Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

He's so the polar opposite of Oliver. Basically a total dork, who happened to be born hot and athletic (and, imo, talented).

Literally my dream guy.

And sadly usually when i encounter them they end up either gay or married. Curse my luck.

Excuse me while i go cry in the corner.

ETA: fixing some odd spelling errors.

Edited by foreverevolving

I feel a sense of smug satisfaction that Oliver/Felicity's relationship was discussed on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Couple of quotes:

“Olicity sounds like a travel website or something.” - Jimmy Kimmel

“Were sort of star-crossed lovers on the show, but she’s slightly unattainable and my character is dead so….”

“We both have feelings for each other” - Stephen Amell

Not a fan of the star-crossed bit... But ya know, they are kind of star-crossed at the moment. 

Lmao I love how he says 'we' instead of 'they'

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

“We’re sort of star-crossed lovers on the show. We both have feelings for one another. But she is slightly unattainable for me, and my character’s dead.” I have a grin a mile wide. It's wonderful to hear about Oliver and Felicity on a late-night talk show ;) Now, if we could only get Larry King to invite Stephen Amell and Greg Berlanti back and maybe have Emily Bett Rickards along with them next time.

• Love 11

By far, the best part of Stephen on Kimmel's show is that he not only that he identified the breast pump during "Name That Thing", but also made sure to tell the world that it was "the one that needs batteries." I LOL'd that he even got bonus points for that bit of information.

• Love 5

From Kimmel:   

This show is a huge hit I know and by the way your fans are crazy.  They’ve been tweeting over and over and over at me and I don’t know what they want from me.  You’re on the show. Do they want me to tear limbs off your body and mail it to them?

Then Kimmel brought up Felicity (cue the above quotes about feelings, star-crossed lovers, her being sorta unattainable and him being dead)  and referred to her as his love interest (I wanted to object but any mention is a good mention I guess) and then also brought up Olicity as a mash up. 

SA blamed Benifer but Kimmel thought Brangelina started it.  Um, I'm pretty sure Bennifer came first. 

It was a cute interview, too short though.  Half of it was how excited he was to be there (a dozen buddies crammed into the green room drinking) and half of it was about the show (Arrow).  We had the mentions of Olicity and then he spent the rest of the time talking about the secrets to pretending to shoot arrows. 

I missed the earlier part of the show but I guess he also answered questions about US Presidents.  (Or named them.)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

The wording choice of "star-crossed lovers" is interesting to me since I'm pretty sure that is how the producers described he and Laurel after the first season. I think the theory that TPTB are trying to tell their original love story just now with Olicity has a lot of merit. 

Edited by BkWurm1

The wording choice of "star-crossed lovers" is interesting to me since I'm pretty sure that is how the producers described he and Laurel after the first season. I think the theory that TPTB are trying to tell their original love story just now with Olicity has a lot of merit. 

I think it's fitting because they obviously wanted Lauriver to be everything Olicity is right now. They wanted Lauriver to have teh compelling story, the media attention, the diehard fans with great fanworks to go with it... But it didn't pan out. So they replaced it with Olicity. 

• Love 2

Loved all the bits he had on the show, great story of how he was in Jimmy Kimmel's audience when he got a casting call, too!

I can't name a single Canadian prime minister. I think Stephen should have won that game.  The other guest, Eric Stonestreet, thought so, too. ha!

SA is extremely gracious to fans.  The ones who stop him when he's CLEARLY in a rush so that they can take a picture then have to RETAKE it... I wouldn't have the patience to deal with that.

• Love 1
ohlverqueen asked:

Do you write the courtroom and lawyering scenes since you're ex-lawyer?

I haven’t written all of the ones that have been on the show, but I’ve written a good chunk.

liset11 asked:

Hey Marc.. Hi! One question for you: is there a specific writer who writes the lines for Felicity? please give him/her a hug. I love how this character was developed and kudos to Emily for bring her to life. My favorite female on tv so far.

No one particular writer writes any one specific character. 

pnicolem asked:

What is an Arrow table read like? I always picture table reads as being really awkward because it's like "almost" acting.

