Type keyword(s) to search

What Will Happen? It Will Be UnREAL!

I think it's kind of funny that there's speculation about who will "win" Everlasting. Unreal is about the fakery behind the scenes, but that doesn't seem to matter much because now we're still wondering who will the producers pick, who will Adam pick or who will pull some upset to win the show.

I kind of wonder if the makers of Unreal thought this would happen. Some contestants seem like they're being eliminated off-screen. Either their "rose ceremonies" were never recorded or the producers wanted to tell more of Rachel's story.

• Love 1

I don't know if they planned it but they did set up scenarios where the characters have goals that might or might not be served with a win.

Adam's is the most obvious.  He is in this to rehab his image and after so many scandals that have already come out about him from sexting his ex to the sex tape, ending up with someone the audience roots for could help his image quite a bit*.   He probably has to stay with her or keep up the deception until the next season of UnREAL  starts.  Isn't that usually when the bachelors/bachelorettes officially break up with the person they're with?

We also have the contestant who is a hair dresser willing to do "stereotype" to create buzz for her career.  Faith seems to realize falling in love with Adam isn't her escape but being on the show gives her some breathing room. There may be others for whom winning doesn't have to mean happily ever after in love.

I'm invested because if Adam is going to be around next season, it stands to reason that a fiancee will be around as well.  And I want it to be someone I'd like to watch. 

I would love this show if they then had Adam go on a "Dancing With The Stars" type of show after he wins. 

I'm wondering if after Wife Adam hasn't been demoralized enough to stop caring about the image rehab aspect.  The legit investors he really wanted straight up told him that no one will be interested in working with him without his father involved, but that they'd work with him immediately even without the image rehab if the family business came with it.  I'm wondering if it's Adam's lack of professional reputation independent of his family name that's really holding him back, and up until that moment he was just too blind to see it.  At this point, it seems like the best thing he can do for his career is to do a really great job managing the new Everlasting Resort and Spa, and hope that that professional success will attract investors in future ventures.

• Love 3

I think it's kind of funny that there's speculation about who will "win" Everlasting. Unreal is about the fakery behind the scenes, but that doesn't seem to matter much because now we're still wondering who will the producers pick, who will Adam pick or who will pull some upset to win the show.

I kind of wonder if the makers of Unreal thought this would happen. Some contestants seem like they're being eliminated off-screen. Either their "rose ceremonies" were never recorded or the producers wanted to tell more of Rachel's story.

I remember seeing an interview with one of the people behind UnReal, I think it was Sarah Shapiro, where she said that Lifetime had actually been giving them notes on what they thought should happen on Everlasting and they were like, "You know that's the fake show, right?"

xqueenfrostine, that's a good point about Adam possibly being demoralized. But, he's still the face of his venture and we know he has been thinking about the "drumming up business" potential of the show because he negotiated an episode at his winery. If people hate him for sleeping with a nice Christian virgin and then not picking her, then they're not going to go to his resort. But there's only two ways I can see Adam getting out of this mess with positive buzz retained: The first is that Faith agrees to come out on the show and then he gives her a hug and is supportive and sends her home to be with her girlfriend. But everyone pretty much agreed that Faith's coming out needs to be managed a lot more carefully than that for her protection and Amy's, so I don't see that happening. The second way is by picking Rachel even though she's not a contestant, because then he can highlight what a farce the show is and talk about how he had to follow his heart. Some people would still hate him, but Faith could be counted on to give a lovely speech about loving who you love and telling Adam to follow his heart, so I think on the whole people would be okay with Adam then.

I wonder if the next season of UnReal is going to be one of the women Adam didn't pick as the Bachelorette (I forget what they call him/her on Everlasting), same as the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise does. But which of the women would it be, since it seems like none of the actresses playing contestants are regulars? Ashley Scott (whose name I kept missing in the credits and so I only just realized this week why Mary looks familiar to me) is maybe the best known actress in that group, but Chet and Quinn wouldn't pick the oldest woman in the group. Rachel has edited Anna to look like the bitch of the cast, so it can't be her. Faith would be the show's number one choice if Adam doesn't pick her, but I cannot see her signing on for an entire season of pretending to pick between a dozen men. We haven't really learned anything about the others.

