Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Fight Or Flight

Jackson rescues his best friend Abraham from a lion attack in Botswana. Details of the event reveal that the wild cats are no longer afraid of humans and might possibly be killing for sport. Elsewhere, Jamie and Mitch make an interesting discovery while running tests on a cub at the Los Angeles Zoo; and Chloe struggles to focus on her work as a government intelligence analyst after returning to Paris.
(edited)

Billy Burke's line reads embody our fan snark: [pause for effect] Lion-y.

Now I get why y'all dissed the reporter in the last episode. Not only is she a relentlessly obsessed conspiracy theorist, but the voice! I may never have had a wide vocal range, but at least my voice isn't like nails on chalk board when it rises above a whisper.

That awkward moment when you discover your puppy is a serial killer or joined a gang.

I heart this post so much. I hope you don't mind that I'm taking it to Twitter. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4

Now I get why y'all dissed the reporter in the last episode. Not only is she a relentlessly obsessed conspiracy theorist, but the voice! I may never have had a wide vocal range, but at least my voice isn't like nails on chalk board when it rises above a whisper.

Speaking of which, she was also annoying on that show as well.

• Love 1
(edited)

The lion stepped on Abe's phone and called Jackson -- seriously ?  And it was intentional ?  Heck, I'm just incredibly impressed by the awesome cellphone coverage in the middle of nowhere.

What happened to the bodies of all the other dead tourists ?  Did the lions drag all of them away ?  Turns out they just took their time recovering them, wherever they were found.

No way the entire contents of that Jamie's computer hard drive cloned wirelessly in seconds.  Someone who can't pay their rent does have gigabit wireless broadband.

How stupid is the English couple adopting this 4-year-old in Slovenia ?  I'm pretty sure that kid is evil and controlling the dogs as his minions.  I was kind of hoping the tigers decided that Andress would make a nice appetizer.

Oh noes, the massive multi-national agro-chemical murdered my home town.  I especially like how Mitchell didn't follow up with what she meant about Reiden Global "murdering her home town" because it was never mentioned again.  Unless Jamie grew up in Bhopal, India I'm not buying it.

Wow -- that's a stretch.  The lion's left Abe alive in the tree to spread their message that they are no longer afraid.  Come on.  Yet 22 tourists were killed off that truck and nobody acts like that's a big deal at all.  WTF ?  That's got to be bad for future business.

You just know that the REALLY important stuff about the pending animal revolt is on those missing 7 flash drives.

So all the lions decided at once to start slashing the leg arteries of all the victims and let their victims all bleed out.  Just for kicks.

Cute blonde French tourist that Jackson saved just so happens to work for the French Secret Service and her sister banged her fiancé.  That all seems like extra plot tossed into pad out this show that has nothing to do with animals.  Except for mysterious dude that knows everything about her and needs her help to save the world -- since he knows about the lions of Botswana and the dogs of Slovenia (how does he know about the dogs exactly ?).  No one at the Slovenian hotel seemed concerned about a recent rash of tourists gone missing, let alone killed and eaten by dogs.

Not only are the lions no longer afraid, but they have also become super-intelligent and, according to Mitchell, developed world-wide wireless mesh network communication capabilities with their minds.  Not the hyper-gamma frequencies, oh no.

As for the hotel's dog (let's call him Evil Eddie, since he looks like the dog on 'Frasier') that lured the stupid English guy out into a really shitty section of whatever city they are in-- turns out this idiot was the latest in a long line of kills by the dogs of Slovenia.  I hope they were only killing tourists.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4
(edited)

The cats possibly abandoning ship (or tree, to be exact), because annoying reporter called animal control on them, was hilarious.  And awesome.  I just love the cats being all "Oh, shit!  We've been made!  Abort!  Abort!", and then run back to their houses, and pretend like everything is normal again.  But I'm really hoping they hold a grudge.  I want to reporter to come back to her place, trashed and the phrase "Snitches gets stitches!" is scratched into her curtains or floor.  Then again, it sounds like she's late on rent and might get kicked out?  I know reporters aren't rolling in money, but I would think they can get buy.  Is she blowing all her money on genie tattoos? But I wouldn't be surprised if this lead to wacky hijinks, where she bunks with Mitch for no realistic reason.

