Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

SA facebook video yesterday (Jan. 23)...

-- SA: "It's Tuesday. It's about 4 o'clock... We have this weird break going on with Arrow. It's very rare, actually, that something like this happens. But, um, we were working this morning and then, uh, now we have a bit of a break. And I'm working again tonight with my friend, David Ramsey."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow writer Sarah Tarkoff's new book, Sinless, might become a TV show...

MarVista Acquires Rights To Dystopian Novel ‘Sinless’ For TV Series
by Dino-Ray Ramos  January 17, 2018
http://deadline.com/2018/01/marvista-entertainment-acquires-rights-sinless-sarah-tarkoff-1202245134/

EXCLUSIVE: MarVista Entertainment announced today that they have acquired the rights to the new book Sinless from Sarah Tarkoff for a new television series. The novel is the first in the author’s Eye of the Beholder series.

The series is set in a near future, dystopian society in which “right” and “wrong” are manifested by beauty and ugliness.  Those who are “good” are blessed with beauty, while those who are not suffer horrifying consequences—disfigurement, or even death. When a cleric’s daughter named stumbles onto information that proves her world is more complicated than it seems, she finds herself at the center of an epic battle where good and evil are not so easily distinguished. Despite all her efforts to live a normal life, she is faced with a series of decisions that will risk the lives of everyone she loves—and, ultimately, her own.

Edited by tv echo
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

How does that work? How would Twitter know whose photo is posted?

It seems to be some sort of facial recognition algorithm that works with the @Twitternames previously attached to the photos uploaded to Twitter. It doesn't always work - just this past weekend, I was tagged into at least three photos featuring someone who kinda looks like me if you only see half of our faces, and who was at the same event that I was at. But I was also correctly tagged into another photo by someone who didn't name me in the tweet.

3 minutes ago, quarks said:

It seems to be some sort of facial recognition algorithm that works with the @Twitternames previously attached to the photos uploaded to Twitter. It doesn't always work - just this past weekend, I was tagged into at least three photos featuring someone who kinda looks like me if you only see half of our faces, and who was at the same event that I was at. But I was also correctly tagged into another photo by someone who didn't name me in the tweet.

Now I'm imagining a Star City photog taking that picture of BC, uploading it to twitter, and twitter's facial recognition tagging her as Dinah Drake. And GA as Oliver Queen. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, quarks said:

It seems to be some sort of facial recognition algorithm that works with the @Twitternames previously attached to the photos uploaded to Twitter. 

I’m creeped out by that. Is anyone else creeped out by that? Plus, what if you didn’t want to tag the person or the person didn’t want to be tagged? That seems so icky to me. #illbeinmybunker #getoffmylawn

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, bethy said:

I’m creeped out by that. Is anyone else creeped out by that? Plus, what if you didn’t want to tag the person or the person didn’t want to be tagged? That seems so icky to me. #illbeinmybunker #getoffmylawn

It definitely creeped me out. I tweeted one picture on Friday of me and three other people (with their permission!) without naming names/tagging, and was startled to see Twitter correctly guess one of them - and not a famous or verified person, either.  Made me rethink the whole putting pictures up on Twitter. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, quarks said:

It definitely creeped me out. I tweeted one picture on Friday of me and three other people (with their permission!) without naming names/tagging, and was startled to see Twitter correctly guess one of them - and not a famous or verified person, either.  Made me rethink the whole putting pictures up on Twitter. 

So Twitter just automatically does it? You don't get a chance to check? That's scary AF.

In other news, stay trash, Craig ...

• Love 1

Forced marriage is so funny, amiright? 

I blame everyone involved. MG for making it happen, and KL for constantly joking about it at cons. It's a serious, real-life issue and I'm so pissed they're so flippant about it.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Angel12d said:

GATV dude is so sad. Truly pathetic.

Seriously you know you're scraping the bottom of your fandom barrel there. 

Though I really do hope they retire the 'joke' because it really isn't funny, though I guess it does get KL extra attention. That said I'm looking forward to Nyssa coming back, hopefully it will be less annoying and pointless than Pike's return.

What?!?! I haven't seen a chia pet in a long time outside of TV commercials. LMAO! The only thing I can think of is that Emily seems to be interested in getting a cat lately. She'd posted a photo of a kitten on Instagram with a caption that read something like adding to the family.

