Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

What she's saying is that she doesn't think that Stephen would be so gleefully trolling if he knew Felicity was getting killed off, not that she's safe just because he likes the character. He might not even know who it is (he says he doesn't, who knows if that's true), so reading into his reaction is probably pointless.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

So you aren't saying that Felicity is safe primarily because Stephen likes working with her?

Uh, nope. Not at all. I think SA loves working with lots of people. Doesn't mean they're safe. 

Basically what @apinknightmare said. 

SA seems to like basically everyone in the cast.  He's still friendly with Colin Donnell, but Tommy's dead.  He's friendly with Colton, but Roy's gone.  He loves Caity Lotz, but Sara died (and it was meant to be permanent, IMO they are flat-out lying when they say they meant to bring her back).  The difference, for me, isn't the actor, but the character.  He loves Felicity, and he loves Oliver and Felicity.  He knows they get tons of media attention.  He would throw a fit if they tried to kill Felicity, not because of EBR, but because of FELICITY.

Now, the lead actor throwing a fit doesn't mean it wouldn't happen, but I do think the EPs have made it pretty clear that SA has a good bit of pull.  Add to that that the honchos at CW, etc., wouldn't allow it, and it's not Felicity.  I actually think that other than Oliver and Barry, she is the safest.  

• Love 3

I actually don't think it's a stretch to expect that we might see a more physical Felicity this year.  She's been living with Oliver for a few months now, maybe he's taught her a few moves.  Teaching her a couple of things to protect herself wouldn't be a bad idea, I think. 

• Love 10

The boxing works for her. Her arms were insane in the last episode.

I wonder if DR got her into it. I know she was/is big into yoga and DR has a pretty intense boxing background. 

• Love 2

I remember reading that EBR has always been super athletic. Wasn't she a yoga teacher once too? I think it was CH who said something about her being one of the fittest people on the show which was ironic, considering.

Her entire body was insane, but especially the shoulders, the arms and the butt :) Whatever she's doing is working very, VERY well.

Didn't David play Ali in a TV movie? I seem to remember him mentioning that in an interview. DR's a martial artist and kick boxer. I'm still hoping there's an ep where Diggle has to go undercover in an MMA style cage fight. And one of the rules is that the contestants have to be shirtless :P

• Love 2

Her entire body was insane, but especially the shoulders, the arms and the butt :) Whatever she's doing is working very, VERY well.

Didn't David play Ali in a TV movie? I seem to remember him mentioning that in an interview. DR's a martial artist and kick boxer. I'm still hoping there's an ep where Diggle has to go undercover in an MMA style cage fight. And one of the rules is that the contestants have to be shirtless :P

Maybe he is forced to fight Oliver for some reason that I really don't care about. There can be oil of some kind involved too. 

• Love 8

Haa. Smallville!Oliver was in a fight club for awhile there, it was the greatest terribad dumbass thing ever.

Too bad that cage they built for the fight club promo is in LA, or else they'd already re-used it on the show.

The Blue Jays are winning right now, but Stephen wasn't loving the game so much about an hour ago. In any case, LOL.

Stephen Amell @amellywood

With all due respect to defensive stalwart & possible future fictional brother-in-law Justin Smoak, @CC20rake should start from here on out.

I love this because that video of Stephen giving Emily the Justin Smoak jersey is one of my favorite things ever.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2

He could be saying injection, haha. Either way, what would he need the injection for? Mustering enthusiasm for Olicity? Yeah, I had the impression he was saying "Yeah! I love it! Not, really". It's not that big a deal, I am just honestly confused because everyone seems to take that bit as a very positive one and I just had the opposite impression. Maybe I just don't get the joke, out of context and all.

It made sense to me when i watched the outtake months ago. But can't remember now what it all referenced. It wasn't disparaging to Olicity. If I remember correctly he answered another question with an apathetic tone and these injections & Olicity comments were a way to revive him like a shot of adrenaline. I think if you watch the original interview it provides the context. But I definitely think SA is the biggest Olicity shipper in the cast, writers room & crew.

