Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

No, Colton, although you’re part of the reason fans came up with that. When you and CL started getting pushed to the forefront at the expense of Diggle and Felicity 😏

I didn't realise it was a title fans started? I thought it was just adopted after the episode where Oliver tells Laurel his mission began with Dig and Felicity and he wants to go back to that. 

• Love 1

I think we started mentioning in chats missing the original team dynamic before Sara came.  Roy I more remember not getting too much focus once he officially was added to the team.  He kept vanishing.  Or being in a coma.  But he and Sara at least were eased in.  We got to know them really well before they were welcomed down in the Foundry. 

But Roy before he ever was on Team Arrow he was on Teen Arrow so it's like he just graduated up.   

• Love 2

I miss Teen Arrow, I wish they'd been able to do more with them, that did end abruptly when it looked like it was heating up. I liked 2B a lot better than many people here and they introduced Roy and Sara better than those that came after. Sara was also in the present a lot less than is thought IMO but also in the flashbacks but the show was flashback heavy to set up Slade's stuff and the Lance drama was nonsensical especially because there was absolutely no Sara/Laurel relationship there until the finale not even asking how she was alive or Sara being mute when Laurel talked about also drowning etc. 

53 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

S3 on the other hand *happy sigh* (And the ratings prove it heeee)

Sara, Ray and Mick are now the only Original Legends around. Difference being I actually love a lot of the characters they've brought in.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I miss Teen Arrow, I wish they'd been able to do more with them, that did end abruptly when it looked like it was heating up. I liked 2B a lot better than many people here and they introduced Roy and Sara better than those that came after. Sara was also in the present a lot less than is thought IMO but also in the flashbacks but the show was flashback heavy to set up Slade's stuff and the Lance drama was nonsensical especially because there was absolutely no Sara/Laurel relationship there until the finale not even asking how she was alive or Sara being mute when Laurel talked about also drowning etc. 

I actually love season two. The stakes were so high. And the emotions! my God. Felicity's fear that Oliver would dropkick her as a friend and ally if she told him what she knew about Thea, and Moira's threat. Only to have him SUPPORT her and dropkick his mother's ass to the curb until the near end of the season. Even on rewatch, I'm still tense and on edge, even knowing what's going to happen. The one fly in the ointment is that stick, what's her name again? Right, Isabel/Isobel (sp?) with her pouty mouth and baby-speak. As a minion, of course she's a hypocrite, calling Felicity Oliver's tramp, when she herself slept with her boss, Robert, delusionally thinking he'd divorce Moira for her, blah, blah, blah, fishcakes.

Season three is what I could barely get through, and that was because of the sonorous, monotonous Ra's, and that fakakta story line. The introduction of Katana made up for it. Wish she would come back. If Team Arrow needs "new" blood, she can join.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Ra's wasn't really my issue in season three.  He was serviceable enough even if the premise for it all was so absurd.  My big issue was how damm bleak the show became.  No wins it seemed.  And as much as I hoped/thought they were going to do Olicity, I was just too anxious about them pulling the rug out from under me to really enjoy the angst until the back half.  I haven't yet done a rewatch of that season but knowing how it all turns out now, I might actually find it easier to get into.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

My big issue was how damn bleak the show became.  No wins it seemed.  And as much as I hoped/thought they were going to do Olicity, I was just too anxious about them pulling the rug out from under me to really enjoy the angst until the back half.  I haven't yet done a rewatch of that season but knowing how it all turns out now, I might actually find it easier to get into.  

And this as well. I will say Oliver and Felicity finally making love made up for it. You know my romance lovin' heart, @BkWurm1 Can we say Roarke?

• Love 2

I really liked 2A. They were doing a good job of Oliver and Felicity's dance around each other and while Oliver's cluelessness about Isabel was annoying, it was something I could wait out, unlike Susan in s5.  I also liked Sara in the flashbacks.

The problem was 2B I had great hopes for it especially when they showed Felicity during Slade's "those you love" montage.  But then in 2B Sara came into the present storyline as well as the past and Oliver almost forgot about Felicity entirely right after promising her she'd never lose him. One episode EBR had a total of 3 short lines, including the terrible "Please save Oliver" one.