• Love 6

It is beyond adorable that they don't just get along but seem to be genuinely close friends. So sweet!

Poor Ophelia! Look at her face! That's a look I'm familiar with from my canine babies but it never fails to make me feel sorry for them!

• Love 7

Audio recording of SA's Sunday solo panel (Jan. 14, 2018) at HVFF-Portland...

#PopUp Interview with Stephen Amell
https://www.spreaker.com/user/thepop10/popup-interview-with-stephen-amell

-- SA first talked about wrestling and Cody Rhodes.

-- SA then talked about Arrow and all those shows being part of what's called the "Arrowverse". He expressed appreciation for the friendships made and all the fans he's met over the years.

-- SA said that he was the first person who auditioned for Oliver, that GG was the first person who auditioned for Barry, and that CL was the first person who auditioned for Sara.

-- Interviewer then brought up Olicity and mentioned how he met EBR for the first time at Atlanta and thought she was "phenomenal.” SA jokingly deadpanned, "Yeah, she's okay." When interviewer asked what it was like working with Emily, SA replied: "Ah, it's great, man. And look, I don't want to pull back the curtain too much, but, you know, we've become the best of friends. And a lot of the both of us that you see between Oliver and Felicity at this point is just both of us trying to make the other one laugh... And by the way, that happens. I mean, we are shooting our - right now, we are shooting our 130th episode of Arrow. Um, so that's like a little less than a hundred less than Smallville. And like 600 less than Supernatural... But, um, you know what, you have to find ways to make it new and fresh and exciting. You really do. And, um, working with Emily has been - has been just a real - a real treat. It always feels - it always feels fresh. It really does."

-- SA said that his hero was his mom because she "teaches [him] every day about being optimistic" and because she is a "two-time cancer survivor." He also said that she recently got remarried and, in her late 50s, early 60s, "acts like a newlywed, which is gross - but amazing." He said that she was his hero and taught him how to "look at every situation and see the positive in it."

-- When asked for his most hated villain, SA said, "Adrian Chase. I'm so glad he's dead. Spoiler."

-- SA would choose flying as his most desired superpower. 

-- SA's first acting gig ever was Queer as Folk (on Showtime). He had been acting for 3 months and was a spin instructor at the time, and they were auditioning for a spin instructor role on the show. He told his agent that if he didn't get that role, he was going to quit acting.

-- SA's first car was a Chevy Cavalier Zed 24. He drove it from Toronto to California. And then he drove it back.

-- SA remembered his first kiss as being "distinctly unromantic" because he was 11 at the time and it was "terrible."

-- SA's first pet was his dog Bosley, a yorkshire terrier. He said that Bosley swallowed a fish hook but survived.

-- When asked what he wants to do in 2018 for the first time that he's never done before, SA said that he wants to visit at least 5 countries that he's never been to. He mentioned that he will be in Germany "later this year, maybe even for an event." He also wants to go to the Maldives, which is "high on the list, very high." He's also thinking about going to Singapore. He's been to Australia but would like to spend more time there.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

This PopUp interview with EBR is actually an audio recording of her solo panel at HVFF-Atlanta on Nov. 18, 2017 (video of this panel was previously posted in this thread, but this PopUp recording has better and clearer audio, so I was able to clean up some of my previous transcriptions).... 

-- On what got her into musical theater as a kid, EBR: "My parents put me in musical theater as a child because I had all this extra energy and they didn't know what to do with it. They were like, 'where did you hear that?' And I'm like, 'on the TV.' 'Okay, so you need to do something with that, that's not repeating every line from everything in the kitchen.' Um, so yeah, I think the first musical I ever did was Oliver.* Annie was in there. What else? Pippi Longstocking. We did Pippi Longstocking the Musical when I was a kid. I grew up in Vancouver, so I actually don't remember what the theater company was called. Yeah, Annie. Chicago. Thoroughly Modern Millie was one we did when I was a kid."

(* I think it's funny that her first musical was Oliver! How prescient.)

-- Interviewer said that what she's done with her role on Arrow was "phenomenal, to the point where she needs her own show." EBR: "Well, we really can't call it Felicity, so maybe someone can pitch me a name." Some fans in audience: "Felicity and Friends!"