So, unless I missed it last week, French lady is actually in the secret service?  Who was she after in Africa, I wonder?  And it seems like her fiancee cheated on her sister, which is low on both of them.  Actually, when she and the sister first met, I honestly wondered if they were going to completely flip the script, and the French lady was actually a lesbian.  Either the actresses played that scene in a way that made it come off sexual, or I just have a dirty mind.  Probably both...

Nice fake-out, show.  Making the tigers look suspicious, only for it to be the dogs time to shine.  They are a lot craftier, then I would have predicted.  Having a innocent looking one lure victims to the pack.  Dog ambush!

Abe was just used to send a message... OK, then.  And, if the lion did dial the phone on purpose, then I'm prepared for anything. Maybe the lions are totally inserting tracking devices into their victims.  Hell, maybe they're the ones hacking the reporter's computer!  Wouldn't be any worse then all of CSI: Cyber.

So, now Jackson and Abe are jetting off to Tokyo to get the rest of his dad's drives, French Lady's been approach my some mysterious dude, and Mitch/reporter are trying to operate on a lion cub, but are pissing off the rest of the lions.  Oh, and Mitch is saying that the cub has something in it's brain that it shouldn't have.  Sounds fun!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 8
(edited)

The cats possibly abandoning ship (or tree, to be exact), because annoying reporter called animal control on them, was hilarious.  And awesome.  I just love the cats being all "Oh, shit!  We've been made!  Abort!  Abort!", and then run back to their houses, and pretend like everything is normal again.

This!

Loved it.... "Purr, purr, purr... dont mind me; I'm just a lovable pet suggling down with this helpless child.. purr" (cackles evilly inside)

"How are we going to keep him entertained for 2 days? He doesn't even speak English?!"

Uh.. 2 DAYS? Aren't you ADOPTING him? How were you planning to deal with him for the rest of your life?

Show of hands.. who would follow a dog around a strange city at night, going into deserted dark alleys? No one?

Thought so.

And considering the number of bodies lying around, NO ONE smelled that? Not even our intrepid Dad trying to rescue a circus toy when he was within FEET of the dead?

That must be one stinky city. It doesn't take blood very long at all to REEK.

More animal mayhem please! I hope the showrunners know that we are all rooting against the humans. (except the vet pathologist... I'd like to see him on Team Animal)

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 9

Let's call the doggie Enterprising Eddie. After all, he's smart enough to lure unsuspecting nitwits to the Slovanian Canine Killing Fields.

Who adopts some poor little kid without knowing a word of his language? Dumbasses deserve the wrath of Eddie and his pals.

Annoying 50 Shades of Stupid reporter girl needs to be dragged off by a clowder of alley cats. Can't stand the character or actress. And blonde Frenchy broad all of a sudden has no accent when she speaks English? Did the lions scare it out of her? Don't care about her or her soap opera life.

Bess Armstrong!

Tee hee, Bob Benson. I have to laugh every time I see Jackson. I'm expecting someone to ask him how he's doing so he can say, "Not great, Bob!"

What a great cheesy summer diversion. I'm solidly on Team Animal, although I'd let Jackson, his mom, Abraham (is that the lion tree guy's name?) and the nutty professor in L.A. live.

• Love 7

Hutsville, Botswana, has great cell coverage and a large supply of body bags. 

I don't think I've ever wanted a kid to be eaten by tigers quite so much!  But at least I got the next-best thing:  Clueless, Oblivious, Wannabee Dad getting eaten by dogs!

"Come weez mee!  Ze fate off ze vorld depends on eet!"  That line always works on women.  They just leap to go off to godnoze where with a complete stranger!

So, Jackson Azz is off to Japan, and Abe runs from his hospital bed to go along, because...  he thinks Japanese girls are cute?!??

This episode didn't contain as many hilarious gaffes as the pilot.  And Kilimanjaro seems to have returned to Tanzania!  At any rate, I'm sticking for now.

