Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Parasomnia

(edited)

Wow. That scene with the parents. Wow.

And we now know why Parrish was on desk duty for six months. Wasn't because he's so creepy and scary when he goes full Smoker. It's because he's a really bad policeman. Wow. Way not to stake out dude.

Someone please explain the whole bird thing. Was chick-friend-of-lydia's-weve-never-met-before a normal supe or did she get souped with black goo and bird implantation or what? And why didn't Parrish say anything about the dead birds on the roof?

Was there a scenes-from-next-week? Mine cut immediately to Scream. No credits or anything. (Actually the credits were with Parrish and Lydia, when I had looked away. For a second.)

Edited by Snarkette
  • Love 1

That was so boring! I'm glad there wasn't any flash-forwards, but this episode seemed to be re-introducing the Doctors.

I did appreciate that Stiles was right, trust no one, especially someone who shows up to Beacon Hills actively looking for Scott. I love that Stiles noticed something was different about his Dad. And I love that Papa Stilinski seems to finally be moving on right on the eve of his son leaving for college. I also love that Papa Stilinski supports Stiles' detective-ing (although it's slightly concerning that Stiles doesn't have a coping mechanism for his obsessive behaviors as a Senior in high school).

I gotta say, I liked the premiere a lot more than this episode, though this one wasn't awful, per say.

Go Stiles for trusting your instinct. Now, all he has to do is prove it. I can see why Scott wants to believe Theo, as he's always been the guy to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's good to have Stiles around to research into him. Man, Theo is cray-cray but I wonder why. So Theo's sister apparently died...and I guess his parents might have too? But Theo's a big mystery; I'm curious, but I'm afraid that the result will be mediocre. And heyyyyy, Papa Stilinski's dating! Or at least ready to be dating! You go, Papa Stilinski, you go get those single women (*coughMelissacough*).

Tracy's the new victim of The Doctors, it seems. Poor girl; she seemed to not want any part in this and now she's probably going to die, trying to get Scott's power. 

Oh, Deputy Parrish. I want to know what you are as well. Or at least get confirmation that you're a Phoenix. Him and Lydia have good chemistry, although I guess it should be creepier than it is.

The Scott/Stiles bromance is still the number one reason why I still tune in. 

Liam and Stiles teaming up was funny, though that necklace in that hole that he fell into...dude, pick it up! It's a clue! A clue!

• Love 1

The ending with the parents was interesting and I'm glad Stiles called out Scott for always being so trusting but otherwise, a boring and uneventful episode.

• Love 1

I just watch the show when I start to think why some of the characters do some rather stupid things my brain starts to hurt. I have to remember yhis is a mtv show not hbo and stop comparing the acting ,storylines etc and just go with the flow. But damn it lol this show does really test my patience.

The previews were during the first commercial break for Scream. It's a strategy that not everyone has caught onto yet. Get people to stay tuned to the next show while waiting for the coming attractions.

That was also a good episode. I liked the scenes where they were doing things like going to class. I was hoping that Liam was going to say to Mason "sorry I'm late, I was helping Stiles stalk someone". But seriously I kind of wish we got to hear what he told Mason, obviously that Scott bite him.

And yeah I was shocked by the scene at the end with the parents.

And we now know why Parrish was on desk duty for six months. Wasn't because he's so creepy and scary when he goes full Smoker. It's because he's a really bad policeman. Wow. Way not to stake out dude.

No, Parrish was specifically staking out the skylight for weird bird activity. He was looking through a scope which completely limits your field of view. Tracy was the victim—he'd have no reason to be looking for her sneaking out.

Teen Wolf does this to me every season! I love the characters. I love their relationships. I love their school, work, parent/child daily life stuff. The horror/mysteries start out interesting. But eventually the season has thrown in so much just to look cool or mysterious that it can't all get explained; the characters' fighting abilities fluctuate wildly to artificially create tension that ooo, our heroes might lose a fight; and then the show sends off characters (to death or otherwhere) that we care about, and generally never mentions them again—Allison, I think, being the exception because fans would riot if she weren't. (Notice Erica, Boyd, and Aiden didn't get initials on the Senior Scribe shelf.) Yeah, the limitations are showing already this season, but damn I love these kids (and parents).

• Love 2

The Teen Wolf Teens still aren't aware of the external threat yet; they're mostly focused inward. So it's Scott versus AP Bio; Liam versus coming out as a wolf to his BFF Mason; and Stiles going all Stiles over his paranoia about Theo.

Read the story

No, Parrish was specifically staking out the skylight for weird bird activity. He was looking through a scope which completely limits your field of view. Tracy was the victim—he'd have no reason to be looking for her sneaking out.

Oh, that didn't occur to me. Maybe she snuck out the back door so she could circle round and stand right next to his car for the dramatic monster shot. Kind of right up there with making that poor glowy blue werewolf with talon guy wait for hours behind a brick wall that Parrish was only randomly sent to. (I love you Teen Wolf, but logic?)

