Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Not only that but the car Dorinda was in left first and the other girls assumed they were already in. Dorinda showed her ass IMO and is trying to bury her own mistake by insinuating there is more to the story and that Heather is awful. Maybe next week will make me feel otherwise, but until then I like Heather.

I didn't understand Dorinda coming between Heather and Ramonas conversation about marriage either. It made sense to me what Ramona was trying to say which is fundamentally men want to be needed. They might not admit it and they might really love and respect a strong independent woman, but some part of them wants to be "the man".

I totally understood what Ramona was saying!  Sometimes I can make my husband feel like an accessory instead of a partner.  I've worked to change that though.  Maybe Dorinda thought the conversation was getting to Heavy?  Whereas Mario would chafe in that relationship, I think (my opinion!) Jonathan from the small amount we've seen of him does ok and usually laughs it off when Heather goes all BossyBetty on him.  Mario always appeared to want to be in the limelight - and boy, he got it!

Another episode I thoroughly loved.  I appreciate fluid alliances, I liked the mix of laughter and tears and yelling.  I full-on, unashamedly enjoyed how Ramona seemed to be the cause of everything, with a slight assist from Dorinda.  Even the "are you ignoring us" comment that Heather and Dorinda argued about sounded to me like it came from her.  I love how casual she is with it, and how it seems like she genuinely doesn't grasp the impact of what she's done.  And that it's called out immediately- that's fun, too.

Dorinda's activities tonight...I give them a pass for Twitter wars during the show because tweets somehow count towards ratings or something now, from what I understand, so I consider it all "work."  Nobody gets noticed for saying something intelligent on that particular communication medium, they gotta do what they gotta do.  

In the previews I thought Heather said "hashtag your mother would be proud," which I hope is the case because that would make it so much more entertaining.  

This may be my favorite cast/season in a long, long time.

She did! I laughted when I heard her!

I have to add -- Ramona's boobs have got to be fake/enhanced/whatever!!  OMG - they look like balloons in her bathing suit - so shiny and stretched!  She is in such a "mario, see what youre missing" mode!

• Love 2

I love the little unscripted moments in these shows.  For example, the producer-driven drama of Ramona telling off Kristen for berating Bethenny - I could just fast forward through.  It means nothing.  But Ramona in that yellow bikini, lifting her weight and then in the pool with her noodle - gold, pure gold.

Last night's little moment for me was the ice bucket caper.  Kristen came up with the brilliant idea but it was executed by Heather.  I think that action and non-action say a lot about what they are like and what they do bring to the show.  Kristen will always be a "B" player.  Or playa if you are Heather.

• Love 5

I think this marks the turning point in the Heather/Beth saga. They will no doubt bicker, but I think they are moving towards a friendship. Beth's tone towards her has changed completely in her blog.

Exactly. A bully is looking for an easy day, and Heather has been not been an easy day for TBA (The Bullying Anorexic).

• Love 2

Luann is taking this whole South of France thing way too seriously for me. She's clinging to her Euro past like Sonja is clinging to her townhouse and old man Morgan. The speaking French, going topless, the eggs a la francaise, all of it. Sounds like she's going to keep up its the act next week perhaps with a ménage ! :-)

I read the twitters this AM a and Carole reveals a spoiler about the Countess that I'm not skilled enough to spoil her in the proper required way.

Also on the Countess she shut up tout de suite in English and in French when Sonja threatened to spill Luanns past antics!

Dorinda really showed her ass freaking out over absolutely nothing. Apparently she's got a hair trigger sheesh.

I like Bethenny getting along with Heather and Kristen.

Big fan of the oboe music scenes. I miss Silex.

• Love 7

I cackled when Bethenny said that when Ramona is in trouble with someone, she becomes overly complimentary to them and the other ladies. She is so...ugh.  How does Ramona manage to wiggle herself out of trouble time and time again? She was pretty much calling Sonja an alcoholic, too, but she never owned that part. I hope Lu and Bethenny lay into her at the reunion. I totally get why Bethenny was annoyed about Ramona and Sonja talking about going to a restaurant when the group agreed that Bethenny would make lunch that day. That was unbelievably tacky, but then again, it was Ramona.

I was completely confused during the Heather/Dorinda fight. So Dorinda was mad that she asked Heather to wait, and she didn't hear Heather's response? I could have sworn Heather said something (I heard someone's voice) and it didn't sound like she was being rude. Weird. Dorinda breaking down over that was so bizarre.

Did Ramona get her boobs done? They look great.

I loved Kristen's Diana Broussard lock necklace and the ombre necklace she wore in the confessional. Now I want knockoffs. 

• Love 5
"Ladies, let's not be so quick to judge before we see the lineup." This is why I love Luann.

Seriously - she is awesome.  I love how she is wearing all the clothes from her collection too.  That is a smart move!  She looks great in them naturally, which makes them look fantastic, and I looked them up last night because I may seriously buy that red and blue keyhole back dress.  