• Love 2
(edited)

The dad may have been "too stupid to live" but he wasn't malicious and seemed like he took good care of Eddie. I wondered if Czech orphan was the real target, but maybe he was in cahoots with the doggies from the start. Anyone catch the word the the dad probably erroneously translated as "souvenir"?

..."Come weez mee!  Ze fate off ze vorld depends on eet!"  That line always works on women.  They just leap to go off to godnoze where with a complete stranger!...

No shit. Although I bet he's not really going all Criminal Minds on her; he was just born creepy sounding. Anyway, I'm guessing she's an animal whisperer or something similar, which is why she was spared in the first place, which, if so: kudos to the writers for patching that plot hole. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
(edited)
The dad may have been "too stupid to live" but he wasn't malicious and seemed like he took good care of Eddie.

That's the thing -- it wasn't even "too stupid to live" dad's dog, the dog belonged to the hotel.  When Andress was playing in the hotel lobby by the dog, stupid dad asked the hotel reception to please remove the dog, and the reply was "He good dog. He no bite."  Man, they were way off.

And considering the number of bodies lying around, NO ONE smelled that?

They showed at least 6 different bodies in various states of decay -- that alley should have reeked.

So, unless I missed it last week, French lady is actually in the secret service?  Who was she after in Africa, I wonder?  And it seems like her fiancee cheated on her sister, which is low on both of them.  Actually, when she and the sister first met, I honestly wondered if they were going to completely flip the script, and the French lady was actually a lesbian.  Either the actresses played that scene in a way that made it come off sexual, or I just have a dirty mind.  Probably both...

Nope, there was no mention last week that she was in the French Secret Service, she acted like she was just a tourist while she was in Africa.  And you weren't the only one getting a sapphic vibe from Chloe when that brunette showed up at her office -- until she explained that she was the sister that banged her fiancé that led to the cancellation of her marriage.  

Oh, and Mitch is saying that the cub has something in it's brain that it should have.  Sounds fun!

Do all lion cubs come complete with pre-installed electrodes implanted in their heads ?  And what was Mitch going to need to shave on the lion cub -- he made a point that he didn't have a razor, but they managed to get all the readings they needed anyway.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Cell phone using lions, Jack Russell assassins and cats that can herd themselves!  It truly is the animal apocalypse.  I laughed through the whole show especially when they showed the "vicious" golden retriever in the dog pack.  I couldn't wait to read the snark today.

Weirdly, my two cats sat and stared at me for about 15 minutes during the show.  Should I be worried?

• Love 6

Monakane, I think your cats were probably thinking, "this shit is wack; I mean we got a good life here, why would we revolt?  Who'd brush us and clean out our litter boxes?"

Wait, the lion used the cell phone?  Wouldn't it have been broken if he stepped on it?  And they wanted Abe to spread the word?  Did the lions tell him that too, or did they just text?

I'd love to ask Billy Burke, which show made less sense, Zoo or Revolution?

• Love 6

Excellent animal ideas. I have one question: Why does the lion in this show have one pupil larger than the other? Is it something he was born with? A special effect for the show? It just really looks weird.

• Love 1

Neither made any sense, but Zoo is sort of more watchable than Revolution, which most of it ended up being characters hiking around, shootouts, etc.  It became a repetitive mess, but Zoo could make it there as it's only 2 episodes so far.

• Love 1

Monakane, I think your cats were probably thinking, "this shit is wack; I mean we got a good life here, why would we revolt?  Who'd brush us and clean out our litter boxes?"

Wait, the lion used the cell phone?  Wouldn't it have been broken if he stepped on it?  And they wanted Abe to spread the word?  Did the lions tell him that too, or did they just text?

Everyone knows that lions can't text because they don't have thumbs.  Apes and monkeys can text and get the word out.

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't stand that reporter but, unfortunately, since she's one of the main characters, I won't witness the enjoyment of her getting pecked to death by chickens.  Too bad.  There are times when she seems to be wondering why the vet hasn't hit on her.  I really, really hope the show doesn't go there.  