Speaking of which, isn't it kind of a little hurtful when your boss drags you to a morgue, dumps your body, and then pulls a gun on you when you resurrect? After the whole desk work for 6 months thing? Does Parrish have some kind of Title 9 Monster discrimination suit in his future? 

• Love 1

The episode was kind of boring, but in a way, it made me happy that the characters got to maintain some of that middle ground before everything goes to hell like we know it will. And I have to admit, I smiled at the little girl calling Scott "Dr. McCall" and him saying "Not yet." I like the idea of him as a vet. I've said before that needed to be his career path. He's never been shown to be less than competent in his job, which is more than you can say about most aspects of his life, and the take away pain trick will probably come in real handy.

And I kind of love that Lydia is staying in school to be with her friends even though she has enough credits to graduate. It matches up nicely with Stiles' desire to keep the group together.

(edited)
Oh, that didn't occur to me

He was in the Morgue? I thought he just took him to the hospital.

So it's not just me that watches this show and can't work out where people are and why?

Kind of right up there with making that poor glowy blue werewolf with talon guy wait for hours behind a brick wall that Parrish was only randomly sent to. (I love you Teen Wolf, but logic?)

Exactly.

I actually enjoyed this episode. It felt old school.

And I kind of love that a student barfing up black tar and bird feathers all over a counsellor's desk is not really considered worthy of much further discussion.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 1

I liked the episode, it wasn't a action packed or fast paced episode, but it did a lot of character building and relationship building. Also establishing the main threats of the season(which if the show's pattern holds, will stay largely mysterious until the fourth episode, get a big reveal in the ninth episode and get to monologue in the tenth).

The Doctors are intriguing, since while all steampunky, they're clearly mystical with the 'inject them with more birds!' thing. I wonder if they'll be going back to the Celtic/Druid well again, since we had Kira's parents laying out some Celtic mythology in the first episode with the Wild Hunt and it looks like Lydia's bansheeness will be getting some focus.

(edited)

Ah Scott and his infernal habit in believing the best in people. Reminds me of Goku except Scott has only died once for trusting someone he shouldn't have.

Oh well it's not like leaving psychotic bad guys around would come back to bite him in the ass. Not like Peter or Deucalion or Gerard or Kate or any of the other random hunters murdering Omegas would hurt anyone... That said I wonder what Deucalion, Peter, Gerard, Papa Argent, Jackson, Isaac, Cora, Derek, Aiden and the remaining Alpha Gang are doing ? I found it so annoying that Straight twin died proving himself a member of the pack and then his brother wanders off into the world after their whining about the outside world wanting them dead. Poor Aiden he is so going to be killed for being an Omega by either Hunters or other Wolf packs.

I really wish Scott would get a clue...

Edited by wayne67
(edited)

One thing I was wondering, actually. We saw Theo do a full transformation. Does that mean he's related to the Hale family? Or maybe to the Desert Wolf? I mean, that's a born-not-bitten wolf thing, right? So Theo's in some way related to the Desert Wolf "plotline". (I use quote marks because in modern TV having people every six months ominously intone THE DESERT WOLF seems sufficient to be a plot line).

Edited because pminously is not the new pwn

Edited by AudienceofOne

I think the full transformation is just a special talent that some of them have. Not all of us are amazing singers, some just are. 

With Theo, his eyes were yellow, which means he's never killed an innocent. Which doesn't seem possible with him intimidating and beating up his pretend parents. 

I'm guessing he's hepped up on crowjuice, which is why he can go full dog.

What I can't figure out is whether crowjuice is for supes or can be applied to norms (skylightgirl?) to give them supernatural powers. I'm thinking that the whole rapey Lydia scene was about her getting injected with boost-ya-juice. If so, and if it boosts the supe what ails ya, then it's possible that the whole Jeep/Stiles/Parrish flashforward scene (No! Not the Jeep!) is because poor Parrish's inner fire demon got a wee shot of the old jack daniels of doom.

Also, what was skylightgirl doing down that hole? It was her necklace, right?

• Love 1
(edited)

After 5 seasons of shirtless dudes, finally #ArdenChoInABra!  Kira can stay, chemistry with Scott or not!

ETA: The recap had a check for "The Tyranny Of Shirts Is Overcome" but doesn't mention Kira????  Sexist!   LOL

Ahem. I liked the Styles and Liam scene -- that was fun.  For Lydia (or even Lydia's mom -- she knows about werewolves, banshees, etc, right?) to dismiss the black vomit is pretty stupid.  Take her to Dr Exposition and get her checked (or at least consult the Bestiary you compiled, Lydia)! 

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 1

The very first episode had Allison taking off a wet shirt and changing into one of Scott's at Deaton's and she wasn't wearing a bra. Lydia was naked in the ep where is came out her fugue state in S2.  There were several Scallison scenes where Allison was in her bra as well. There was the "we really love each" flashback with Lydia and Jackson. Go Arden, but while not as common as the boys except Stiles, it tends to average out to about once a season.