This episode was awesome because it showed the ladies really getting along and having fun for the most part.  My favorite scenes were on the boat when they were really having fun together and joking around.  They seemed so real and down to earth in those scenes.

Ramona is seriously the biggest shit-stirrer though.  She slithers up to Bethenny all like "So tell me what that conversation was all about with you and Sonja", then the next day tells Sonja what was said as if Bethenny was just bad-mouthing Sonja when in fact it was a two-person conversation that Ramona was a participant in.  She's a scumbag.  And what is with the valley girl exaggerated way that Ramona talks?  She does something weird with her jaw, it's annoying.

I loved how Bethenny kept saying "I said it to your face!" and then Sonja kept repeating "You talked behind my back".  There she goes again with repeating her soundbite like a broken record without listening.

• Love 11

I'm wondering if this is going to be, looking back, the episode where things turned.

Nothing would make me happier than a Bethenny/Heather/Carole alliance.  Not in an ugly way, nothing against the other ladies, but I'd love to see two alpha women plus their stoned sidekick taking on the world.  I think they might be like Kyle and Lisa V. in that I like them both better when they're friends than when they're fighting.  If they manage to reach that point, I'd be happy.

(Side note: I do love Bethenny's talking heads, but maybe ONCE in a while, let one of the other ladies have one?  My gosh.  It's like 50% Bethenny talking heads, and 50% everyone else put together.)

And - I wonder if this is when Dorinda and Luann show their true colors.  Dorinda not only seemed crazy on the episode, yelling at Heather for quite literally no reason, but she was worse on twitter.  (To the point where even Carole chimed in to call her ridiculous.)  It's interesting to me that Dorinda couldn't just say, on twitter, "Man, I was drunk, these ladies made me lose my mind, whoops!"  But she doubled down.  Which makes me think that this wasn't a one-time event, but that it gets worse from here, and she's trying to lay the groundwork.

All season I have liked Dorinda on screen, but been suspicious of her tweets.  Wasn't sure which was the real her.  Starting to think it might be the tweets.

I hope - and last night and the previews for next week seemed to support - that LuAnn and Dorinda are going to look nuts, not Heather.  But we'll see, I guess.  I like Heather (shocker!) and I don't like seeing her under the bus.  Or if she's under the bus, let it be in the style of Bethenny last night, when the bus is being driven by a crazy housewife and not Andy or the editors.

One interesting thing in Heather's tweets.  She said that she and Luann, after this big fight coming up, made up twice on camera, and three times off camera, but Luann keeps it going.  She said that Luann chose to fight with Heather to preserve her spot on the show.  Carole indicated the same thing with regards to her relationship with Luann.  I wonder if that's what Dorinda is up to as well.  If so, that's a shame.  

Ramona and Sonja are quite literally insane, but that's nothing new.  They're like cockroaches with floaties, they'll still be hanging around after the apocalypse has killed all other human life.

• Love 19

Well Ramona is up to her old tricks again. Stir the pot, then deflect. She did the exact same thing with Dorinda - "Hey, Dorinda, LuAnn is saying all kinds of horrible things about John. I'll just conveniently leave out the part where *I* was saying shit too". Cut to Sonja Island - "Oh, hey, Sonja, Bethenny said you were a raging alcoholic. No, no, I never would say a word like that. As long I don't say the actual word, it's not the same thing. And you know, Bethenny is so strong willed and I'm all vulnerable right now, so she basically coerced me into talking about you. You know I love you and I'd never do anything to hurt you. I'd do anything for you, Sonja. Well, except let you have the room with the tub". 

Yup. That's Ramona in a nutshell. 

The crazy thing about this show is I can go from being completely, utterly disgusted with someone, and then 5 minutes later feel badly for them. Or maybe it's the other way around? My timeline is messed up, but that moment where Bethenny and Ramona were crying together was very sad. And very real. None of the typical Howives, Botoxed crocodile, let-me-dab-my-eyes-with-a-tissue-so-you-think-I'm-crying BS. A very real and raw moment. I DO feel badly for what Ramona is going through with Mario. It doesn't excuse or negate all her horrible behavior. But it just means in that moment, in regards to that ONE thing, I feel some sympathy for her. I just wish she could pull her head out of her ass and really commit to being more self aware and gracious to others. But that's probably too tall of an order. 

But back to Sonja and the "confrontation", I did feel a little badly for her. Honestly, it's quite clear that Sonja is not ready for any help. She has not hit her bottom. And bringing it up on vacation was just the wrong way to go, IMO. No one wants to deal with all their demons when they're supposed to be relaxing on a tropical beach. I'm not absolving Sonja, but save yourself the stress and just have a good time. Let Sonja do Sonja. 

I do get how frustrating it must be, though. She is like a brick wall, that one. And she just completely fabricates shit in her mind. At no point, that I recall, did Bethenny say Sonja flirted too much or had no friends. She just hears what she wants to hear in order to keep playing the victim. Oh, and what was that shot at Bethenny about having no education? That's why she has no manners? Well, Sonja, did YOUR education teach you about falling over drunk and exposing your panties? Or sprucing up old purses with Sharpies? Let's not act like you're some manner born picture of grace, okay? 

