Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like this tweet isn't from HVFF but this person's interpretation of something that was said there? Didn't SA just say they shot down his idea to get his money back? 

Pretty sure there was no mention of Felicity, just that they shot down his idea to be rich again. This person just had to make it about Felicity because of course. ? ? ?

• Love 5
Just now, Angel12d said:

Pretty sure there was no mention of Felicity, just that they shot down his idea to be rich again. This person just had to make it about Felicity because of course. ? ? ?

Yeah, there's this tweet from the HVFF account from SA's solo panel:

• Love 2

Emily Bett Rickards roubou a conta da HVFF em Portland - Legendado
Published on Jan 15, 2018, by Olicity OTA Arrow

Live do Stephen Amell na HVFF Portland 2018 - Legendada
Published on Jan 15, 2018, by Olicity OTA Arrow

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

There was zero mention of Felicity in that question, can confirm.  They were asking which Marvel character he wanted to play and he said Iron Man after some mulling and  joked that it was because he wanted to be a billionaire again lol.  He then mentioned the money later, again out of the context of Olicity, Felicity, EBR...anything other than wanting to just be rich again. 

And he was obviously joking so...

• Love 13
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like this tweet isn't from HVFF but this person's interpretation of something that was said there? Didn't SA just say they shot down his idea to get his money back? 

Considering the fact that on the guys feed he said that when the Oliver and Felicity romance started in season 3 the show had its "lowest ratings ever" when in fact season 3 had an increase in ratings over season 2 I wouldn't trust frat bros reading or listening comprehension skills. 

• Love 9

My best friend is with me and she is very anti-fandom anything and generally doesn't know anything about fandom...she just watches the show.

"What???  But that's not even close to the truth!  I was there!"

"shhh it's ok its his truth"

#alternativefacts 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, there's this tweet from the HVFF account from SA's solo panel:

I am so with Stephen on this one. Making Oliver poor was so pointless. It changed basically nothing except where he lives, and now we have to wonder how he affords all his expensive vigilante stuff, and I don’t want to think about that. I wish some lawyer would just show up for two minutes at the beginning of an episode to tell Oliver and Thea they finally got all their money and house back and apologize for taking so long. And then Myson can have a bedroom with doors. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

LOL, his room has doors. 

He has those sliding door looking things, but there’s that one doorway on the other wall that looks suspiciously doorless. Besides, even doors can’t help the prison cell chic thing going on in Oliver’s apartment. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Besides, even doors can’t help the prison cell chic thing going on in Oliver’s apartment. 

Unfortunately, that has more to do with the show's lack of money, not Oliver's lack of money.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Unfortunately, that has more to do with the show's lack of money, not Oliver's lack of money.

That may be a fair point. Doesn’t explain why they built that ugly, poorly lit set in the first place. I guess I’ll just have to accept that Oliver likes his walls that way. Gross. 

14 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

He has those sliding door looking things, but there’s that one doorway on the other wall that looks suspiciously doorless. 

That one has a door, it's just on the hall side for whatever weird-ass reason. Why yes, I've paid a weird amount of attention to Oliver's cellblock!

• Love 3

Stephen Amell
14 hrs · 
Facebook... I am so fired up. Getting ready to announce three conventions for the first half of 2018. One in an American City I've never done a show in. One in a country I've never been to. And one on a continent where I've never done a show. Good times.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/1628347437250517 

Stephen Amell
13 hrs · 
As promised, I'm going to be doing a monthly box opening video for our Nocking Point Goods Club. Before we tuck into January, I thought I'd give everyone a taste of the club by opening our December box.

You can sign up right here: https://nockingpointwines.com/np-goods/

— Products shown: Nocking Point Goods

Edited by tv echo

I don’t get why Patti’s always so salty about people asking Colin about Arrow. That’s....a good thing? Fans of Chicago Med will probably be asking “what if’s” about him long after he leaves that one too. It’s what they do. Chill a bit - it’s the same thing as people saying they loved her in whatever shows she’s been in after they’ve closed, which I guarantee she has no problem with. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

I don’t get why Patti’s always so salty about people asking Colin about Arrow. That’s....a good thing? Fans of Chicago Med will probably be asking “what if’s” about him long after he leaves that one too. It’s what they do. Chill a bit - it’s the same thing as people saying they loved her in whatever shows she’s been in after they’ve closed, which I guarantee she has no problem with. 

Maybe she's afraid if there is enough fan clamor, the show will make Colin an offer to return for an arc that he just can't refuse and they he'll have to go to Vancouver for a while and then he might be happier on Arrow than he was on Chicago Med, and then he'll have to be separated from this wife or she might move there, and maybe she hates the cast of Arrow so makes up these really weird, long answers that don't make much sense.

