Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It's 7 likely that SA is going to go "you know what Beth, JH is part of our group now, I think we should go GA/BC even if Felicity is still alive."

I'd love to see the viewer reaction to that.

9 hours ago, tv echo said:

From "Arrow Vets" panel at HVFF-NJ today (fyi, minor spoiler is posted in Spoilers thread)...

I love Colton's friendship with EBR just popping up randomly.  Or he'd love a role as meaty as Felicity.  There's still so much they haven't even begun to tap with her character.  

8 hours ago, tv echo said:

And this is why DR is the man.  :D

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well, her HVFF NJ/NY team wants you to know she is the Black Damn Canary ? because when you’re the third version, I guess you have to be really emphatic about it so people aren’t confused.

I actually think they have been using that banner since JH's first HVFF appearance. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

What question?!...

I was there. This guy asked Echo if he does the alternative lifestyle in his real life he does on Arrow. Echo didn't get what he meant. Guy asked if he kisses guys in real life like on the show. Echo said he's straight in real life & has a girlfriend. Echoes tried playing it off as a joke and asked guy if he was hitting on him.

Edited by Proteus

MB singing Beauty and the Beast song at FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention this weekend (warning: video is risqué in part)...

Jess Harnell and Manu Bennett singing together. FANX18
Published on Sep 9, 2018, by Katy McGranahan

Edited by tv echo

Video of entire MB panel at FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention on Sep. 7...

Manu Bennett - Full Panel/Q&A - FanX 2018
Published on Sep 10, 2018, by Ammaross Danan