Maybe Sonja needs a break from this group and should go kick it with one of the other cliques she has "around the world". In fact, let's make that a show!

I loved the time on the boat, especially Ramona getting wet once again. She definitely handled it better this time. But I felt deprived of her infamous line. 

Damn, what was up with Dorinda in front of the restaurant??? I didn't even really see what happened, but it didn't appear as if anyone was intentionally slighted. All the shit she's seen and that tiny moment was the one she blew a gasket over? So petty. I can only guess that at that point it wasn't personal, just emotional strain from being around the drama 24-7. 

• Love 17
(edited)
Luanne walking in with the eggs, "L-look guys! I made you eggs francaise..." and all confused. I can't.

That shit was golden. From now on, when my boys are fighting, that's how I'm going to diffuse things - "Look, I made you eggs francaise!" If anything they'll be so confused they'll stop hitting each other. 

This show gives me so many good lines. I asked my daughter in the bath last night, "Who are you to get me wet?" and I am constantly telling these maniacs not to "be all uncool". 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 21

Dorinda is going IN on heather on twitter. Full scale scorched earth attacks I wonder what happened there

I feel so lost.  I have no idea what could have happened between them to cause Dorinda to go after Heather like this.  The exchange we saw last night just does not seem like a big enough deal for there to be this much hostility.

• Love 7

Ramona is a horrible human being. Also, I found it sadly telling that when Carole was talking to Ramona in the set up to the ice bucket dump, Ramona was talking about being on the phone with Avery and that Avery was crying. I suspect that the cool and poised Avery we see on screen can't be reflective of real life what with the drama and publicity of the family imploding and natural college stress. I feel for that girl.

I'm giving Dorinda a pass on the freak out. Girl obviously needed a nap after a day out in the sun on the boat. Plus, I can't forget that she is new to the show and is likely to go spontaneously insane being locked up with this group.

What was with Heather's "love sucks?" comment at the end of her conversation with Ramona. Perhaps all isn't as rosy with Mr. Jonathon as it also looks for the two seconds he is on camera and smiling in her shadow.  Of course Jonathon doesn't appear to be as obviously slimy as Mario but he is also not immune to falling for some sweet young administrative assistant in the office who doesn't boss him around like Heather. 

I'm not in the Kristin is boring get rid of her camp. I like that she sits in the background and mostly looks pretty. 

• Love 4

Just curious....if there's anyone on this board who is fluent in French, does Luann pull it off?  She sounds clunky to me talking to the French Canadians, but I really have no clue.

• Love 3
(edited)

MVP : Ramona. Always the shit stirrer extraordinaire.

I'm obviously too 'uncool' but what does MVP stand for?!

Ps. I'm Down Under. It's 11pm. I'm about to go to bed, so thanks in advance! I won't see any response to this query for hours. I do look forward to finding out the MVP mystery when I wake up!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat

Just curious....if there's anyone on this board who is fluent in French, does Luann pull it off?  She sounds clunky to me talking to the French Canadians, but I really have no clue.

This came up at the reunion a few years ago in relation to her phone call during thr Pirate deal. A viewer had submitted a comment that they were surprised her French was so bad. She admitted that it was spotty.

• Love 3

I'm obviously too 'uncool' but what does MVP stand for?!

Ps. I'm Down Under. It's 11pm. I'm about to go to bed, so thanks in advance! I won't see any response to this query for hours. I do look forward to finding out the MVP mystery when I wake up!

Most valuable player.

And good night to you ! :)

• Love 2

I am not fluent in French but even to me Luanne expresses the words without the correct pronunciation and inflections. I know enough to hear how clunky she is. No diss though. It's not always easy to speak a foreign language. As an English speaker, I feel the pain for non English speakers trying to master my language. As an English speaker I can tell the country of origin a non English speaker is. I can tell if they are French, German, Italian etc. French and French Canadians will know where Luanne is from!

• Love 3

In the preview during Dorindas drunken tirade heather says "your mother must be proud." It seems pretty clear it's in reference to D's tantrum but it seems to hit a real nerve. I can't wait!

Oooh JakeyJokes what was the reason for the Heather/Luann feud?

So, there's a longer clip on Bravo. Dorinda is a hot ass mess in it. She's pretty much Slurry McSlurriton, Mayor of Slursville, population: 1. Additionally, she's got crumbs on her mouth as she's shouting across the table at Heather. The whole thing seemed predicated on LuAnn talking about Heather cussing and saying that Heather wouldn't want her daughter, Ella, to cuss. Heather's like, Yeah, my mom didn't care if I cussed. I won't care if Ella does as well. Then LuAnn is talking about how she'd hate for Victoria to be in Europe and cussing, and...really? Girl, bye. They cuss in Europe. There are even--gasp!--profane words in French!