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I get it. Even as someone who loves Tommy I think people should let it go but, that's fandom. What I don't get is why she bothers to respond, just ignore it.

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I get it. Even as someone who loves Tommy I think people should let it go but, that's fandom. What I don't get is why she bothers to respond, just ignore it.

Her original tweet was about Arrow - people were just responding to what she put out there. So weird. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Her original tweet was about Arrow - people were just responding to what she put out there. So weird. 

Right? That's the weird part. It's not they were tweeting at her first about Arrow out of the blue. She commented about Tommy being impaled by rebar and dying and now Colin's doctor character is treating someone impaled by rebar. I mean honestly, did she think Arrow fans that watch both shows, wouldn't respond? It's all strange LOL

• Love 1

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Patti Murin and find her hilarious, but I'm not really seeing her tweets being that problematic. Her long twitter post seemed to be rambling about scenarios more than hating on the fans asking about Tommy on Arrow. I actually found myself chuckling at the fact that she hit her post limit and didn't bother to finish in another tweet. 

Also, maybe I'm biased with how I get annoyed with the phrase "too soon" when something happened years ago. I mean, she's not wrong. Colin did leave Arrow five years ago and if he didn't, they wouldn't be married right now. 

Also, at least she wasn't really shitting on the fans in a bad way. I think she was mostly joking around; from following her for the last few months, that seems to be her type of humour. She did make the original tweet to joke about Tommy dying from rebar to connect that to Connor on Chicago Med saving someone from rebar. I don't see her having an actual problem. I've seen way more problematic tweets from Arrowverse actors before. 

• Love 3
Just now, Chaser said:

I could understand if it was Colin being a little annoyed, but he seems perfectly fine still being a part of the Arrow fandom. Don't know what problem she has with it.

Colin seems to appreciate that Arrow fandom still thinks fondly of Tommy, in general.  It seems especially weird, when Colin was literally in Arrow a month ago, playing an alt version of Tommy, wherein Tommy's death was directly referenced and discussed, so of course, it's in the minds of fans again.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe there's a part of her that's insecure about something that beloved by people that happened before she was in her husband's life?  Or since Colin specifically credits losing Arrow to leading to her, people encouraging him to think about what it would have been like had he stayed on the show makes her feel excluded?  Or maybe Colin just never shuts up about the show and she just can't see what the big deal about it was, lol. 

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

. I don't see her having an actual problem. I've seen way more problematic tweets from Arrowverse actors before. 

I agree her responce was pretty mild but I do think she must have some slight hang up.  But she got over it and played along pretty gamely.  

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Colin did leave Arrow five years ago and if he didn't, they wouldn't be married right now. 

Colin didn't leave of his own accord. He was written out. Regardless, what does them getting married have to do with fans expressing that they still miss Tommy? That's all that fan was doing.

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe there's a part of her that's insecure about something that beloved by people that happened before she was in her husband's life?  Or since Colin specifically credits losing Arrow to leading to her, people encouraging him to think about what it would have been like had he stayed on the show makes her feel excluded?  Or maybe Colin just never shuts up about the show and she just can't see what the big deal about it was, lol. 

I'm thinking Colin must be getting some residuals for the reruns that air on TNT, no? So you'd think she'd at least appreciate the money his role is still bringing in.

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Patti Murin and find her hilarious, but I'm not really seeing her tweets being that problematic. Her long twitter post seemed to be rambling about scenarios more than hating on the fans asking about Tommy on Arrow. I actually found myself chuckling at the fact that she hit her post limit and didn't bother to finish in another tweet. 

Also, maybe I'm biased with how I get annoyed with the phrase "too soon" when something happened years ago. I mean, she's not wrong. Colin did leave Arrow five years ago and if he didn't, they wouldn't be married right now. 

Also, at least she wasn't really shitting on the fans in a bad way. I think she was mostly joking around; from following her for the last few months, that seems to be her type of humour. She did make the original tweet to joke about Tommy dying from rebar to connect that to Connor on Chicago Med saving someone from rebar. I don't see her having an actual problem. I've seen way more problematic tweets from Arrowverse actors before. 

I never said anything she wrote was problematic - I wouldn't have commented on this particular set of tweets at all if it wasn't something she's done repeatedly where Tommy is concerned. It's just confusing considering she's accompanied him to cons where he's there....because of his role as Tommy. She's okay with that, but claps back at people mentioning it on Twitter. It's weird. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I agree her responce was pretty mild but I do think she must have some slight hang up.  But she got over it and played along pretty gamely.  

