Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I kind of wish it had been Vicki who did it...

Yeah, but Viki got to kill her father. (No, I do not accept his 2003 "return." As far as I'm concerned that was all a scam on Mitch's part to a) get his hands on Lord money, and b) fuck with everybody.)

My UO: I wanted Brody to be the father of BOTH Liam Asa and Ryder Asa.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

My UO: I wanted Brody to be the father of BOTH Liam Asa and Ryder Asa.

Is that unpopular?  That's what I wanted too, not just for the present enjoyment of McBain and fuckin' Ford both losing out, but for future story possibilities.  Liam and Ryder as half-brothers with a contentious relationship, with a girl in between (paging Sierra Rose!)?  That would have been dynamite.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is that unpopular?

...I'm not sure, actually. It seems to me most were pulling for Liam to be McBain's and Ryder to be Brody's, but that was a while ago, maybe I'm misremembering.

I have a whole headcanon about those kids as teenagers, heh.

(edited)

I guess that's true, fans of the Nat/McBain ship would definitely have wanted Liam to be his.  I just remember, on the TWoP boards, we were all in love with poor Brody and hated how his character was being screwed over for McBain and fuckin' Ford and wanted to give him all the babies!

Here's an unpopular opinion - I think his exit from GH - disappearing into a long-term undercover FBI assignment after making only the most token of efforts to get access to his son - was an ending for that character that felt 100% right.  That's who John McBain was, and always was.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's an unpopular opinion - I think his exit from GH - disappearing into a long-term undercover FBI assignment after making only the most token of efforts to get access to his son - was an ending for that character that felt 100% right.  That's who John McBain was, and always was.

Why would McBain care more about his kid than he cared about his kid's mother? I agree this was the right exit for him. It's too much trouble for him to deal with a love interest and a kid. 

I think we were all more against Ford having a kid than anything else. How that numbskull (who PUNCHED A NUN AND LAUGHED ABOUT IT) became a "hero" will never not anger me.

Edited by dubbel zout
belatedly noticed garbled sentence
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Kind of like how things ended up for Frisco...

Frisco, at least to my knowledge, was only tempted to disavow that life for one woman - Felicia.  John, meanwhile, cycled through a series of women because there was always another damsel in distress who needed saving and had beautiful hair to sniff and they became more interesting to him than the woman at home.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

there was always another damsel in distress who needed saving and had beautiful hair to sniff and they became more interesting to him than the woman at home.

Any woman expecting John McBain to save her was sadly mistaken. 

• Love 1