Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I’m expecting more of GA and BC and/or Dinah and Oliver. Not necessarily romantically but this could be what the show was referring to when they said they were gonna lean in on the comics more. Stephen generally starts posting lots of social media with co-stars when he wants to “sell” something. Happened with Lotz, even a little bit with Cassidy in early S3, with Emily and now, IMO, with Harkavy.

3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

It might explain Juliana's orgasm over how "rad" season 7 will be. 

Could be. There was a screenshot of her office floating around on Twitter and she had GA/BC fanart hanging on the wall. 

27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, JH has been smelling a bit desperate for a while now. Her claims that she forgets to take pics when she hangs out with EBR are just laughable now that you see how happy she is to document every single moment with SA. ?

I get the sense just based on social media (which could totally be wrong) that Stephen is heavily invested in having as much fun as possible as often as possible, and has some connections between his C-level fame and his wife having a stake in some restaurants/having contacts with liquor companies, etc. and between all the parties they host and other stuff they do that once you get invited you kinda want to keep getting invited. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Cool - Stephen can give her some tips on how to deal with Twitter drama and I'm sure everything will go much more smoothly next time she says something stupid!

This drag tho lol

tumblr_oeny1oGcke1tpxsxoo1_500.gif

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I get the sense just based on social media (which could totally be wrong) that Stephen is heavily invested in having as much fun as possible as often as possible, and has some connections between his C-level fame and his wife having a stake in some restaurants/having contacts with liquor companies, etc. that between all the parties they host and other stuff they do that once you get invited you kinda want to keep getting invited. 

High school vibes where Stephen and his wife are like the cool kids table that everybody's desperate to sit at at lunch time and get invited to their parties- even though they are totally dumb and flunking math. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

So is DR just not in s7 going by these metrics of social media?

I think it's more SA likes to sell whoever he's got more scenes with/will have more scenes with/whatever the company is promoting/whatever side product he's selling

Which means it's a fair guess the opportunist bird is going to get more scenes with Oliver. Or he's going to embark on a wine project with JH that he needs to sell (unlikely but this would be preferable).

I am expecting very little Olicity now.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think it's more SA likes to sell whoever he's got more scenes with/will have more scenes with/whatever the company is promoting/whatever side product he's selling

But SA's not selling JH. JH is just tagging herself to SA, so that's not really applicable, is what I'm seeing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mary0360 said:

High school vibes where Stephen and his wife are like the cool kids table that everybody's desperate to sit at at lunch time and get invited to their parties- even though they are totally dumb and flunking math. 

Funny you say that because I feel like they (SA and Cass) copy Emily!

Cass dresses A LOT like Emily these days (really noticeable imo because she always had a more pageant look and is now seen in the more mismatched Emily outfits) and also all that hiking etc screams Emily to me. Drunken times seem more their style so I laughed when they went on all those hikes. 

• Love 3

I guess I’m missing something here. He doesn’t seem to posting a lot of JH to me. It seems to me like she’s the one posting a lot of him. Even their twitter interactions are initiated by her.

• Love 9

As far as we know,

Spoiler

Oliver is going to be in jail for at least 5 episodes

so I have no idea what JH hanging out with SA has anything to do with anything. SA hung out with EBR a lot in season 5A when Oliver and Felicity barely interacted

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

But SA's not selling JH. JH is just tagging herself to SA, so that's not really applicable, is what I'm seeing.

haha this is one of those instances where I totally want you to be right and for me to be wrong!!!!!

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I guess I’m missing something here. He doesn’t seem to posting a lot of JH to me. It seems to me like she’s the one posting a lot of him. Even their twitter interactions are initiated by her.

Yeah, I'm totally baffled. She reminds me a lot of Carina pre-jar when she'd go on twitter begging him for free wine, LOL. 

• Love 2

I don't think them being together means they're filming together lol. I think they're all just as*holes that get along. I am just happy EBR is out with her friends and not in that mess, since she and David are the only Arrow regs I like lol.

• Love 10

SA/JH been cummy for awhile now. Of course they barely interacted when she was new. JH hangs with a lot of the cast, it kind of helps that all she has in Vancouver is her cast and her husband. Not like its just her and Stephen hanging out by themselves. 