-- On prepping for her role on Arrow, how deep did she dive into the comics? EBR: "Okay, when I first got the audition, it was those two scenes in Episode 3 with the bullet-ridden computer and more of the bullet-ridden computer. And there wasn't much in the comics. I didn't dive too deep in because I got the audition like two days before or like an hour before, I was working at this – my dog and I used to work at this dog shop, so we got the - I was studying the lines in there and researching on – yeah, the dog worked too, which was the only way I could have the job - 'cause the dog was like six months old and then we worked at this dog shop called Wagabubba, which was awesome. Um, and I was like in - we sold dog apparel, not dogs, just to be clear. Dog dresses and stuff. And I was like trying - I remember like being on the computer and trying to research it, and there was barely anything on Felicity Smoak. Like nothing, like, she's connected to Firestorm. So there wasn't actually a whole lot for me to work off of. I more was interested in the lines of Felicity diving into Shakespeare,** which made a lot of sense to me because the night before I went to go see Taming of the Shrew, so I was like, oh, this is kismet. Um, with a friend of mine, Ever Rendell [sp?], who's an amazing musical theater artist, who I did musical theater with as a kid. So it was like just really fun. And we were in acting classes together at the time, so she helped me run the audition. Brian Roose [sp?] helped me run the audition, also another actor from Vancouver. That was like six years ago. Like six years ago. I was 20 when I got that audition. Isn't that crazy?"

(** In her second scene in Arrow 103, O&F have this dialogue - Felicity: "Look, I don't wanna get in the middle of some Shakespearean family drama thing." Oliver: "What?" Felicity: "Mr. Steele marrying your mom. Claudius, Gertrude, Hamlet." Oliver: "I didn't study Shakespeare at any of the four schools that I dropped out of.")

-- On the physical demands of her role on Arrow, interviewer: "Felicity can kick some ass, can't she?" EBR: "Yes, she can. Yes, she can... It's not as demanding as the salmon ladder... Every time I actually have to hit a stunt person over the head with something, I'm always very scared because I'm just like, well, Felicity has to make it look like she can't do it, sort of, because she - you know, it's chance, it's not survival instinct, it's - well, it's survival instincts, but it's not - what's the word? Trained. Like, she's not supposed to be trained in that area. I think she's like done boxing stuff with - you know, fighting stuff with the, um, gentlemen over the years because why wouldn't you train a woman to be able to fight for herself, especially when she's in danger all the time? That was my debate. As all, you know, everyone should. Everyone, men, women, girls, boys, everyone."

-- Interviewer: "The set of Arrow looks very, very fun as well. And you and Stephen appear to have a fantastic relationship." EBR: "Who?" Interviewer: "Stephen. He's the guy - he has a table right in the corner over there." EBR: "Oh yeah, I think I met him once. He was super sweet." Interviewer: "Yeah. Abs for days, that guy." EBR: "Does he?" Interviewer: "So I've heard." EBR: "Have you seen firsthand?" Interviewer: "Maybe I follow him on Instagram a little bit." EBR: "Oh my god, the instagrams." Interviewer: "American Ninja Warrior." EBR: "Yaah. That was unbelievable." Interviewer: "That was ridiculous. I mean, every man in American hates himself, so that was cool." EBR: "So the next day we had to do this scene where like Stephen's supposed to carry, um, me - so Oliver's supposed to carry Felicity like in this elevator shaft. Like, I was really sore. Like, I had injured myself from not doing American Ninja Warrior, and he had injured himself by doing American Ninja Warrior. So we were like on the same level of playing field, because, you know - and he had like carried me. And there was one point where we were like, we both need to stop doing this scene, like, we got one more in. Cause, like, my arm was sore and he was the one carrying me. And I was like, well, I can't, and you can't, and how are we supposed to film this?"

-- Interviewer: "What's your favorite part of working with Stephen?" EBR: "Working with Stephen? Well, I spend mo-  a lot of my free time with Stephen too. So, I don't know, getting to work with your friend is the dream. I think that you actually can accomplish surrounding your people with people that you choose to surround yourself with. Do not waste your time with - spending time with people you don't want to spend your time with. Don't waste your time. There's not enough time. Don't do it. People connect with different people. You don't need to connect with everyone. And I just think that you're super super blessed if you find yourself in that realm where you get to work and play with the people that you genuinely your heart connects with.... Honestly, our friendship is the reason I think they end up together on the show. Because we do love each other and each other's lives." Interviewer: "Olicity, right? That's the hashtag."