-- On whether he enjoyed playing Deathstroke (described by fan as a "self-serving, double-dealing personality"), MB: "You know that Oliver injected me with the mirakuru. People tend to forget that. Remember, Slade was sitting there like, after everything he'd been through. half his face had been blown off - he was sitting there, he was going like, 'I'm going, kid, I'll see you later.' He went, 'Slade, I've got this mirakuru, I'm going to inject you with it, you ready?' (Makes sound)  I went (makes sound). Okay, a new episode. Starling City, here I come. To be honest, like I said before about playing the enemy and trying to find the morality in a character? I've always played Slade, uh, with the most moral consciousness that I can, even when he's doing - like, when I got the script and it said, uh, Slade drives a sword through Moira in front of these kids. And I'm in the middle of that scene and Moira's - you know, the lady, the wonderful actress playing Moira, you know, she started adding lines, like, 'Turn away, kids. Don't watch, children, my children,' you know, and stuff like this, and it was a really, really difficult, harrowing scene to play. And everybody played it beautifully. You know, Steve did a really beautiful job. You know, you could just feel the scene was like, I don't know, it was a Shakespeare tragedy sort of moment... I think that was the most challenging time when, as Slade Wilson, I was doing something - and even in any depth of his consciousness, he was going to follow through with this. But I'll bring up the conversation I had a minute ago about over on the other side of the world, you know, those videotapes that are made, that this sort of thing happens. And the conviction that goes with that is tough and horrible and ugly, and I had to live through it in that moment as Slade Wilson. And I remember trying to think to myself, how can you hold onto anything in a moment like this, other than resentment, anger, hatred, all those dark, dark qualities? And I didn't like to have to play that character at all. I thought the next convention I went to, every woman was going to beat me with her handbag. And I remember being able to deliver the line, which was the one saving grace, where I said to her, 'If only your son had the courage that you're showing,' something like this [unintelligible word] of line. And then I did it. And it was like a - it was a horrible, horrible moment for me, you know. But it was a very huge turning point in the arc of Arrow, you know. And it worked effectively, you know. Strangely, I went to a convention about two weeks later, and this woman came up to my table, and she walked straight up and she went, 'What you did to Moira was despicable! But I still like Slade.' And, you know - and the only reason I can even imagine that she said that is because of the sensitivity on the island when Oliver and I were - when I was like his father figure, trying to help him out on the island. We're just trying to survive, you know. Teaching him how to use the sticks, and teach him to survive, and go home. 'Kid, you're going to be toast,' you know. We get to the point where, you know, 'I think you're ready.' To the point where, you know, we pretty much save the island. And then they threw a screwball in my direction on storyline and said, 'You're in love with Shado.' And I remember at the time, acting with [unintelligible word] playing the Shado character, and I was like, 'Really?' And they said, 'Yeah, yeah, we're going to make it a love triangle between you and Steve, and they're going to make you peer through a bush at them sort of getting together, and you're very jealous.' And I was like, 'Oh god, here I go down - excuse my language, but here I go down that path of no return again.' But all I could think was to play it with a degree of reality, you know, just sit there in the bush and imagine that, you know, uh, you know, I had some affection for Shado, you know, and then that kind of led into a kind of Shakespearean tragic thing where - where, you know, I thought that Oliver had killed Shado. And these convictions came on. Anyway... all the way through it, I was just - especially this - I had met Marv Wolfman, and Marv Wolfman, you know, uh, gave me a few heads up on how he'd written Slade Wilson, you know, and the intentions that he had. And none of the comic book things really tied into how dark and evil they'd made him in the television show. So I was always trying to hold onto some morality, so that somehow Slade Wilson could be redeemed to be the Slade Wilson/Deathstroke that is in the Marv Wolfman world. You know, and I really fought for the opportunities to try to keep him in that moral circle somehow, so that in Season 6, when I walked out of the prison cell and I said, 'Hey kid, the mirakuru's worn off. It was like a - I can remember it, but it's just like a nightmare.' You know, it's like - and everyone kinda went, 'What's going on here?' And then Oliver was like, 'Slade, you know, um, I know you're looking for your son. I think I know where he might be.' And I was like, 'My son Joe?' And he's like, 'Yeah, um, I need you to help me get my son as well.' And I went, 'You and me again, kid. Just like old times.' And it was like, everything in the middle just vanished. Not everything, but, you know, they gave us this chance to rework the earlier relationship. And, uh, I really appreciated that from the writers. I appreciated that they gave Slade that kind of reprieve and that return. Unfortunately - or fortunately, 'cause I hope Joe - listen, I hope Joe Manganiello makes a frickin' kickass, great Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in the film. Joe Manganiello is a really great guy. I've met him a couple of times. Amazing, amazing physique. And, uh, when he puts that outfit on, I really wish him the best. (Softly) Motherf**ker (laughs). (Normal voice) I do. I do. But, unfortunately, as a result of that, you know, we can't continue the television storyline, you know, for awhile. I don't know. I don't know what's happened... But hopefully, at some stage, we'll get back there, because the story line that they started taking me on, you know, Slade and going after his family, you know, that's a really interesting part of the Marv Wolfman universe for the character. So who knows, you know. Maybe after the movie comes out...."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Video of "New School" panel at HVFF-NJ on Sep. 9 - I watched this entire video, but I just wasn't interested enough to transcribe everything, so I only transcribed one of Josh's comments...

The Arrow New School Panel 09.09.18 Heroes and Villains Fanfest Edison,NJ
Published on Sep 10, 2018, by Lisa Marie

-- On whether there's a chance for Adrian Chase to make an appearance on Arrow soon, Josh Segarra: "There's always a chance, you know. But I think that Earth-2 Adrian Chase is currently at max prison in Litchfield. His moniker is Damillo[sp?] Stefanovic, and he's taking his aggressions out on inmates."(*)

(* JS made his debut this year on Orange Is the New Black, Season 6, playing a correctional officer named Stefanovic.)

ETA:  Fan Fest's recording of the "New School" panel - includes an additional 5 minutes at the beginning when it was only JS and KA on the panel:

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Keystone Comic Con, September 14-16, 2018 (Philadephia, PA)
John Barrowman (also Mehcad Brooks)
http://www.keystonecomiccon.com/Guests/Entertainment-Guests/
Programming Schedule
Fri. (9/14) at 4:00pm - "Acursian Spotlight Panel" (incl. John Barrowman)
Sat. (9/15) at 2:30pm - "John Barrowman Spotlight"
Sun. (9/16) at 2:30pm - "True Blood Panel" (incl. Mehcad Brooks)

