Type keyword(s) to search

Jazz and the Jennings Family in the Media

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Folks,

This is not the place to discuss de-transitioning.  Jazz is a she, was a she, and will be a she unless she ever says something else.  Primetimer follows the GLAAD guidelines and respects every person's gender self-identification. While the discussion has been respectful, we do not want to go further down a path of speculating about Jazz's gender. Jazz is a woman.  

If you have any questions regarding this, please PM the I Am Jazz forum Mods, @PrincessPurrsALot and @Scarlett45. We do not discuss mod directives in the forums. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Wow, 100 lb weight gain is crazy! What has she been doing, locking herself in her room and binge all day and night just like she used to do, hiding chips and cupcakes under her bed ? We need another season of what? She's not in school, she doesn't have a job so we get to see depressed Jazz? She realized that the surgery was not the answer to her unhappiness. I'm not sure I want to watch sad sack Jazz eat herself in to misery and blame it on another disorder. Go away, Jennings family! 

• Love 7
On 6/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

And it’s here as well.https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/i-am-jazz-renewed-season-7-tlc-1234985885/

I was hoping that any future seasons would feature Jazz away at college...but no, TLC starts filming with her family in FL this summer.😕  Hopefully, she’s preparing to move away.  

I'm wondering if she ever even started college. I get Covid screwed up a lot of things and could see her not going off to campus last year or this year, but I'm really doubting she's even taking on line classes. 

• Love 3

I have 2 grand daughters that did online college last year. One just graduated from UC Davis and the other will be a Junior at Cal Poly. Most of their work was done online but GD at Cal Poly had some lab classes in person.  I can't imagine if Jazz really wanted to go to college, that the option wasn't there for her.

• Love 2

She did high school on line, didn't she? So maybe college online wasn't that much of an adjustment. Though I do think once the pandemic is really truly over, getting out of the house would be likely part of her dream, and college would be a great place for her to meet and make real friends in a whole new way (not just online or at occasional conferences, and not just people she grew up with).

She had that whole thing about wanting her own apartment, which was probably staged either completely or partly for the TV show, but still.... most kids eventually do want to get out of their parents' house, especially since her parents are the helicopter/micromanage sorts.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/22/2021 at 6:15 PM, bichonblitz said:

Wow, 100 lb weight gain is crazy! What has she been doing, locking herself in her room and binge all day and night just like she used to do, hiding chips and cupcakes under her bed ? We need another season of what? She's not in school, she doesn't have a job so we get to see depressed Jazz? She realized that the surgery was not the answer to her unhappiness. I'm not sure I want to watch sad sack Jazz eat herself in to misery and blame it on another disorder. Go away, Jennings family! 

Judging by all the shirtless Sander working out IG/Tik-Tok vids, I'd say the storyline is going to be Sander (who also doesn't seem to have much of a life outside of filming) as personal trainer to overweight Jazz, leading her weight loss effort.  This may even turn into the #SanderIs (his hashtag) show before too long.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Jazz is at Harvard, Ari is in Alabama getting her Doctorate in Psychology, Griffin continues law school, working as a law clerk, and living with roommates in his apartment, and Sander is...still at home making Tic-Toc videos.  Seems like he's the one people should be worrying about!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 9/4/2021 at 9:52 AM, all4mom2 said:

Jazz is at Harvard, Ari is in Alabama getting her Doctorate in Psychology, Griffin continues law school, working as a law clerk, and living with roommates in his apartment, and Sander is...still at home making Tic-Toc videos.  Seems like he's the one people should be worrying about!

You mean being up Jazz's ass 24/7 isn't a real job? I mean, damn, he makes Jeanette look like a absentee mother, he's so far up there. If Jazz is actually in Massachusetts, I won't be surprised if he suddenly decides to move to Boston. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I have real doubts about her adjusting to Harvard. This is a person who couldn’t handle going (in person) to high school. She’s had repeated surgeries, seems to suffer from depression and anxiety and is leaving home several years after most people do. I hope that she takes advantage of any counseling services available. On the other hand, getting out of the house and away from home could really expand her horizons. Agree that the parents might want to focus on Sander a bit. The few tic-tock videos of his that I’ve seen seemed to be aimed at 6-7 year olds. Incredibly and disturbingly infantile.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm not trans, but I found high school unbearable. I thrived in college. I think it's much easier to find your people at university than among whatever kids you're stuck with in your local school.