-- Interviewer asked about what it means to her to be able to come and see her fans in person. EBR said that she doesn't feel as connected to social media as most of her friends do. So she loves coming to cons and talking to people, but it's always a "surprise" and never feels normal. She said that she didn't think it'll ever not be a surprise and she'll never feel 'blase" about it, and that her fans are "an inspiration" to her. She thanked the fans. 

-- EBR's "favorite hero of all time" is her mom, and also her dad.

-- EBR's "most hated villain" is this dog on her street that her dog doesn't like and who tyrannizes her dog. EBR: "I don't have any - very many villains in my life. That dog, though... And the girl who took selfies in yoga the other day. That was extreme."

-- When EBR was asked what superpower she would want, she said: "Shapeshifter, because you could do anything."

-- Interviewer asked what would be the first thing she would do if a villain invasion happened "right now." EBR said that she'd probably grab as many people as she could and just run as fast as she can, because the survival instinct would kick in and she didn't have anything to protect herself except her hands. Interviewer said that DR was here, but EBR said that he was all the way over there and the villain invasion was happening right now. So interviewer suggested that they would run toward DR as fast as they could.

-- Interviewer mentioned "mean tweets", but said that he would be reading "nice tweets" instead. EBR: "Oh my god, mean tweets would be fun... I mean, they're not fun, but, like, you can't take them seriously. Like, anyone who says anything mean is just feeling bad inside. Sorry, but, like, you can't take them seriously. Any time anyone says something mean to you, you got to take a self-check and be like, no, no, no, that wasn't for me, that was for them... I feel like that's okay advice."

-- Interviewer then read a fan tweet asking how she felt about Felicity being voted by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the top 50 favorite female characters of all time. EBR: "Super honored, super uplifted, super proud of Felicity."

-- Interviewer read a fan tweet that expressed disappointment that Felicity's new company isn't named Smoak Technologies and asked what she thought about it. EBR: "I feel like it's supposed to happen in the future. Next question. (Audience reaction) I don't know."

-- Interviewer read a fan tweet asking if she could confirm that we'll see past flashbacks from her childhood or teen years. EBR: "Cannot confirm, but childhood years would be great."

-- Interviewer read a fan tweet asking if she was excited to see Felicity go back to work. EBR: "Um, yes. Going back to work actually means almost staying home a little bit more."

-- Interviewer read a fan tweet asking if we'll see Felicity face off or interact with Cayden James more and if we'll see her more out in the field. EBR: "Pushing towards it as an actor 'cause I enjoy watching him work. Um, not sure - because they're both such tech-y people, it's hard to do storylines where they don't do something to each other from far away. So to get them face to face is going to have to be a plan. Does that make sense."

-- On upcoming non-Arrow projects, EBR: "Hopefully, I'll be back on stage very soon, which would be fantastic."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 11

Upcoming comic cons in February...

Wizard World St. Louis, February 2-4, 2018 (MO)
John Barrowman 
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/st-louis

Paris Manga & Sci-Fi Show 25th Edition, February 3-4, 2018
(John Wesley Shipp)
http://www.parismanga.fr/166-invites_acteurs_us_uk/categorie.html

Avignon Geek Expo, February 17-18, 2018 (France)
Manu Bennett
http://avignon.geekexpo.fr/

Pensacon: Pensacola Comic Con, February 23-25, 2018 (FL)
John Barrowman and Alex Kingston (also Arthur Darvill and Maisie Richardson-Sellers)
http://pensacon.com

Starfury: Red Dragon 4, February 23-25, 2018 (London, UK)
Kacey Rohl and Rutina Wesley
http://www.seanharry.com/events/hannibal/

Edited by tv echo
46 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Emily Bett Rickards signs autographs for TopPix
Published on Jan 25, 2018, by TopPix Autographs

I wouldn't give this guy attention or clicks. He edited it out after many complaints in the comment section but he called her a bitch because she didn't sign his poster. 

I will never understand why people buy stuff from autograph hounds. First of all, they're all jerks. Secondly, IMO an autograph is meaningless if you don't have a story/an experience to go with it, even if it's something as simple as getting to see the person up close. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

EBR: "So the next day we had to do this scene where like Stephen's supposed to carry, um, me - so Oliver's supposed to carry Felicity like in this elevator shaft. Like, I was really sore. Like, I had injured myself from not doing American Ninja Warrior, and he had injured himself by doing American Ninja Warrior. So we were like on the same level of playing field, because, you know - and he had like carried me. And there was one point where we were like, we both need to stop doing this scene, like, we got one more in. Cause, like, my arm was sore and he was the one carrying me. And I was like, well, I can't, and you can't, and how are we supposed to film this?"