It's such a weird thing for LuAnn to put her countess hat on for. I mean, all things considered. Anyway, Dorinda, I guess, decides to defend LuAnn's castigation of Heather's cussing and that's where she (Dorinda) totally goes off the farm.

This is the kind of shit I hate. We saw Heather apologize and Dorinda accept it. During the dinner she came down and sat on the edge of Heather's chair with her. All seemed good with them. Now she is saying on Twitter that it was rude of Heather to not wait because friends should always walk in together. Why did she seem fine at dinner? Why not be mad at Carole, Lu, and Beth who were also walking up ahead? Didn't they arrive in two different cars? I think it is because she is going to look like an ass next week and she is trying to get out in front of it. What a shame.

Dorinda is preemptively trying to grab the narrative. I have to think that's what's going on. It's the same tactic that LuAnn used. Neither could be sure what would air, so they attack from an offensive position, which works for some folks.

• Love 15

This is the kind of shit I hate. We saw Heather apologize and Dorinda accept it. During the dinner she came down and sat on the edge of Heather's chair with her. All seemed good with them. Now she is saying on Twitter that it was rude of Heather to not wait because friends should always walk in together. Why did she seem fine at dinner? Why not be mad at Carole, Lu, and Beth who were also walking up ahead? Didn't they arrive in two different cars? I think it is because she is going to look like an ass next week and she is trying to get out in front of it. What a shame.

Yes, a shame and stupid. What a dumb thing to fight about, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. For whatever reason, Dorinda feels insecure/rejected by Heather, whom, up to this point, she considered a friend. The whole thing gets way more mileage than it deserves because LuAnn probably fans the flame with her own beef with Heather. The lines are being drawn that last throughout the season and beyond apparently.

• Love 9

Also, over Pride weekend I walked by a group of about 12 gays and they all randomly yelled at each other, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITHOUT DORINDA?!" God bless this show.

lol irl my daughter & I randomly yell this out too "doh-reen-duh"

Ramona stirred that shit, served it & ran

and who can forget Turquoise = Turks & Caicos

I enjoyed this episode, we got a smattering of everything that I love about RHONY

• Love 6

The previews are always somewhat misleading.  I actually think MotorCityMom is right and this was a turning point for Bethenny and Heather.  We can't be sure Heather was talking to Bethenny in the preview but it's likely.   I just don't think Bethenny will have a problem with it.  She knows that comes off as a know-it-all.

In the preview clip that Bravo released before the season started, they showed Bethenny's response to Heather's statement, which is something like "Well maybe because I do know it all.  So if you have a question about it all, come see me." Very badly paraphrased, but the point is that yes, she was definitely addressing Bethenny in that comment.  BUT I also agree that I don't think it's going to turn into a "thing" between them again and yes, I think we've seen the turning point in B and H's relationship!

Bethenny even mentioned that in one of her talking heads...."Heather and I are now friends"....Bethenny even made an effort (well, for Bethenny, that is) with Kristen.

BTW - where was Kristen when everyone else was getting ripped a new asshole by Sonja?  And after - when they started the "non-Sonja talk swear jar"?  I know she showed up later, but I didn't see her during the rest of it.  Or~~is she really so non-relevant that I didn't notice her??   

Ummm, if you were even a semi-normal person, wouldn't you peace out during that flurry of sniping, bitching, screaming and whatnot?  I know I sure would!  Or, hey who knows, maybe she was out actually enjoying the beauty of Turks and Caicos rather than spend time arguing about idiotic things!

The French Canadian guy on the yacht got more airtime than Kristen did. This may end up being her last season.

Damn, I think Ramona's noodle got more airtime than Kristin.  Yeah, I think she's dunzo next season.  But damn, she did look stunning in that black and white (or cream) maxi dress.  I'd love to find out where she got that.  Even though I am sure I wouldn't look half as good as she did in it.

With the comments about Carol tonight on the board, thought I'd chime in!

My husband had a very serious stroke when I was 42 and he was approaching 53. We found out shortly after he had Melanoma internally. My work allowed me to work from home so I became his care taker, and he passed 6 months later.

I'm on year 9 of being a Widow, and I so can relate to Carol, except for the dating younger guys part! ;)

PTSD? Possibly. I won't try to diagnose someone else. I can understand the reference. Still to this day I remember one particular thing my husband said to me when I know he was feeling horrible, and it's haunted me ever since. I think when someone is sick they will lash out at the one person they know will never run away. And it still haunts me to this day and will pop into my head at random moments. As the years go by it happens less and less, but still here and there.

Even the deal with having to pick up her husband's ashes reminds me of my situation. No, I don't have to go to another country to pick them up, but my husband is still in what I call the "original packaging" because he wouldn't tell me what he wanted done with his cremated remains. It bothers me 8 years later, like I've been a bad wife. But, I'm becoming more comfortable with making a decision to purchase an urn and do what I think is right, ironically after my brother passed a few months ago. Strange how things happen!

I didn't post this for sympathy, just to maybe promote some understanding for Carol. 

