Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Despite Stephen's rather emphatic "nope," there are still people who're insisting he's only saying that because he's afraid of Olicity fans going after him with pitchforks. Like, really? How delusional can you get? 

If not that, they're crying about how Stephen has totally alienated the fan base and abandoning their fics because they refuse to acknowledge what actually happened in the show now. Like, dude, we all know you weren't going to finish it anyway once you realized that your obsession with having Oliver and the characters you like sitting around talking about how much Felicity sucks can't support the grand remaining of Arrow of which you believe you are capable. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Despite Stephen's rather emphatic "nope," there are still people who're insisting he's only saying that because he's afraid of Olicity fans going after him with pitchforks. Like, really? How delusional can you get? 

LOL,  Honestly, even if Olicity fans went after him with a pitchfork it literally doesn't change a thing. I am actively rooting for Felicity to become the Black Canary by the end of the show as a final f/u to GA/BC stans because they will have their canon pairing right? LOL

• Love 8
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

LOL,  Honestly, even if Olicity fans went after him with a pitchfork it literally doesn't change a thing. I am actively rooting for Felicity to become the Black Canary by the end of the show as a final f/u to GA/BC stans because they will have their canon pairing right? LOL

God, I want that just for the reaction. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 5

It's such a ridiculous question anyway. Laurel was alive in season 2 when Oliver dated her sister. She was alive in season 3 when Oliver was determined to be alone. She was alive in season 4 when Oliver drove off into the sunset, came back with Felicity and proposed to her. Oliver stopped choosing Laurel after season 1. What on earth do they think would've been different if she continued to be on the show?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 23
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I've already read the thread on Reddit where they are terrified this very thing will happen.  Lol.  

Oh, and another theory is SA is just pretending to support Olicity because those are the fans that go to cons, buy his photos ops and buy his wine and make him all his money. 

Oh no!  He likes people that like him and what he is doing!!  It's a vicious circle! Also, never forget, Olicity fans aren't real fans, lol.     

• Love 13

Do people just ignore the fact that he’s always been a vocal Felicity/Olicity fan? 

I’m waiting for people to go, “But Black Siren...” “But Dinah....” “But Black Siren went by Dinah in that one scene...”

But I do love seeing/hearing about SA shutting down O/L the way he does, so I don’t totally hate these Qs. 

• Love 9

Sure, they can ask about it. Just like they can ask about the goatee, and when a SPN crossover is happening, and if SA is going to play GA in the movies, and if Batman is going to appear on Arrow. They're still questions that have been shut down over and over again and just make the person who asks them look ridiculous.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

People want what they want. It's the same as a fan asking about Kara/Lena, aint gonna happen but they can still want it and ask about it. 

The fans asking Stephen these questions have, presumably, watched the last 5 plus seasons. The show did its utmost to nuke LOLiver, never went back to LOLiver, not for a single second. This is The CW, they could have had a love triangle, but the show went hard nope on that. They never went there at all. That should give you (general you, not you you) an indication as to how much they didn't want to touch LOLiver. So to ask that question specifically, "If laurel had survived ..." when the show took pains to keep LL away from Oliver is just asking for pain, IMO.

• Love 8

That's assuming that person in question also follows the show in depth and reads forums online or twitter. 

3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The fans asking Stephen these questions have, presumably, watched the last 5 plus seasons. The show did its utmost to nuke LOLiver, never went back to LOLiver, not for a single second. This is The CW, they could have had a love triangle, but the show went hard nope on that. They never went there at all. That should give you (general you, not you you) an indication as to how much they didn't want to touch LOLiver. So to ask that question specifically, "If laurel had survived ..." when the show took pains to keep LL away from Oliver is just asking for pain, IMO.

Fans don't care about that though lol. Emma Swan got married to Hook on Once Upon A Time and SwanQueen (emma/regina) is still something that a lot desire. Sure for me, I can totally agree with you and see the signs and steps they took but thats not how a lot of hardcore shippers work.

