Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I especially wonder how that came to play in his line to her in the season opener, the one that was something like "Nobody asked your opinion, Blondie".  It was the most intensely hostile reading.  I just wonder how much was scripted vs his interpretation.  

That was the most unnecessary reading of that line possible. Why so hostile Rick? Felicity's comment was completely innocuous and I did wonder if RG's personal feelings played into it, like maybe he never got over people's questions in how he treated Felicity when all he wanted to talk about was how Wild Dong was the new Oliver. 

• Love 1

Added to 2018 events list (there are more tweets about EBR in Funny Story on page 35 of Arrow Stars in Other Roles thread)......

Slamdance Film Festival, January 19-25, 2018 (Park City, Utah)
Emily Bett Rickards - world premiere of Funny Story movie on Jan. 21
https://slamdance2018.eventive.org/films/5a39a6869d3ccd001450d329
Schedule Description:

Funny Story
Sunday, January 21, 2018 2:30 PM

After years of being a neglectful father, a womanizing TV star decides to crash his estranged daughter's same-sex destination wedding.

Michael Gallagher's delightfully dark wedding comedy FUNNY STORY takes us on a California coastal road trip full of dreams, love, and disillusionment then rams it all into a head on collision. Robust performances from Matthew Glave, Emily Bett Rickards and Jana Winternitz lead this ensemble cast of idealists and misfits back into real world...sort of.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I honestly don't know whether to post EBR's Slamdance pics in this thread or in the Actor Stars in Other Roles thread, so I'm guessing - if it's more movie-centric, I'll post in the other thread, but if it's more EBR-centric, I'll post here (?)...

Edited by tv echo
10 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I swear that there was a previous meeting that he did blow off or did he just plan to blow it off and Quentin talked him out of it only for him to get kidnapped?  It still feels like there was something early on when he was getting help with his daughter.  

I think that it was scheduled by child services and  he was going to blow it off saying that his daughter was better off without him and Quentin gave him a speech about how he should fight for him daughter. But it was season five so I was trying to protect myself and not pay too much attention.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think that it was scheduled by child services and  he was going to blow it off saying that his daughter was better off without him and Quentin gave him a speech about how he should fight for him daughter. But it was season five so I was trying to protect myself and not pay too much attention.

Yeah, I have no desire to go back and double check, especially for a WD thing.  I know for sure he had the moment of waffling before he did get kidnapped but I would have said he'd missed some meeting altogether earlier.  Maybe it was way back when it was Curtis trying to set up meetings with a lawyer to help him get Zoe back.  Then Rene got his job at the Mayor's office and Lance picked up the reunite him with his daughter ball and after he was kidnapped, Oliver stepped in for the hail Mary (forgive the sports metaphor, I'm from MN.  I have football on the brains today)

Even with Rene not flaking that final time, up until this year it's been everyone else doing the heavy lifting with his case and dragging him back to reconnecting to Zoe.  It makes his devotion to his daughter just a bit hard to really feel and sympathize with.  

Edited by BkWurm1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Even with Rene not flaking that final time, up until this year it's been everyone else doing the heavy lifting with his case and dragging him back to reconnecting to Zoe.  It makes his devotion to his daughter just a bit hard to really feel and sympathize with.  

This is why I’m having trouble with the writers using his daughter as the primary justification for why he turned Oliver over to the FBI. He spent part of S5 dodging even having to see her and multiple people had to push him into stepping up and taking  responsibility for her again.

Is it a writing fail, is it a case of them hoping the audience isn’t paying attention to the details, is it just tone deaf? Who knows ??‍♀️.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I have no desire to go back and double check, especially for a WD thing.  I know for sure he had the moment of waffling before he did get kidnapped but I would have said he'd missed some meeting altogether earlier.  Maybe it was way back when it was Curtis trying to set up meetings with a lawyer to help him get Zoe back.  Then Rene got his job at the Mayor's office and Lance picked up the reunite him with his daughter ball and after he was kidnapped, Oliver stepped in for the hail Mary (forgive the sports metaphor, I'm from MN.  I have football on the brains today)

I believe he just never called Curtis's lawyer friend. (Oh look, Curtis gets to have non-vigilante friends.) I had forgotten that Curtis also tried to help him get Zoe back. Yeah, I really believe Rene's dedication to his daughter. 