Or maybe Rachel's going to start her own show, and we'll follow that. Maybe we'll go show-within-a-show-within-a-show and it'll be a thinly-veiled version of Sarah Shapiro's experience in making the first season of UnReal!

In the other thread, I mentioned that Faith would need to be eliminated before Final 2. Any higher and she becomes too famous to be in the closet for any length of time. Then she can clean it up in the exit interview and say they only made out and she felt them growing apart so he doesn't look bad, either.

Well Faith seems to be only interested in Amy right now.  It's not like she has gotten involved with a lot of women nor does she seem to be the type who'd immediately seek out women if things don't work out with Amy.  So I can't see how she'd be outed unless Amy, Jeremy, Adam or Rachel did the outing. 

Granted, I don't follow the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows but just how long do past bachelors/bachelorettes and the "winners" stay famous?  I don't think it's very long even if they want to be.  For someone who doesn't want to be famous, as soon as she disappears from Adam's life, she'd likely disappear from the public eye.

Eventually, when she gets involved in an official relationship, her sexuality might leak to the tabloids but when it does, it'd likely not be much more than a footnote.

Faith and Amy are obvious, really obvious. Rachel was on to them as soon as Faith introduced the woman she'd run to and given a super-long hug first over her own grandmother as her "best friend." (Initially I had figured Amy must be her sister because of Faith going to her first and practically ignoring her grandmother.) They are in the closet only in the sense that the town knows but chooses to ignore it in the hope that they won't actually act on their feelings, because both of them grew up there and are part of the town. Outsiders like Rachel, however, twig immediately, and the tabloids aren't going to afford Faith the same luxury of looking the other direction. If she were to be Adam's pick and they got faux-engaged but she spent all her time in her hometown with her "best friend," there'd already be rumors, and pictures of her and Amy together, and then when she and Adam announced their engagement was over the tabloids would take that as confirmation and print plenty of embarrassing headlines about Faith dumping her fiance for her best friend. I don't pay a lot of attention to the Bachelor couples, but I see enough tabloid mentions of their alleged/real infidelities during their engagements to know the tabloids do keep an eye on them looking for scandal. Plus Adam, unlike the Bachelors, seems to have been a celebrity even before coming on Everlasting, making the covers of the tabloids, so this isn't a 15-minutes-of-fame deal with him - he's always going to have media coverage.

The other option, of course, is that Faith does really play the role of the fiance by constantly being with Adam in his town and out in public, and she never sees Amy, but that obviously has its own problems since it would place a lot of stress on her and Amy's relationship until the faux engagement was ended. And because Adam is Adam, it'll still make news when she does come out (or her sexuality is leaked by someone looking to make a quick buck by selling the story - various people who work on Everlasting, or someone in the hometown) and the tabloids will be happy to say that she dumped her fiance for a woman. I don't think Faith or Amy would be comfortable with that kind of scandal.

I agree with ketose that an elimination prior to F2 would be the best scenario for Faith so that she and Amy can deal with this on their own timetable and not become fodder for the tabloids.

In season two I expect to see Adam maintaining a fake relationship with F1 to help boost interest in his winery. 

I think Faith is a shoo in for this role. Adam is not interested in any of them and has shown he cares for Faith and her situation.  They will be business partners of a sort with no sex involved.  Perfect.   It will appease her grandmother and keep her in the closet.  She had a brush with coming out and it scared her and she has a reluctant girlfriend.  So she goes for it.  This will bring Amy out of the closet and ready to fully love Faith.  There is room for all kinds of drama, like the press catching her with Amy. 

Since Adam will be in Napa the flirtation with Rachael will continue.  And, of course, there is Jeremy.  He will come around and viewers will be torn between the 2 men for Rachel.  Jeremy will show his loving, softer side. 

In the other thread, I mentioned that Faith would need to be eliminated before Final 2. Any higher and she becomes too famous to be in the closet for any length of time. Then she can clean it up in the exit interview and say they only made out and she felt them growing apart so he doesn't look bad, either.

I've been trying to figure out best outcome for both Adam and Faith, and wondered what the public relations fallout would be if Faith eliminated herself at the 3-4 girl level.  If Adam didn't cut her, he doesn't look bad.  If Faith eliminates herself before she's one of the last two girls--she could say that she's not ready to move from her home town, or that her grandmother's health took a down-turn and she's taking care of Grandma, for example--would that, combined with an exit interview along the lines of your suggestion, be enough to give both of them a reasonably good outcome?