I did go back and look at her tweets during the crossover because I remember her live tweeting about that. From what I see, her only issue is that I think she wants fans to not just look back on the past and what Colin used to do, but also see what he is doing now. She seems very, very supportive of Colin and his decisions, otherwise. She almost always live tweets things that Colin has been in (she live tweets Chicago Med, for example). She also tweeted similar things about Tommy being dead around the time of the crossover, but she also expressed joy at Colin going back to Arrow and she happily live tweeted the Arrow episode of the crossover (and maybe a couple of the other episodes), so I don't think she's bitter about her husband's role on the show. 

But maybe she does have a little bit of hang up. I think you could be right. Which is fine with me. I'd rather tweets like this than tweets, or retweets, like Kirk's. I just think comedy on Twitter is a fine line to walk on. Patti's humour can be on point sometimes, and then other times, it could come across as being bitter or petty. I mean, I've been watching her live tweet The Bachelor and she writes similar tweets there! 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

She only reacted when the fan did the "TOO SOON" with all the cry faces.  I mean, I kind of had the same reaction. :) Too soon? It's been five freaking years. Lol.

It clearly annoys her and has for a while. I don't get the point of replying at all at this point. 

Edited by apinknightmare

So....from what I was reading here, it sounded like she was getting upset because someone mentioned Arrow, and when I went back and looked at what she actually responded to, it wasn't that at all.  It was just (IMO understandable) exasperation over fandom overdramatics.  

• Love 2

Patti's always been that way and it's annoying and imo kinda rude. She'd respond to the most innocuous comments in kind of a dickish way regarding Tommy. The "HE'S DEAD HE DIED A HERO" tweet comes to mind.

Like there is zero point responding to someone like that other than making them feel bad. I know I kinda would if she responded to me that way.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Same here. I  follow both her and Colin and they seem like nice people,  with shelter dogs and raising money for Puerto Rico. Maybe I'm biased since she's the only celebrity who has replied to my tweets. Multiple times.

I took her reply as a joke. Maybe she was riffing on the idea Tommy being Oliver's adversary as I think was the original idea for the show.

I  think that her sense of humor can come across as salty. It's an internet thing. (And maybe projecting a bit because people sometimes take a wrong interpretation of my jokes.)

But now I want a fanfic where Dark Archer  Tommy  kidnaps Felicity before her wedding to Oliver.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Okay. I thought "salty" meant upset and/or bitter.  But that's fine.  Sorry I misunderstood. 

Well, I did mean bitter. :) That's exactly how she comes off to me when she's talking about Tommy when fans mention him (like here, or when people thought that he might be Prometheus or Vigilante), haha. 

When Patti originally started tweeting about Tommy I thought she was just joking around and the tone wasn't coming across properly because internet. But now I do wonder if she's a little salty, though I have no idea why she would be. It's odd. 

Maybe it is just simply that she wants him to get more attention for the current show.  Does it have much of a fan base?  I'm sure it has more viewers than Arrow so that has to be confusing for him to have been a character on a tiny show that was killed five years ago and still getting more attention from that than the current more watched show he's been on for a few years and is one of the main characters.  And yet it's Tommy from Arrow everyone still wants to talk about?

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe it is just simply that she wants him to get more attention for the current show.  Does it have much of a fan base?  I'm sure it has more viewers than Arrow so that has to be confusing for him to have been a character on a tiny show that was killed five years ago and still getting more attention from that than the current more watched show he's been on for a few years and is one of the main characters.  And yet it's Tommy from Arrow everyone still wants to talk about?

I'm not sure alienating Tommy fans is going to helpful to that endeavor.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I'm not sure alienating Tommy fans is going to helpful to that endeavor.

We are not always logical with what we feel, lol.  My spec very well could be wildly off.  It's interesting to ponder no matter what.  

8 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

And considering that a lot of the people who pay to see Colin, get photos, autos are Arrow fans, it's just off-putting for her to be this salty. I mean, I'm presuming she gets to enjoy the fruits of the cons as well. She's been doing this for years. She can just ignore fans, but she won't.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Tommy has a more dedicated fanbase since they're pretty much trashing (and completely wasting) Connor Rhodes on Chicago Med. There he's like the fourth male in the lineup (after Halstead, Choi and Charles) and in terribly written romantic relationships. Season 1 he looked like being the male lead of the show but it's really isolated him since. Social media doesn't seem to be interested in the character.

• Love 1