Type keyword(s) to search

Jazz and the Jennings Family in the Media

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Jazz updated her FB to include a video of her at the beach.  She’s saying something….I can only guess what by reading her lips.  Lol

With the sound on she's saying "I'm a beach" (not I'm at the beach) sort of like how a French person would pronounce "bitch".

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1

A new season will premiere on Tuesday, January 24th, at 10/9c

Jazz returns home to Florida after her first year on her own at Harvard and has been working on her social life, entering the dating scene and struggling on the apps. While trying to be independent, she receives a death threat upon returning to college, and her parents must step in. “I Am Jazz” is produced by This is Just a Test.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tlc-renews-say-yes-to-the-dress-1000-lb-life-1235431717/

• Sad 2
On 1/10/2023 at 5:20 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

So, season 8 starts 1/24…..

I saw a clip last night with Jazz parading around in a Trans flag and saying how she gets death threats all the time. I'm out guys. I can't with this shit. Girl needs to get off TV and just live her life.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Yahoo had a puff piece on Jeanette and Greg on the front page today (1/22/23), probably to promote the upcoming new season.  They put an click-baiting headline on it, fomenting the idea that Jazz's parents may not still be a couple and "a look inside their marriage".

We're told about their recent anniversary and how they took cute pics on a beach.  Next, it gets serious:   the couple recounts how they used fake first names (Renee and Scott) when they first started making TV appearances on talk shows to advocate for trans rights.  We are also told that the family will not disclose their real last name.   For the folks who don't watch the show, the article tells how the parents are extremely supportive and reveals that Greg is an attorney.   Hohum.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jazz-jennings-parents-still-together-165721467.html

• Like 3
(edited)

I saw a story on Yahoo News today (01/25/24), where Jazz is talking about her recent 70lb weight loss.  I didn't get past the 2nd sentence of Jazz's statement because she talks in such "sound bites", words crafted to look good in print but are soulless.

She does look vastly improved and still showing off that cleavage to her advantage.

Article and pic are here.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

I imagine it's Ozempic/Wegovy.  It seems every formerly heavy celebrity you can think of (Oprah, Whitney Thore, Kelly Clarkson) who always struggled to lose an ounce is now dropping weight like crazy -- along with almost everyone I know in my personal life!

• Like 7
On 1/26/2024 at 9:00 PM, Dibs said:

I imagine it's Ozempic/Wegovy.  It seems every formerly heavy celebrity you can think of (Oprah, Whitney Thore, Kelly Clarkson) who always struggled to lose an ounce is now dropping weight like crazy -- along with almost everyone I know in my personal life!

Probably so. Read the article, good for her

Losing weight and committing to daily exercise is hard. My only suggestion is that she invest in a good sports bra for running.

• Like 4

I agree. A proper fitting sports bra saves a lot of pain, and can impact your back, and cause other structural issues.    It's easier to get to enjoy exercise when you're comfortable, with proper attire and foot wear.    

• Like 4
(edited)
On 1/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, Dibs said:

So, I've read after awhile your body becomes adjusted to it and it does not work anymore-what then?

Edited by xls
typo
  • Like 3
On 4/25/2024 at 3:40 AM, xls said:

So, I've read after awhile your body becomes adjusted to it and it does not work anymore-what then?

It's not adjusted to it as much as it's your body reacting to what it thinks is a serious problem.  Fat bodies are meant to survive the food scarcity of prehistoric times, so when the fat body loses its fat reserve, it takes action to get that fat back. Physical, hormonal, and neurological changes slow metabolism, increase appetite and make food more attractive and pleasurable. You regain weight because your body is driving you. Drugs like Wegovy slow this reaction for several years; weight loss surgery slows it even longer. So after that it's rigorous attention to diet and exercise. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Is this show coming back for another season?

The article didn’t say so.  I would think her weight loss journey would be featured on the show.  

8 hours ago, Dibs said:

Translation of all that: I took Wegovy and dropped a ton of weight.

I guess that doesn’t matter, but I’ve lost 85 pounds in less than a year and didn’t use any meds.  I suppose some people assume I took injectables, though I didn’t. Not that it matters.  I would have used them if my health insurance would have covered them.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess that doesn’t matter, but I’ve lost 85 pounds in less than a year and didn’t use any meds.  I suppose some people assume I took injectables, though I didn’t. Not that it matters.  I would have used them if my health insurance would have covered them.  

You probably don't have binge eating disorder, which Jazz has admitted to.  Anyone who has tried for years (and decades, in the case of Oprah) unsuccessfully to lose even a pound and keep it off but now can since semaglutide has become widely available is naturally and logically suspected of taking it.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think people should be honest about it.

In other news, Sander is enjoying a "staycation" in the Florida Keys.  Isn't a staycation just staying where you are?  Does he live in the Keys?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dibs said:

In other news, Sander is enjoying a "staycation" in the Florida Keys.  Isn't a staycation just staying where you are?  Does he live in the Keys?

Not that I disagree with your point about Sander, but as a fellow South Floridan, I will somewhat defend his use of “staycation.”  The term is used around here a lot because Florida being what it is as far as there being many tourist and vacation destinations all within a relatively short distance, we often refer those as “staycations.”  It’s often easy to make a day trip or a weekend to Key West, Miami, Orlando, etc without all usual hassle and cost of larger vacations. If they still live where they did when the show was airing, they live in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area), so a trip to Key West isn’t a big deal. It’s a 4-5 hour drive. It wouldn’t even be that long except most of the drive is a long stretch of highway where the speed limit is only 35-45 mph. 

I live in the county north of Broward (I used to watch just to see them at places I recognized) and we’ve always made day/overnight/weekend trips to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, the Keys, etc. and referred to them as staycations. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

Wherever he is, what exactly is Sander taking a vacation from?  Isn't his whole life a vacation?

Right? Being a clinger on of his sister’s social media account isn’t exactly a job. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Well, I would call that "a day trip" or, more likely, "a getaway" since they probably didn't drive 8-10 hours total in just one day.  I assume he means it's a staycation compared to his usual jet-setting, globe-trotting lifestyle of endless exotic vacations.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 6/30/2024 at 10:19 AM, Dibs said:

You probably don't have binge eating disorder, which Jazz has admitted to.  Anyone who has tried for years (and decades, in the case of Oprah) unsuccessfully to lose even a pound and keep it off but now can since semaglutide has become widely available is naturally and logically suspected of taking it.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think people should be honest about it.

All these bogus "disorders". Yeah, it's hard to drop weight. That doesn't mean you have "a disorder" or "an addiction". It means you need to get busy and apply some self-discipline.

1 hour ago, Not Buyin It said:

All these bogus "disorders". Yeah, it's hard to drop weight. That doesn't mean you have "a disorder" or "an addiction". It means you need to get busy and apply some self-discipline.

I'm not saying I personally believe in BED nor that Jazz has it; I'm saying JAZZ cited it as the reason no weight loss was ever possible before.  Now, suddenly, it is.  That's due to semiglutide.

Well, it is commonly said that BED causes weight gain. No great shock or surprise there. Having BED assumes the person is not doing anything to lose any of the weight gained from binging and that's why no weight loss was possible.

• Like 1
On 8/5/2024 at 9:54 AM, Yeah No said:

Well, it is commonly said that BED causes weight gain. No great shock or surprise there. Having BED assumes the person is not doing anything to lose any of the weight gained from binging and that's why no weight loss was possible.

Uh, right.  So I'm asking where did the BED go?  Semaglutide is the only explanation for the weight loss since it kills your appetite.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1