I'm so sorry for what you've gone through!  I had mentioned in previous threads that I thought it entirely possible Carol had some sort of "arrested development" going on from what she went through with Anthony, and that was why she acted younger than her actual biological years. 

Last ep, Bethenny said she was so skeered this was gonna turn into AC.  But I didn't believe her.  What was so bad about AC?  I've already forgotten.  Nah, she was afraid this was gonna turn into another Scary Island.  But who is turning into crazy Kelly?  Sonja?  Not really.  Btw, could Bethenny have planted this story?

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/30/kelly-bensimon-loves-the-caitlyn-jenner-comparisons/

Nah, that article actually painted Kelly in a somewhat positive light so I don't think Beth planted it!  lol

• Love 5

So, almost every one's storyline this season is Sonja.  Other than that, very little on the others' families, work.  They need to cut the fat from this cast.  They can start by losing Kristin, Heather, Carole.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know why they decided to call this episode, Sonja's Island.  It seemed more like Ramona's Island to me.

They should have called this episode The Island of Dr. Ramonja because those two seemed to be spliced together at the head. 

And they call Luann the snake? Did no one see Ramona's scales glisten and catch the light as she coiled on the beach around Sonja and asked 'should we get out of here' (which Bravo subtitled) as Bethenny approached with her paddle board under her arm to blow up Ramona's spot and reveal that Ramona too was participating in the Sonja is a drunk discussions? How Ramona was able to slither her way out of that is miraculous. Ramona is lucky that Sonja is so delusional and believes wholesale all her bullshit. I ought to start calling Ramona Copperhead.

I feel bad for Dorinda.  She's not used to the drama and stress of HW and now she's losing it and getting snippy and crying. 

Oh, she seems to be adopting fairly well if you ask me. I will confess that after coat check gate and her confession of giving money to a wheelchair bound man who she assumed to be homeless but who was in actuality an attorney that I have not really warmed up to Dorinda as many seemed to. Something about that just made her unlikable to me and I am willing to admit that it might have been unfair to judge her on these perhaps isolated incidents. However, looking at the reports of her twitter crazy, her behavior this episode with Heather, her ability to maintain a friendship with Ramona over all these years maybe I might not have been so far off the mark. I will wait to see what next week brings. 

Random thoughts:

- Funniest line of the episode: When they were on the boat, Everyone is mad at Ramona, she says We all need help, I need Help and Luann says "that is the most accurate thing you have said all day." I cackled. 

- Bethanny reads Ramona like a cheap dime store Harelquin from cover to cover in her TH. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9036-1355427531-15.

- Dorinda: girl yous a lie! I do not for a minute believe you have never told anyone to STFU 

- I didn't mind Kristen lock/bike chain necklace. Noticing a theme with her. She is trying to bring back the hip hop jewelry from the 90's. Her ass was wearing door knocker earrings 2 episodes ago.

- I love and want, want, want the yellow dress Heather wore to dinner. I look so good in yellow too. Afraid to find out how much it would cost.

- Ramona's body is fucking amazing. How can the woman not have cellulite?

- Ramona is only capable of showing genuine tears and emotion for herself and her own situation

- Ramona and Sonja are nothing but surface friends

I would think that the Luann's Italian would be better than her French since that is where she moved for her modeling career and lived for many years and it does appear that she started to learn French later in life - maybe 30's or so I wouldn't expect for her accent to be perfect. I am more impressed with the willingness to learn a new language and try. It is only with practice that it becomes better.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 17

Why don't these women ever figure out that the show's goal is to get them drunk and sloppy. 

I was in my 30s when I realized I tended to embarrass myself when I drank too much (by saying things better left unsaid, mainly), and I was able to limit my drinking to stay under the damn-I-shouldn't-have-said-that threshold.  These women are well past that mark and don't seem to have figured that out yet.

• Love 7

Luann's French is not great, but it's better than her Arabic.

• Love 4
(edited)

Damn, I think Ramona's noodle got more airtime than Kristin.  Yeah, I think she's dunzo next season.  But damn, she did look stunning in that black and white (or cream) maxi dress.  I'd love to find out where she got that.  Even though I am sure I wouldn't look half as good as she did in it.

I've been hitting up Kristen's blog (Last Night's Look) a couple times a week. She'll typically post a picture of the things she wore in the previous night's episode and link to where one can purchase them (or, if they're already sold out, where one can buy something similar). She says that the black and white dress is by Jean Paul Gaultier.

And they call Luann the snake? Did no one see Ramona's scales glisten and catch the light as she coiled on the beach around Sonja and asked 'should we get out of here' (which Bravo subtitled) as Bethenny approached with her paddle board under her arm to blow up Ramona's spot and reveal that Ramona too was participating in the Sonja is a drunk discussions? How Ramona was able to slither her way out of that is miraculous. Ramona is lucky that Sonja is so delusional and believes wholesale all her bullshit. I ought to start calling Ramona Copperhead.