Everyone knows that lions can't text because they don't have thumbs.

Who knows?  On this show, anything can happen.  Plus, I rarely text, but when I do, I tend to use my index finger.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2
(edited)

This show is my Under The Dome. Maybe it hasn't reached the level yet. I stopped watching Under The Dome after the first season but Zoo has all the makings of the next stuptasic series.

#teamanimal

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

I can't stand that reporter but, unfortunately, since she's one of the main characters, I won't witness the enjoyment of her getting pecked to death by chickens.  Too bad.

Ohwell, that scene would make the series for me.  Actually, watching anyone on the show pecked to death by chickens would be fun.  Not the most noble way to die.

• Love 3
(edited)

You guys? I love this show. I mean it's completely stupid, but it's entertaining the hell out of me and I love that the actors are playing it so straight. Well, except for BIlly Burke, who is just doing his Billy Burke thing. Oh, and the reporter is still annoying and I'm sure her stupid conspiracy theory will be proven right in the end . . . which will be even more annoying.

Before I forget, I want it to be know that the credits have an Evil Zebra and if I don't get to see one by season end I'm going to be pissed.

Anyway, I have a question.....so Jackson buys into his dad's crazypants theory about animals after watching a 30 second clip from a flash drive. Fine. Why wouldn't he, just out of curiosity, hop on the internet (since Botswana apparently has better wifi than I've ever had in my life) and see if there have been any other animal attacks in other places? Going from "Something is up with these lions" to "Animals are coming for us and these lions want us to spread their message" is a pretty big leap. I mean I know we know there are Malicious Cats who hide in trees and Slovenian Street Dogs who lure people to murder dens, but Jackson doesn't know that shit. I wonder what kind of homicidal animals await us in Tokyo?

The lion stepped on Abe's phone and called Jackson -- seriously ?  And it was intentional ?  Heck, I'm just incredibly impressed by the awesome cellphone coverage in the middle of nowhere.

What happened to the bodies of all the other dead tourists ?  Did the lions drag all of them away ?  Turns out they just took their time recovering them, wherever they were found.

Holy shit the call from Abe sent me into a fit of laughter. First they destroyed a radiator and now they are calling people. Amazing. I love how they just keep glossing over how they actually got Abe up the tree. Jackson's mom and her comparison to lionesses picking up their cubs by their scruffs was insane/amazing all the more so because the only way those damn lions are getting Abe up that tree is if they rigged up some kind of pulley system. Which . . . actually wouldn't surprise me at this point.

So, unless I missed it last week, French lady is actually in the secret service?  Who was she after in Africa, I wonder?  And it seems like her fiancee cheated on her sister, which is low on both of them.  Actually, when she and the sister first met, I honestly wondered if they were going to completely flip the script, and the French lady was actually a lesbian.  Either the actresses played that scene in a way that made it come off sexual, or I just have a dirty mind.  Probably both...

Hahahaha. I convinced a friend to watch the pilot and we watched ep 2 together and and we both went "Oh shit. she's gay?!" and then got confused when that turned out to be her sister. Speaking of Chloe, I got a hearty chuckle when she showed up at the police station/bus depot(?) with nice rolling luggage and heels.

"How are we going to keep him entertained for 2 days? He doesn't even speak English?!"

Uh.. 2 DAYS? Aren't you ADOPTING him? How were you planning to deal with him for the rest of your life?

Duuuuude. I was actively rooting for for any animal to kill those 2 shit heads. Seriously. They're adopting a child and were behaving like . . . it wasn't their idea in the first place. Also, they spoke like insane people. I'm all about Evil Eddie keeping tabs on Awful Adoptive Mom even though I desperately wanted the whole gang of Murderous Slovenian Dogs to be at the hotel door when she answered. 

Edited by hardy har
  • Love 5
Wow -- that's a stretch.  The lion's left Abe alive in the tree to spread their message that they are no longer afraid.  Come on.  Yet 22 tourists were killed off that truck and nobody acts like that's a big deal at all.  WTF ?  That's got to be bad for future business.