Emily saying she injured herself from not doing ANW cracked me up. And I can't believe Stephen filmed those scenes the day after ANW. Holy crap. Are we sure he's not a metahuman?

Also, I knew Emily was young when she was cast, but I forgot she was only 20. Wow.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

And there was one point where we were like, we both need to stop doing this scene, like, we got one more in. Cause, like, my arm was sore and he was the one carrying me. And I was like, well, I can't, and you can't, and how are we supposed to film this?"

It's funny to think how much of the grimacing and exhaustion on screen probably was real.  They really went method for the episode, lol.  

• Love 8

Video of Collider's Jan. 20 interview with EBR, along with my transcription...

Emily Bett Rickards Talks ‘Funny Story’, ‘Arrow’ Season 6 and Dancing with Joss Whedon
BY STEVE 'FROSTY' WEINTRAUB      JANUARY 29, 2018
http://collider.com/emily-bett-rickards-interview-funny-story-arrow/

-- EBR said that it was her first time in Park City and it was her first time at Sundance, but it was not her first time in the snow.

-- On what made her decide to work on another project, rather than just relaxing, during her short hiatus from shooting Arrow, EBR: "We get two and a half months off - almost two and a half months. Um, and once we start back on Arrow, it always feels like we never left. We're a big family there. But just doing something else creatively actually does feel like a break. And when I got the script and I read it, I was like, this writing is so good, and it's going to be like this beautiful indie movie... I don't know, I was really interested in this character. It was a completely different character than I get to play nine-and-a-half months out of the year. So in a way it's sort of like a break. If that makes sense. It's a break from a character who I never really say good-bye to - not that I want to say good-bye to her. Please don't get mad at me. It's not that. It's just - it's exercising a different, um, personality." 

-- On her Funny Story character, EBR: "She's a huge, hot mess... This is a story about good people who do bad things.... We know how we make choices in our lives, and sometimes the choices go wrong. And my character, her name is Kim, she makes bad choices over and over and over again. She can't seem to sort of find the light on the other side... And almost doesn't really want to. Of course, she doesn't want to feel this way, but she's not doing anything active to break her pattern of personal demise... It's a love story that's, um,  focused around one woman and a separate male figure who become interconnected through a way inappropriate nature and demise. And they have to sort of deal with the repercussions of that."

-- On the male character in Funny Story, who used to be the star of a fantasy TV show as a "quasi-Captain Kirk" with a cult following, EBR: "I love Galaxy Quest. I love Firefly and all that stuff."

-- EBR then talked about "night shoots" during Funny Story filming. She said that total shooting for the movie took three-and-a-half weeks, adding: "It was very fast."

-- On whether she prefers the "Clint Eastwood method" (doing rehearsal, shooting a take or two, then you're done) or the "Fincher method" (40, 50, or as many takes as they can do), EBR: "As an actor? ... It's interesting because I like both. The problem with getting to the Fincher method is that nobody likes it at take 50. Everyone likes it at take 99. Because it feels good. You're exhausted. You've lost all day. All of your boundaries are down. Like, you are panicking. You probably go home and you cry... But, you know, as an actor, there's that part of you that sort of really enjoys that. You know, there's that full surrender, right? And I think, um, this 'Clint Eastwood method,' as you say, that's a lot of how we work on TV because we just don't have the time. Um, well, on our show, we don't have the time to do many, many takes. We barely have the time to do five. People get frustrated... This is funny because the rehearsal and take 99 might be the most similar of all takes, because the rehearsal's got zero plan in it yet, and 99 takes is all of your plans that you did from take, you know, 2 to 98 are out the window because you can't even pretend to focus on them any more. So I think I like both. I'd like to work on both platforms."

-- Last great movie that she saw? EBR: "Coco."

-- Last great TV show that she saw? EBR: "I just finished watching The Crown. And Black Mirror."

-- What does she collect? EBR: "Art. I have a lot of art. Every time I travel, I pick up a piece."

-- Her drink of choice? EBR: "Tequila."

