Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Redux

Do we know who killed Andrea?  I remember very little about the end of last season.

When Barbie and whoever else managed to get out and then into the dome last season, they really should have brought food or something. I'm also surprised they seem to be running so low again.  Didn't Andrea have enough supplies for "weeks"?

Big Jim killed her.

While she did have weeks worth of supplies, they burned through it all at the SweetBriar Rose in a couple of days eating like kings.

It is one of the most ridiculous shows and this episode was perfectly absurd.

If I had to admit why I still watch it it is because of reading comments from people who read the book spoiling it for me.

However, the thing about watching this show is that I forget almost every previous episode except for bits and pieces but I can watch a new episode and know what is going on. That lasts up until the point I realize that I have no idea what's going on in the show.

Every time they do the opening and they say "three weeks ago", I lose it. I just laugh.

Then to say that on top of that, they were in suspended animation believing they lived a year of their lives? Wow.

Part of why I didn't watch "Lost" is because it seemed like they were so desperate to tell a story that they threw everything into the pot and mixed it up, realized another season was coming up and tossed in even more stuff.

For Big Jim to just decide, well, the house got burned down (and we're all Under the Dome) I'm going to get as far away from that source of smoke as possible (Under the Dome) and go to an island to be alone (Under the Dome). Oh, hey, here's a dog who has claimed me as his master (Under the Dome).

Then there's Junior. He's lamenting losing a fantasy life? His ex-girlfriend who he was stalking on died and he has gone from mourning her AND mourning his back from the dead mom who never died until she died (Under the Dome). And, Junior is mourning not being Che Guevera and riding his motorcycle across Eurasia?

Somehow all of those people forgot about the entrance/exit in the lake? You would think one of those big brains would try to go back to the outside world through the exit.

When Barbie went back to being (Under the Dome) I knew this show would never figure out how to end. So far, yeah. Nothing that happens on the show means anything. As far as we know they are all in the egg now.

It's the stupidest show I've ever watched and I can't stop watching. I feel smarter and saner through the rest of the week.

I'm sad that we never learned why Drownsie is always wearing nightgowns.

Yeah. Why didn't any of the other characters ask her about that either? She wore normal clothes while she tried to act normal, right? But, once she went all loop-de-loo, back to the nightgown.

• Love 1

Sam--the medic brother of the painter/mom of Junior.

He specifically spoke to that group by saying that when he "was in prison" as if he expected all assembled to go, oh, yeah! You were in prison for a year...which coincided when you were re-introduced to the town less than "3 weeks ago."

Everyone had to get into the tunnels because the Dome was contracting and was going to crush everything -- except, based on the ditch around the circumference of the Dome, it only contracted about 30-40 feet.  Which means everyone's house should still be intact except for those houses right next to the Dome -- which wouldn't be all that many.  It's too confusing.  But basically the whole Dome contracting was just complete and utter bullshit just to get them all in the tunnel.

Sigh. They sure are asking us to assume a lot.  On top of not seeing any such damage, it always seemed most of the dome landed in pastures, forests and other uninhabited areas. Very little of it was ever shown to be near houses. 

Sigh. They sure are asking us to assume a lot.  On top of not seeing any such damage, it always seemed most of the dome landed in pastures, forests and other uninhabited areas. Very little of it was ever shown to be near houses.

There was that one house that was cut in half by the Dome in one section of town, seen in the S1 premiere, and Julia's house was kind of close to the Dome edge so it might have been affected.  Emphasis on the word 'might'.

He specifically spoke to that group by saying that when he "was in prison" as if he expected all assembled to go, oh, yeah! You were in prison for a year...which coincided when you were re-introduced to the town less than "3 weeks ago."

Technically, he was only "in prison" in the Drownsie VR for killing Angie -- so he never actually spent any time in prison.  For the first two weeks of UtD showtime, Sam was drunk out of his mind in his cabin amidst a stack of empty liquor bottles yet never went through withdrawal of any kind.

Anyone remember when Drownsie touched the egg a couple of times and the pink stars zoomed out of the egg and formed the obelisk located in beautiful downtown Zenith ?  I'm pretty sure the writers have forgotten about that too, because that obelisk really didn't have anything to do with anything.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, that is why it was bizarre.