I think that LuAnn is a snake, but it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that Ramona routinely stirs the pot and runs away. She's slithery, too, and can be found out as the catalyst for some season's long conflict. I remember she was the one who told Carole at Aviva's that Aviva was going around with "word on the street" business.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6
What was with Heather's "love sucks?" comment at the end of her conversation with Ramona. Perhaps all isn't as rosy with Mr. Jonathon as it also looks for the two seconds he is on camera and smiling in her shadow.  Of course Jonathon doesn't appear to be as obviously slimy as Mario but he is also not immune to falling for some sweet young administrative assistant in the office who doesn't boss him around like Heather.

I had the closed captioning on, and I'm pretty sure that it was Carole who said "Love sucks," and not Heather.

• Love 6

Just my humble and completely shallow observation:  Does Ramona not own a swimsuit cover up?  For as classy as she thinks she is, I would think she'd use one, especially as all the other ladies do.  Whether I'm at our local pool or a resort, I wear one when I walk around except, of course, to get in the water or sunbathe.  I guess she likes letting it all hang out.

• Love 6

I've been hitting up Kristen's blog (Last Night's Look) a couple times a week. She'll typically post a picture of the things she wore in the previous night's episode and link to where one can purchase them (or, if they're already sold out, where one can buy something similar). She says that the black and white dress is by Jean Paul Gaultier.

I think that LuAnn is a snake, but it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that Ramona routinely stirs the pot and runs away. She's slithery, too, and can be found out as the catalyst for some season's long conflict. I remember she was the one who told Carole at Aviva's that Aviva was going around with "word on the street" business.

Thank you!  I totally forgot about her blog. The knockoff Dana Buchman one she posted is cute but not as eye-catching as the original JPG one that she wore - although I'm sure it cost much more than $60!  

• Love 1

Something I noticed last night....those were new Bethenny THs.  Her hairstyle is different in them compared to the others we've seen already this season, and we haven't seen that top before now either.  I wonder if these are now the ones they went back to film after the season started?

• Love 9

Mountaiair, I really appreciate your take on why Carole dates younger men. I would never have thought of that but it makes a ton of sense.

Another Ramonaism that I heard twice last nite: she was talking about Sonja & Ramona opined that "she is self-medicating herself. "

Wow. Between that gem and not knowing the correct phrase for PTSD, I'm surprised she can tie her own shoes.

Doesn't B have more education than S? That was a shitty thing to say regardless.

• Love 9

Ramona's cover up was Mario. She's never wearing one again until he begs her to reunite after he takes in her new hot bod.

Luann's French is not great. Those Canadians were giving her the awkward look of someone who knows that their English is better than her French. She was just trying to show off, and cast her line in hopes for a hook up.

what did Bethenny say in French when Lu complimented Bethenny's French? J'ai habite en un lac? I have lived (live) on a lake? Anyone catch that?

• Love 5

Ummm, if you were even a semi-normal person, wouldn't you peace out during that flurry of sniping, bitching, screaming and whatnot?  I know I sure would!  Or, hey who knows, maybe she was out actually enjoying the beauty of Turks and Caicos rather than spend time arguing about idiotic things!

MTE! If I am in paradise and have the option of lounging by the beautiful waters or listening to women scream at each other, I'm going to do the former.

• Love 2

I enjoyed last night's episode, but I realized quickly that if I was trapped on an island with these broads, I'd spend half my time telling people "you are having a disproportionate response." 

Sonja flipping out on Bethenny and Bethenny confronting Ramona? Understandable. Sonja then extending that to flip out at everyone? "You are having a disproportionate response." 

Dorinda wigging out so much that Heather "ignored" her? Disproportionate response. 

Bethenny being annoyed at Ramonja throwing a spoke in her grand plan to "cook" (aka make a salad with some sauteed mushrooms and sliced pre-cooked hard boiled eggs) lunch? Understandable. Subsequently walking out to where everyone was and then freaking out about wanting to be left alone, not wanting a therapy session, Ramona is selfish? Disproportionate response. (honestly, when you make yourself look like the unhinged, out of control party in a fight with Ramona Singer... )

Honestly, I feel like Heather, Carole, Kristen, and LuAnn are the only ones who may have learned to alternate glass of wine/glass of water, even after all these years. 

Oh, and were Dorinda's windows wide open when she and Sonja were having their how to cope with mean girls session right above the yoga lesson, or was Sonja that loud, and/or the windows that badly insulated. 

• Love 9

Another Ramonaism that I heard twice last nite: she was talking about Sonja & Ramona opined that "she is self-medicating herself. "

Wow. Between that gem and not knowing the correct phrase for PTSD, I'm surprised she can tie her own shoes.

Doesn't B have more education than S? That was a shitty thing to say regardless.

I had a fit of the giggles over the second "she's self-medicating herself."  Thanks Dr. Ramona.

And Sonja telling Dorinda that Bethenny didn't know better because she wasn't well educated (or however she said it) - wow.  I mean, I don't think Bethenny is a shining light of class or sophistication but neither is Sonja.  

When Sonja came up to talk to Dorinda and was complaining about the room and how you could hear everything going on outside - did Dorinda say she would have put the nanny in Sonja and Ramona's room?