This show never succeeds when they spend too much time on a character who isn't Oliver. That's what they're doing with Dinah right now and it's making me dislike her intensely.

• Love 7

I binged the first three seasons, so none of them were that horrible, even if they all had their flaws. I was bothered by isolating Oliver from the team in S2 and pretty mich the same thing in S3 with the episodes after his "death". Those seemed neverending. 

• Love 4

Compilation of clips from SA panel at HVFF-San Jose on Dec. 1 (warning: a lot of spoilery crossover comments)...

-- SA: "I never said anything about a 12-year contract... I hope that Arrow goes for a very, very long time. I don't have a 12-year contract. I really hope that, um - I really hope that... That doesn't mean that I can't be on the show for 12 years. I just don't have a 12-year contract." He then said that it was a real accomplishment for Arrow to set up five year flashbacks in the pilot and get to finish those flashbacks. So he said that he hopes The Flash can also tell the 10-year story that was teased in its pilot. SA then said: "I have no idea how the shows will end. None whatsoever."

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest 2018: Stephen Amell Panel
Published on Dec 3, 2018, by steven alvarez

Edited by tv echo

Full video of "Arrow Heroes" panel with DR and CH at HVFF-San Jose on Dec. 2 (warning: includes some spoilery info)...

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest 2018: Diggle and Harper Panel
Published on Dec 3, 2018, by steven alvarez

Next weekend's comic cons...

Pandemonium Con, December 8-9, 2018 (London, UK)
Katherine McNamara (guests are all Shadowhunters actors)
https://www.zarataevents.com/pandemoniumCon/

CCXP 2018, December 6-9, 2018 (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Manu Bennett
https://www.ccxp.com.br/lineup 

ETA: Juliana Harkavy cancelled her scheduled appearance at Jekyll Comic Con, Dec. 8-9, 2018 (GA), "due to work schedule."

Edited by tv echo

Starts at 1:35

Basically he has reached out numerous times, they tell him he probably wouldnt like it because they are way different from SG/TF, he knows there are people over at Arrow that dont like him.

Once MG stepped down he reached out to BS (guessing he didnt know she'd been there since the beginning), gave her the run down of who he is, what he does, history with the character, she let him down gently and told him they already filled all of their slots for the season even though Kevin reached out before they would start booking directors, still holds out hope to direct maybe next season or bring Onomatopoeia to Supergirl or The Flash.

• Love 1

I used to really like Kevin Smith, about 10 or 15 years ago he wrote a really great account of his life and relationship with Jason Mewes during his drug addiction, and I thought it did a great job of describing what it was like to love and care for someone who was so very deep into it. I kind of fell out of following his work a while after that, and I don't have anything against him - even after the fandom stuff that went down when he first tweeted about wanting to direct. But I hope Beth keeps turning him down, simply because he just won't take no for an answer and I know he has a special interest in the subject matter, but there's some entitlement there that turns me off.

• Love 12

Got to support Jersey!

I'd watch the episode if Kevin got to direct, I've enjoyed almost all of his movies (Clerks 2 and Jersey Girl sucked) but, Clerks and Dogma are freaking Brilliant and, I have a soft spot for Mall Rats.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Full video of SA panel at HVFF-San Jose on Dec. 1 (warning: includes several crossover spoilers) - I only transcribed a few nonspoilery comments...

Arrow : Stephen Amell Fan Fest San Jose 2018
Published on Dec 5, 2018, by Fan Fest

-- On James Bamford, SA: "He started as a stunt coordinator. He''s now a supervising producer... Before he was a stunt performer, he was a correctional officer. I'm dead serious. Which actually helped with the prison storyline a lot, just in terms of making things as real as possible." 

-- On how strange it has been not having worn the GA suit or held a bow through the first seven episodes of the season, SA: "Very strange. Although, as someone who hates wardrobe changes, I've really loved my wardrobe this year. I've either been wearing my prison outfit or I've been naked. It's just been one or the other." 