He was shown as the character who was in this position of authority, knowing what he was talking about, when in fact, he was a boozing, conniving murderer.

I know that in a way, Big Jim did the exposition on that. BJ (ha!) said that everyone changed. But, for everyone to believe they changed is just silly. It makes sense for BJ and Julia to be completely grounded in reality (and for that dog, too) but the show makes it seem goofy that all of the main characters believe the VR was real.

Now, as I wrote that I began to consider that it all makes sense: mass delirium where somehow detailed, life experiences are known to all who were in the cocoons. But, that Queen Butterfly Bee Lady (Christina?)...when she an Ava/Eva weren't busy posing to show us their fit bodies, she seemed aware of what was going on. So, Christina and Drownsie knew what was going on Eva/Ava sort of knew what was going on but was deluded and willing to believe the VR.

Nuts

The problem is the show doesn't convince me that this is even happening.

We're the ones who are Under the Dome, people! It is us!

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
  • Love 4

Sam--the medic brother of the painter/mom of Junior.

Like that matters since he and Jim are walking around free after all they did.  XD.

• Love 1

Big Jim killed her.

While she did have weeks worth of supplies, they burned through it all at the SweetBriar Rose in a couple of days eating like kings.

Ah, yes, I forgot about their wonderful planning skills.

• Love 3

When Barbie touched the Dome and the camera dramatically pulled back to show the trench it dug, the other side of said trench was all verdant and foresty.  Didn't they nuke the outside of the dome back to the stone age less than three weeks ago, leaving those inside looking out at a wasteland of dirt and rubble?  Did they follow up with tactical drone strikes of Miracle-Gro?

• Love 7
Didn't they nuke the outside of the dome back to the stone age less than three weeks ago, leaving those inside looking out at a wasteland of dirt and rubble?

That strike only impacted one section of the Dome, it didn't affect the entire Dome -- if it had been a tactical nuke, then yeah there shouldn't be anything growing anywhere around the Dome

Did they follow up with tactical drone strikes of Miracle-Gro?

Of all the other shenanigans that have happened on this show, this isn't outside the realm of possibilities.  

• Love 1
(edited)

So Julia was going to be the new Monarch, but Christine is the one that was in the 'Queen' cocoon?   Julia was the dome's savior, but now Melanie is attempting to kill her at Christine's direction?   Meanwhile, the only person that was in the cocoon and didn't believe the nonsense was killed - Ben?  Is the egg bi-polar or schitzo? what was the whole purpose of the 4 hands if Christine and Eva were already in the dome and were the queen and her subject?  

It is like Lost, someone had to change direction in the middle and they don't care about continuity.  And, just like lost, they ruined the whole thing.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5
(edited)

what was the whole purpose of the 4 hands if Christine and Eva were already in the dome and were the queen and her subject?

Pointless and a waste of time just like the previous 4 Hands last season and that got dropped as well.  Melanie suddenly became evil and got killed off despite how 'special' she was supposed to be.

Edited by Free

Also (as I mentioned in my latest post -- guys, you should check those out!), a bunch of it ended up in a food bank that got blown up last season.

(edited)

Last night as I was trying to go to sleep I was thinking about UTD and the season's new star. What motivated this actor to accept the part on UTD? Money? Did CBS back a Brink's truck up to the actor's house? Is it exposure? UTD isn't a very good show. You'd think there would have been better offers on the table. Was it the chance to work with fellow actors like Dean Norris?

I'm referring, of course, to Dog. Why did Dog agree to appear on UTD? Don't get me wrong. I'm very glad, because I love Dog. Such a nuanced performance.

Edited by zibnchy
  • Love 5
(edited)

So Julia was going to be the new Monarch, but Christine is the one that was in the 'Queen' cocoon?   Julia was the dome's savior, but now Melanie is attempting to kill her at Christine's direction?   Meanwhile, the only person that was in the cocoon and didn't believe the nonsense was killed - Ben?  Is the egg bi-polar or schitzo? what was the whole purpose of the 4 hands if Christine and Eva were already in the dome and were the queen and her subject?  

