Type keyword(s) to search

Monty's Marathon Diary: Wonder Woman...To The Extreme!

You know, Val and Gary Ewing being time travelers could explain the season they spent mourning Bobby's death... which, of course, turned out to be Pam's dream. Also: that moonbase slide? It's actually from Space:1999!

Man, I'm reading W&P and it's taking forever. Off to pop my brain out and put it in a jar! Love that episode.

Also, wouldn't a giant pot filled with solid gold coins weigh a literal ton? I can see WW toting it around, but not regular humans.

Yeah, the pot's weight varies a lot in the episode. At one point it takes two burly guys to lift it out of a hole in the ground, but later on the bad guy can carry it with one hand.

(edited)

In "Formicida," I'm fascinated that "the Ant Queen's" magic ant formula induces a transformation from meek scientist to, um, ant-hormone-lady that turns out to to consist of her very suddenly appearing in bronzer, a curly wig, and a leotard while the lights flashed a lot. (And I have absolutely no idea what bronzer, curly wigs, and leotards have to do with controlling ants.) Honestly, it would have made more sense to use something like Ant-Man's helmet--they probably could have drummed up a motorcycle helmet with some blinky lights successfully.

They get points for attempting an actual comic booky like villain (even with a redemption arc at the end) but sadly the episode was largely proof as to why they had not the budget, FX, nor creative designers to do more such stories. "Evil real estate developer" they at least didn't have to worry about special effects for.

I recall when I was three years old, the "Gault's Brain" episode absolutely FREAKING TERRIFIED me. To a toddler watching on a fuzzy TV, the evil brain seemed SO REAL. Which makes the episode all the more hilarious to me now, given how ridiculous the brain in a jar looks. Gault gets credit though, for prototyping the Kindle.

Edited by DeathQuaker

I was more of a Charlie's Angels fan, much to my shame. Never watched Wonder Woman.

But man Lynda Carter has nice skin. She is a true beauty. Some actresses like Kristy Macnicoll were just so Seventies. Lynda is timeless except for the clothes.