Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Part of me thinks she actually wants the hate. At least then she could say people were paying attention to her. 

I just clicked on her twitter and she tweeted about SA sneezing during filming the day after it happened and I thought, that's a really odd thing to randomly tweet about 24 hours later. She's definitely desperate for some attention. Damn, Olicity baby really took the shine off her big throat slash moment I guess? 😬😂

Edited by Angel12d
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Maybe she was expecting Dinah’s throat slash to get more attention than it did has and thinks the lack of attention is due to haters hating on her personally rather than fans just being more excited about Mia and the Olicity Baby reveals in the episode.

I also wonder if she’s a little bit annoyed that Kat, Ben and Joseph have been so warmly embraced by fandom and she’s struggled to achieve the same thing.  

• Love 12

She's just plain silly if she didn't predict that everyone was going to go mental after the Olicitot reveal.

She's not popular but she's plastered all over the show this season. She should be content with that and accept she's never going to be a thing. 

This just makes her look even more like a passive aggressive snake. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I also wonder if she’s a little bit annoyed that Kat, Ben and Joseph have been so warmly embraced by fandom and she’s struggled to achieve the same thing.  

Well we know Rick is bitter that he's not beloved like Oliver or treating like a main so it wouldn't surprise me if Juliana is resentful. Sorry bae 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

There does seem to be some confusion from some of the cast why their super cool canon characters aren't loved more.  Makes me think they got caught up in the hype when of COURSE the character that has brought the most buzz apart from Oliver (and sometimes more) is where the audience's focus is going to be, not some recent addition.  It's not like anyone is fawning over Emiko or Adult Zoe either. 

• Love 1

The one thing fans from both sides seem to agree on is their dislike of DD. I know a lot of people were giddy at her potentially losing her cry. Some people because they just can't stand her (i'm guilty of it & it looks stupid af), and other because they think this is the pathway for E2 LL to become BC again. Don't get me wrong there are fans that like her, but more seem apathetic/annoyed by her character. Even though her mentions were tame, other than those tweets about LL becoming BC now, I bet she vanity searches stuff and that's what she's reacting to.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I can actually sort of understand that it would be kind of frustrating to be on a show with such a passionate fandom and your reception is at best mostly crickets but tweets like that are not going to help especially when others have received actual threats.

Yeah maybe Emily should tell her story about the time the network personally called her because they were worried about the level of death threats she was receiving. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Yeah maybe Emily should tell her story about the time the network personally called her because they were worried about the level of death threats she was receiving. 

She wouldn't listen to Emily anyway. As JH is a fan and follower of Marc G.

If I didn't know better I would think someone was making this sh*t up to slander them.

Oh the embarrassment. 

I would say just grow up and deal with it but I don't think anyone even cares enough to give them hate anymore so this is just super cringe. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I’m beginning to wonder if they can’t separate the dislike for their character from dislike of them personally. I dislike Dinah a lot and I wouldn’t be at all unhappy if she moved away from Star City but I don’t have any particular feelings about JH, one way or another. 

KA, on the other hand, has been awful as both Dragon and as a real life person. He came into the show and has been mostly unpleasant to fandom from day one. I’m assuming he did it for reasons but I blocked him and his personal hashtag on Twitter awhile ago and moved on. 

• Love 14

JH comes off as super passive aggressive imo. She seemed nice at first and then got really PA when her character didn't make a splash. 

I'm pretty sure both sides of fandom are still fighting over the Olicitot or celebrating the Olicitot but she can keep imagining things I guess.  

KA is just peculiar and nuts. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 8
On 2/15/2019 at 9:40 PM, Mary0360 said:

Wait. what? For real? She was getting threats because of her character on a tv show? I didn't know that! Do we think that maybe also led to her being uncomfortable at cons? I mean I would be.

I just. I don't understand people. I mean I loathed Lana Lang on Smallville more than was probably healthy but I wished no ill will on KK.  People just really are unhinged. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MissL said:

Wait. what? For real? She was getting threats because of her character on a tv show? I didn't know that! Do we think that maybe also led to her being uncomfortable at cons? I mean I would be.

I just. I don't understand people. I mean I loathed Lana Lang on Smallville more than was probably healthy but I wished no ill will on KK.  People just really are unhinged. 