I love that Emily is exactly as delightful as I’ve always thought she was.  I’m more convinced than ever that Arrow PR is asleep at the wheel with how little they promote her.

Edited by kes0704

The only thing I got from that is children thinking they can run over dad and him eventually having to save them when their toy car flips over because they tried to run over something much bigger than them or their toy car. LOL

I did laugh at those pointing out that calling them New Team Arrow is makes no sense as there is no archer in the group. I don't know why that never occurred to me before or if someone here made that point I missed it. LOL

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think Echo addressed the name. They are still carrying on the ideology the Green Arrow taught them or whatever. 

So they totally don't mind co-opting the name and Oliver's legacy even though they now find him detestable. Gods, that makes it so much worse! 

Wow, there's a lot of Olicity/Felicity hate in those replied.  They don't get why we're not all supporting NTA.  I guess there really are people on the NTA side.

On the positive side, in this age of the alt right I'm happy how many people just naturally accept that Oliver and Diggle are brohters.

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wow, there's a lot of Olicity/Felicity hate in those replied.  They don't get why we're not all supporting NTA.  I guess there really are people on the NTA side.

Pretty sure the reason why is because they loathe Olicity/Felicity and would automatically take the opposing side just because and not for actual valid reasons 

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

On the positive side, in this age of the alt right I'm happy how many people just naturally accept that Oliver and Diggle are brohters.

Unless I just have them muted, I'm not really seeing a lot of Olicity or Felicity hate tbh? I'm seeing some comic stans supporting the newbies most likely out of pettiness, IMO, but most people are on OTA's side. You only have to look at the replies to SA's original tweet. I've actually been pretty surprised by the general consensus I've seen online, which is that the newbies suck. 610 really pushed people over the edge.

Also, I know JH was probably just trying to be funny but IDK, I side eye because THE NEWBIES ARE WRONG. THE END. ? 

Edited by Angel12d
35 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Pretty sure the reason why is because they loathe Olicity/Felicity and would automatically take the opposing side just because and not for actual valid reasons 

I also think it’s funny that some of them can’t seem to fathom that you can still be a fan of Dinah/the newbies and still think she/they are acting like brats. 

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Unless I just have them muted, I'm not really seeing a lot of Olicity or Felicity hate tbh? I'm seeing some comic stans supporting the newbies most likely out of pettiness, IMO, but most people are on OTA's side. You only have to look at the replies to SA's original tweet.

It's in the replies to JH's tweet.  Lots of "Oliciters are the worst" and "Dinah should lead the whole team" stuff.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

It's in the replies to JH's tweet.  Lots of "Oliciters are the worst" and "Dinah should lead the whole team" stuff.

Yeah...I'm still not seeing a lot. A handful maybe? LOL. It's not what I'd call tons of hate tbh.

6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah...I'm still not seeing a lot. A handful maybe? LOL. It's not what I'd call tons of hate tbh.

I counted 14 for OTA and 26 for NTA and a lot I couldn't place, didn't understand the gif or a neutral response.  Because stats.  Some of the NTA stuff was rude and ad hominem which is what I was reacting to.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I counted 14 for OTA and 26 for NTA and a lot I couldn't place, didn't understand the gif or a neutral response.  Because stats.  Some of the NTA stuff was rude and ad hominem which is what I was reacting to.

That's still not a lot, IMO. And that's only in response to JH's tweet, I'm assuming? OTA had a ton of support in response to SA's tweet. Not to mention pretty much everywhere on the internet. Even on FB, which surprised me.

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

That's still not a lot, IMO. And that's only in response to JH's tweet, I'm assuming? OTA had a ton of support in response to SA's tweet. Not to mention pretty much everywhere on the internet. Even on FB, which surprised me.

I am really surprised at how much support OTA have been getting even from people who normally hate on the show and anything Felicity. 

11 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

My question is  ... if it's not scripted, then why the heck didn't Stephen say "hey" after the first take? LOL! 

Good question. He must have thought it is some weird ritual she is starting or she is trying to make him break character. 

19 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I did laugh at those pointing out that calling them New Team Arrow is makes no sense as there is no archer in the group. I don't know why that never occurred to me before or if someone here made that point I missed it. LOL

In my head NTA reads as "Not Team Arrow"

• Love 2