• Love 5

Superficial comments:

Sonja's stomach looks like it's faced one too many lipos.  I think she's great looking and has a great bod, but sadly she really should stick to monokinis or a full piece.

Without much make-up and in natural light, Carole's face looks scary with all the fillers she's dabbling in.   

• Love 2
Bethenny being annoyed at Ramonja throwing a spoke in her grand plan to "cook" (aka make a salad with some sauteed mushrooms and sliced pre-cooked hard boiled eggs) lunch? Understandable. Subsequently walking out to where everyone was and then freaking out about wanting to be left alone, not wanting a therapy session, Ramona is selfish? Disproportionate response. (honestly, when you make yourself look like the unhinged, out of control party in a fight with Ramona Singer... )

I think if it were just the lunch I'd agree that Bethenny's response was disproportionate. But I think it had been a slow build up of typical Ramona-centric behavior, starting with the drama over rooms, and the lunch was the tipping point. 

• Love 17

I am a monster, but I have to say:  that Ramona/Bethenny scene crying on the patio did NOT convince me.  Ramona was ACTING!  She was making full on soap opera faces, reciting really bad lines, screwing up her face to cry, clutching Bethenny in a hug with her face very carefully positioned for maximum camera exposure.  It was ALL PRETEND.

"He's part of me.  He may not be good for me, but he really is" - clutching her hands to her heart - "PART OF ME."  And closing her eyes in a hug.  

My other favorite part of the scene, "People say, Ramona, you've never looked better, you're so pretty, you're so smart, you're so independent."  Even in her breakdown  she has to talk herself up.

The final whispered close, 'I wish I knew how to fix him."

IT WAS ALL ACTING.  With really bad writing.  I wish Carole had fulfilled her publishing contract, maybe then she'd be released to write some better dialogue for Ramona in these dramatic scenes.

I agree with all of this.  Except for the part where you're a monster and maybe the part where Carole could've written them some better dialogue.  I felt like I was watching the world's worst double audition for The Young and the Tearless (more tearless than young).  Two women desperately fake-crying and speaking lines out of one of those Roy Lichtenstein parodies of the old romance comic strips.  The only good part is you get to sit there and laugh your head off at somebody else's "pain," guilt-free.

• Love 10

I never got the Dorinda love and she proves why week to week. She amped up it up last night and it looks like the train derails altogether next week. I am undecided on whether or not I like her brand of crazy. So far, she seems to be nasty crazy than fun crazy. The way she's gone off twice now on Heather unprovoked and how she's treated John the few times we saw them together speaks of an uglier persona. Not to mention to causal classism (at best) she's displayed. I can see her getting to Tamra levels of nasty with little to no encouragement if the reports of her twitter rants is any indication. She is also responsible for Hannah.

That said, she is earning her Bravo apple for next season. She is proving to be right up their alley. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I like last night's episode a little better than the others.  At least we saw the ladies having fun and "no big discussion" or pulling someone aside to talk to.  Sonja's beach cover - up / short dress was so cute!  I liked the fun they had pulling the prank on Ramona, and her hair looked better dried naturally.

Why in the hell when Bethenny was clearly preparing lunch, did Ramsonja not, when they walked in the kitchen area, just shut up about going to the restaurant and politely eat her food?!  And, lucky us, we got to learn Kristen gives BJ's (sarcasm).

Edited by barbedwire
  • Love 5

I have to add -- Ramona's boobs have got to be fake/enhanced/whatever!!  OMG - they look like balloons in her bathing suit - so shiny and stretched!  She is in such a "mario, see what youre missing" mode!

That whole sob story Ramona went into about her marriage with Mario made my ears perk up. Basically she said that Mario allowed her to 'be who she is' which is essentially a bat-shit crazy narcissistic exhibitionist. After 21 years of being married to this neurotic train-wreck, Mario decided he couldn't take it anymore. A marriage just can't be all about one and Ramona has been enlightened that she made their marriage all about her. What she wanted, where she wanted to go, what she wanted to wear, where she wanted to go to dinner. It was all her. And he, like a donkass, enabled that. I give him credit for putting up with it all for so many years. I don't think that many men can stay with a needy, high-maintenance woman for so many years without straying. When someone is totally all about 'me me me' and not 'you and me' it gets old and begins to feel like a job. It's not fun trying to love someone so in control and demanding. There was a lot of double-standard going on in that marriage. I've noticed there's a lot of articles online where Ramona speaks out about her divorce from Mario and all the reasons, emotions and actions she took. But I have also noticed there's practically nothing at all from Mario where he criticizes or points any blame onto Ramona.

• Love 8

That WAS hilariously awful. And she continued on, "I tell them - I know!" Mwahahaha, Ramona's biggest fan is Ramona.

That's why I think her breakdown- as ridiculously-worded as it was- was 100% real.  She just is a bad soap opera.  It's kind of awesome to watch.

