Type keyword(s) to search

The Death Pool: We All Gotta Go Sometime

Based on the promo and the two released sneak peeks, tonight's is going to be an Audrey-heavy episode. SHE HAD BETTER NOT DIE, show. She's the one character I actually do care about!

Post-watch edit: No one died again, but that's okay -- Will being stabbed and grabbed makes up for that.

I think the people who will survive Season 1:

-Emma (though I'd truly love the show if they killed her off)

-Audrey (unless she's the killer and I can see that)

-Noah (really, he's the best the show has to offer)

-Brooke (based on that I think this completes the core of the show, though I don't care for her)

Edited by Azgard12

HOW ARE THERE SO MANY CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW AND NONE OF THEM ARE DEAD YET?

Apologies for the caps, but seriously, it was necessary.

Seriously this is based off Scream I wanna see bloodshed. At least one death an episode

• Love 3

All I'm saying is that for season 2, there needs to be more deaths. Let's count all the present day deaths in season 1 (so spoilers for whoever hasn't caught up):

1. Tyler: His head was decapitated and then his body was used as a temporary cover to be the murderer. Head found in hospital, clearing him of being the killer.

2. Nina: stabbed and thrown in the pool to drown. She was a bitch, though, so who cares about her? I guess she was killed for being a bitch? It was never stated why she was killed, other than to torture Emma. 

3. Rachel: hanged and then positioned in her own room to make it look like a suicide. This death...actually didn't really connect to the real killer's motives. Like, at all. Her death might actually be looked into in season 2, because Piper killing her for Emma makes no sense, as Emma didn't even know Rachel. 

4. Riley: Stabbed and left to bleed out. I guess her death triggered the characters to really start looking into the killer's motives.

5. Will: Sliced in half partially due to Emma blindly running in to save him and not noticing the trip wire. Now this death is pretty much resolved.

6. Random Deputy: Killed so Seth Branson could escape and he had the clue to find Clark.

7. Sheriff Clark: Gutted and left to die tied to a tree. Used to torture Emma's mom, mostly..

8. One Episode Kid Grayson: neck sliced open, probably just used to scare everyone else away.

9. Piper: presumed dead, shot twice by Audrey and Emma. 

So, nine deaths in ten episodes (not counting the flashback deaths; but if you do count those deaths, six in total, three seen onscreen, bringing it to 15 deaths). I don't think I'm missing anyone, unless a random extra died somewhere in there. The point is that, for a slasher television series, there aren't many deaths. They could kill more town extras just to up the ante. Unless they're going to have a bigger, badder killer who is willing to do that. Maybe Piper wasn't into the senseless deaths, but that's also what made it boring. That, and the characters had little emotional reaction to any of these deaths. 

Here's what I think about the current characters in season 2 and their chances of surviving:

1. Emma: She'll be a survivor. She's the main character; it would be a surprising twist if she died. 

2. Emma's Mom: 50% survival rate. It could go either way for her mom. She could die by the season 2 finale to motivate Emma into going after whatever killer is in season 2

3. Noah: 75% survival rate. He has a good chance of surviving because he's a good sidekick and very useful, but look at what happened to Randy in Scream 2. 

4. Audrey: 70% survival rate. She could very well die, just because I do think she's expendable. Especially with that season 1 cliffhanger, she could go. But I'm leaning toward her surviving. 

5. Jake: 30% survival rate. I think, since I haven't heard positive things about his character in season 1, the show will be much more inclined to make him a victim.  He's in a stupid ass romance with Brooke, though, so it gives his chances a little higher. I think he could be a gruesome death

6. Brooke: 45-65% survival rate. She's the one I'm unsure of. I grew to like her, but I still don't mind if she turns up dead. She'll get a heroic death for sure, though. She's survived several times now, so she's a fighter. If/when she does go, I hope she goes down swinging. 

7. Kieran: 40% survival rate. I still think he could be the killer so I think he has less of a chance of surviving. Especially since he's STILL Emma's love interest. I give him slightly higher chances, though, because who the hell knows. 

8. Seth Branson: 5% survival rate. I think he'll be dead by the third episode. He's useless now. Brooke has her thing with Jake now. Seth shouldn't want to stay in town now that he's been framed for murder. He should be running for the hills, but if he stays, he's guaranteed to die.

I think, in order for this show to gain better ratings and reviews, there needs to be some more deaths. Jake and Brooke would be good choices to die, as they could provide the audience with some intense chases and then death scenes. Kieran could also be another fun death, especially if he ends up being suspicious. Unfortunately, I also think Audrey would be an ideal victim choice, as would Noah, but I don't want either of them to die. 

I am hoping that they up the ante with the variety (Will's death in season 1) and number of kills in season 2. I found that there was a strong link between the last two deaths in the Scream movies particularly with the last kills of the first and second movie. The last deaths of the first two movies coincided with the main character witnessing the deaths. Also, I found it interesting in the television adaptation of Scream, especially in the season 1 finale, where we witnessed Emma's mom losing the Sheriff. I predict that there will be a reflection of that in the season 2 finale, where I assume that Emma will witness Kieran's death at the hands of Ghostface.

I believe that a lot of the main characters and a few secondary characters (newcomers) will be killed in the coming season. I have a strong feeling that Emma, Brooke, Noah and Audrey will make it out alive. However, I think to keep things a little interesting, I was hoping for Brooke to be the wild card/surprise kill in the last few moments of the season 2 finale. I think that would be an exciting cliffhanger for season 3.

I speculate that there will be two Ghostfaces in season 2. I know that some people have theorised that Audrey might be one, but I don't think that to be the case. I believe that she might have planned Nina's death in season 1 with the help of Piper but I don't think she went through the plan. I believe that this caused a fallout between the two characters which I assume will be revealed in season 2.

I have a strong feeling that Piper and Jake teamed up to kill the later characters (Riley and Will) in season 1. I need to go back and see if there are hints to support my theory. Nonetheless, I believe that if Jake were to be revealed as the Ghostface 1, I suppose that he would team up with another accomplice, dubbed Ghostface 2. The only problem that I have with the above prediction is that we need a second Ghostface from the remaining cast to be revealed in the season 2 finale. I am thinking maybe, one of the newcomers (Eli Hudson or Gustavo Acosta).

Here is my list of predictions for season 2 deaths:

• Seth Branson (episode 1) - Ghostface 1
  • Secondary character 1 (classmate) and Quinn Maddox, Brooke's dad (episode 2) - Ghostface 1
  • Maggie, Emma's mom (episode 3) - Ghostface 2
  • Secondary character 2 (classmate) and Karen Lang (episode 4) - Ghostface 1
  • Secondary character 3 (police officer), Zoe Williams and Michael Acosta, new sheriff (episode 9) - Combination of Ghostface 1 and 2
  • Kieran and Ghostface 1/Jake (episode 10)

Then, to top it all, the ultimate surprise finale kill:

• Brooke (episode 10) - Ghostface 2, then another mystery cliffhanger for Scream season 3
Edited by Elainasha

New Season, New Death Pool.

Season 2 Episode 1: Jake

Like I said in the episode thread, considering how he was in the early episodes, I really was not not expecting to be as upset by his death as I ended up being.

Zoe has 2 strikes: she was a VERY minor character last season and she's a WOC, who tend not to have a high survival rate.

I doubt the Marrie Pranksters will last the season.