Yep Emily mentioned during a con in Paris I think after season 3 during the S3-s4 hiatus that the network had called her because they were worried about threats she'd been receiving online and from memory as she told the story had asked her if she wanted them to pursue anything but Emily wasn't aware of them until the network called her and basically said she wasnt going to give them any attention.

I do remember one fan coming after Emily so hard that members of the cast like John Barrowmen publicly took a stand against them either in season 3 or 4. And there were a lot of ugly twitter accounts who went after Emily during the season 3 season 4 time.

A lot of ugly stuff about her appearance, her sexual orientation, bordering on violent abusive  language, mentions of rape and I even recall seeing an account tweet knife emojis. I think a lot of those accounts though were quickly reported and suspended by Twitter which is good. 

I haven't noticed much recently mainly because I think the people who use to do it now try to falsely claim Olicity fans send death threats to Katie and Cassandra, which I've yet to see evidence of (I've seen nasty stuff but not violent and aggressive stuff), so I think they try to put on a good face and so they can claim the "moral high ground".

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Amazing Comic Con Aloha, February 22-24, 2019 (Honolulu, HI)
Manu Bennett (also Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, DC writer and artist of Crisis on Infinite Earths comic book)
https://www.amazingcomicconaloha.com/guests
Programming
-Sat. (2/23) at 12:00pm - Toughest on TV & Beyond: Spotlight on Manu Bennett
-Sat. (2/23) at 4:00pm - Architects of Pop Culture: Marv Wolfman
-Sun. (2/24) at 2:00pm - A Comic Con Farewell: George Pérez Tribute Panel

Pensacon: Pensacola Comic Con, February 22-24, 2019 (FL)
Joe Dinicol, Will Traval, Summer Glau and Jeremy Davies (also John Wesley Shipp and Mike Grell, DC writer/artist of Green Arrow comics)
https://pensacon.com/guests/
Schedule
-Fri. (2/22) at 4:00pm - Arrowverse Q&A (Joe Dinicol and Wil Traval)
-Fri. (2/22) at 6:30pm - John Wesley Shipp Q&A
-Sat. (2/23) at 12:15pm - Summer Glau Q&A
-Sat. (2/23) at 1:30pm - Drawing Superheroes (panel includes Mike Grell)
-Sat. (2/23) at 4:00pm - Jeremy Davies Q&A

Wizard World Portland, February 22-24, 2019 (OR)
(Matt Ryan, Melissa Benoist and Tyler Hoechlin)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/portland
Programming

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara | Instagram Live Stream | 18 February 2019
Published on Feb 19, 2019, by Celebrity Snapchat Diaries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z50bRSrBDfo

-- When asked if she can shoot a bow as well as SA, KM: "No, I cannot. But I have been learning and it's been a lot of fun. I can tell you that. But no, Stephen Amell is quite the master with the bow. I have yet to reach his level of skill. But I'm getting there. I'm working on it."

-- KM: "To speak about brothers and sisters on television, William and Mia's relationship... is also very interesting, because it's not easy to be the child of vigilantes. It's not easy to be the child of superheroes. And so, only the two of them understand what it's like to have parents that - to have those parents that will sacrifice everything, including their children, to save the greater good. And that causes a lot of ... (long pause) ... issues within and between the two of them. And also it's a very interesting situation because they're both jealous of each other, in certain ways. You know, William isn't the biological child of both of them, but Mia's childhood was a lot different than William's. So it's very interesting to see how the two of them relate, how they get along, and also where that little bit of sibling rivalry lies."

-- KM: "Yes... Stephen Amell is a handsome man beast and that probably is the most apt description of him I've seen."

-- KM: "Why Mia Smoak and not Mia Queen? Interesting question. Question I've gotten a lot. Uh, what I can say is that it speaks to the harshness of Star City in 2040, the fact that even having the name 'Queen' puts a target on your back, and it also has a lot to do with how Mia feels about her father. Uh, but we'll get into more of that later."

