that he was considered for the role of The Monitor because, at one point, there was a video of his audition for that role posted on Vimeo.com (since deleted). And yet, when he was finally cast for an Arrowverse role, it was for this skimpy, 3-episode run on Arrow. Just a waste of his talent, martial arts skills, and on-screen charisma...

B6AF8CF1-4951-4D26-B88E-9FA0D1A7AEA7.gif

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Some pics of SA on the red carpet at the Fillies & Stallions Kentucky Derby Party yesterday (May 3)...

He told a reporter that his bowtie was "a very, very special gift" from Emily.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Here’s the video. They also laugh about the fact that the same reporter accidentally captioned a Derby photo of EBR as his wife last year. “I posted it on my Instagram account and we loved every second of it. It was great because the internet thinks me and Emily are dating so for her to be listed as my wife...it was really good.”

1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

I love their friendship so very much. 

I have a soft spot for actors who are close off-screen and their shows. (It’s probably a small part of why I still enjoy Supernatural so much.)

• Love 3
(edited)

Here's the original source of SA's red carpet interview at the Barnstable Brown Derby Eve Gala on May 3...

Talking Derby at the Barnstable Brown 2019 party with Stephen Amell [VIDEO]    
https://www.courier-journal.com/media/cinematic/video/1100408001/talking-derby-at-the-barnstable-brown-2019-party-with-stephen-amell/ 

Interviewer: "You're rockin' that bowtie, by the way."
SA: "Oh, this was - no, this was actually a gift from a friend of mine, um, uh, actually a very, very special gift, uh, that my friend Emily gave me, that is very special. And it didn't work with my suit tomorrow because I have to match my wife, but it felt like it worked tonight."
Interviewer: "Wait, 'Emily', your co-host or your -?"
SA: "Co-star."
Interviewer: "I'm sorry.... TV."
SA: "That's fine."

(Interviewer brought up how she mistakenly identified EBR as his wife in a pic during last year's Kentucky Derby.)
SA: "Oh, but it made us very - I posted it on my instagram account and we loved every second of it. It was great. Because the internet thinks that me and Emily are dating, so for her to be listed as my wife is just (makes clicking sound) really good. I hold no grudges."
Interviewer: "That was my fault, okay."
SA: "No problem at all."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

And here's SA and his wife in their matching outfits at the Kentucky Derby on May 4...
rexfeatures_10227704cw.jpg

stephen-amell.jpg

(source)

Rounding out the pack was Stephen Amell with wife, Cassandra. The “Arrow” actor wore a navy suit with brown shoes, while his sweetheart had on a wild rose-adorned hat, a white A-line dress and pointy navy pumps.

Edited by tv echo
2 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

That hat is... a choice.

It reminds me of the deer heads with antlers that you see hunters mount up in their homes. 

I'm telling myself that the more positive version is someone picked up shed deer horns and made a headpiece 😊

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Here's the original source of SA's red carpet interview at the Barnstable Brown Derby Eve Gala on May 3...

Talking Derby at the Barnstable Brown 2019 party with Stephen Amell [VIDEO]    
https://www.courier-journal.com/media/cinematic/video/1100408001/talking-derby-at-the-barnstable-brown-2019-party-with-stephen-amell/ 

Interviewer: "You're rockin' that bowtie, by the way."
SA: "Oh, this was - no, this was actually a gift from a friend of mine, um, uh, actually a very, very special gift, uh, that my friend Emily gave me, that is very special. And it didn't work with my suit tomorrow because I have to match my wife, but it felt like it worked tonight."
Interviewer: "Wait, 'Emily', your co-host or your -?"
SA: "Co-star."
Interviewer: "I'm sorry.... TV."
SA: "That's fine."

(Interviewer brought up how she mistakenly identified EBR as his wife in a pic during last year's Kentucky Derby.)
SA: "Oh, but it made us very - I posted it on my instagram account and we loved every second of it. It was great. Because the internet thinks that me and Emily are dating, so for her to be listed as my wife is just (makes clicking sound) really good. I hold no grudges."
Interviewer: "That was my fault, okay."
SA: "No problem at all."

