Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Was the beard his idea like having a sleeveless suit in a wintery Vancouver was his suggestion? 

I’m really wondering if the 10 year real life age gap is going to look obvious when Stephen and Emily finally have scenes together and that beard is still present.  

Both the clean shaven and full beard looks aren’t anywhere near as appealing as his normal Oliver Queen look. 

• Love 4

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Animekon Expo, August 16-19, 2018 (Bridgetown, Barbados)
Manu Bennett and Kelly Hu
http://animekonexpo.com/guests/
Schedule
No individual panels appear to have been scheduled.

Terrifcon, August 17-19, 2018 (Uncasville, CT)
Michael Jai White
http://www.terrificon.com/tv-and-movie-guests.html
Panel Schedule

SUNDAY, AUGUST 19
10:00-11:00  Tougher Than The Rest: MIchael Jai White
talks about growing up in Connecticut and his path to Hollywood in Spawn, The Dark Knight, Arrow and Black Dynamite - Hosts: Joe Stuber

Edited by tv echo

Where in Vancouver is that lake does anyone know? (Any Canadians?) Because she seems to live in that lake ha. It's really pretty I don't blame her.

Her parents own a home on the lake don't they? 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is it a lake or the ocean?  (The one time I tried windsurfing near Vancouver, I couldn't get back up and ended up headed toward China before a motor boat came to save me.)

I assumed it was a lake because of the mountain ranges across water. But I've never been to Canada so I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Where in Vancouver is that lake does anyone know? (Any Canadians?) Because she seems to live in that lake ha. It's really pretty I don't blame her.

Her parents own a home on the lake don't they? 

I think her parents’ place is in Whistler (a little under 2 hours away) but there are a few gorgeous lakes that are only 20 mins or so from downtown Vancouver. It’s hard to tell but based on the mountains in the background it might be Trout Lake or Burnaby Lake? It’s been a few years since I stayed there, but the amazing thing about Vancouver is that you don’t have to go very far out of the city to get to amazing parks and beaches. 

But EBR literally called MG out for being sexist and, according to her, received blowback from it...How is her female co-star then claiming he's a feminist?! What on earth...

Oh, JH no. That's very disappointing but sadly I'm not really surprised. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 20

I'm sorry but how do you link feminism with a man who was involved in his partner being exposed and was called out by one of his actresses for his reverse sexism comments.

I mean I guess since she didnt suffer at the hands of his poor storylines for the past 6 seasons then she doesnt have much to complain about.

Also she stated in another part of that article that representation only became of importance to her once she got the role because catch this...this black canary DOESNT HAVE BLONDE HAIR.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I'm sorry but how do you link feminism with a man who was involved in his partner being exposed and was called out by one of his actresses for his reverse sexism comments.

I mean I guess since she didnt suffer at the hands of his poor storylines for the past 6 seasons then she doesnt have much to complain about.

Also she stated in another part of that article that representation only became of importance to her once she got the role because catch this...this black canary DOESNT HAVE BLONDE HAIR.

Sorry, what? I don't remember the incident (?) you're referring to. Can you say more? 

JH is such a scattered interviewee. I was willing to cut her some slack because she mentioned the fact she was biracial the first time she mentioned the blonde hair, so I could read that as code for white. But then she talks about hair again and Bustle includes a pic in which Dinah was blonde. That was fairly hilarious. 

It honestly doesn't surprise me. Juliana seems like the kind of person who sees this opportunity on the show as her big break and will  kiss any and all asses of higher ups to make herself a bigger star.

• Love 2

No man who uses the phrase “reverse sexism” — in any context other than to explain its stupidity — is a feminist. Full stop. I feel like JH has a lot to learn about these kinds of issues. Maybe she should go do that before she attempts to discuss them aloud. 

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

It honestly doesn't surprise me. Juliana seems like the kind of person who sees this opportunity on the show as her big break and will  kiss any and all asses of higher ups to make herself a bigger star.

I think Juliana would be very interested in securing a spin-off or at least a continuation on to another show once Arrow ends. To do that you throw your support to the person with the most influence and, unfortunately, that is not your sole female co-star. 

Translation- I don't agree with Marc but because he's been good to me and given me the goods on the show he's a good guy imo but if someonebody else had a shit time under his leadership nothing I can do about it. 

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

she’ll continue supporting a man who has espoused misogynistic views because he didn’t treat *her* that way. Wow.

Because it didn't happen to ME it didn't happen #metoo 

• Love 7

Juliana just confirmed what I've suspected but never said outright about her. She's a conniving opportunist who will side with anyone to get places but does it under the guise of peace and love. 

Makes all those preachy statements about finding your inner light and positivity even more unpalatable. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

But EBR literally called MG out for being sexist and, according to her, received blowback from it...How is her female co-star then claiming he's a feminist?! What on earth...

Oh, JH no. That's very disappointing but sadly I'm not really surprised. 

EBR didn't literally call him out though did she? Her tweet came out after his but I dont remeber anything concrete that pointed to her calling him out AND getting punished for it. Just speculation from fans.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

EBR didn't literally call him out though did she? Her tweet came out after his but I dont remeber anything concrete that pointed to her calling him out AND getting punished for it. Just speculation from fans.

I think the timing pointed to a direct correlation. He used the term "reverse sexism" and within hours she was calling out people who used that term.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

She didn't explicitly say "I'm talking about you, MG" but the implication was very clear. She quoted his own words back at him. And IMO her storyline disappearing in 6b was punishment for that, although we have no idea what happened BTS too. But EBR herself mentioned at SDCC that she did receive blowback.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Emily herself said she got blow back from that tweet at SDCC and it's pretty freaking obvious she was speaking of Marc in her tweet. 

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

She didn't explicitly say "I'm talking about you, MG" but the implication was very clear. She quoted his own words back at him. And IMO her storyline disappearing in 6b was punishment for that, although we have no idea what happened BTS too. But EBR herself mentioned at SDCC that she did receive blowback.

He says every year that Felicity is in for some storyline that never appears and her comment about blowblack was hard to tell if she was talking online or directly from the show. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

He says every year that Felicity is in for some storyline that never appears and her comment about blowblack was hard to tell if she was talking online or directly from the show. 

IMO that basically proves my point. MG says she's going to get a storyline every single year but for some reason she never gets one. Maybe that's what EBR was talking about, maybe that's the reason she even posted the statement in the first place. Who knows how long she'd been having problems with him? The very fact that she is continually dismissed in terms of solid story speaks to a greater and long term problem. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

She tweeted after AJK was fired but her tweet also called out MG, that much was clear. I mean she tweeted the same day he did. It's possible that she was talking about getting online backlash, but she didn't say. All she said was she got blowback for speaking out. I took it as both tbh, I think she got it BTS and online. I think JH gave that much away when she said people no longer say or joke about certain things after AJK was fired & MG stepped down, like they would have before. I was also apathetic to JH, but this is not a good look at all. Even worse is her replying to people and saying HER experience with him was positive. That's pretty much the worse thing to say at this point imo.

And let's be real... anyone that is offended by that Conan tweet, that was hyperbolic, is trash. 
Edited by JJ928
  • Love 20

Juliana Harkavy is an idiot, and I make no qualms about saying that. Every time she opens her mouth she just proves it over and over again. I have no respect for her as a 'feminist', just as I have no respect for Marc Guggenheim. I only feel sorry for the people who are forced to interact with them. 

• Love 8