Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Red Roses

(edited)

Is this supposed to take place in 2015? I assume it is, but during the flashback to the school 20 years ago, I swear that girl was dressed like it was the 80's. It should have been 1995. Maybe it was an 80's themed dance.

Oh god, this just made me realize that these characters were born in like 2000 weren't they? Oh god, I feel so old. (And for the record, I had to try & sneak into Scream 3 when it came out. Unsuccessfully, I might add.)

Edited by emmapants
  • Love 1

Oh god, this just made me realize that these characters were born in like 2000 weren't they? Oh god, I feel so old. (And for the record, I had to try & sneak into Scream 3 when it came out. Unsuccessfully, I might add.)

Did we get a solid idea of what grade the kids are in? If not, I'd wager they're either sophomores or juniors, making them either 16 or 17. If that's the case, at least we can take solace in the fact that they were born in the 90s. Still doesn't really explain why "Daisy" was dressed like Debbie Gibson at the high school dance, but whatever. Maybe Lakewood is like Canada, and the late 80s didn't arrive until the mid-90s!

• Love 1
(edited)
Did we get a solid idea of what grade the kids are in? If not, I'd wager they're either sophomores or juniors, making them either 16 or 17. If that's the case, at least we can take solace in the fact that they were born in the 90s. Still doesn't really explain why "Daisy" was dressed like Debbie Gibson at the high school dance, but whatever. Maybe Lakewood is like Canada, and the late 80s didn't arrive until the mid-90s!

I thought it was a Costume/Halloween dance? She was dressed up like Like A Virgin Madonna. Which still doesn't seem right for that era.

Edited by shoetingstar

I watched it and it's okay, entertaining enough for a summer show. I agree with the previous posters that it reminds be of Harper's Island which I enjoyed except for the lame "twist" (please don't use the same one here Scream writers). It was fun watching Bella Thorne bite it in the beginning, maybe because I've seen every episode of Shake It Up countless times thanks to my daughter. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I love a mystery so I'm optimistic about this show.  I remember Harper's Island, it was flawed but it was entertaining.  And if I have to watch a group get brutally murdered one by one, at least it's gorgeous vapid teenagers!  I agree with a previous poster that it will wind up with Audrey as the heroine and not Emma.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2

Decided to watch because nothing else is on, and already, I see so many of the things I knew would make me dislike this show:

-Blatant lack of diversity

-Actors way too old for the parts they are playing

-Horribly bad acting

-Horrendous dialogue

On top of that, I get treated to

-Actors we are supposed to find attractive even though they are bland and uninteresting looking

-The original killer was driven to murder because of his deformity and the mistreatment he received from his shallow peers

-Teacher is having sex with a student

-The Carrie I never liked from Days of Our Lives

• Love 1

So I finally decided to give this show a try. I wasn't really wanting to back in June, so I've put it off until now. And so far? Not regretting waiting, and not sure if I even want to continue. It's just...boring and bland. Everyone's so white and dull, except for Riley. Honestly, the only ones I like are the names I remember: Noah, Audrey, Riley and kind of Emma, but I know she's the main and won't die. I only remember Brooke's name because it was repeated a bazillion times, and I only know Will's because...well, I don't know why, because I can't tell him apart from any other bland guy on this show.

I guess I like Noah because I loved Randy in the Scream films. Audrey's interesting because I like the actress and she's at least not dull as dishwater. She's not that cliche, although she could verge into that territory. I like Riley because she likes Noah and seems more fun. Honestly, the only good actors I could count would be Bex Taylor-Klaus and maybe Willa Fitzgerald. Both Audrey and Emma were characters that had very little substance, but the actresses did what they could, and I preferred their friendship over anyone else's. But yeah, everyone else happened to be just there for me. I didn't really feel anything for anyone. I guess the show has potential, but they need to do more to make me feel for characters that aren't named Noah, Audrey or Riley.