That bow tie answer is so awkward. Lol

Cass's hat is ridiculous, but part of the Derby experience is ridiculous hat wearing, so...good job in that respect, I guess? I just hope everyone in her vicinity came out of the evening with their eyeballs intact because of the branch hazard. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Next weekend's events/cons (updated, with schedules)

The 6th Annual Spring Release Weekend at Nocking Point, May 10-12. 2019 (Walla Walla, WA)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/events/2745340135483797/ 

Ottawa Comiccon, May 10-12, 2019 (Canada)
John Barrowman (also Tom Cavanagh, Tom Felton and Mike Grell, DC writer/artist for Green Arrow comics)
https://ottawacomiccon.com/artists/
Schedule
-Fri. (5/10) at 4:00pm - John Barrowman On Stage!
-Sat. (5/11) at 2:15pm - Mike Grell: Emerald Warlord
-Sun. (5/12) at 11:30am - Tom Felton On Stage!
-Sun. (5/12) at 3:30pm - Tom Cavanagh On Stage!

Comicpalooza, May 10-12, 2019 (Houston, TX)
John Barrowman and Jeremy Davies (also Grant Gustin, John Wesley Shipp and Neal Adams, DC writer/artist for Green Arrow comics)
https://www.comicpalooza.com/guests/2019-guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (5/11) at 12:00pm - John Wesley Shipp Panel
-Sat. (5/11) at 12:00pm - Neal Adams Q&A
-Sat. (5/11) at 3:00pm - The Flash Panel with Grant Gustin
-Sat. (5/11) at 4:30pm - An Afternoon with John Barrowman
-Sun. (5/12) at 1:30pm - LOST Cast Panel (incl. Jeremy Davies)

Thessaloniki Comic Con, May 10-12, 2019 (Greece)
Manu Bennett
https://thecomiccon.gr/en/guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (5/11) at 1:00pm - Manu Bennett Q&A 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

#ThrowBackMonday - I came across these old E! interviews with SA, KC and DR, which were done the day after Season 1's finale aired (so May 16, 2013) - interesting...

E! Interviewer: "Felicity and Oliver. Such a huge fanbase. What can you tell me? Do you want it to happen? Will it happen?"
SA:
"I want us to keep working together. I want people to keep enjoying it."

E! Interviewer: "What are you hoping for Season 2?"
KC:
"Hopefully, my character, she is - she's an attorney who obviously has gone through a lot, as you saw last night. She lost her boyfriend, so there will certainly be some heartbreak. Um, she also is becoming stronger and she's very driven, very independent, but she's starting to stand up for what she believes in and maybe not always go through justice. And hopefully Season 2, um, she's sort of going to be evolving into the Black Canary."

E! Interviewer: "Now you're part of a pretty powerful love triangle, because a lot of fans really want you to be with Oliver, and then a lot of the fans really love Oliver with Felicity. So what's your take on that? And what are you hoping happens romantically?"
KC:
"Um, I just think it causes - it just causes more juice and drama, which everybody loves."
E! Interviewer: "Good television."
KC: "Exactly. Very good television. You know, I think Laurel and Oliver have been together - have, have - they're like star-crossed lovers. It makes me think of Joey and Pacey from Dawson's Creek, or Romeo and Juliet. You know, I feel like, at the end of the day, they should be, but it's always that 'will-they, won't they' that, you know, the audience - you want to watch that. You want to see the, you know, we want them to be together, but then there's always going to be something. So hopefully, at some point, they will end up together, but I have a feeling it's going to be a very long road."

E! Interviewer: "What are you hoping for in S2? And have you heard anything about where it might be headed?"
DR:
"Yes, I have. And the writers - the writers have really amped the ante in Season 2. I mean, they just give the actors glimpses of what they have planned. And it's just - it's just crazy. I mean, They don't sit on their laurels. Just go higher and higher and higher. So you never know. They keep us guessing."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2