• Love 2

Stephen Amell @amellywood

With all due respect to defensive stalwart & possible future fictional brother-in-law Justin Smoak, @CC20rake should start from here on out.

SPOILER! #WishfulThinkingAgain

(The "possible" is just an ornament. S.Amell is such a shipper, he probably can't help.)

Edited by Happy Harpy

I still think it's doubtful because the death isn't until April, so much can change between now and then.  These shows aren't written in stone they're constantly changing in the back-half.  If this was something like Game of Thrones where they're mostly following the books and certain characters will be killed off at specific times then yeah, I can see them telling an actor at the start of filming that we're killing you off in episode 9.   

I don't see them telling PB in September that he's going to be killed off in February, too much room/time to spoil the death and there's plenty of time for TPTB to change their mind.

Even on GoT its a script to script read to see if your character dies. They had a death panel as one of the DVD extras where the actors discussed it. Shonda usually calls. Most of her actors joke about how you don't want to hear you have Shonda waiting for you on the other line. Arrow seems to give a few months notice to filming which is nice.

I don't feel like they have told the actor yet if the death scene doesn't shoot until the spring. Besides the fact I believe them when they say they are still working it out. I don't think they are keeping people in the dark to prevent any release of info or hints on social media. Again, Arrow is a good show -but its no GoT or Lost.

I fee like PB is just waxing poetic. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall that his character is on the short list or maybe he's just being touched by the mind blowing concepts life and change. The changing of the seasons always makes me feel the constant beating of time whether I want it or not.

• Love 2

It made sense to me when i watched the outtake months ago. But can't remember now what it all referenced. It wasn't disparaging to Olicity. If I remember correctly he answered another question with an apathetic tone and these injections & Olicity comments were a way to revive him like a shot of adrenaline. I think if you watch the original interview it provides the context. But I definitely think SA is the biggest Olicity shipper in the cast, writers room & crew.

I have a vague memory about SA being tired and the cast joking around about giving him an injection to pep him up, hence him pretending to suddenly start gushing like a maniac about Olicity.

• Love 2

I have a vague memory about SA being tired and the cast joking around about giving him an injection to pep him up, hence him pretending to suddenly start gushing like a maniac about Olicity.

Oh, ok, thanks! I was so annoyed with that clip, but mostly because I heard him say abjection, haha. 

After the Rangers win today, the smartass in me can't help but want to post on SA's Facebook/Twitter account "I don't see you defending Texas now!"

But that's making light of a serious situation...which would be bad.

Edited by WaitandHope
  • Love 4

Measuring screen time is great and all. But it's not always about quantity, sometimes it is about quality (or lack thereof) as well. DD had half the time and made double the impression.

• Love 5

Kudos to whoever wrote those lyrics.  You can see Willa and Susanna T. in the corner just cracking up.

The Blue Jays loss in the 14th inning on Friday was very painful.  We don't speak of it.

(Mayor John Tory had a sudden meeting crop up and couldn't make the game so he went down to the Square in from the City Hall where giant TV screens were set up so people could watch the game and gave his tickets to a mom and her two sons  so they could see it from the stadium. I wonder how he feels now that he might not get another chance.)

Even on GoT its a script to script read to see if your character dies. They had a death panel as one of the DVD extras where the actors discussed it. Shonda usually calls. Most of her actors joke about how you don't want to hear you have Shonda waiting for you on the other line. Arrow seems to give a few months notice to filming which is nice.

On Justified, Graham Yost forgot to call Margo Martindale to tell her that her character was being killed off in the finale and she found out by reading the script. Apparently her response to him was quite something and he keeps it as his computer's desktop to remind him never to forget again.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

That was incredible, I nearly fall off my chair during the abs part. I'm guessing this was from the season 1 party.

I'm partial to Paul Blackthorn's chest hair carrying a scene.

Kudos to whoever wrote those lyrics.  You can see Willa and Susanna T. in the corner just cracking up.