-- When asked about her fave moment working on Arrow, KM: "I actually can't talk about it yet. But I can talk about one of my favorite moments, which was in episode 12 when Jo Jo* and I shot in the Arrow Bunker for the first time. You know, because I've watched all six seasons of the show in preparation to start working on it. And, uh, to walk into the Arrow Bunker, I definitely had a fangirl moment. I think people were looking at me funny because I was - I was having a moment. But I didn't care because it was worth it."

(* Jo Jo is the nickname for Joseph David-Jones.)

-- KM: "Pretty much everything about Mia is a spoiler."

-- KM: "Yes! I was dying to tell that I was Olicity's daughter, um, just because I think it's such a cool, interesting way of revealing it in the story. Um, I didn't know when I was cast. I knew that I was going to be on the show, but all of the sides and everything were for a different character. They were for - you know, they were disguised in a way. And when Beth Schwartz, the showrunner, told me, I, um - I had a bit of a moment, because I know how beloved Olicity is and I know how much the Arrow fandom cares about their relationship and what happens to them... And I hope I can do justice by this character that's supposed to be a combination of this power couple. Um, but it's - they're writing her very, very well, so I only hope I'm doing it justice."

-- KM: "Yes, I will be in the next Arrow episode. It's not till March 4th, but, yes, I will be in that episode."

-- When asked to talk about Arrow, KM: "I can say that, as the episodes move on, you learn even more about Mia and about her past and kinda why she is the way she is, as well as more about this future and the future of Star City and what it's become and more about the Glades and kinda this world and why it is so harsh and how it got to be the way that it is."

-- KM: "New characters? Yes, in both shows, there are new characters I think you guys will really enjoy."

-- KM: "It's Mia, by the way. A lot of people are asking in the chat if it's Maya or Mia. It is Mia. That has been established. It changed once, but it is Mia. I think, as they were writing the show, they were figuring out what they wanted to do."

-- KM: "I love working with the Arrow cast. I have to give them so much credit because they have been so lovely and welcoming and just really kind. I've had the best time working with them all. They're just a fantastic group of people."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

ET's Katie Krause's interview with KM - from the Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party on Friday, Feb. 15...

Katherine McNamara on How Arrow Fans Have Embraced Her After Character Reveal (Exclusive)
Published on Feb 20, 2019, by Entertainment Tonight

-- On how the Arrow fandom has embraced her now that Mia's identity as Olicity's daughter has been revealed, KM: "It's very interesting. I was so nervous - very excited, but so nervous, because - well - because I've seen through, you know, with Malec being right next to Olicity in so many of these articles and everything, I know how beloved they are to the fandom, and I know what that means to these people that have been watching the show from Day One, and I just want to do right by that... Um, but I really - I'm loving the way this character is being crafted and the way things are kind of unfolding. And now that I can finally talk about it, it's a sigh of relief. Um, no, but it's really wonderful and they've been so welcoming. And I'm starting to see fan art now, which is amazing. It's really cool."

-- KM: "Ooh, what can I tease without teasing too much? Uh, you get to see a lot about why Mia is the way she is, and what in her childhood and what events in her life up until this point happened to form her into this hardened fighter, into this person that doesn't deal with emotions well, doesn't deal with vulnerability well, and has really guarded herself."

-- On what it's like having SA and EBR as her parents on Arrow, KM: "Extremely intimidating, but incredibly wonderful as well, because - well, when Beth first called me and told me who I actually was, she goes, 'yeah, um, so, intellectually, we want her to have all the best qualities of Felicity, but physically we want her to have all the qualities of Oliver.' So I'm going, 'So salmon ladder? Or the 12-pack? Or what's - what, what do I need to do?' No, but both Stephen and Emily have been so lovely and really welcoming and so just helpful. I also watched the entire series to glean what I could, because they've done such a wonderful job crafting these characters and I feel like it's my job to carry that on."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

MOD NOTE: 

We just hid a slew of OT posts which were bashing fans instead of talking about social media and/or behind the scenes information.  

In the future, if you think posting a tweet in response to an official is a clever backdoor way of making fan-base discussion on topic just because it appeared on Twitter, you'd be wrong. 

Please stay on topic and follow this mod note.  (Or heck, follow the recommended post that has been at the top of this thread since May. )

Thank you!