Dorinda v. Heather: I'm waiting to see on this one.  Last year when they went off to Montana didn't Kristen have some kind of fight with Heather by the end- and they seem closer than Dorinda/Heather have been?  That's how I remember it, anyhow, which means I think that Heather may be really, really grating in close quarters, pushing Dorinda over the edge.  I'll probably revise that next week.

About Bethenney's newer, fresher-looking TH's...I also wondered if they were filmed more recently, but right now I'm going to roll with it as though it's natural.  Watching her last night, especially with Heather and Kristen, I feel like either the holidays got to her or something else did, and maybe she should take her vast fortune and just move to an island.  I'm betting her ex-husband would come along happily, so her daughter could be around, too, if she paid for everything.

Or maybe it's simpler, and being around Ramona outside of a few hours at a party made Heather/Kristen more appealing.  Either way, I'm taking her fresher-looking TH's as somehow representing a slightly different version of her than we've seen so far this season (though I know intellectually the way this show is made makes that impossible).

• Love 4

Eight HWs are too many, I wish they'd have dropped Kristen, Carole, and probably Sonja. Five is perfect, and bring Sonja or Carole back as a friend -- one, not both.

The T&C episodes are fun, and they've finally found their groove. No more Bethenny crying/whining -- I'm good with her remaining as long as she's not the main course.

• Love 2

Dorinda v. Heather: I'm waiting to see on this one.  Last year when they went off to Montana didn't Kristen have some kind of fight with Heather by the end- and they seem closer than Dorinda/Heather have been?  That's how I remember it, anyhow, which means I think that Heather may be really, really grating in close quarters, pushing Dorinda over the edge.  I'll probably revise that next week.

That's an interesting point.  I was thinking the opposite this morning - remembering the Slutty Pirate trip, which is when Ramona finally warmed to Heather, after disliking her quite a bit in the early days, as well as when Heather and Carole really cemented their friendship.  And thinking that Bethenny seems to be coming around to Heather too.  I thought, hm, maybe Heather is someone you need to warm up to, she comes on too strong at first.

But you're right also.  The Kristen/Heather fight seemed to be a short-term fight - if anything, they were closer afterwards, and they're closer than ever now - but it certainly seems to be the unraveling of Dorinda and Heather.  And Luann and Heather blow up here too.

In her blog for this week, Kristen sheds a tiny bit more light on the Dorinda/Heather fight. She said that her car - which seemed to include her, Ramonja and Dorinda - thought that the other car - Heather, Carole, Luann, Bethenny - was ignoring them, and they all got upset.  She said it was a huge misunderstanding that for some reason escalated with Dorinda towards Heather.  She also said that Dorinda clearly has rising issues with Heather in general.

I've noted that as well.  Dorinda has been coming for Heather all season on Twitter, for minor offenses, but always the same theme - she thinks Heather is bossy and controlling.  In Heather's first scene of the season, you see her and Carole walking towards the door of a restaurant, and Heather says "This way, Razzy," and on twitter, Dorinda said "Heather bossing Carole around as usual."  I remember noticing that in the moment, thinking, wow, you REALLY have to work to take offense at one friend pointing out to another friend which way the door is.  It's been that way all season - Dorinda is jumping all over Heather for being bossy or controlling.  Which she can be - but Dorinda is being kind of crazy about it.

Meanwhile, Heather truly seems to think that she and Dorinda are friends.  My guess is that Heather grates on Dorinda's nerves, but doesn't know it, isn't picking up the signals, and when Dorinda blows, it will make no sense to Heather at all, but Dorinda will think it's entirely justified.  I get that.  

But I still can't co-sign on the twitter wars.  That just makes me think way less of Dorinda all the way around.  

• Love 13

I've watched the episode 3 times and the Villa has grown on me. It's stunning, to die for and on my bucket list. My fantasy bucket list.

Ramona has a nice body but her clothing invariably fits poorly.

I am shocked no one has tried to sleep with the villa chef, yet. (He must be married but he doesn't have a ring)

I can't decide if I like Carole's swimsuit top.

Sonja has issues but I was rooting for her when she defended herself. Secretly I was hoping she would out all of them on some huge secret. (if she has a drinking problem, I pray she has an awaking moment and gets professional help. Alcoholism is hell for for everyone involved, including the person who has the problem)

For as much as I dislike Bethany, she earned some points on humility when she admitted (? In her blog) she should never tell someone to 'shut the fuck up'. (although I am not sure if my ex deserves that same credit... :)

One of the best quotes of this episode was by Dorinda. "They are record keepers..these women"

• Love 3

OK…this is the second time Dorinda has said "back that up" or "back that shit up" in a moment of anger. I've never heard that expression before and usually UrbanDictionary.com helps this old lady with new lingo, but not in this case. 

Back that up
Expression used to show thanks or appreciation for something someone has done for you or it can be used after a business transaction has taken place.
Person doing favor: I got that green you wanted.

Person receiving favor: Back that up dawg.
by RAD-DADE February 23, 2009

So…what does it mean?

• Love 1