I spotted Susanna straight away but couldn't make out anyone else. The part where Colin himself cracks up is gold. That's a really nice voice he has.
  • Love 2

CD singing at xmas vid above

Thanks for posting!

That was funny. Lyrics were really funny and spot on. Have to admit got a little misty eyed when he talked about hoping for a job for 10yrs. I enjoy the direction the show took, but I'm sad we had to lose CD/TM because of it :(

Also I've decided that the Musical Episode (that myself & others hope for) now has to somehow involve fb, dream sequences or time travel so we can get CD/TM to be in it.

• Love 3

Thanks for posting!

That was funny. Lyrics were really funny and spot on. Have to admit got a little misty eyed when he talked about hoping for a job for 10yrs. I enjoy the direction the show took, but I'm sad we had to lose CD/TM because of it :(

Also I've decided that the Musical Episode (that myself & others hope for) now has to somehow involve fb, dream sequences or time travel so we can get CD/TM to be in it.

Vertigo induced what if musical episode. For it.
  • Love 4

Of course, MG is enjoying the fan angst over the gravesite scene at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/...

vanco-m asked:
Marc I'm pretty sure that will be best season so far!:D OMG Olicity's killin' it. I enjoyed every second. And sorry but the end was very depressing. I almost cried how affraid I was/am... Don't do that to us. I mean cuts like that. Not funny! #2FS4FR don't forget:D when circa do you think we will know who's going to die? #thankyouGuggie #youarethebest!

Thank yo!!!

damnturtle1 asked:
Last nights episode was AMAZING!! And don't get me started on that ending. The Olicity scenes were perfect Emily and Stephen have amazing chemistry. Thank you so much

Thank you for watching!

majkavukova asked:
Please tell me it's not who I think it is in that grave?

I don’t know.  Who do you think is in the grave?

jedichick04 asked:
It's a lighter tone, you said. It's a new chapter, you said. Fret over who's in that grave for the next 6 months, you said. Thanks a lot! Seriously, fantastic job on the premiere. The team, happy Olicity & evil Darhk make me excited for this season!

Thank you!

ipikaboo asked:
COME ON TUMBLR AND SEE WHAT YOU DID.

Okay.  I’m here.

clhardi1 asked:
Man! Another one of my favorite shows just did a season premier with a flash forward! These are killing me. Did you know other shows were doing this as well? I hate prequels. This kind of makes the whole show a prequel now. But good job driving us all crazy and leaving us on the edge of our seats for half the year! Just don't kill Felicity! Please!

No.  We really have no idea what other shows are doing.

thawildawg asked:
Great job last night. I really enjoyed the show. However, that last scene has me nervous. Anyway, keep up the good work and thank you for the romance that is Olicity. (I'm a sucker for romance)

Thanks!

tittaolimily asked:
Marc My sweet Marc! you who are the most sugary Of all☺ Tell me who is the name on the grave ???

Sure.  DM me and I’ll tell you.  But first you have to promise not to tell anyone…

navglad asked:
So do you think this Death scene will overshadow the things you are trying to do over the season? It's hanging over the show like a dark cloud it seems. How do people enjoy interactions knowing it all might be meaningless in 6 months? Buzz worth it?

Time will tell…

specimensteverogers asked:
Hi Marc! First of all, the premiere was amazing - thanks for all your hard work. And now a question - will we find out who is in the grave before they actually kick the bucket? I really hope that's not spoiler territory but I'm not sure. Either way, thanks, and have a great day!

Hmm…

Edited by tv echo

Some other MG responses at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/...

ramagokhale asked:
Congrats on the ratings! loved olicity! It was a highlight! I really like Damien but I thought the action was a bit dismal! Sorry quick question was the stuff written on Damien's hand Sanskrit by any chance? Thanks for indulging us fans!!

It was a variation on Sanskrit.

olicityalamode asked:
4x01 was INCREDIBLE, Marc! Olicity, Damien Dahrk, the action, the PLOT TWISTS! And now, a request: can you please please release a script page for ANY Olicity scene in 4x01? Much Love!