-- When she wakes up in the morning and turns on the computer, what are the first few websites that she goes to? EBR: "Um, Vice. Google Flights... And Travel & Leisure... Because they send me these e-mails and I can't find myself to unsubscribe."

-- Favorite guilty pleasure movie? EBR: "Julie and Julia. It's not that guilty... I really like Battle Royale. Is that a guilty pleasure?... Team America is really hard to watch on a plane, but it is a favorite of mine... Galaxy Quest. Spaceballs."

-- Can she do a quote or impression from one of her favorite films? EBR: "The first film that came to my mind was, 'Only one man would dare give me the raspberry. Lone Star!' That's the first one that came to mind. Also 'Comb the desert!' That's also from the same movie... 'He's the greatest goddamn actor I've ever seen!' Team America. 'Act faster, Gary!' We say that on set a lot... 200 people work on our crew. Not one Gary."

-- If she could be a superhero, which one would she be? EBR: "Can it be like a super villain? ... The first one that came to mind was Batgirl because I haven't seen anything with Batgirl. At. All." When interviewer said that Joss Whedon was working on a Batgirl movie, EBR: "I gotta call him! I gotta call him... I broke my phone two years ago at Comic-Con and the glass, I never replaced it because I did it with Joss.  (Interviewer: "You were dancing?")  Yes.  (Interviewer: "Because he does like to dance.")  I know. It was nice. I never replaced the screen. I was like, this was a moment."

-- On playing the same character, Felicity Smoak, on five shows (Arrow, Flash, LoT, Supergirl, Vixen), EBR: "We're very lucky that we can be able to do that. It's new and it's exciting. It's a new way to watch television and you can sort of create the storylines. It's extremely difficult, but it's really kind of fun. It's so interesting to go to a different - as an actor, to go to a different show where the writing is different, the tone of the show is different, but your character has to stay the same. Because you stay the same. It's an interesting thing, because you walk into a world that's not necessarily written for your character."

-- On what people might be surprised to learn about the making of Arrow, EBR: "Our rainbow pages are hopefully minimal... We all get along really well... Cast, crew, everyone, we do like to hang out, which is - which makes a world of difference and makes us extremely lucky. I haven't had the opportunity to work on another TV show for six years running, um, and I don't know if I will again, but I feel like that's rare. And we spend so much time together that we function more off of - as dark as our show is, we function more off of jokes than we do off of serious scenes. Every time they yell 'cut', someone's making a fart joke, or someone's on the other side screaming...."

-- On the high level of stunts on Arrow, EBR: "We have an amazing stunt team led by James Bamford, who's directed and who's now our on-set producer as well. Um, he's done a phenomenal job. He's a genius. He's a masterpiece too. We're so lucky to be able to have him. And then our whole stunt department is just extremely talented and not to mention loves throwing themselves at walls. I mean, it's unbelievable." She then talked about talking with her friend Atlin, who was doubling as Supergirl when they were working on LoT.

-- On where they are on shooting Arrow (remember this interview took place on Jan. 20), EBR first confirmed that they wrap shooting the show in "April - late April." Then she said: "We're on Episode 15. We have - it's Friday night? Saturday? (Interviewer: "Saturday.") We have two more days of Episode 15 left. Episode 16 starts on Tuesday."

-- On how much the Arrow producers tell her about the story arc, when the season starts, and how much is it that they're making it up as they go along, EBR: "I mean, I don't know if 'making it up' is the correct term because I'm sure that they have a broad arc, especially when I've spent some time in writers rooms. I mean, you want to have ideas and things always change - and they should - and shift, and you want to make sure that your story's continuous, you know, and has like a well-rounded area. But I do think that they're - depending on if we can get a certain actor or certain guest star or villain to come back, or a certain name - like, maybe we could - you know, maybe one day we'll get Bruce Wayne, who knows? Right? So there's always these stories changing. ... Like, this year, we have so many different ensembles that it's been more ensemble work that I've heard about and less sort of personal character work. But it's been really fun."

-- On this season's crossover, EBR: "Every time I hear the word 'crossover', I sort of like shudder like if someone had said, 'Voldemort' in Harry Potter... They're amazing... As it is, it's an interesting platform. There's nothing else like that. And I get to work with different actors all the time, and different writers, different directors, in the same week, probably on the same day. Three shows on the same day. It's like a little bit much.  (Interviewer: "How many units have you filmed in the same day?")  I think that four was my maximum at crossover. But that's every show in one day... 1, 2, 3, 4... It was insane."

