Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Love Can’t Weight: Shane and Marissa

A couple postpones their wedding so that they can lose weight. Their goal: to be able to wrap their arms around each other for their first dance

I thought it was smart of her to call of the wedding if she needed more time.  I just read on their blog that they're back together--no wedding planned at the moment just together.  I think that's great.

On a shallow note, Shane looks HOT!!!

• Love 4

Thanks for the link, Diet.. It explains a lot. I sometimes feel there is a disconnect between their stories and the amount of emotional turmoil they are experiencing. I am glad that she had the courage to call off the wedding and not get caught up in the hoopla of a dream wedding. I liked both of them. I'm glad they got back together. I said I wouldn't watch anymore wedding episodes, but I'm glad I watched. Can't believe how much weight he lost in 7 months. They both look great.

• Love 1

This one didn't bother me as much, probably because I didn't have to see an actual wedding. Although I thought Heidi was going to insist that it was just jitters & the wedding was most definitely on! Now drop & give me 50 burpies.

• Love 3

Since I'm losing weight, I keep watching these shows, despite my better judgment and the increasing presence of Heidi.  This one shocked me, first that they would air an episode with a break-up, and second -- how great and more alive both Shane and Marissa were at the end.  They both glowed.  Having just read their blog, it makes me root for them to make it.

• Love 2

Shane looked amazing at the end! I wouldn't have even recognized him. I did however hate Marissa's blonde hair; it aged her and I preferred the brown that she had while she was losing weight.

I'm glad they got back together.

I could  have done without the car being run over.

Why did Shane only have like 18 people at his final weigh in celebration?

How tall is Marissa? Do they tell us the height and I just miss it every time?

• Love 1