Thank you!  I’ll try to release a script page this week.

oliversmoaked asked:
Hey Marc! The premiere was... WAOW! I was speechless by the end. SO. GOOD! You guys really do an amazing job. Couple questions for you. 1) I know Diggle used a dart on Damian but he seems to be using bullets for the Ghosts. Does he kill them? Or does the "we don't kill bad guys anymore" code still stands? 2) I seem to have noticed other Olicity vacation photos in the episode. Any chance you'll release all of them? Thanks in advance! Stay awesome ;)

1) Flesh wounds.
2) I have to re-get them from the art department.  On my (copious) to-do list.

talkstostrangers asked:
Congratulations to all the team for the awesome season premiere! the wait totally worth, enjoyed every minute, never get bored, loooooove all the domestic olicity, the angst between Diggle and Oliver, Damien Darhk has all the things I enjoy from a villain: evil, suits and sassy hahaha and Thea is really adorable as Speedy. I'm really excited with this season! (except with the death lol) cheers from Chile! :)

Thank you!

stilettoroyalty asked:
I almost forgot to congratulate you on such a wonderful season premiere. After watching several premieres this week from other Superhero shows, I was extremely proud of Arrow for delivering the best hour of television of the premiere season. I know it can be difficult to pull off such a feat in your fourth season when your budget isn't as big and promotion is reduced to bare bones, but when the content is there, fans are your best promotional tool. Congrats. Keep up the good work. I'm excited.

Thank you!  And thanks for watching!

righteousatlas asked:
I've been watching S3 again (this time on the bluray) and I noticed on the ep where Ollie and Thea go back to Lian Yu that there is a forth grave. By my count there should be 3 (Robert, Yao Fey, and Shado). Did I miss something or was that intentional? Loved the premier!

Good eye!

olicity2fs-4fr asked:
Hi Marc! I hope you soon return to answering questions cause Ive got 2: Why is Oliver the only person who uses that voice changer thing in team arrow? 2, If someone is gonna die and get buried that means sg will happen to the Lazarus pit? I guess if someone important died Oliver would bring them back as he did to Thea?

1) He’s not.  Or, at least, he hasn’t been the only one.
2) Keep watching.

holysmoakingqueens asked:
Happy Saturday Marc- the post kitchen olicity scene, I noticed whilst Oliver was shirtless, there was no Arrow burn mark residually left over from where Ras branded Oliver. Is it something that was simply forgotten, 'it has healed', or are you we going to hear about it in the future?

The brand is there.

olicityisbeauty asked:
Hi Guggie! The premiere was AMAZING! Olicity looks amazing! I have a question, why did you not have Laurel use the voice changer when taking to that cop? She still has to hide her identity after getting rid of the wig! :)

We haven’t established a voice modulator for her and it sounded weird.

olicitylovee asked:
Marc. I ask for one thing, and one thing only: Olicity make-up sex. You can do whatever you want with the rest of the season -- hell, you can have Winnie the Pooh make a guest appearance and I won't complain, just please oh PLEASE give us this scene. All I want is to see my babies yelling bloody murder at each other and then resolving their issues by passionately and violently making out & having implied/actual NP level sex. Please do it to make fangirls all over the world happy.

Donna Smoak agrees with you.

Edited by tv echo

I always thought it could be a possibility that she could suit up, didn't know that they had it planned from the beginning. 

I thought the 'Speedy' nickname and all of those archery trophies she had in her room in early s1 implied she'd suit up eventually. Shame they had to use Malcolm Merlyn to kick-start it though. Sigh.

Roy ended up delaying Thea. Colton Haynes was a network push.

He probably was one of the many things the network tried when their star cross lovers theme failed spectacularly with Amell and Cassidy.

• Love 1

Yeah, I expected Thea to suit up but I didn't know CH was a network push. Interesting. Why'd they get rid of him then? Because I don't believe that he wanted to leave.