-- On 708, SA: "Normally, when a script comes in for Arrow - like, I just read the script for episode 713 and it came in at 58 pages. A lot of that is screen direction. Forgive me, I assume that everyone, if they haven't read a script, has at least seen the format that I'm talking about. Yes? Yeah, okay, good... But this script came in at, I think, 29, 30 pages. Because normally the stage direction is very specific to how the fight and action sequences happen. In this one, the stage direction just said, 'James, make a cool fight,' and then it went back to the dialogue. And then it would happen again and it would be like, 'James, make a cool fight, Bronze Tiger wins this one,' back to the dialogue. And that happened again and again - like, I got the script and I'm like, 'Where's the rest of it?' Uh, it was a very unique episode for us... I hope that the response that we've gotten to it, which has been really lovely and very heartwarming and rewarding for a show who is, you know, as far in as we are, I hope that they look at that and be look at some more episodes. They don't necessarily have to be action-based, but, you know, maybe an episode where, you know, it's two people, you know, in a room or in a confined space, or maybe it's more like a one-act play... I don't know, something that's a departure from - I'm not saying that because it would be easier to shoot, I swear to God. But something - I don't know, something that's off typical format, so to speak."

-- Little girl in audience: "Can I be, uh, your and Felicity's daughter in the episodes?" Mod: "Awww." SA: "If that ever comes to pass and we ever do - how old are you now?" Little girl: "Seven." SA: "Okay, well, if we ever jump seven years in the future, I know your number." (Makes phone to ear gesture with his hand)

-- Fan: "I asked David and Emily this question at a panel, and I wanted to know how many push-ups you think you could do in 30 seconds, 'cause Emily did more than David." SA: "I bet. Emily's strong. She doesn't go all the way down, but she's very, very strong. (Audience reaction) I don't know what to tell you, there's correct form and there's uncorrect form, or incorrect form, as the case may be. I don't know, maybe 40 or something like that. Is that low? I don't know. Maybe 50, 55. I'm not doing them right now. I'm wearing a flannel shirt. I'll let you know, though. I'll do the challenge and I'll let you know. I promise. I'll videotape it."

-- SA talked about the mistake in 707 when Diggle disappeared from the last shot and how it'll be fixed. (His comments were previously reported so I didn't bother to transcribe them.)

-- SA: "I never said anything about a 12-year contract... I hope that Arrow goes for a very, very long time. I don't have a 12-year contract. I really hope that, um - I really hope that... That doesn't mean that I can't be on the show for 12 years. I just don't have a 12-year contract." He then said that it was a real accomplishment for Arrow to set up five-year flashbacks in the pilot and get to finish those flashbacks. So he said that he hopes The Flash can also tell the 10-year story that was teased in its pilot. SA then said: "I have no idea how the shows will end. None whatsoever."

FYI, videos of other panels at HVFF-San Jose have been posted by Fan Fest on youtube here.

Edited by tv echo

I figured the 29th was wrong. They are still filming. I can’t imagine her getting the script, finding out she wasn’t needed and moving up her wedding. I would think she would have arranged it during negotiations. 

29th made sense to me, because the show breaks for the holidays right before xmas (I thought).  That would give her a few days to finish things and then have some time to honeymoon.  I can't imagine ever moving a wedding up, but assume all the guests were notified much earlier.  

Stephen Amell
December 7, 2018
Facebook! Welcome to The Tastemakers Club!! It's @noNocking Point's new monthly wine club that will feature new collaborators every single month. Sign-ups are now open at nockingpoint.com -- The Club is $49 a month (shipping included) and you can get $10 off of your first box by using the code: HOHOHO -- So pleased to announce our first collaborators, the only and only Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling!

Somebody SAAAAAVVVVVEEEEE MEEEEE!!

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I’m getting flashbacks to when she posted that video about how excited she was and the season was gonna be SO great...and then she ended up all over the flashforwards and basically ruining everything. 😂😂

• Love 2

Well I hope it's not an indication of her screentime/storyline in the ep they're filming now because I'll be skipping that one then. Though she does also do a lot of random cheerleading/ass kissing for it as well I think. 

After how much screen time JH gobbled up in 708, I’m now wary about what her excitement might mean for an episode and for how much she’ll be in them at the expense of any other character not named Oliver. 

This season Rick has taken a different approach with René to a point where he’s easier for me to watch. But JH has somehow managed to make Dinah even more irritating and smug this season than she was last season.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 5