Edited by Primal Slayer
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

That's assuming that person in question also follows the show in depth and reads forums online or twitter. 

Nah, I totally disagree. Even a casual fan who has no Twitter, no SM doesn't participate in fandom but has watched all 5 complete seasons and half of s6 would be IMO willfully ignoring that LOLiver was dead in s1 and never coming back.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Nah, I totally disagree. Even a casual fan who has no Twitter, no SM doesn't participate in fandom but has watched all 5 complete seasons and half of s6 would be IMO willfully ignoring that LOLiver was dead in s1 and never coming back.

People see what they wanna see, even the smallest glimpse. The 100th episode is enough to give hope to people "had Laurel lived, perfect life blah blah" 

And Season 5/6 don't matter. The question was, IF Laurel had survived. Not will Laurel or Black Siren get with Oliver. If she had survived, That person thinks or wants to believe that they might have been a chance.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm sorry, I don't follow ... no one needs to follow the show on social media to understand Arrow picked Olicity to be its main pairing. It's all right there on the show. There was no confusion there. Unless the viewer really doesn't want to understand what's going on. 

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Omg Mini Felicity is back! She's so cute. ? ? ?

And she came as Ghost Fox Goddess! 

• Love 7

It's tv, anything can happen. Greys Anatomy chose Derek/Meredith as its main pairing and they ended up killing that after 11 years. To me, yeah Lauriver is dead, buried, all above, to others IF she had lived they think it might not have been. 

21 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

People see what they wanna see, even the smallest glimpse. The 100th episode is enough to give hope to people "had Laurel lived, perfect life blah blah" 

And Season 5/6 don't matter. The question was, IF Laurel had survived. Not will Laurel or Black Siren get with Oliver. If she had survived, That person thinks or wants to believe that they might have been a chance.

Okay so take out s5 and s6. Oliver had 4 seasons to marry Laurel and he didn't do it. Wouldn't that be a strong clue it was never going to happen?

Edited by catrox14

But isn't the reason they killed her is because they wanted a really significant death but the show was never going to go Lauriver so they could safely kill her without affecting their endgame?

I don't want to stop anyone from shipping a couple that's not going to happen. But if you're going to,  like SwanQueen, don't lie to yourself that it could have happened.

• Love 9

Okay so take out s5 and s6. Oliver had 4 seasons to marry Laurel and he didn't do it. Wouldn't that be a strong clue it was never going to happen?

No. Couples break up and make up all the time in tv. But someone wanting Laurel/Oliver together is no different then someone wanting Regina/Emma together or Kara/James together or Kara/Lena. 

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

No. Couples break up and make up all the time in tv. But someone wanting Laurel/Oliver together is no different then someone wanting Regina/Emma together or Kara/James together or Kara/Lena. 

I get shipping and hoping for a ship to come in, like my Destiel shipping but I'm not gonna ask the actors about it cause I already know the answer regardless of my hope. LOL.  Lauriver shippers already know the answer.

• Love 7

Still doesn't make sense even if you did take out s5 and s6.

S3 he mooned after Felicity like a lovesick puppy and it was probably the biggest heart eyes season in the history of Arrow.

S4 he proposed to Felicity in front of Laurel.

Am I missing something?

I love Raylicity but I don't go around thinking it could have happened or will happen. In fanfic sure! Lol and that's only in stuff written by me anyway ?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

But isn't the reason they killed her is because they wanted a really significant death but the show was never going to go Lauriver so they could safely kill her without affecting their endgame?

I don't want to stop anyone from shipping a couple that's not going to happen. But if you're going to,  like SwanQueen, don't lie to yourself that it could have happened.

That was the whole point I would think of the question. They asked, they got told no and now they have their answer and they can lay that to bed if they wish to do so. People will still believe what they want to believe in the long run, Faith/Buffy is still going strong as having had a thing offscreen for some people.

I get shipping and hoping for a ship to come in, like my Destiel shipping but I'm not gonna ask the actors about it cause I already know the answer regardless of my hope. LOL.  Lauriver shippers already know the answer.