Cincinnati Comic Expo, September 14-16, 2018 (OH)
Katrina Law, Manu Bennett and Summer Glau
http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/celebrities/
Panels & Workshops
Fri. (9/14) at 7:00pm - "Spotlight on Katrina Law"
Sun. (9/16) at 2:00pm - "Spotlight on Summer Glau"
Sun. (9/16) at 3:00pm - "Spotlight on Manu Bennett"

Comic Con Africa, September 14-16, 2018 (Johannesburg, South Africa)
Andy Diggle, comic book writer of Green Arrow: Year One
https://www.comicconafrica.co.za/en/visit/celebrity-guests.html
Event Programme
Fri. (9/14) at 12:00pm - "The Monsters Inside" (incl. Andy Diggle)
Fri. (9/14) at 2:30pm - "International Comic Guests Panel" (incl. Andy Diggle)
Fri. (9/14) at 4:00pm - "Comic Book Genesis - Processes of Creating a Comic Book" (incl. Andy Diggle)
Sat. (9/15) at 11:00am - "Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda" (incl. Andy Diggle)
Sat. (9/15) at 2:00pm - "International Comic Guests Panel" (incl. Andy Diggle)
Sat. (9/15) at 4:00pm - "Comic Book Genesis - Processes of Creating a Comic Book" (incl. Andy Diggle)
Sun. (9/16) at 12:30pm - "International Comic Guests Panel" (incl. Andy Diggle)

Comic Con Baltics, September 15-16, 2018 (Vilnius, Lithuania)
(Rick Cosnett)
https://www.ccbaltics.com/guests/
Schedule
Sat. (9/15) at 12:00pm - Rick Cosnett
Sun. (9/16) at 1:00pm - Rick Cosnett

Edited by tv echo
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

And I'm in the middle of that scene and Moira's - you know, the lady, the wonderful actress playing Moira, you know, she started adding lines, like, 'Turn away, kids. Don't watch, children, my children,' you know, and stuff like this, and it was a really, really difficult, harrowing scene to play. And everybody played it beautifully.

Kudos to Susanna Thompson

15 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

ETA: DR so very handsome! Why can't we have 5 eps of Dig with a beard instead! I bet he can pull it off! 

He really is gorgeous with a beard. 

• Love 2

Video of full "Arrow Vets" panel at HVFF-NJ on Sep. 8 (warning: includes minor spoilers)...

Arrow : David Ramsey and Colton Haynes HVFF New Jersey 2018
Published on Sep 12, 2018, by Fan Fest

-- CH: "This beard is not working out." DR: "I like the beard. Jeesh[not sure of word]!" CH: "The beard's for work. Otherwise I would shave it. So that's one of the only spoilers I can give you, so-" DR: "Oh, the beard's for work... What kind of work are you doing that requires a beard, Colton Haynes?" CH: "Well, I work on a television show, uh, called Arrow, as you guys know, now I'm back. And, um, now I have to have a beard. And not get haircuts. So that's - you know, how much that makes me upset. But I still love being on the show. But I'd like to somehow find my face back."

-- When asked about their fave part of working on Arrow, CH said that he and DR can't work together a lot because "we crack up too much, so we have to say our lines to the side of each other's faces." DR said that, for him, it's "very, very difficult" working with CH, SA and JB: "Colton is almost like the brother from another mother for me. It's true. We're wearing the same shoes." CH said that he wore these shoes to make DR mad because he didn't think he'd have them yet. DR said that he did the same thing. CH said that sometimes he shows up on set and DR will bring him shoes just because he thought he should have them. CH: "Are we dating now?" DR: "Print that." DR: "I've said this a thousand times, and this is just another example of it. It's one of these rare things where the actors on the show actually do like each other and do get along outside of the show. And it's not make-believe in that respect. And I think that kind of comes through on screen, I think. That's part of the chemistry that you guys identify with, is that, 'oh, these guys really work well together, and it's because they actually do like each other.'"

