Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Recap of JB panel at Dragon Con on Saturday (Sep. 1)...

Game of Bones: The John Barrowman Show
Brandilyn Carpenter and Ralph Gallagher September 2, 2018
http://dailydragon.dragoncon.org/dc2018/game-of-bones-the-john-barrowman-show-for-review/

When asked about having a crush on his co-actors on set, Barrowman took the opportunity to bring his husband Scott on stage as he told stories about working with Stephen Amell on the set of Arrow.

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's cons/events (updated, with schedules)...

Heroes & Villains FanFest-New Jersey, September 8-9, 2018 (Edison, NJ)
David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Echo Kellum, Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez, Katie Cassidy, Kirk Acevedo and Josh Segarra (also Candice Patton, Victor Garber, Tyler Hoechlin, Hartley Sawyer, Franz Drameh and Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/newjersey/guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (9/8) at 11:00am - "Firestorm" (Victor Garber, Franz Drameh, Robbie Amell)
-Sat. (9/8) at 2:00pm - "Arrow Vets" (David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Colton Haynes)
-Sun. (9/9) at 12:30pm - "The Flash" (Candice Patton, Hartley Sawyer)
-Sun. (9/9) at 2:00pm - "Superman" (Tyler Hoechlin)
-Sun. (9/9) at 3:15pm - "Arrow New School" (Kirk Acevedo, Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez, Echo Kellum, Josh Segarra)

FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, September 6-8, 2018 (Salt Lake City, UT)
Manu Bennett (also Caity Lotz-SAT only, Brandon Routh-SAT only, and John Wesley Shipp)
https://www.fanxsaltlake.com/guests/
Schedule
-Fri. (9/7) at 4:30pm - "Manu Bennett Spotlight Panel"
-Fri. (9/7) at 6:00pm - "John Wesley Shipp Spotlight Panel"
-Sat. (9/8) at 2:00pm - "Legends of Tomorrow Spotlight" (Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh)

Rose City Comic Con, September 7-9, 2018 (Portland, OR)
John Barrowman (also Caity Lotz-SUN only and Brandon Routh-SUN only)
https://rosecitycomiccon.com/guests/
Programming/Schedule
-Sat. (9/8) at 3:00pm - "John Barrowman Does It All"
-Sun. (9/9) at 12:00pm - "Legends of Tomorrow Today" (Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh)

Hall of Heroes Comic Con, September 8-9, 2018 (Elkhart, IN)
Katrina Law
https://hohcomiccon.org/special-guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (9/8) at 3:00pm - Katrina Law

ALDF's Justice for Animals Fundraising Gala, September 8, 2018 (Los Angeles, CA)
Charlotte Ross (host)
https://501auctions.com/justiceforanimals
https://twitter.com/ALDF/status/1028038483854675968
-Sat. (9/8) at 5:30pm - "2018 Justice for Animals Fundraising Gala"

Edited by tv echo

Video of pre-match confrontation between SA and Christopher Daniels...

Christopher Daniels Confronts Stephen Amell Before ALL IN
Published on Aug 28, 2018, by Elite Caps

And here's another positive review for SA's All In performance...

ARROW Star Stephen Amell Put On An Impressive Display At The ALL IN PPV
Josh Wilding | 9/2/2018
https://theringreport.com/indy_wrestling/arrow-star-stephen-amell-put-on-an-impressive-display-at-the-all-in-ppv-a5108

Stephen Amell first wrestled at WWE SummerSlam back in 2015 when he impressed picky wrestling fans by pulling off some impressive moves and proving that he was more than just an actor playing a wrestler. Since then, he's made a number of appearances on the Indy wrestling scene, working closely with Cody Rhodes (who is the son of the legendary performer Dusty Rhodes) and the Bullet Club.

Last night, Amell had his first singles wrestling match against Indy wrestling icon Christopher Daniels. They've been hyping it up on social media for months now and in an impressive twelve-minute bout, the Arrow star won the respect of fans by delivering a solid performance which may point to him having a career in the squared circle one he's finished playing the Emerald Archer on The CW.

He ultimately ended up losing but as you can see below, Amell still pulled off some pretty crazy moves and the Chicago crowd (which was 10,000 strong) ate it up. As of right now, wrestling appears to be a hobby for the actor but it's feasible that he'll decide to move on from acting to pursue it on a permanent basis somewhere down the line. Did you catch his match at All In? Sound off down below.

Edited by tv echo

He basically only implied he might not re-sign in that podcast so that he could get more money from them. It was pretty obvious he would. 

Here's hoping the CW doesn't drag the show through the gutter. Considering the amount of recycled storylines they've already gone through by season 6 the writers already don't have much creative juices left in them. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

He basically only implied he might not re-sign in that podcast so that he could get more money from them. It was pretty obvious he would. 

Here's hoping the CW doesn't drag the show through the gutter. Considering the amount of recycled storylines they've already gone through by season 6 the writers already don't have much creative juices left in them. 

True. I hope DR and EBR have also re signed. Not that they are likely to announce it on social media. If they haven't I'd like to know early so I can prepare myself like with WH.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

True. I hope DR and EBR have also re signed.