I can only speak for myself, but it’s really wonderful.  It’s the first opportunity the actors have had to interpret the script and it’s very helpful for the writers to see what choices they make.  Plus, everyone on our cast is cool, so it’s a nice environment.  We Skype it from Los Angeles.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

Karl Yune tweeted four pics of him and Katrina Law on the set of "The Climb" - click on link below to see other pics:

karl yune @KarlYune  ·  Jan 19
We climbed n climbed the mountain for #ArrowMidseasonFinale but eventually the high altitude got her @Misskatrinalaw

B7uFmH4CcAEGexT.jpg

https://twitter.com/KarlYune

Edited by tv echo

I love the felicity is slightly unattainable crap. No she's not Oliver and her would have been together already if not for him.

Exactly. Also it seems we're redifining star crossed with every ship. This is very much something that can be left at Oliver's feet.

They had to make Felicity unattainable through these bolted on abandonment issues and Oliver being a closed off tool, because otherwise they would be together by now.

One of the many alluring things about Felicity, from the beginning, was just how absurdly attainable she was. She clearly developed a crush on Oliver very quickly, and had a guileless charm and naivety that told you she would just fall into his arms if he held them out. So that made her interesting, in a world where most TV women are remote ice queens, or clearly damaged in some way. Felicity wasn't, and it would have been so easy for Oliver to seduce her and sleep with her. But he didn't, which in turn made him more interesting, in terms of this potential 'ship.

Felicity spent most of the first two seasons waving a bright pink flag that said, 'I have the hots for Oliver Queen', and Oliver spent most of his time pretending he couldn't see it, even though he clearly thought she was great. It was a cute dynamic. But that doesn't work for 'boy wins girl' or 'starcrossed lovers', so they've had to reverse it, and had Oliver express his interest clearly, but also express that it can't happen because reasons. And now Felicity is the closed off one who is trying to ignore it. Meh, makes them too much like every other damned 'will they, won't they' on television for my tastes.

• Love 9

I think Felicity IS unattainable. Not from the audience's perspective, but from Oliver's perspective (eg. Guys like us never get the girls). Oliver made Felicity unattainable because of the life he leads, and then Felicity kissed Ray and Oliver walked in on that and now he believes she's even more unattainable because he probably thinks Felicity is with Ray and has moved on or is trying to move on. 

• Love 15

I think Felicity IS unattainable. Not from the audience's perspective, but from Oliver's perspective (eg. Guys like us never get the girls). Oliver made Felicity unattainable because of the life he leads, and then Felicity kissed Ray and Oliver walked in on that and now he believes she's even more unattainable because he probably thinks Felicity is with Ray and has moved on or is trying to move on. 

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. We know she's attainable, but he doesn't think so. 

• Love 1

I really think the quality of the storytelling has gone down on Arrow this season.  And I still think the reason is that the EPs are spread too thin - and what TV time they do have is devoted more to The Flash.  Let's look at the EPs' current projects (that we know of):

• Marc Guggenheim - Arrow (TV show), Arrow Season 2.5 (companion digital comics), Vixen (animated online series), and Daredevil #15.1 (comics).

• Andrew Kreisberg - The Flash (TV show), The Flash Season Zero (companion digital comics), Green Arrow (comics), and 2015 Oscars (writer).

• Greg Berlanti - Arrow (TV show), The Flash (TV show), The Mysteries of Laura (TV show), Supergirl (TV show), 2015 Oscars (head writer), and Pan (2015 movie, in post-production).