The problem is that we all think this show is supposed to be a serial - that the episodes are connected - that to understand what happens one week, you need to watch the week(s) before.  The producers, unfortunately, encourage this sort of thinking, with the way they start every episodes with "Three weeks ago..." and  showing viewers bits and pieces of past episodes.  

However, this show is, apparently, not a serial - each episodes stands alone. So, whatever details happened in the past may or may not have any bearing on what happens in the current episode.  

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 5

The problem is that we all think this show is supposed to be a serial - that the episodes are connected - that to understand what happens one week, you need to watch the week(s) before.  The producers, unfortunately, encourage this sort of thinking, with the way they start every episodes with "Three weeks ago..." and  showing viewers bits and pieces of past episodes.  

However, this show is, apparently, not a serial - each episodes stands alone. So, whatever details happened in the past may or may not have any bearing on what happens in the current episode.  

The same is also true within an episode itself.  We had an episode where the town did a complete 180 in an episode about how they felt about Big Jim, they went from hating him, to supporting him within 1 episode last season.

• Love 2

Also (as I mentioned in my latest post -- guys, you should check those out!), a bunch of it ended up in a food bank that got blown up last season.

I thought the stuff that got blown up at the food bank was what everyone brought from their houses to be a communal supply.  Then after that they had the crisis of no food and that was when they found Andrea's supply.  That's not what happened?

They're all idiots either way.

I posted this over on IMDB too...because the sloppy writing just bugs the heck out of me:

Last season in the Family Visits the Dome episode Ben Drake revealed he had no one to meet at the dome as his family was with him under the dome.

So now he's dead...and even if his family was aware of it in the alternate reality when he died at the memorial...once back in reality we should have seen distraught parents looking for his body...nothing. If they didn't want to hire actors for the Drakes then at least Joe could have been searching...still no. They didn't even have Joe mention him!

All be get was Barbie stumbling on him by accident and while he took time to bury his family for all we know he has left Ben lying there in the tunnels.

It's like the writers aren't even trying as this is just sloppy as hell.

• Love 2

It seems like in the alternate reality we didn't see any family of people that died in the dome.  Joe and Angie's parents should have been there, along with the guy who was engaged to the female cop in season 1.  I assume Ben had parents too.

Lord, I don't know. I forget the sequence of events!

How? It's only been three weeks!

I kind of admire the fact that the writing staff has the balls to stick with that as the show's timeline. Fight Club, the epic love tale that is Barbie and Julia, the fall and rise and fall of Big Jim, the adventures of the Scooby gang, whatever the hell it was that we just watched in the last couple of episodes. . .

All of that happened in three weeks?

• Love 3

Fight Club, the epic love tale that is Barbie and Julia, the fall and rise and fall of Big Jim, the adventures of the Scooby gang, whatever the hell it was that we just watched in the last couple of episodes. . .

Hey, now!  The first rule about fight club is do not talk about fight club.  That goes double in this case.  Seriously, of all the things this show did, the entire fight club arc was the worst.  At least no character has been as awful as Natalie Zea's character was (again, I lay no blame to her.  The entire thing was just so ridiculous.)

• Love 1

At least no character has been as awful as Natalie Zea's character was (again, I lay no blame to her.  The entire thing was just so ridiculous.)

I had totally forgotten she was anywhere this ridiculous thing.

I think this is basically just put together by someone who has a shit-load of those refrigerator magnets that were big a few years back, and they just pull words out and put them on the fridge. And that's the script.

*egg* *red* *hair* *dome* *the* *bald* *gun* *diner* *radio* etc etc etc and so on.

• Love 7

At least no character has been as awful as Natalie Zea's character was (again, I lay no blame to her.  The entire thing was just so ridiculous.)

That was the moment when it went from a bad show to a horrible trainwreck.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think this is basically just put together by someone who has a shit-load of those refrigerator magnets that were big a few years back, and they just pull words out and put them on the fridge. And that's the script.

*egg* *red* *hair* *dome* *the* *bald* *gun* *diner* *radio* etc etc etc and so on.

Or, maybe, the world has finally found out what would happen if you gave one hundred monkeys one hundred typewriters (or, more likely, laptops)

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 2
(edited)

Okay so they're all pod people now except Norrie, who's just a cheating bitch.  Why is Big Jim the only person I'm rooting for on this show now?  No, scratch that.  Why is the dog the only one I'm rooting for on this show now?