Considering neither of them seem to have other career options I don't see why they wouldn't it. I'm assuming they asked for and likely/hopefully  recieved more money as well. Especially someone like Emily who would have got a shit deal when she first signed but is now bargaining from the position of being the female lead the last five years.

I'm worried about Emily leaving the most. DR has been in a lot of things and knows what is out there. He's likely to peace out and stay.

Emily might not have anything great lined up but she's young so more likely to spread her wings and explore regardless of whether she will succeed or not, especially given what a bit of a shit show Arrow is. 

Didn't Nina Dobrev leave when ratings for TVD were fine and she was getting lots of storylines, playing Katherine etc?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

SA revealed on his FB live that contract negotiations are over and if Arrow is picked up for S8 he will be there. He isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Irregardless of his interviews, it was always obvious that he was going to resign. Arrow is the one thing that keeps him relevant and he knows it. He's going to cling to this show like a castaway to a lifeboat. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm worried about Emily leaving the most. DR has been in a lot of things and knows what is out there. He's likely to peace out and stay.

I’d be more worried if EBR was making moves and trying to spread her wings during hiatus, but she doesn’t seem interested in chasing fame. She was pretty well positioned after Brooklyn, but she keeps opting for really small indies and local plays. Which I love because it seems to be what makes her happy, but I’m surprised she’s not taking more advantage of the tiny window of momentum being a series regular affords you. Though now that she leveled up her agents/PR, maybe we’ll see her make some bigger moves next summer.

I’m more worried about DR. Not because I think he’d ever want to leave, but because if the show drags on to 9, 10, 11 seasons, Oliver’s best friend is one of the few things he’ll have left that the writers can take away from him (assuming they don’t kill his wife or kid). From a storytelling point of view, I worry.

From the podcast it sounds like negotiations from now on out are on a season by season basis, so we will probably get this kind of public posturing from SA every summer now. 

• Love 3

I'd want to see how scheduling works for next season too before jumping on how long they might keep going. With Batwoman being prepped to kind of take the slack in the dark corner when Arrow leaves eventually, I wonder if they'll decrease Arrow's episode count even more to give the cast more money/more opportunities to do other projects.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Considering neither of them seem to have other career options I don't see why they wouldn't it.

DR is a black man in his forties. Unfortunately the opportunities for him are limited.  He was the lead of his own show and it only lasted 22 episodes. It makes sense for him to stay and get a steady paycheque while he can.

EBR has a different problem. Although older women are getting more roles in Hollywood, a woman's Best Before date is still in her early thirties.

• Love 2

Didn't someone point out once that when DR and KC are scheduled on a panel one of them always ends of canceling? 

19 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

ChristianMCooper @christian_coop1

#TBT on #SideKick with with my set parents #JoshDallas and #EmilyBettRickards #CaptainStrong #Shockwave Such a fun movie to be a part of!

DmcGpYMVsAUuGRn.jpg

So cute.

I would love to see EBR and JD in another project together. I thought they had good chemistry in Sidekick. 

• Love 11

Here's the SA facebook video that's discussed above...

Stephen Amell was live.
September 5 at 7:24 PM · 
A ton of gratitude and some Arrow talk!

-- SA: "Onto Arrow, without getting into specifics, I did the Michael Rosenbaum podcast, as you know, and I've been getting a lot of notes on twitter and facebook, um, uh, telling me not to leave after Season 7, which I - seemed kinda strange. Anyway, I don't want to go too far into the weeds, but, um, I would just like to let everybody know that if, um, if we are lucky enough to get an 8th season, or another season that is on The CW, if CW is, you know, behind us, and WB is still behind us, and you, the viewers and the fans, are still behind us, I want to let everybody know that I will be back for Season 8. I'm not going anywhere. So, um, that's just the nature of the business. You work in your contract when you get into these later seasons, but I'm more than happy to report that, um, you know, I've reached an agreement with the WB and CW to continue on in the role of Oliver Queen and, um, nothing makes me happier, 'cause I love this job. That's it. ... Regardless of whether or not we do get an 8th season, and I really enjoy how things are going right now, um, the fact that we are even discussing something with the word '8' involved, or the number 8, as the case may be, is a testament to how much people enjoy doing the show, but more importantly, how much you guys have supported us. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you." 

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Has Carina ever acknowledged fellow JAR member Juliana or is she not useful/ famous enough for Carina to use?

I don't follow any of that talk on SM but the feeling I get is she'd mention anyone slightly famous. Who else in the cast is part of JAR?

On 9/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, Delphi said:

I just keep thinking about that wrestler who snapped and murdered his family and when they dissected his brain it turns out he had the brain of an 89 year old dementia patient.   Like, dude,  you already do stunts,  we know you do stunts,  stop trying to kill yourself. 

Chris Benoit one of my favorites :( 

24 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Someone should tell JH to run for her life but part of me thinks she probably loves the attention. ??

