Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Middle East Film & Comic Con, April 11-13, 2019 (Dubai, UAE)
Katie Cassidy (Fri./Sat. only)
https://www.mefcc.com/en/Overview/Celebrities.html
Schedule
-Fri. (4/12) at 12:30pm - Full Celebrity Panel (incl. Katie Cassidy)
-Sat. (4/13) at 3:00pm  'Good vs. Bad - It's Not All Black and White" In Conversation with Katie Cassidy

ClexaCon, April 11-15, 2019 (Las Vegas, NV)
Katrina Law (also Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan, Briana Venskus, Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy)
https://clexa-con.com/programming/2019-featured-guests/
Panels & Workshops
Schedule
-Fri. (4/12) at 1:45pm - Detachment: A Staged Reading (incl. Briana Venskus)
-Fri. (4/12) at 3:00pm - Avalance (Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan)
-Sat. (4/13) at 10:00 am - Nyssara (Katrina Law, Caity Lotz)
-Sat. (4/13) at 10:00 am - The Gaysian Project Presents: Celebrating Queer Asian Americans in Media and Fandom (incl. Chantal Thuy)
-Sat. (4/13) at 3:00pm - Black Lightning (Nafessa Williams, Chantal Thuy)

The Sword Experience: Academy, April 13, 2019 (Chicago, IL)
Adrian Paul
https://swordxp.com/event/academy-chicago-april-13th-2019/
-Sat. (4/13) at 10:30am - Academy (w/ Adrian Paul)

Supanova Gold Coast, April 12-14, 2019 (AU)
(Matt Ryan and Tyler Hoechlin)
https://www.supanova.com.au/events/gold-coast-2019/guests/
Programme
-Sat. (4/13) at 3:30pm - Matt Ryan
-Sun. (4/14) at 12:00pm - Tyler Hoechlin

The Great Philadelphia Comic Con, April 12-14, 2019 (PA)
(John Wesley Shipp)
https://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/media-guests/
Schedule 
-Fri. (4/12) at 2:00pm - FlashPoint of View w/ John Wesley Shipp

Edited by tv echo

I love Jack. I'm really going to need him in the series finale holding his baby sister.  *sticks fingers in ears*  La la la, I can't hear you.

Also, Emily and Stephen continue to come for my life posting all the Queen family pics, especially Stephen with those hearts.  Why are they like this? 😍 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I love Jack. I'm really going to need him in the series finale holding his baby sister.  *sticks fingers in ears*  La la la, I can't hear you.

Also, Emily and Stephen continue to come for my life posting all the Queen family pics, especially Stephen with those hearts.  Why are they like this? 😍 

Emily Stephen AND Kat you mean lol. And agreed they are attacking me with the pics 😍😍 

What I love about EBR’s stories (beyond that she’s coming for our lives after years of rarely posting anything bts) is that she’s including pretty much everyone - not just the main cast. She’s got Sydelle, Joe, Josh, Charlotte, Colin, etc. And everyone’s messages/reposts are amazing. She’s clearly so loved.

• Love 14

Love all the photos EBR is posting. SA’s posts are killing me though. Pretty sure he’s going to miss EBR more than the entire fandom combined. 

(Also, I’m going to need at least a day’s break from any more emotional social media posts.)

• Love 12

At the time of this interview, Beth Schwartz was in the middle of breaking 721 - she talked about being a showrunner, the writing process for Arrow, script format and drafts, tone meetings, DC's involvement, and other things...

-- When asked which one of the characters was her, Beth: "If I had to pick any the characters, I mean, I love Felicity, and I've always sort of seen sort of myself in her, and I - you know, I just love her fun dialogue. She's kind of quirky and silly and always says the wrong things. But I've also - you know, I've been with these characters so long that I feel like I know all of them so well. And, you know, I can write for every single one of them... It's interesting having that relationship with fictional characters, I guess. You really feel like, you know, they're real people when you write them."

-- When asked if she has a favorite character that she enjoys writing, Beth: "I don't know if I have a fav - this could get me in trouble. (Laughs) Um, but I do feel, uh, a definite closeness, um, to Roy Harper because he was first introduced in an episode I wrote in Season 1. So I do feel a kind of ownership of his character, just because I got to introduce him to - in our universe, which was really cool."

-- When asked about DC Comics' involvement with the Arrow tv show, Beth: "So DC, they're very involved in the sense of, they're on all our notes calls and read our scripts and, you know, when we do want to use - they give us - in the beginning of every season, give us a list of characters that, um, that we're allowed to use and that they encourage us to use, which is cool. And then, you know, we have a lot of Easter eggs on our show. So they're the ones who are kind of, like, you know, you can this or you can't use this. So, yeah, they're great, they're really great."

-- Per Beth, their last day of production on S7 is April 12th.

Edited by tv echo