More power to you, other people aren't like that and have no issue asking the actor about it. SwanQueen has been asked to their actors at cons, they like to hold on to even the slightest shred of hope of actually seeing it onscreen.

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Faith/Buffy is still going strong as having had a thing offscreen for some people.

Do fans ask the actresses at cons about shipping them? No one here is suggesting fans shouldn't ship, ship as you will. To me, though it's putting SA in a crappy spot to keep asking him about a relationship that didn't happen. And he's answered it before IIRC. Maybe not as directly as he did this time. I'm sure it will be asked again.

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Still doesn't make sense even if you did take out s5 and s6.

S3 he mooned after Felicity like a lovesick puppy and it was probably the biggest heart eyes season in the history of Arrow.

S4 he proposed to Felicity in front of Laurel.

Am I missing something?

I love Raylicity but I don't go around thinking it could have happened or will happen. In fanfic sure! Lol and that's only in stuff written by me anyway ?

Until the series ends, that doesn't mean a thing in tv. Hell my 5 year old self still thinks that Tommy/Kimberly ended up together in Power Rangers.

Just now, catrox14 said:

Do fans ask the actresses at cons about shipping them? No one here is suggesting fans shouldn't ship, ship as you will. To me, though it's putting SA in a crappy spot to keep asking him about a relationship that didn't happen. And he's answered it before IIRC. Maybe not as directly as he did this time. I'm sure it will be asked again.

They don't do panels that much, SMG never so its hard to but it has been brought up to Joss and he ended up seeing it. And it sure looks like it is being suggested fans shouldn't ship by making the person look stupid for asking their question and if they watched the show.

There’s a difference between wishing that a show would put two characters with great chemistry together and persisting in believing that a clearly dead ship will sail. Olicity has been endgame since season two, maybe before, and Lauriver has been dead in the water from the word go. I’m sorry, but believing anything else is ridiculous. The show has never deviated from this course. Even a half hearted viewing would be enough to see that. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Until the series ends, that doesn't mean a thing in tv. Hell my 5 year old self still thinks that Tommy/Kimberly ended up together in Power Rangers.

I is confuddled! So you're saying it's perfectly reasonable that Lauriver might be end game even though Laurel is dead? Cuz they might bring her back to life? After Olicity get divorced or Felicity dies?

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

I is confuddled! So you're saying it's perfectly reasonable that Lauriver might be end game even though Laurel is dead? Cuz they might bring her back to life? After Olicity get divorced or Felicity dies?

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Never said anything about Lauriver happening. In TV anything to can happen to couples  while the series is going on as proven with Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, whole lotta other shows. Which doesnt mean that I dont think that Olicity is endgame to make it clear.

• Love 1

Okay so I've run out of money and can't go see Stephen or Emily at their tables because they're not doing m&g because of volume ? but the girl at David's booth was super sweet and said that after 5pm, if they're not busy they will open it up to m&g as well.  I'm going to bring him a Coke and give him a hug.

Josh Segarra is AWESOME.  He didn't have anyone really at his booth when all of Arrow went for the photo ops except himself and KC.  I went over and talked to him and got two hugs and was called dude more than I have in years.

also I might have melted a bit, they weren't lame hugs, but bear hugs.  Also hot.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

That was the whole point I would think of the question. They asked, they got told no and now they have their answer and they can lay that to bed if they wish to do so.

A testable hypothesis!

We'll see but I have The feeling that the same question will still keep coming up.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A testable hypothesis!

We'll see but I have The feeling that the same question will still keep coming up.

I was talking about the person who asked the question. It'll definitely come up again, I'm sure until the series takes it's last breath and probably way after that until the characters get rebooted for a 3rd/4th time.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A testable hypothesis!

hehe don't you know that the next questions will be something along the lines of "When is Oliver going to realise that BS is his true love, divorce Felicity and marry her cuz she looks exactly like Laurel?" 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I was talking about the person who asked the question. It'll definitely come up again, I'm sure until the series takes it's last breath and probably way after that until the characters get rebooted for a 3rd/4th time.