-- On how the buzz and excitement of Beth Schwartz's becoming the new showrunner have affected them, CH: "Well, we can't say anything now." DR: "No, we can't. That's the thing - that's the first thing it does, right?" CH: "Okay... And I can't keep my mouth shut. So I want to tell you guys everything. (DR interjected, "I don't.") You know that... So they redact - they take away certain scenes from the script, so the crew doesn't know. And so some of the cast doesn't know. So, when I'm filming my scene, half the people don't know what - it's out of the script, so no one knows what's going on. So, uh, she's made - I think in a great way to make it exciting for all of you guys - um, she's kept us in the dark just as much as you guys are in the dark. So I don't know what he's doing. He doesn't know what I'm doing. So I guess we'll find out in October." DR: "It's true. It's true. Like, we literally get pages and pages of script with blacked-out dialogue, so we don't know." CH: "And then I'll get text being like, 'Don't give any spoilers.'" DR: "What spoilers can we give?" CH: "I don't know what's happening. So, yeah, it's a weird way to work, but it's going to create a lot of buzz for you guys. It's exciting." DR: "What's also interesting for me is because, usually when I come to these cons, people always come to my line, they're like, 'So Dave, whatchoo know?' And I'll tell them, because that's what I do... I could before. But I really don't know this time. Like, I don't know. I wish I did, but I don't." CH: "I'll get fired if I say anything." DR: "You won't get fired." CH: "No, they're not going to fire me." DR: "They cannot fire Colton Haynes. That just can't happen." CH: "Thank you...

But I can say that, um, you're not going to - you have no idea what my character's - what's going to happen to him this year. You're not going to recognize me and you're not going to have any idea what's happening." DR: "That's right. Because you're going to take off your mask. And you're going to be Diggle." CH: "That would be my dream. To look like you. Yeah." DR: "Oh, that's so nice. We are dating." CH: "I would get so much if I looked like you."

-- Fan mentioned that Roy had given Thea his Arsenal costume and asked if Roy was getting an updated suit, CH: "It's interesting that whenever that did happen, we fit in the same clothes. I was like, okay, that makes me feel good, you know. Like, I felt very svelte.... I don't know if Roy - (To DR) I can hear you laughing at me - I don't know if Roy is coming back as Roy, if he's coming back as Arsenal. I don't know what - if he's coming back as Superman. I don't know... I'm not sure where the suit is at the moment. I can say that."

-- When a fan asked about his fave Diggle/Roy moment, DR: "My favorite moment as Diggle. There's so many, Colton. There's just so many. But I would have to say, um, a few that come to mind. The first one that just came - I think it was the most recent, was, uh, the fight between me and Oliver. I think that was a really good moment. Um, we worked really hard on that to try to get it right, try to get the story right. Um, I think there was another, uh, great moment. Oddly enough, it's when you are involved. It's a moment, R2D2, when, um, Colton Haynes comes down into the Foundry, led by Felicity Smoak, and he's introduced to the rest of the team. And we kind of form a nucleus right there that kind of goes forward into the season. And only the real diehard fans will know the season that I'm talking about. But that's also one of my favorite moments as Diggle. The other favorite moment as Diggle is when we give Oliver his mask. I like that moment too. Me and Felicity give him his mask. That's a good moment too. There's a lot of great moments."

-- On who they think is the most powerful superhero, CH said Wonder Woman or Batwoman. DR said that "somewhere between Dark Phoenix and Galactus" is the "most powerful Marvel character" and that Darkseid is the most powerful DC character.

-- If they could be any other character in the Arrowverse, who would they be? DR: "Flash." CH: "The question was, okay, in the Arrowverse, who would you want to be? I mean, we know it's Felicity. I mean, of course, yeah. So, Felicity. Or - yeah, Felicity." DR: "Good answer."

-- If they could have any superpower, what would it be? CH: "X-ray vision. For sure." DR: "Xavier's change minds, control minds."

-- CH then answered a Teen Wolf question.

-- What was their favorite episode to film? CH said it was his first one (1x15?). He also mentioned the episode when he left the show and said good-bye to the team, when everyone was crying. DR said that his favorite episode was "probably the first one, the pilot" because it was "just so new" and there was "so much energy" and they "had no idea what was coming."

-- DR once again talked about how "rare" it was to have casts that got along so well together. He also said that, even when the newbies (JH, RG, EK) came on board, they also immediately became "family."

-- Some CH talk about the Jersey Shore show and club dancing in NJ.