• Love 1

I've been trying to figure out best outcome for both Adam and Faith, and wondered what the public relations fallout would be if Faith eliminated herself at the 3-4 girl level.  If Adam didn't cut her, he doesn't look bad.  If Faith eliminates herself before she's one of the last two girls--she could say that she's not ready to move from her home town, or that her grandmother's health took a down-turn and she's taking care of Grandma, for example--would that, combined with an exit interview along the lines of your suggestion, be enough to give both of them a reasonably good outcome?

I don't think this show is about best outcomes or things being tied up in neat packages!   I anticipate it to maintain the level of shock and chaos we have come to know and love.  :>)

• Love 1

xqueenfrostine, that's a good point about Adam possibly being demoralized. But, he's still the face of his venture and we know he has been thinking about the "drumming up business" potential of the show because he negotiated an episode at his winery. If people hate him for sleeping with a nice Christian virgin and then not picking her, then they're not going to go to his resort. 

I actually don't think it's likely that this will be as much of a factor if he's forced (like it seems he will be) to use the Everlasting brand name for his vineyard rather than something of his own creation.  The success and failure of the vineyard as a business venture will be more tied to public opinion of Everlasting than it will be to Adam.  I mean, it's not like the vineyard is any condition to receive guests in the near future, and it seems like having it ready in a year might even be too soon.  By the time it's ready to open, Everlasting could have gone through several suitors and the memory of Adam's hijinks in relation to the show may fade a bit.

As for publicity for Faith, I think that's a short term concern.  The seasons of shows like this come so frequently, that individual contestants are old news by the next season unless they purposefully try to parlay their run on the show into a career.  If I were Rachel, I'd see about getting money to send Faith and her grandma on some kind of long vacation to keep her unavailable press wise until it's time for the next season of Everlasting to start.  I actually went to high school with one of the Bachelorette finalists from Jen Schlefft's season, and he lasted much longer as a "local celebrity" than he did as a figure of national curiosity.  Celebrity is fickle and reality stars are a dime a dozen.  The ones that stay in the media limelight for longer than 6 months or so are there because they want to be.

• Love 1

Good points. I still think it would just be simpler to make sure Faith is eliminated before F2, rather than try to convince her to take her Gran on a long vacation. She likes her hometown, she might be worried about the effect on Gran's health of a long journey, and there's also Amy to consider since I doubt she can take a months-long vacation from her Sunday school teacher job or that the women will want to be separated from each other for that long. Mari's suggestion of Faith just eliminating herself because reasons works well.

The best possible  outcome I can think of is Adam and Faith getting engaged, if not actually married.  After a sufficient amount of time, Adam announces he's calling off the engagement because Faith has become his best friend, he cares for her very deeply, and the only thing he wants is for her to be happy and he's not the person who can do that.  Faith comes out, stressing that while she cares for Adam very deeply, he's her closest friend, it was unfair to him to try to force something that just couldn't be.  That her coming out was a decision they reached together and she has Adam's full support. 

It wouldn't change anything about her hometown or Gran, but I think it could make things easier with the rest of the world.  She wasn't leading him on or lying to him; it was something she struggled with and being on the show, and her friendship with Adam, helped her come to terms with herself.  Faith gets a lot of support and Adam seriously improves his image.  

Of course, if Faith decides not to come out, they announce they are taking a break because Faith wants to spend more time with Gran because of her health.  Adam visits and offers support, but the distance is insurmountable and the relationship fades away. Doesn't really help Adam's image, but shouldn't hurt it either. Faith fades out of the spotlight as well.  Amy moves in with Faith and Gran to help out and never leaves.  Everyone knows what's going on, but since it's never spoken out loud, it's left alone. There'll be some occasional comments about what a shame it is Faith and/or Amy never married, but, eh, people are people.

• Love 1

Jeremy is going to end his relationship with Lizzie. And Rachel is going to hook up with Adam.

I think Rachel would jump at the chance to reunite with Jeremy, so she might keep any involvement with Adam a secret if Jeremy told her he had ended his engagement to be with her.

I expect that Jeremy's romantic drama will end badly for everyone, and that Rachel (and probably Adam) will come out of all this as the bad guy.