During the Sept. 6, 2014 Paleyfest Fall TV Previews panel, AK talked about when they were doing Ep. 14 of Season 1 of Arrow and were just getting the hang of writing for Arrow, then GB said that they should do a spin-off, and his reaction was: "Are you kidding?  We can barely do one of these."  He was right.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Summary of the whole Twitter fight as reported by the L.A. Times...
When supermodels attack: Chrissy Teigen takes on Katie Cassidy of 'Arrow'
January 20, 2015  5:02 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-katie-cassidy-chrissy-teigen-twitter-feud-erin-andrews-stephen-amell-20150120-story.html

Also reported by EW (who says that KC has "a recurring role" on Arrow)...
NEWS/ Katie Cassidy Goes on a Twitter Rant About Erin Andrews (and Now Chrissy Teigen Is Involved)
by FRANCESCA BACARDI Tue., Jan. 20, 2015 11:12 AM PST
http://www.eonline.com/news/616437/katie-cassidy-goes-on-a-twitter-rant-about-erin-andrews-and-now-chrissy-teigen-is-involved

.@CWFanTalk returns tonight at 7pm ET! Our show is so packed we may not be able to get to everything we have planned!

tumblr_nijefatgod1u4ukkao1_400.gif

tumblr_nijf9hXnl81t6g22fo2_400.gif

B75Bb6cIAAAnx6z.png

We have a jam packed show for you guys today! There is so much to cover and talk about we may not get it all in! But as a special treat, here’s a ‘still’ peek at Emily Bett Rickards exclusive video she made for us at CW FanTalk! (Someone warn Colton Haynes that he’s making an appearance as well!) Tune in for our live show at 4pm PT/7pm ET where we’ll tell you exactly where you can find the full version of Emily’s ah-mazing video!

• Love 3

Another insight into the planning process:

David Ramsey: Of course. As an actor, you’re always worried about some of that stuff. The writing goes where it goes. I’m still worried about it. At the end of the day, I’m an actor wanting for work like anybody else. Any actor, even the big ones, they’re looking for the next big thing, or the next thing even if it’s not big. So that’s just part of our makeup. We’re always trying to express ourselves as artists. So yeah, as the cast grows, you’re thinking, what happens to Diggle? Does Diggle’s writing get watered down? What happens to me? But to their credit, to the creators and writers’ credit, there’s always an open door where I can go in and say, “Where are you going with this? What do you think about this? What do you think about that?” And we can always bounce ideas off, and we have. I worry about it less on this show than maybe other shows where there is a closed-door policy and what they do is the law. I’m not quite as worried about it as I know some other actors would be. 

It sounds like any of the actors can go in and pitch ideas or argue for their character. We know Stephen Amell has pitched a number of ideas that the EPs used and John Barrowman brought in the idea that Malcolm Merlyn is Thea's biological father, not Oliver's.

I felt so sorry for SA losing that game. You could see he really, really wanted to win, he's so competitive.  He threw in "I'm Canadian" to mediate his loss in writing two fewer US Presidents.  (I think he could have got more if he had had more time.)

What struck me is what they talked about. Kimmel seems like he doesn't watch the show so he would have been told what to talk about from his staff in consultation with SA and the Arrow people. They talked about 1. his fans; 2. his Kimmel story, 3. Olicity 4. shooting fake arrows.  (I was happy not to have yet another interview about new superheros stepping up in Oliver's absence.  I also wonder if it was partly his decision to talk about Olicity to end the Lauriver revival talk.)

SA blamed Benifer but Kimmel thought Brangelina started it.  Um, I'm pretty sure Bennifer came first. 

I thought Bennifer referred to Ben Afleck/Jennifer Garner, so Brangelina would have come first.

I can't name a single Canadian prime minister. I think Stephen should have won that game.  The other guest, Eric Stonestreet, thought so, too. ha!

Speaking of Ben Afleck, when he said "Bennifer", that I realized why I have such trouble with the film Argo.  Canada has very few heroes; a couple of weeks ago it was the 200th birthday of Sir John Macdonald and most people didn't realize it.  I can't imagine the 200th birthday of George Washington going unnoticed.  But one of our heroes who we feel very strongly about is Ken Taylor, who was the Canadian ambassador who was responsible for hiding the American hostages.  Afleck not only took much of what the Canadians did and gave it to his American characters, he added a tag that the Canadians didn't do enough for the American hostages and should have done more.  The latter was removed after a very vocal reaction at the Toronto International Film Festival and he added something thanking the Canadians but it still really burns.  I can just imagine what some US networks would say if another country did that to one of their heroes.