-- When asked to pick her two or three favorite Arrow directors, EBR: "Wendey Stanzler. She's a phenomenal, phenomenal director. I love working with her. James Bamford, who I mentioned most recently. And then we have, um - who's our stunt coordinator as well as our producer now. He's been working with the show since Season 1. Since even before me. I think he worked on the pilot. Um, and then Ken Shane, who's our First AD - our alternating First AD for years now. He also directs. He's a phenomenal director. Um, Mark Bunting, our other alternating First AD. Phenomenal. Um, Gregory Smith. I can't - I'm going to keep going. There's so many people."

-- On what it's like for her to read Twitter where people can be either "really nice" or "really, really mean," EBR: "This is true... I don't spend too much time on the social media platforms. I'm trying to do more. I really like Instagram because I really like visuals. Twitter, I used to be on it. I love it for comedy and jokes and stuff, but I stepped off. I think I took like a year hiatus, like, without even saying anything... I do love Twitter. I used to have a secret Twitter handle with my best friend, which was all jokes, which is my favorite thing to do. Um, I think I'll get back on it.... I can do better... I don't even have Facebook."

-- On what she's going to do during her next hiatus from filming Arrow, EBR: "I have a couple feelers out."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- On the high level of stunts on Arrow, EBR: "We have an amazing stunt team led by James Bamford, who's directed and who's now our on-set producer as well. Um, he's done a phenomenal job. He's a genius. He's a masterpiece too. We're so lucky to be able to have him. And then our whole stunt department is just extremely talented and not to mention loves throwing themselves at walls. I mean, it's unbelievable." She then talked about talking with her friend Atlin, who was doubling as Supergirl when they were working on LoT.

I feel like I'm missing something.  The cast seems so high on Bam Bam but all I see is a mediocre director and repetitive stunts.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

He was good early on as well.  And maybe if I ever saw most of his stunts, I'd be more impressed.  I just can't with his directing choices most of the time. 

I can't stand the flips they do when they get shot. Like that's not how that works. LOL  All the camera movement can't hide poorly constructed fights. I think he's a terrible action director. I'll never get the love for his style.

• Love 2

Stephen Amell
20 hrs · 
There's only two days left to get your hands on the Nocking Point December WIne Club shipment before it's gone forever! Sign up by tomorrow at the link attached using the code 'Colton' to get Colton Haynes Cab, or the code 'Emily' for Sparkling Rosé by Emily Bett Rickards. Both of those codes will get you $20 off your first box as well!

nockingpointwines.com/wine-club-usa

We're pumped to share some more info on the upcoming March box later this week!

Edited by tv echo

Funny Story Cast & Director on the Mountain Morning Show
Published on Jan 25, 2018, by Park City Television

-- Interviewer: "Emily, you play in your other famous role, on the TV show Arrow, you play Felicity Smoak, who's an IT tech. Very - super genius. Kind of a more serious role. How was it to transition from that into this Funny Story kind of comedic role?" EBR: "Um, well it was one of the main reasons I wanted to do the role. It was a beautifully written script. And Michael and Jana are so welcoming and, um, I'm so grateful for the experience. But it was an extremely different role, which was sort of the allure. And, um, how distracted and sort of damaged this girl was, um - woman was sort of attacking her life with her choices. And I got to say, I had a - even though I had - I had a month and a half off from shooting the show - a month and a half?... Before I went in... That was more difficult because I came off this - sort of like this, 'oh, I haven't worked 10-hour days in a month and a half.' You know, the two-week mark? You're like, 'oh, this is really hard.' Then the three-week mark, 'I can get used to this.' And then this role was so - she's just so internally, kind of - I don't know, like... damaged and hurting... So being in that body for awhile kind of, I felt like, a little bit more, um, off. But then jumping back into Felicity wasn't an issue because it's been so many years, I think... I remember talking to Jana a month and a half later, e-mailing her something like, (cheerfully) 'yeah, back at it!' Exclamation points, and emojis and stuff. Before when I was doing this role, I was like, (head down) 'okay, see you soon.'"

-- On what's next, EBR: "Well, I'm currently on a show. We shoot until April, so that's still going. And then I have a couple of projects in the mix for hiatus."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3