• Love 1

You know their whole party and play hard lifestyle  they all have makes me wonder what they are going to do when Arrow finishes. I mean the shows probably got one or two seasons left, three if they are lucky and unless some of those characters are going to transition into the other shows as side characters afterwards, you'd think they'd use this time to build their post Arrow careers while their still on the air and people care. Because once the shows off the air most casts tend to never be heard of again without other solid work behind them.

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Stephen generally starts posting lots of social media with co-stars when he wants to “sell” something. Happened with Lotz, even a little bit with Cassidy in early S3, with Emily and now, IMO, with Harkavy.

And look what happened to CL and KC's characters anyway.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

JH hangs with a lot of the cast, it kind of helps that all she has in Vancouver is her cast and her husband. 

And yet she only religiously documents the moments she hangs out with Steve. 

Edited by Mary0360
2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

And yet she only religiously documents the moments she hangs out with Steve. 

Does she? Because looking at her Twitter and IG there is barely anything that is just hanging out with SA. There are a shit load of posts/retweets from all of her cast members/Shethority

Even the video that she is being dragged for isn't even hers. Its Ricks.

• Love 2

I have no knowledge other than what you all re-post from social media, but I really think the Amells--particularly Cassandra--were trying to establish themselves as having some sort of lifestyle brand or being "Brand ambassadors" over the last year.  They made a big deal about how Cassandra was a great hostess and the queen of fun (or something), and I laughed when Stephen wore a Casamigos sweatshirt at Comic Con, and took it off to reveal a Casamigos t-shirt. Personally, I don't find them aspirational from a style, fun, or wit perspective, but I'm sure they are thinking of post-Arrow opportunities.  What's the under/over on them going on a "real housewives of Palm Springs" show?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

You know their whole party and play hard lifestyle  they all have makes me wonder what they are going to do when Arrow finishes. I mean the shows probably got one or two seasons left, three if they are lucky and unless some of those characters are going to transition into the other shows as side characters afterwards, you'd think they'd use this time to build their post Arrow careers while their still on the air and people care. Because once the shows off the air most casts tend to never be heard of again without other solid work behind them.

That's why I applaud Emily. She's doing it right. Look at the great films and theatre she's been a part of that are getting awards. Acting done right.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I have no knowledge other than what you all re-post from social media, but I really think the Amells--particularly Cassandra--were trying to establish themselves as having some sort of lifestyle brand or being "Brand ambassadors" over the last year.  They made a big deal about how Cassandra was a great hostess and the queen of fun (or something), and I laughed when Stephen wore a Casamigos sweatshirt at Comic Con, and took it off to reveal a Casamigos t-shirt. Personally, I don't find them aspirational from a style, fun, or wit perspective, but I'm sure they are thinking of post-Arrow opportunities.  What's the under/over on them going on a "real housewives of Palm Springs" show?

Haha you've given me this image of SA on reality TV raging about someone in the neighbourhood. Isn't that what they do in those Housewives shows? They get thrown into a group with similar individuals and have fights with each other?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Yeah, I'm wondering how Steve-O is going to take it when nobody cares two hoots about him once Arrow comes to an end. That's going to be a huge blow to his massive, massive ego. 

Edited by strikera0
11 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I don't think them being together means they're filming together lol. I think they're all just as*holes that get along. I am just happy EBR is out with her friends and not in that mess, since she and David are the only Arrow regs I like lol.

Do we know that EBR doesn't hang out with them as much any more or they just aren't posting it as much anymore. I can totally see why EBR is more interested in posting gorgeous photos of her proving she could literally live on a paddleboard in the middle of a beautiful lake.

Yeah, I'm wondering how Steve-O is going to take it when nobody cares two hoots about him once Arrow comes to an end. That's going to be a huge blow to his massive, massive ego. 

It will be interesting to see, I think this is likely to be as good as it gets for him and probably the majority of the cast (although who knows), though I don't think he'll completely disappear unless he still hasn't done much 2-3 years post Arrow. 