I don't think Lydia's mom is in the know about the supernatural. That said, black vomit should be taken to the hospital immediately.  In a non-supernatural setting, wouldn't that be an indication of internal bleeding?

Did love the Stiles and Liam scene.  They play off each other very well.

The very first episode had Allison taking off a wet shirt and changing into one of Scott's at Deaton's and she wasn't wearing a bra. Lydia was naked in the ep where is came out her fugue state in S2.  There were several Scallison scenes where Allison was in her bra as well. There was the "we really love each" flashback with Lydia and Jackson. Go Arden, but while not as common as the boys except Stiles, it tends to average out to about once a season.

Thanks!

Cody Christian is 20, okay good, I don't feel too pervy now.  Well, a little.  I do appreciate the realism that someone completely transforming into a wolf is going to be naked when he resumes human form.

I liked the bit of dialog where Stiles said that Theo was evil because of his parents, and Malia responded with "My parents are Peter and the Desert Wolf."

I really enjoyed Stiles and Liam working together.  It had a serious big brother / annoying little brother dynamic.  Stiles was almost treating Liam like a pet, using his tracking abilities to stalk Theo, but then had a nice moment giving him some good advice about coming out to Mason.

I wonder what Theo was trying to accomplish chasing Liam and Mason.  He basically just forced Liam to show off his wolven abilities, and when he transformed back to human, he had an "exactly as I planned!" smirk on his face.  I'm getting the impression that his story is independent of the Creepy Doctors, though they have set him up as potentially trying to steal Scott's powers (Scott and Deaton's conversation in the previous episode).

Even most born werewolves aren't supposed to be able to shift fully into a wolf; it was a sign of Talia Hale's respect-garnering power and control, and Derek had to go through all sorts of philosophical and physical contortions before learning how to do it. I find it very odd for a college age boy with anger issues to have the ability. (It's also scary because wolves are way faster than bipedal human beings and have jaw strength about 12x that of a human. A beta with those advantages might very well be able to outfight an alpha, particularly a soft-hearted stumblebum like Scott.)

(edited)

I wonder what Theo was trying to accomplish chasing Liam and Mason.  He basically just forced Liam to show off his wolven abilities, and when he transformed back to human, he had an "exactly as I planned!" smirk on his face.

The evil plan is this: Steal Scott's power. They failed with the Lee Press-on Rave Model Nails of Doom monster (although they drank up a little Phoenix/Fire Demon Juice, but I'm not sure that got recycled back at the low-rent lab of Dooooom).

That failed, so they fell back to Evil Plan Number 2: Power-up Liam so he can de-power Scott because a beta of one's own making can hoover off True Alpha Power Juice.

As a back up plan to that, they're establishing Theo to try to join the pack just in case an adopted beta ("We wuv you just as much!") can take the place of Scott-the-single-dad-Werewolf's true-born beta son.

For some reason, most of this hinges on creating inky crow-juice that people can vomit and spread over their bodies and use as for deep-skin conditioning and exfoliation while they wait in (and soften) walls for random deputies to show up for noise complaints.

I've got to say, Teen Wolf is way more logical and straightforward than usual. I think Jeff Davis may be taking drugs.

Edited by Snarkette
  • Love 2

Malia can transform into a full Coyote. Granted she can't control the transformation, but she has the ability. It doesn't appear to be a strength thing, since Scott the Alpha can't do it. 

I wonder what Theo was trying to accomplish chasing Liam and Mason.  He basically just forced Liam to show off his wolven abilities, and when he transformed back to human, he had an "exactly as I planned!" smirk on his face.  

I think that might have been his plan.  Why he would want Liam to out himself is another question.

The evil plan is this: Steal Scott's power. They failed with the Lee Press-on Rave Model Nails of Doom monster (although they drank up a little Phoenix/Fire Demon Juice, but I'm not sure that got recycled back at the low-rent lab of Dooooom).

That failed, so they fell back to Evil Plan Number 2: Power-up Liam so he can de-power Scott because a beta of one's own making can hoover off True Alpha Power Juice.

As a back up plan to that, they're establishing Liam to try to join the pack just in case an adopted beta ("We wuv you just as much!") can take the place of Scott-the-single-dad-Werewolf's true-born beta son.

For some reason, most of this hinges on creating inky crow-juice that people can vomit and spread over their bodies and use as for deep-skin conditioning and exfoliation while they wait in (and soften) walls for random deputies to show up for noise complaints.

I've got to say, Teen Wolf is way more logical and straightforward than usual. I think Jeff Davis may be taking drugs.

This was brilliant, but I think you mean Theo in the highlighted spots.  

In between "Evil Plan Number 2" and the "back up plan to that", they had "Evil Plan Number 2B.4.c.5" -- fill Skylight Girl with inky crow-juice, take her to The Lab and shoot her full of Power-Juice #5 (new and improved!).

(edited)

I think that might have been his plan.  Why he would want Liam to out himself is another question.

I think he didn't know if Liam was human or werewolf and was trying to find out.

Edited by snakenax