Seriously, everyone with a TV or internet connection has heard about Katherine Chappell, and she stopped just short of wearing jewelry made of Meow Mix. If a pride of lions killed off a whole busload of tourists in an unprovoked attack it would be on the news 24/7.

• Love 3
I mean I know we know there are Malicious Cats who hide in trees and Slovenian Street Dogs who lure people to murder dens, but Jackson doesn't know that shit. I wonder what kind of homicidal animals await us in Tokyo?

I think the Slovenian Street Dogs should form a rap group.

• Love 7

Before I forget, I want it to be know that the credits have an Evil Zebra and if I don't get to see one by season end I'm going to be pissed. 

I thought I was the only one who thought Evil Zebra was the most evil looking of them all!

I was actively rooting for for any animal to kill those 2 shit heads. Seriously. They're adopting a child and were behaving like . . . it wasn't their idea in the first place. 

To be fair, I got the strongest impression that Adoptive Mom wasn't really that keen on the idea, but that Oblivious Dad just kept steamrollering her into it.  And frankly, given what a nasty little turd the kid was, I can't say I blame her for her reservations.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think the Slovenian Street Dogs should form a rap group.

I like Malicious Cats for a band name.. (Malicious Kittens is pretty good too)

Or Evil Zebras.

So when do the flies, bees, frogs, grasshoppers and cockroaches start attacking?  Now THAT would be a CG challenge.

If they start showing a lot of cockroaches, I'm out. That's already stuff of nightmares for me after growing up in the hot humid deep south! I can't stay on Team Animal if roaches join the team.

Cats already think they are in charge... there's no need for them to revolt. Revolt against who?

Cell phone using lions, Jack Russell assassins and cats that can herd themselves!

And the last one is the most unbelievable! haha.

I do love this show... it's like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Hopefully it can keep up the hilarity longer than that movie, which lost it's charm after about 15 minutes.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 2

If they start showing a lot of cockroaches, I'm out. That's already stuff of nightmares for me after growing up in the hot humid deep south! I can't stay on Team Animal if roaches join the team.

I'm with you on that Slothgirl.  Anything but roaches.  They have been conspiring against us since we first stepped out of the ocean.

• Love 2

I'm with you on that Slothgirl.  Anything but roaches.  They have been conspiring against us since we first stepped out of the ocean.

Besides.. they already attack fearlessly and scare the crap out of us... nothing new to see there.. move along.

The premise of the show is that animals we LIKE are turning on us. ;)

• Love 2
(edited)

I just love the cats being all "Oh, shit!  We've been made!  Abort!  Abort!", and then run back to their houses, and pretend like everything is normal again.  But I'm really hoping they hold a grudge.  

AS I'm sure we all remember, there are many perfectly nice cats in the world. But every barrel has its bad apples, and it is well to heed the old adage, "Beware the bad cat bearing a grudge."

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 2

This show is my Under The Dome. Maybe it hasn't reached the level yet. I stopped watching Under The Dome after the first season but Zoo has all the makings of the next stuptasic series.

#teamanimal

Agreed, I'm almost done with Under the Dome and there seems to be no end in sight either.

This show would so work for me if it turned out that Billy Burke's character was behind all of this.  He would be this "James Bond" type villain whose goal is to take over the world.  He's figured out a way to communicate with animals and want them to attack all humans, putting him in the position to be king of the world.  

• Love 3

I love this show. It's better than Sharknado.

if the lion did dial the phone on purpose, then I'm prepared for anything.

It must have been a real pain to pick that guy's name out of the contact list with those big lion claws.

• Love 5

To be fair, I got the strongest impression that Adoptive Mom wasn't really that keen on the idea, but that Oblivious Dad just kept steamrollering her into it.  And frankly, given what a nasty little turd the kid was, I can't say I blame her for her reservations.

I know. I was hoping it would be the annoying, bratty kid to follow the dog (kind of like in The Missing).  Too bad it was the thoughtful dad.  Although we don't know for sure that he's dead.  Maybe the dogs were just sending a "message" too.  I love Enterprising Eddie.