-- On whether they see their characters fighting for the GA suit now that Oliver is in jail, DR: "That's pretty good. That's a good one. Who asked that? Hey, girl!" CH: "That's a great question. Um, I've had the suit before. (To DR) And so have you. Oh, they better not make us like rivals." DR: "That would suck." CH: "If we're figh- obviously I'd lose, but -" DR: "No, no, I think Diggle would - it wouldn't be easy." CH: "Don't you already have your suit, though?" DR: "I think we're beyond that. I mean, here's the quick answer to your question and the real answer to your question... I think there's part of a message that the show was trying to say other people wanted the suit... I think we're getting away from that. I think that's not really our story, our show. Green Arrow is Green Arrow. Oliver Queen... And though I think other people have worn the suit, it's like the cowl on Bruce Wayne, right? That's who he is. So, um, no. The answer is that you won't find Roy Harper and John Diggle fighting over the Green Arrow suit. No. That won't happen."

-- On which Arrowverse character they'd like to work with, that they haven't worked with yet, CH: "I would say, Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. It's like a dream. I mean, I've worked with Tyler on a million jobs, um, and I keep having my fingers crossed that I get to... I hope I get to work with him." DR: "I would like to see the Black Lightning cast come into our universe... I would like to see them - us - them - just where they exist in the Arrowverse, if they exist in the Arrowverse... 'Cause I think it's such a great show. And, um, they haven't been part of our crossover as of yet."

-- Some spoilery Arrowverse crossover discussion.

-- A female fan invited DR to dinner "with us... It'd be my treat." DR: "Maybe. For dinner. I like steak."

-- Male Fan: "Hi, my name is Dash. And my question is, why is everybody seemingly okay with Evil Laurel Lance just walking around in society, like, she's already outed as the Black Canary, she's supposed to be dead, and, like, the good guys just don't seem to care at all that she's taking over their Laurel's life, like, how do the characters react to that?"  DR: "It's a great question. It's a very good question.

Um, I think they're going to address that more this season. That's the quick answer to it.

But I also think there's, um - I can't speak for the writers of the show, but I've been an actor on the show for seven seasons and I know that the John Diggle and Felicity Smoak characters particularly have been conduits used to help our lead, Oliver Queen, regain his humanity. Okay? Oliver Queen from Season 1 is totally different than the Oliver Queen in Season 6.

(CH interjected, "Especially this season.")  Especially this season. So, I think, part of this is about his understanding of redemption. Like I said, I can't speak for them. But, from my vantage point, that's how I read the character. So I read part of what the allowance that he gives to this new Laurel, and the, um, license he gives to her to change, is almost a mirror image of himself being able to change. And also he feels guilty, right? About the death of the original Laurel Lance. But the bigger story to your question of, you know, just in the whole world of the city, how are they allowing her to kind of assume this new life, I think they will get to that. But part of this - part of this was - because all of these stories lead to our lead, Oliver Queen, right? So that's why I always go back to him. So I think that's part of what the writers want to show is, how this relates to Oliver. But I think some of what you're asking will be addressed this season."

-- On whether they think their characters on Arrow survived Thanos' snap in Avengers: Infinity War, DR: Yeah." CH: "I'd probably say, yeah... Maybe not mine. I haven't seen the movie yet." DR: "Yeah, we survived it, because our universe, they don't exist."

-- On which Marvel movie they'd like to be in, CH said that he has not seen a single Marvel movie or any Superman movie or any X-Men movie. He added that he just loves playing a superhero and would love to be in any superhero movie, DC or Marvel. He then said "Aquaman... because when I got to be around Jason Momoa, it was the best moment of my life." DR said "Guardians of the Galaxy" because they "just seem to have so much fun."

-- On the most challenging part of Roy's story arc in terms of playing the character, CH mentioned Roy's emotional scenes with Thea. He added that when Beth Schwartz was just a writer, she was "mainly in charge of writing" Roy and Thea's romantic scenes. He said that their "back-and-forth... love story was so dynamic."

CH: "I think that Roy and Thea will always love each other. I really don't know if Roy's going to have - I promise, I don't know this. I'm not lying. I don't know if there's going to be a love interest for Roy this season. But if there is, it's going to be kind of hard to top not having Thea."