Not sure how having had surgeries would make any difference, but there are LOTS of LGBTQ community opportunities and mental health supports in Boston/Cambridge and MA generally.

I am not predicting how Jazz will fare, but in general, I'd much rather be in MA as an adult than in FL with my parents, speaking as a cis lesbian. Maybe Jazz will crash and burn, but she might also thrive.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

Agree that the parents might want to focus on Sander a bit. The few tic-tock videos of his that I’ve seen seemed to be aimed at 6-7 year olds. Incredibly and disturbingly infantile.

For those of us non-tick/tock viewers, could you expand a bit more on Sander's infantile behavior? Thanks in advance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Re Sander’s tic-tick videos. I do not follow his channel and have not seen them all. Some are PSA announcements re LGBTQI rights. Some are stupid games with most of the family involved, including the parents. Very cringeworthy.  There was one where he was pretending to be a 6 year old boy being dropped off at school which involved both he and his mother shrieking at the top of their lungs, and him throwing himself on the ground acting like a toddler having a tantrum. He does tiktoks with Jazz a lot, which aren’t as bad and at least show his support as a brother. Look, I’m obviously an old fart and not tiktok’s main audience, but most of his videos just seem infantile to me. For a guy that constantly bemoans not having a girlfriend, he might consider that a lot of people are going to be turned off by his social media. Jazz is not the only focus of his videos but she is a main focus. It will be interesting to see what he does when she’s not longer living at home. In a way, he’s the outlier in that family. Jazz is off to Harvard, his other siblings are in law and medical school and he’s living at home making tictock videos. He seems a little lost to me.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Wasn't Sander the one who had the weeping meltdown in the show's first season because Jeanette was paying too much attention to Jazz and not enough to him? 

To make up for it, Jeanette took him for a mani/pedi.  Okay...

• Useful 1
On 10/4/2021 at 3:25 PM, maggiegil said:

Marci Bowers (one of the surgeons who performed Jazz's surgery) has come out against giving puberty blockers to minors like Jazz. Its a long read but interesting that prominent doctors who are trans have come out against the treatment https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/top-trans-doctors-blow-the-whistle

This article is fascinating, and I guess good for Dr. Bowers to admit she was wrong. I'm totally not surprised that Jazz did not reply to the writer's request to be interviewed because this flies in the face of Jazz's experience and if there is one thing Jazz has shown us time and again, it's that she is unwilling to listen to any thinking that is not exactly in line with her own. But yeah, this is really amazing, I wonder what Jeanette and Greg think about this article since Jeanette was always the one pushing for Jazz to have blockers and surgery ASAP, while Greg was wanting her to wait.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 8
On 10/6/2021 at 7:23 PM, gingerella said:

This article is fascinating, and I guess good for Dr. Bowers to admit she was wrong.

Bowers is a surgeon and had nothing to do with putting Jazz or any other minor on puberty blockers.  From watching early episodes, it was a male doctor - I assume her pediatrician - at the time, although some surgeon or other inserted the implant (which could easily have been under local in the doctor's office).

They're replaying last season's episodes on TLC, I assume leading up to the show returning soon.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Looks like Sander is Jonesin' for his own show...or to take over this one!

Jeanette is ready for it - she's just as inappropriately interested in his sex life as she is in Jazz's.  Yuck.

I'm sure they think they're being supportive, but watching everyone police Jazz's food, down to the amount of butter, is painful.  All that's going to do is send her back up to her room, binging in secret.

I have no doubt Jeanette is right when she tells Jazz she's all talk, though.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm sure they think they're being supportive, but watching everyone police Jazz's food, down to the amount of butter, is painful.  All that's going to do is send her back up to her room, binging in secret.

I know, that trailer made me almost not want to watch,a bit too much butter won't cause a 100lb weight gain but what they're doing to her in that clip will definitely exacerbate binge eating

4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Looks like Sander is Jonesin' for his own show...or to take over this one!

Its sad when you see people who have become addicted to the attention of reality tv.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I know, that trailer made me almost not want to watch,a bit too much butter won't cause a 100lb weight gain but what they're doing to her in that clip will definitely exacerbate binge eating

Its sad when you see people who have become addicted to the attention of reality tv.

Unbeliveably sad.  She needs to get off tv and social media.  Enough.