I thought Bennifer referred to Ben Afleck/Jennifer Garner, so Brangelina would have come first.

Nope. Ben and Jennifer Garner is Bennifer 2.0. The original Bennifer was Ben and Jennifer Lopez.

• Love 14

I felt so sorry for SA losing that game. You could see he really, really wanted to win, he's so competitive.  He threw in "I'm Canadian" to mediate his loss in writing two fewer US Presidents.  (I think he could have got more if he had had more time.)

Yeah, he did really want to win. Too bad he didn't know what a cornucopia was! Could've won it.

Bennifer was Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. I love Affleck and he was so dirty hot during that period. Complete douchebag level attractive to me. Sigh.

• Love 1

Oh OK. Thank you.

no problem! Kinda sucks lol. 

BTW I remember someone saying they would announce who was going to Paley Fest today I think? I'm curious who they will choose after the TCA mess lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

MG's behind-the-scenes tweets pertinent to the "Left Behind" episode...

Marc Guggenheim @mguggenheim  ·  9h 9 hours ago
That door that fell down and blocked Dig and Roy?  Completely computer-generated, courtesy of @ZoicStudios
Pay close attention to the way @Glen__Winter actually has the camera follow @david_ramsey UNDERNEATH the truck...
BTW, that epic "cliff plummet" shot was the work of the artists at @ZoicStudios
Marc Guggenheim @mguggenheim  ·  10h 10 hours ago
This beautiful cue was composed, like all of our other beautiful cues, by @cowonthewall The singer is singing Arabic:  "A hero has fallen."
Tonight's judge is named after Arrow line producer Todd Pittson.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim

Edited by tv echo

I really think the quality of the storytelling has gone down on Arrow this season.  And I still think the reason is that the EPs are spread too thin - and what TV time they do have is devoted more to The Flash.  Let's look at the EPs' current projects (that we know of):

• Marc Guggenheim - Arrow (TV show), Arrow Season 2.5 (companion digital comics), Vixen (animated online series), and Daredevil #15.1 (comics).

• Andrew Kreisberg - The Flash (TV show), The Flash Season Zero (companion digital comics), Green Arrow (comics), and 2015 Oscars (writer).

• Greg Berlanti - Arrow (TV show), The Flash (TV show), The Mysteries of Laura (TV show), Supergirl (TV show), 2015 Oscars (head writer), and Pan (2015 movie, in post-production).

Apparently, MG's also working on a Marvel project now...

While I live-tweet this, I'm also working on a project for @Marvel. #multitasking #workingbothsidesofthestreet

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim

Plus, MG apparently wrote a spy thriller called Overwatch:

http://www.amazon.com/Overwatch-Marc-Guggenheim/dp/0316212474/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422047228&sr=8-1&keywords=overwatch+by+marc+guggenheim&pebp=1422047237816&peasin=316212474

Edited by tv echo

See? While I applaud the producers' ambition and would never begrudge their professional success, I also understand the concept of being spread too thin. Inevitably the loss of focus on any one particular project is going to lessen its overall quality. This season is definitely suffering the effects of that, IMO.

• Love 2

Interesting indeed. Also, for anyone interested in The WB (and to a lesser extent, UPN) the book Cynthia Littleton and Susanne Daniels wrote, Season Finale: The Unexpected Rise and Fall of the WB and UPN, is worth a look. I hope someone writes something similar about the CW one day, just, y'know...as long as we can avoid losing the CW in a merger.

It's sort of funny because it's well-known that many celebrities buy Twitter followers (here's an article about doing that), so a lot of the "who has more followers" thing is just pretty meaningless, unless the difference is vast. Unless Twitter does a massive purge like Instagram did, it's hard to see who's buying followers. But I can still see why if it's a coin-toss, a casting director would go with the person with a larger social media presence. If you're looking at Colton Haynes with 1M followers vs. some lesser-known actor with 100k followers, it's a pretty easy call to pick Colton and have direct access to your target market through him.