He didn't mention her by name, that's just the general consensus of who he was talking about: 

Had breakfast on Tuesday in Los Angeles with my wife and daughter. In the midst of marveling at how she's able to eat pancakes intended for fully grown humans while weighing less than 25 pounds... An incredibly famous young woman came in with her sort of (not really) famous boyfriend. I immediately tensed because I consider this person – as the father of a young girl – to be nothing short of an emotional terrorist. My wife senses this and asks me what's wrong. I respond that we need to leave immediately for fear my kid and this overly sexualized velociraptor make eye contact even for the briefest of instances. I was dead serious. This is what it's like to have a daughter.

OMG 😱

What an asshole!!!!!!! I think Miley used to be super strange but seriously unless she was harassing his kid (I assume she didn't) that is so uncalled for! 

And what an awful message to send to his kid that it's ok to randomly have beef with people for no reason.

UGH UGH UGH!!!!

On 2/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, Angel12d said:

I just clicked on her twitter and she tweeted about SA sneezing during filming the day after it happened and I thought, that's a really odd thing to randomly tweet about 24 hours later. She's definitely desperate for some attention. Damn, Olicity baby really took the shine off her big throat slash moment I guess? 😬😂

LMAO! I legit forgot her throat got slashed in the last episode until y'all brought it up.

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 3

From this weekend (no real spoilers)...

Pensacon Joe Dinicol interview
Published on Feb 23, 2019, by Comic Insider

-- Interviewer: "From Season 5 of Arrow, right?" JD: "That's right, yes. And very briefly, Season 7. I just popped back very briefly."

-- When asked what it's like being on a CW cast in the Arrowverse, versus being on other shows, JD: "I mean, it's pretty rarefied air. The main thing is - you know, stuff like this, um, a lot of people watch that show... There's not a lot of shows that go five, six, seven, eight seasons. That's pretty rarefied air, so it feels, um - it's galvanizing to be on a show that you know people are going to see, that they celebrate, really get into - and then I get to come to places like this and meet people that really love the show... I consider myself very lucky."

-- When asked if we're going to see Ragman back on Arrow in future seasons or in the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover, JD: "You know, um, your guess is as good as mine. I will say, there's always a lot of talk of bringing me back and so it's just, um - the show has a lot of great characters, a lot of rich characters, and, um, you know, to bring me back would be to explain everything." Then the interviewer noted that the nuclear bomb had taken the power out of his Ragman suit, so JD responded: "That's right. I took the blast of a nuclear bomb. So, yeah, to bring me back would be, I think, a - would take up a bit of story real estate. And so, there's always talk about it. I know that they'd like to, but - ... Listen, if you're not dead, there's a lot of ways to go, you know. Even if you are dead, [unintelligible words]... So the short answer is, probably, maybe, I'd say, yeah." Interviewer said that a lot of fans want to see him back on Arrow. JD: "From their lips to God's ears - and by God, I mean Beth Schwartz. The showrunner. (Laughs) ... I would love it. I had a great time and I love being there and I love that - that whole crew is pretty special."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

https://www.wgfestival.org/full-schedule

Sunday, March 31 • 10:00am - 12:00pm
Writers on Genre: Action & Adventure 

The Writers on Genre series gathers film and TV writers for a discussion about how they craft the stories within their specific genres.
Speakers
Beth Schwartz
Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Writer/Executive Producer
Phil Hay
Writer, Destroyer, Ride Along, Clash of the Titans

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic con (updated, with schedule)...

Fan Expo Vancouver, March 1-3, 2019 (Canada)
Katie Casssidy and Juliana Harkavy (also Tom Cavanagh, Carlos Valdes, Robbie Amell, Hartley Sawyer, Danielle Nicolet, Mehcad Brooks, Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford)
https://www.fanexpovancouver.com/en/guests/celebrities.html
Schedule
-Sat. (3/2) at 11:00am - Spotlight on Mehcad Brooks
-Sat. (3/2) at 3:00pm - The Flash with Tom Cavanagh, Robbie Amell, Danielle Nicolet, Carlos Valdes & Hartley Sawyer
-Sun (3/3) at 3:00pm - Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow with Brandon Routh, Katie Cassidy, Courtney Ford & Juliana Harkavy

Edited by tv echo