• Love 11

Folks, after watching that preview, I think I'm out this season. I just cant anymore. I feel like I am complicit in continuing this famewhore gravy train for this family by continuing to watch. And tuning in to see how far off the wagon someone falls just isn't entertaining to me. I signed up for this to learn about being transgender from childhood onward and learned quickly that Jazz is not the posterkid she thinks she is. She's not even likeable at this point, but at least I can stop watching to stop my contribution to her and her family's addiction to fame whoreness.

And don't EVEN get me started on Sander dating trans women now. The fuck? Could he be any more obvious that he's trying to make his lazy ass living as a succubus to Jazz's show? Just, NO. I quit this bitch.

ETA: It's such a damn shame what this show has devolved into now. It had so much potential as a positive learning show about being a young trans person today, but it's just a pathetic voyeuristic journey into a family that is IMO dysfunctional but won't admit it. They need to stop being on TV and get her the help she needs.

ETA2: The only thing I want to know is whether or not Jazz kept up with her dilation regimen or if she bailed on that too, because if so, all those surgeries and all that angst was for naught. I sincerely hope she did, but she just never follows through on anything. It's sad, this kid needs in patient therapy without her parents and brother around to enable her.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 17

I’m not sure what to make of the new themes of the show.  It’s likely a nice income for people who aren’t working a regular paying job.  I’m not sure if Jazz is on scholarship at Harvard, but if not it would be helpful in paying those expenses.  I don’t really fault people for being on a tv show to make money, unless it’s harming children who are too young to have a say so in the matter.  Since Jazz is now an adult, it’s her call.  And, it sounds like she’s in therapy, so she should be in a position to make her own decisions. Hopefully, she’s not counseling with her cousin. Lol 

• Love 2
On 11/3/2021 at 12:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

so she should be in a position to make her own decisions.

I think you got a head contusion, because you've been here for how many seasons now girl! Her decisions are never healthy. Exhibits A through D:

A. Insisted on home schooling because she could/would keep up with her homework

B. She can handle her weight issues, binging in the car or in her bed, secretly

C. Demanding to have transition surgery without doing the preparation that would give her the best results

D. Being hounded by her mother to dilate because, yanno she aint doin' that either

E. Pretending to have a boyfriend with someone who had serious emotional issues

Need I elaborate further?! 🙂

• Love 6

She got huge 😱

I'm out of the loop, haven't watched it in forever. She's always seemed to have issues with food, but can someone clue me in on why she gained so much weight? I guess her family is enabling it (as they always have). It's hard to see.

Edited by overtherainbow
  • Love 3

It isn't the extra weight keeping her from Harvard (when was this filmed? Couldn't she do some courses online?) it's her depression. And that isn't going to be helped until she can separate from her family. They should NOT be watching what she eats - that makes secret binging worse. 

I guess the show now is more about her family, because I'd like to see her trying some independence, even if it's only for an afternoon.

My mother watched everything I ate, even insisting to take me to some quack doctor - in my 20s. I'm 72, she died 8 years ago, but I still get a little thrill when I order a Coke. 

I hope Jazz doesn't follow in my footsteps. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jazz is obese. It’s sad that she is destroying her health. I wonder if she is bullied in college?

I thought by the time one went to college they were over the mean girls and harassing and so forth (just an assumption, I never went).  And a lot of college students would be full fledged adults (back to school, grad work, etc.).

I would think that the cost and case load, especially somewhere like Harvard, people wouldn't have the time and resources to waste heckling other students because of their appearance.

• Love 8

I don't think I'll be watching this next season either, between seeing Jazz continue to deteriorate, the 15 year old (mentally) Sander's incredibly fake storyline to continue to beef up his reality tv fame for social media and Jeanette's annoying voice I doubt I'll have much room left for disgust.

• Love 6
On 11/11/2021 at 1:06 PM, Sile said:

I thought by the time one went to college they were over the mean girls and harassing and so forth (just an assumption, I never went).  And a lot of college students would be full fledged adults (back to school, grad work, etc.).

I would think that the cost and case load, especially somewhere like Harvard, people wouldn't have the time and resources to waste heckling other students because of their appearance.

Plus, while yes, she is obese and that's an important medical issue, so are almost half of Americans. I highly doubt she's the only overweight college student out there. 

• Love 6