I'm guessing she loves it considering how eager she is to show she's BFFs with SA and kiss ass. And she started promoting herself as BC the minute she was announced (not unsurprisingly). But Carina seems so desperate she'd probably kiss ass with a random guest star on SM to prove how connected she is.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

Onto Arrow, without getting into specifics, I did the Michael Rosenbaum podcast, as you know, and I've been getting a lot of notes on twitter and facebook, um, uh, telling me not to leave after Season 7, which I - seemed kinda strange.

He can’t possibly be surprised that people were thinking he was out after S7. It’s not just that one podcast that kickstarted the speculation. He was floating the possibility of leaving when his contract was up since before S6 ended.  

If it was a negotiating tactic it worked for him if he’s agreed to stay on for a potential S8.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Someone should tell JH to run for her life but part of me thinks she probably loves the attention. ??

Well, they need an Arrow actress in there, as it seems Emily is ghosting them these days.  

2 hours ago, sadfangirl said:

Well, they need an Arrow actress in there, as it seems Emily is ghosting them these days.  

Or as with that wine party thing still around sometimes but not desperate enough to tag all of them all over SM. 

• Love 2

I wonder if she tried hanging with them for a year and then decided they are not quite for her. Or maybe she is hanging with them but doing it in stealth mode because they are kind of embarrassing. Either way it's amusing. 

The wine party thing was hilarious! How she managed to hide from the group photo was gold. 

33 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I wonder if she tried hanging with them for a year and then decided they are not quite for her. Or maybe she is hanging with them but doing it in stealth mode because they are kind of embarrassing. Either way it's amusing. 

The wine party thing was hilarious! How she managed to hide from the group photo was gold. 

You mean the casamingoes thing? Honestly I don't think Emily was actually at the party. I think she just came for the official most likely paid sponsorship photographs that they had Just Jared promote. 

She was pretty involved at one point because she was in one of the most stupid pics of it all and I rolled my eyes. Eh, she's more into pics of proving she's a superhuman explorer in a bikini these days. We know she and SA still hang out a bit. I did like that photo from the march with "wife, kid, TV wife" thing was cute. It's mostly JH doing all the SA tagging with Carina getting in with anyone remotely famous. 

It's 7 likely that SA is going to go "you know what Beth, JH is part of our group now, I think we should go GA/BC even if Felicity is still alive."

20 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

She was pretty involved at one point because she was in one of the most stupid pics of it all and I rolled my eyes. Eh, she's more into pics of proving she's a superhuman explorer in a bikini these days. We know she and SA still hang out a bit. I did like that photo from the march with "wife, kid, TV wife" thing was cute. It's mostly JH doing all the SA tagging with Carina getting in with anyone remotely famous. 

It's 7 likely that SA is going to go "you know what Beth, JH is part of our group now, I think we should go GA/BC even if Felicity is still alive."

The only photo I recall Emily being in from the casamingoes thing was the photo with Caity Stephen and Grant which felt like a paid promotional photo since it originated from Just Jared as I recall. 

Also I really don't think that Stephen would push a GA/BC thing for Juliana since it's Juliana who thirsty for Stephens attention not the other way round. He hasn't posted anything with JH aside from a couple of group pics. Where as he has posted photo with and about Emily a lot more and seems to have a much closer friendship with her then JH. Nor would I hope Beth would change a plot they've established since season 2 based on what appears to be a casual work friendship that only started like a couple months ago. 

ETA: Also I forgot to add Juliana is a painfully bad actress and has hardly any chemistry with Stephen. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

The only photo I recall Emily being in from the casamingoes thing was the photo with Caity Stephen and Grant which felt like a paid promotional photo since it originated from Just Jared as I recall. 

Also I really don't think that Stephen would push a GA/BC thing for Juliana since it's Juliana who thirsty for Stephens attention not the other way round. He hasn't posted anything with JH aside from a couple of group pics. Where as he has posted photo with and about Emily a lot more and seems to have a much closer friendship with her then JH. Nor would I hope Beth would change a plot they've established since season 2 based on what appears to be a casual work friendship that only started like a couple months ago. 

I don't know if it was a promo photo since JJ was the only place it appeared originally, a few days after the event. I've no idea if she went to the party or not but she was pretty involved in the annoying jar thing at one point.

No I don't think they would change the story based on JH's insertion into the group, that's what I was saying. If it ever happened it's because EBR wanted to leave or they wanted to cause Oliver his usual extra manpain.

There's no doubt she really wants people to know/think she's in with the big star of the show, though as I said him not so much. No doubt she'd love to be more than 'after thought' BC either as BOP spin off or LI, though I think this is mostly proving she's part of the cool kids/usual actor SM self promotion and not knowing that many people in Van.

Edited by Featherhat
4 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well, her HVFF NJ/NY team wants you to know she is the Black Damn Canary ? because when you’re the third version, I guess you have to be really emphatic about it so people aren’t confused.

She's the 3rd BC and not even the most important current Canary in the Arrowverse right now, she has to do something. I think she will have a bigger role this season and maybe more with GA but a lot of her 'excitement' and squealing over episodes is more of the same ass kissing and self promotion.

Beth is really taking this spoiler thing seriously. Around this time last year we had paparazzi footage of the effing double wedding. 

• Love 1