Or, maybe, the world has finally found out what would happen if you gave one hundred monkeys one hundred typewriters (or, more likely, laptops)

And it sure ain't Shakespeare.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3

Okay so they're all pod people now except Norrie, who's just a cheating bitch.  Why is Big Jim the only person I'm rooting for on this show now?  No, scratch that.  Why is the dog the only one I'm rooting for on this show now?

And it sure ain't Shakespeare.

Because everyone else is completely brain dead.  When Big Jim is the only one not buying this nonsense, then that's pretty sad.

This forum is so much more entertaining than the actual show.  I am old, so when Marj/Christine talked about the Lifeforce, it reminded me of this ridiculous movie about vampires from space that came out when I was in high school, called, you guessed it, Lifeforce.  I think they should inject some elements of that movie into this show. It would make it more fun to watch.  This show could be so entertaining if they stop trying to be a serious show and embrace their campy over the top ridiculousness.  

• Love 3

Christine Price holds the piece of broken egg against the blade of the knife she used to kill Drownsie -- and by doing that triggered a response mechanism in all the townsfolk that were in the cocoons to look up and stare at the moon.  According to Christine, "the lifeforce has taken root" and now they are under her control, kind of.  What the hell does any of that have to do with the moon ?

The townspeople become moonies.

And to make things even more confusing, was that the actual moon they were all staring at -- or picture of the moon the Dome was projecting on its interior wall ?

Maybe next week the dome will do shadow puppets while the townies hold hands and watch.

• Love 5

It's the stupidest show I've ever watched and I can't stop watching. I feel smarter and saner through the rest of the week.

For some reason I've been off TV this summer, passing up a lot of stuff thinking "eh, I'll wait until it's on Netflix" or stockpiling episodes but never getting around to them and so on. So what show do I end up watching? This one. I have no idea why. It's not even fun to hate. But I tell myself I'm quitting and then I see glimpses of promos full of people doing and saying things that make Sharknado look like Shakespeare, and I'm sucked right back in again.

I am liking this show. So for my enjoyment and peace of mind, I think I'll just unfollow this forum.

I have sometimes wished that there were separate love/hate forums for shows.

And to make things even more confusing, was that the actual moon they were all staring at -- or picture of the moon the Dome was projecting on its interior wall ?

Here's what I wonder: am I in a part of the country where the moon appears waaaay smaller than it does for everyone else, or is that moon unrealistically gigantic?

• Love 1
Here's what I wonder: am I in a part of the country where the moon appears waaaay smaller than it does for everyone else, or is that moon unrealistically gigantic?

It was unrealistically gigantic -- for simple comparison, the moon is about the size of a quarter held at arm's length.  Which isn't very big.

(edited)

I really wasn't motivated to watch this episode, so I'm behind.

The previouslies only have to say one thing... "Yes, we're still under the Dome".

These triangles are killing me.  So we have Norrie sleeping facing Joe to have a convo.  Then, she turns over and looks at Hunter.  Subtle as hell as always.

Christine is not a fun villain to watch.  "When we touched the egg, we gained complete understanding of the Dome's agenda - to survive and propagate."  Is she using the royal "we"?  I don't remember Ava touching the egg.  "Go find the one thing that could expose us."  If you're going to reveal that, why speak in "code" at all?

Poor "Roger", the guy who spoke up at the town meeting, and that woman Abby at the support group.  This season's cannon fodder, along with the Two Evil Ones?

There is zero direction or momentum here.  No one in town suspects a thing except Jim, who has proof, but rows off to an island by himself. 

And the episode ends with the citizens of Chester Mills like a bunch of mindless zombies.  So what else is new?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

There is zero direction or momentum here.  No one in town suspects a thing except Jim, who has proof, but rows off to an island by himself.

Exactly my problem with this season and it's already a pretty low bar to begin with.

I'm very behind on UTD and only got to watching this today.  My favorite part?  When Big Jim saw smoke & walked over to his completely engulfed in flames house.  Wouldn't he have smelled smoke?  Felt the heat?  Or did the house just go up in ginormous flames 5 seconds after Junior lit the match?