Edited by Featherhat
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

Do we know that EBR doesn't hang out with them as much any more or they just aren't posting it as much anymore. I can totally see why EBR is more interested in posting gorgeous photos of her proving she could literally live on a paddleboard in the middle of a beautiful lake.

We don't really know anything. I'm sure they're fine and they'll probably hang out again. All we know is that yesterday she wasn't at that tequila party but with her own friends, and during pride she stuck with her people, instead of the jar + JH crew. I just can't stand SA/Jar + his crew, so I find joy in her skipping those outings lol.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

All we know is that yesterday she wasn't at that tequila party 

Apparently, she was, according to JH. More importantly, Daveed Diggs was at the party?! My fave!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Apparently, she was, according to JH. More importantly, Daveed Diggs was at the party?! My fave!

Was that just an Arrowverse party, or were there other people there? If so, did DD get cast in a show and I missed the announcement?

IDK for sure, but I assume it was just a party thrown by Casamigos and they invited a love of Hollywood North stars, including some from the Arrowverse. I'm not sure why Daveed is in Vancouver right now. He might be filming a project, but I doubt it's Arrowverse related.

• Love 1

*screaming* someone save Daveed please! Can SA with his stench and his crew stay away!

Weird that EBR isn't in any of the pics of videos.. maybe she was tagged accidentally? 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Daveed was cast in the Snowpiercer show, but after the show runner quit, I'm not sure what's happening with it. I also don't know if it shoots in Vancouver so all this typing might be pointless.

Looks like the show just started filming:

• Love 1

Looks like Snowpiercer with DD is currently filming in Vancouver. I'm guessing Casamigos threw a party for Vancouver-based talent (with SA's help in getting some to attend because he's done sponsored parties at his place before). I'm pretty surprised the GG would attend because that doesn't seem like his kind of thing -- especially because I'm sure doing tagged posts was part of the deal.

In any case, EBR isn't in anyone's photos that I can see, so I think JH just mistagged.

16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

She probably tagged her to prove they're such amazing friends!

Maybe so. Especially if it was a daytime party, because Emily was hanging out with Lindsey Morgan yesterday. 

That poster is so sad. Can they not afford more than a screenshot lol.

Yeah, Emily is in none of the pics and no one else tagged her. So while I usually don't play into those fandom conspiracies, after JH was called out it is suspect, but I guess the tag could've been accidental. ?

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 11

Didn't Casamingos get bought off by George Clooney (who started the tequila) for a billion dollars? They paid a billion dollars for that company and the best promotional reps they could find was a bunch of c/d listers and nobodies?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Didn't Casamingos get bought off by George Clooney (who started the tequila) for a billion dollars? They paid a billion dollars for that company and the best promotional reps they could find was a bunch of c/d listers and nobodies?

It was originally Clooney and Randy Gerber’s (they sold it for $1B). Since they got out of it, it seems like the company’s star power has dimmed considerably...

Grant’s caption said SA and his wife hosted the party, so they definitely seem to be trying to position themselves as brand ambassadors.

20 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It was originally Clooney and Randy Gerber’s (they sold it for $1B). Since they got out of it, it seems like the company’s star power has dimmed considerably...

Grant’s caption said SA and his wife hosted the party, so they definitely seem to be trying to position themselves as brand ambassadors.

He has his own alcohol company yet hes playing brand ambassador for another alcohol company . Sounds like a wise business decision.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Really putting in quality work for the new season here. 

Not sure why but I thought that was a gif and both waited for it to autoplay and then clicked on it. ?

I maintain if you're going to show SA in the shower, you best be showing those beads of water sliding down his back. It's the least I deserve for sticking around for 6 years. 

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

He has his own alcohol company yet hes playing brand ambassador for another alcohol company . Sounds like a wise business decision.

It's not bad if you're adopting the "make as much money as you can while you can" strategy.

Fame is so interesting. I always wonder if I was in that industry whether I'd try to maintain a decent non cheap reputation in the hopes of being Cate Blanchett one day or do I just go for it, accept my CW status and make a fast buck.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I maintain if you're going to show SA in the shower, you best be showing those beads of water sliding down his back. It's the least I deserve for sticking around for 6 years. 

Given the dead rat on his face his back right now is the most attractive part of him. 

• Love 6