-- On which Marvel character they would team up with, CH: "Thor. Great, great movie." DR: "Guardians."

-- On which show they like crossing over with the best, DR: "The Flash. Yeah, yeah, easily, easily The Flash. Yeah, The Flash is, you know - like, on our set, it's all dark, dank, dark... Like, they're literally on the other side of this curtain. Like, Arrow's here and they're on the other side of the wall, like, at the studio. You go over there, man, and it's like, bright lights and balloons." CH: "Ours is like dead roses and scorpions." DR: "Dead roses and sad songs. Scorpions. Violins." CH: "Everyone's playing a violin on our set." DR: "Everyone's playing a violin -" CH: "A small one. Everyone's crying." DR: "Everybody's crying."

-- On which he liked to play more, Spartan or Green Arrow, DR: "Spartan."

-- On whether they were ever intimidated by SA, CH: "Of course I was, yeah... He just does muscle-ups, and he's always working out. And I'm always eating fast food, and I don't really, like - He's just always so handsome and, like, beautiful." DR: "He is beautiful." CH: "All the time, though. Like, all the time." DR: "That's true. That's true." CH: "You can't keep up." DR: "No."

-- On whether they saw their characters developing the way they did on the show, DR: "I definitely did not."

CH: "The development now, especially with this season, I did not see this coming. Like, I have no idea how that - what you guys are going to do." DR: "The few things I know about this season, and this is exactly what Colton is saying, like, I had no idea where they're going, your head might explode, and the asthma attack might return." CH: "You can't explain it. So, no, I have no idea, at all. You'll see. October 15th."

-- On their fave character to do a crossover with, DR: "Grant Gustin." CH said that he hasn't done a crossover yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Candice Patton's tweets about how Funko has released all the male characters and none of the female characters on the Flash has shown up on my twitter feed, which is surprising because my feed  is non-fannish. I went and looked at the Felicity Funko, and I think they've let the license lapse because her figure is only available from secondary distributors and collectors and they are in the $30 - $40 range, way outside the average. I don't know enough about the collectables market to know how long licenses are granted and remain profitable, but I'm surprised the deal sunsetted already especially because figures like the DCTV Reverse Flash and Deathstroke, which came out at the same time, are still in active production and Felicity's sales figures were always strong. Even at that price range, she's still holding her own, sales wise, with some of the secondary characters.

I have to say, I have no interest in meeting any Arrowverse actors, but Candice Patton comes across as smart, witty, and like she's paying attention to the world, and she's the only one I can see wanting to sit down and have a cup of coffee with.  Oh, Brandon Routh, too.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 7
On 13/09/2018 at 9:23 PM, thegirlsleuth said:

Candice Patton's tweets about how Funko has released all the male characters and none of the female characters on the Flash has shown up on my twitter feed, which is surprising because my feed  is non-fannish. I went and looked at the Felicity Funko, and I think they've let the license lapse because her figure is only available from secondary distributors and collectors and they are in the $30 - $40 range, way outside the average. I don't know enough about the collectables market to know how long licenses are granted and remain profitable, but I'm surprised the deal sunsetted already especially because figures like the DCTV Reverse Flash and Deathstroke, which came out at the same time, are still in active production and Felicity's sales figures were always strong. Even at that price range, she's still holding her own, sales wise, with some of the secondary characters.

I have to say, I have no interest in meeting any Arrowverse actors, but Candice Patton comes across as smart, witty, and like she's paying attention to the world, and she's the only one I can see wanting to sit down and have a cup of coffee with.  Oh, Brandon Routh, too.

Isn't the company notorious for not creating a lot of female and POC funko pops though? So, I am not surprised they forgot to create an Iris West funko. cw9Dhs2.jpg

• Love 2

Videos of MB interviews with local Cincinnati news stations (the first one is with Local 12, WKRC-TV, and the second one is with Fox19 Now) in connection with Cincinnati Comic Expo this weekend - no spoilers...