• Love 1
(edited)

Seriously, everyone with a TV or internet connection has heard about Katherine Chappell

I have chime in here to say I have both, and I watch the news almost every night, and yet I still had to look her up--because I honestly don't remember hearing about this happening at all. However, I do agree that the slaughter of 22 tourists would certainly be splashed all over the news. I'm guessing logic will not be this show's strong suit, though.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 3

I told my cat durng this "you go Zoo on me and no more head rubs, food or fresh water". She refused to meet my gaze but made sure she snuggled up against me when I was in bed and purred. I'm safe.

Please let the reporter get eaten by squirrels.

Hypergamma waves? So what- they Hulk out?

• Love 1
Cats already think they are in charge... there's no need for them to revolt. Revolt against who?

There's no "think" about it.  Cats are in charge; they're just too clever to allow us to catch onto the fact.

• Love 3

A murder of crows.

I think GOT got that covered already..

Dear show

I already love you to pieces for generating some of the funniest threads around. You're also bringing out the dark side in me - I was expecting that the toy tiger murderous Jack Russell brought back was soaked in blood, leaving a dark smear on dubiously evil kid's picture book. I'm also quite fond how you've managed to find so many actors capable of handling what must be some of the most ridiculous dialogue to grace the silver screen this summer ('Can we borrow a lion?').

And for all this reasons I'm willing to buy lions handling cell phones, conspiring cats and street-ganging dogs however I draw the line at two French people randomly switching from talking French to talking English - that s*it does not happen!!!

• Love 9
(edited)

This show is just a lot of dumb fun.  Perfect for summertime

Why did everyone seem so surprised that the lions took Abe back to the tree?  I might be totally off base, but I would swear that I've seen nature shows in the past that indicate it is perfectly normal for lions to take the carcasses of their prey up in trees after it is killed.

I  think the objection is that there's no way a lion could do that without causing irreparable injury. Remember that a tiger nearly killed Roy Horn just dragging him offstage a few feet, and Horn weighed a lot less that that guy, as well as the tiger being a lot bigger than a lion.

Other than that, I don't know that lions do this, although leopards do (since they are solitary cats). I thought by the time the whole pride has eaten, any lion-kills are pretty picked over and are just carrion-eater food. (vultures, hyenas, etc)

I agree that the show is delightfully dumb.

Wayward Pines take note.. if you are going to be totally illogical and absurd, this is the way to do it!

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 2

I want killer birds. the Birds! The Birds! and I want to be able to use the term "murder most fowl."

I want squirrels to be the only animal on the side of man.  At a minimum we get the doggy double take Squirrel! while the people get away.

I did find it sort of amusing that the dog set up the adoptive Dad to be eaten because of the slight of depriving him of being petted by a kid because he didn't trust that he wasn't a good dog that wouldn't bite.  The people that put their dogs in stupid outfits better watch out.

• Love 4

Seriously, everyone with a TV or internet connection has heard about Katherine Chappell, and she stopped just short of wearing jewelry made of Meow Mix. If a pride of lions killed off a whole busload of tourists in an unprovoked attack it would be on the news 24/7.

I hadn't heard of Katherine Chappell and I have tv and an internet connection. I did hear about the guy in Texan who sacrificed himself to a crocodile in a display of utter stupidity or unbelievable bravado.

I'm curious if cats, lions and dogs worldwide are going to join in the fauna revolution or just the Cats in Bretwood, the dogs in Slovenia and the lions in Botswana.

If it's species worldwide telepathic communication the humans may be in trouble. There are an estimated 600 million cats, 500 million dogs and 30000 lions.

I'm Team Animal all the way. I'm just hoping the death toll rises above 30 so I can take this worldwide threat a little more seriously. So far it feels like one of those superhero movies where the world is in peril by the supervillain and yet no named characters die. Or like Buffy every other season finale.

I'm really hoping we get some action at that Day Camp soon to ramp up the tension. As far as how the cats know about it. I guess one of those house cats remember their child being missing every year at that time or was taken along to see them in a cat carrier.