It will be interesting to see if the show gets rebooted. Superman and The Flash have been but Arrow isn't as well known.

If it does, I fully expect that Felicity will be gone and the Black Canary will be Oliver's love interest.

I'm sure Green Arrow will get rebooted, the character has been on the rise in the media since he appeared on Justice League Unlimited. This is Dinahs third adaption and if the DCEU gets their act together I can see a 4th coming within the next 10 years. 

While I don't think that Felicity Smoak will get as big of an adaption in another reboot, I think she will get easter egg shout outs but I dont think it will automatically mean that Dinah/Oliver will finally be together since for some reason writers just do not care that much for her outside of comics/animation or her relationship with Oliver. If a movie is made, yeah it'll happen for sure. But tv is still up in the air.

I don't know about Oliver/Laurel but I've seen at least one show bring a love interest back from the dead, so it's not as out there as you might think. (Plus this show's tradition of resurrecting characters...)

2 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't know about Oliver/Laurel but I've seen at least one show bring a love interest back from the dead, so it's not as out there as you might think. (Plus this show's tradition of resurrecting characters...)

Except for the second time Sara came back, which is not repeatable both because the Pool of Whatever It Was Called is destroyed and because Laurel has now been dead far longer than Sara was and everyone knows bringing Laurel back the same way would probably result in even worse blood lust than she had, everyone who came back from the dead on this show never actually died. They appeared to have died to the other characters and were sometimes greviously injured, but they didn’t actually die and then come back. Laurel most definitely did die right in front of a bunch of people, in a hospital. She’s dead, and she’s not coming back. If that was a possibility the EPs were seriously considering BS wouldn’t be around. 

12 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Except for the second time Sara came back, which is not repeatable both because the Pool of Whatever It Was Called is destroyed and because Laurel has now been dead far longer than Sara was and everyone knows bringing Laurel back the same way would probably result in even worse blood lust than she had, everyone who came back from the dead on this show never actually died. They appeared to have died to the other characters and were sometimes greviously injured, but they didn’t actually die and then come back. Laurel most definitely did die right in front of a bunch of people, in a hospital. She’s dead, and she’s not coming back. If that was a possibility the EPs were seriously considering BS wouldn’t be around. 

The only show which can really can claim the  "bringing back the dead to actually be alive again" is SPN. This is your daily SPN non-sequitir reference. LOL

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Trini said:

Fictional resurrections may be possible, but nothing is going to fill the black hole of chemistry between Stephen and KC, which was why the show dumped Oliver/Laurel in the first place.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I do admire the tenacity and persistence, especially since the show hasn't given SA and KC any interaction at all even when they're in the same scenes this season! 

Your comment cracked me up because I was watching the mid season finale next to Hubby and he actually asked me "Did they just dodge each other in that scene? Do the actors hate each other and refuse to share scenes?"

(Keep in mind he watched the earlier seasons and thinks their anti chemistry is a result of them loathing each other in real life! I've told him no one loathes anyone but he insists that stank face = hatred!)

• Love 7
13 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I do admire the tenacity and persistence, especially since the show hasn't given SA and KC any interaction at all even when they're in the same scenes this season! 

I'm not even sure they've filmed together (up to 609). Even that Lance rescue scene could have been stand-ins and cut together.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Phone keeps correcting film to fill
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

(Keep in mind he watched the earlier seasons and thinks their anti chemistry is a result of them loathing each other in real life! I've told him no one loathes anyone but he insists that stank face = hatred!)

I'm with you, I don't think it's hate. More like apathy, maybe? I don't know, but the anti chemistry didn't seem to be very noticeable at the beginning. I was watching the pilot again the other day (KC was gorgeous with the fuller face and that dark hair) and while there was no spark, it wasn't quite the "nope" body language that SA would later have. But then again, SA was playing everything pretty woodenly so it's also hard to tell. 

• Love 1