"Arrow" and "Spartacus" actor Manu Bennett to appear at Cincinnati Comic Expo [VIDEO]
WKRC  September 14th 2018
https://local12.com/news/good-morning-cincinnati/arrow-and-spartacus-actor-manu-bennett-to-appear-at-cincinnati-comic-expo

Manu Bennett talks Cincinnati Comic Expo [VIDEO]
Morning Show  September 14, 2018 
http://www.fox19.com/video/2018/09/14/manu-bennett-talks-cincinnati-comic-expo/

3 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Isn't the company notorious for not creating a lot of female and POC funko pops though? So, I am not surprised they forgot to create an Iris West funko.

Just in terms of Arrowverse Pops, I wouldn't say that women or POC are any less represented in toys than there are on the shows. Funko has made Jax-as-Firestorm, Hawkgirl, White Canary, Black Canary, two versions of Thea-as-Speedy, Felicity Smoak, John Diggle-as-Arrow, and in the most recent wave of Flash Pops, Wally-Kid Flash, Vibe, and Killer Frost. I think Iris being a non-mask character and not having a distinctive look (like how Felicity had her ponytail, glasses, pink blouse, and computer) are more obvious reasons why she's been left out.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

Next weekend's cons/events (updated, with schedules) - I don't know how KC is going to go from Edmonton to Boston on the same day...

Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo, September 21-23, 2018 (Edmonton, Canada)
Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman (also Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes and Katee Sackhoff)
https://www.edmontonexpo.com/en/guests/celebrities.html
2018 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Attractions [Schedule]
-Fri. (9/21) at 6:00pm - "Spotlight on Katee Sackhoff"
-Sat. (9/22) at 1:00pm - "The Flash with Danielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes"
-Sat. (9/22) at 5:00pm - "Spotlight on John Barrowman"
-Sun. (9/23) at 12:00pm - "Spotlight on Katie Cassidy"

Boston Film Festival, September 20-23, 2018 (Boston, MA)
Katie Cassidy (for Grace screening)
http://bostonfilmfestival.org/
Schedule
-Sun. (9/23) at 9:15pm - Showing time for Grace

MegaCon Tampa Bay, September 21-23, 2018 (Tampa, Florida)
Manu Bennett and Summer Glau
http://megacontampabay.com/guests/
Schedule
-Sun. (9/23) at 12:00pm - "Celebrity Q&A with Manu Bennett"
-Sun. (9/23) at 2:00pm - "Celebrity Q&A with Summer Glau"

Edited by tv echo
UPDATED FOR CANCELLATIONS
On 9/16/2018 at 9:17 AM, lemotomato said:

Just in terms of Arrowverse Pops, I wouldn't say that women or POC are any less represented in toys than there are on the shows. Funko has made Jax-as-Firestorm, Hawkgirl, White Canary, Black Canary, two versions of Thea-as-Speedy, Felicity Smoak, John Diggle-as-Arrow, and in the most recent wave of Flash Pops, Wally-Kid Flash, Vibe, and Killer Frost. I think Iris being a non-mask character and not having a distinctive look (like how Felicity had her ponytail, glasses, pink blouse, and computer) are more obvious reasons why she's been left out.

I wasn't talking about Arrowverse alone but since we are then I don't think it is right they have done multiple versions of other Arrowverse characters but have never had the decency to one of Diggle as Spartan and he has been Spartan for years now. Nor have they done one of Vixen even though she has her own web-series and has been part of legends for years now. I also think it is stupid of them not to one of CP's Iris West. I think she is the first comic book character DCTV has race bended successfully on these shows. So, that alone makes her a contender for a funko pop. There are millions of girls that see themselves in Iris West and would love to have a funko pop of hers. Representation matters. 

Anyways, I think Funko has a problem creating many POC/women funko pops compared to their white/male counterparts but we can agree to disagree on this situation and move on. 

• Love 4
On 9/17/2018 at 11:54 PM, lemotomato said:

I love that!

(Also, for some reason I thought Simon wasn't SA's stunt double anymore by season 4)

Simon (as far as i know) is Supergirl's stunt co-ordinator now but maybe he still does a bit on Arrow? not sure 

Yeah, isn’t that the con we expected her to cancel for the film festival (which, really, would have been completely understandable)? If there is a family emergency (and we see her cancel the festival), I hope everything’s okay since she’s been cancelling appearances for family emergencies for a while now.