I really want to see some coordinated animal attacks. So far all we've got is a referenced 22 deaths by lions and cut away scenes and random dead bodies.  It'd be good to see the animals actually being violent and or scary, other than loitering around in areas being slightly menacing..

• Love 1

I agree with Tara. The idea of dogs turning on us? Ludicrous. The ones with bad owners maybe, but your average run of the mill dog would maybe try and lick someone's face to death (vs. your average cat, who would indeed eat the face). Dogs have pack loyalty to us, they're kind of a favored class of animal who benefit from humans being in charge (unlike virtually every other animal), plus they can already read our faces and body language, unlike pretty much every other animal in the animal kingdom. They don't NEED a mutation to forward their cause. If it happened, they'd use it as an opportunity to insert themselves more in our lives, not replace us. Whereas the cats would stab us in the backs just... because. We're a convenience to them too, but cats are probably egotistical enough to assume they can replace us pretty easily.

• Love 2
(edited)

"He good dog. He no bite."  Man, they were way off.

To be fair, he didn't bite.

That was so odd!  They (well really, adoptive mom) made it sound like they would be rid of him in two more days. Did they think once the adoption was final in two days the kid would suddenly be able to speak English?  I was on the edge of my seat during the tiger show, expecting the trainer to be mauled and then we'd cut back to the kid who would be laughing hysterically!  I was hoping to see that.

You guys already hit the high notes - don't forget reporter gal's computer being hijacked while her landlord's creepy son was trying to trade rent for sex (well, dinner).  What was up with the computer?  Monkeys?  Orangutans?  Maybe bunnies?  The opening VO shows dead bunnies in a row, could be bunny revenge.

If lions can get lion-y and dial cell phones, why not?

My favorite part was in Jackson's father's video when he slaps the table and the otter,,,,,,,,,,,raises his paw.  Heeeeeeeee. I might have rewound that a couple of times.   "It's not scared, it knows all it needs to do is fight".  Or high-five.  This was all I could think of; it's about respect!

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

That's the thing -- it wasn't even "too stupid to live" dad's dog, the dog belonged to the hotel.  When Andress was playing in the hotel lobby by the dog, stupid dad asked the hotel reception to please remove the dog, and the reply was "He good dog. He no bite."  Man, they were way off

I did find it sort of amusing that the dog set up the adoptive Dad to be eaten because of the slight of depriving him of being petted by a kid because he didn't trust that he wasn't a good dog that wouldn't bite.  The people that put their dogs in stupid outfits better watch out.

Thanks for correcting my error in thinking the dad was the dog owner. I was a little sleepy when watching. So this show probably has more internal logic than most.
  • Love 1

Oh, I missed that connection.  That is funny, especially since the dog looks so adorable and innocent.

• Love 1

Oh, I missed that connection.  That is funny, especially since the dog looks so adorable and innocent.

Yeah.  It didn't occur to me until the dog came back after leading the Dad to his death to hang out with the kid and I was like 'that asshole."

And that is what is saving this show for me because its stupid and its badly acted but the animals are not just attacking people, they have a mutation that has allowed them the ability to realize they can take back the planet from humans and be dicks about it.  The kittens are going to attack elementary kids.  The lions stick you in a tree to terrorize and mock you.  They learn to kill you slowly instead of quickly.  The dog sets you up to be eaten because you don't pet them properly.  This ain't about taking back the earth.  Its payback.

What havoc will the squirrel rain down upon us for every contraption designed to keep them out of the bird feeder?  For the bungee feeder? 

Seriously, I'm expecting this to escalate until the animals are running around like Bond villains. 

• Love 1

I read the book this show is based on, and was looking forward to it, but maybe its been too long since I read it, but I dont remember it being so...whats the word Im looking for...stupid? Like just about everyone else here, I am totally bugged by the reporter, and Dr Dour is just too Billy Burk-y, would it kill you to smile? I think that I am going to have to side with my Golden Retrievers on this one. #teamanimal

• Love 2