Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, marymary said:

Really? All the threads I read in this forum seem to be very pro-Robin. 

If you read through the relationship thread she's brought up a lot in a negative way.  I tend to not care anymore about Robin either, I'm indifferent.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

I think the anti-Robin crowd tends to consist of two very different camps:

1. Robert & Holly fans who found it a slap in the face that Robert got a child with Anna and hated Robin from the beginning because of that.

2. Old school Jason & Carly fans who found Robin annoying and had it raised to a fever pitch in early 1999 when she told AJ about Michael.

Obviously, there are people who don't like her for reasons independent of those two things, but those are probably the two most common. And outside of Carly and Liz, I'd say Robin is usually a LOT less polarizing. 

9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Was this supposed to be a better alternative or???

No, just pointing out there would be still a show. Now the show from ten years ago, then there definitely might not have been a show. The Maxie/Tracy/Luke/Lulu 15 Minutes?

• Love 3
14 hours ago, gp1999 said:

The holy trinity are GH whether you like it or not without them there would be no GH. Screw the haters, Corinthos clan all day 

Therein lies the problem. General Hospital is a soap opera, an ensemble, which requires BALANCE. No handful of characters should dominate, no matter who they are. They could be the most awesome characters to ever be created, if the show can't exist without them, the show is badly written.

• Love 19

If the show could survive the loss of Luke & Laura, it should be able to move past Sonny/Jason.

Unfortunately, FV has torpedoed just about every couple and potential couple that didn't involve his new hires. He turned many of the existing female characters into baby rabies Stepford machines. Then, he lost every rising leading man the show had and replaced them with the likes of Dr. Michael Easton, Franco, LWB/FS and Griffin. Which - even if he weren't terrible at casting, the development of these new characters has been complete shite.

So, I'm actually not sure it could survive their loss right now. The show is bad. And the focus on Sonny/Jason/Carly isn't based on the EP/HW favoring those characters. If it was, I think we'd be seeing an attempt at storytelling that caters to their strengths. It seems to be borne out of a recognition that the show is in a precarious position - because it's bad. And I think that's worse.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
On 9/19/2018 at 9:20 AM, UYI said:

1. Robert & Holly fans who found it a slap in the face that Robert got a child with Anna and hated Robin from the beginning because of that.

This never even occurred to me. That is, it wasn’t even on my radar. All I knew back then was that Robert and Holly were the modern Nick and Nora Charles and when Robin showed up, she was just so adorable, I fell in love with her. And I wasn’t much older than she was. And I hated Anna. Lying to Holly and trying to inveigle her way back into Robert’s life. But Finola was so good she made me come to love Anna and I loved her redemption and how she continued to punish herself by wearing that fake burn scar. One that only Grant discovered.

Man I miss the Brownstone.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:20 AM, UYI said:

2. Old school Jason & Carly fans who found Robin annoying and had it raised to a fever pitch in early 1999 when she told AJ about Michael.

JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A CRACKER. They had sex once? Twice? Forget that. That shebeast strolled into town with an agenda and I loathed her on sight. With her fake sincerity and oozing jealousy over Robin ever since Jason picked her up and walked off the stage at the Nurses Ball.

• Love 1

I loved Robert/Holly and Anna/Duke and i ranged between liking and being fine with Anna/Robert. Same with Robin.

But, I was super excited by the idea of Robert/Holly having a son. Not for parity - I just thought there was potential for good stories and I hoped to see Rober/Holly onscreen again in a good story.

Plus, no one will convince me that Ethan's interactions with his tiny 'big sister' would not have been adorable.

So of course FV saddles us with LWB/FS instead.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

So, I'm actually not sure it could survive their loss right now. The show is bad. And the focus on Sonny/Jason/Carly isn't based on the EP/HW favoring those characters. If it was I think we'd be seeing an attempt at storytelling that caters to their strengths. It seems to be borne out of a recognition that the show is in a precarious position - because it's bad. And I think that's worse.

I think it could survive the triumvirate's loss with better writing for the other characters.  Valentin is a wash, Griffin is the worst wimp and I don't see the attraction of Finn but Chase and Drew I think have leading men potential and maybe even Michael if they stopped making him milquetoast for the sake of Carly and Sonny and let him be who Ned was in the older days. 

Curtis is gorgeous; make him a competent PI instead of a clumsy one. Use TJ more as an eager young doctor that the show used to specialize in and play up his connection with Molly, the future of law on the show.  I think even this Cameron has a potential to be the bad boy like old AJ.

On the female side Hayley Eric is a good actor; get her away from the horrible triangle with Griffin and Ava.

Re the Luke/Holly/Robert/Anna/Duke:  I never got the appeal of Duke, nor the actor in any role he played including First on Stargate SG1. I was Robert/Anna all the way. But I really wanted Ethan to be Robert's son, to balance the roll because Luke already had two kids and Robin could really have used a kid brother.

• Love 1

Hayley Erin is better than she was but I'm not tuning in to see Keeks, Chase and Billy Miller playing the GI Joe version of Billy Abbott - even with better writing. Curtis? Yes, all day. Drew? Maybe if they ever actually develop his character.

And while the show Absolutely needs better writing - along with better scripts and better pacing and better sets; they really need to do something about restoring the show's identity. 

I'm not interested in seeing any more of Guza's Love in a Time of (mob)War, but GH has been the adventure soap since the 70s. It has no business being this dull.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I've never been a fan of Becky although I will say she never phones it.  I'm not a fan of the way she pronounces and enunciates certain things (BOYZZZZ....<shutters>).  Her crying face has always bothered me as well.  I just don't like her.

I also think Friz suck despite thinking her and Roger have chemistry.  The same thing that was said about Drew and Sam with the over the top PDA or whatever is evident in that pairing as well.  Unlike Drew and Sam, I don't think they will ever break them up because Frankie is obsessed with Franco and making Roger work no matter what.  But they are boring.  The serial killer has zero complexity & the sick attempt at gaining sympathy through the child abuse stuff was low in my opinion.  

Basically Franco and Liz do nothing on the show besides kiss and have sex, but always get dragged into other characters' stories when needed because they just have little to no substance.   

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Hater said:

I don't think they will ever break them up because Frankie is obsessed with Franco and making Roger work no matter what.  But they are boring.  The serial killer has zero complexity & the sick attempt at gaining sympathy through the child abuse stuff was low in my opinion.  

It's funny, I'm sure that FV/RC decided on Franco because they thought they could play Franco as an alternate version of Todd.  Instead, they've had to spend most of their time with this character trying to pretend that he's something else entirely. 

• Love 5

I don't know if this is unpopular but I wish the show would have cut their losses with Billy Miller.  He doesn't want to be at GH. He probably has multiple outs in his contract.  As a fan of Drew, who I think is one of the only decent males on the show...it's getting tiresome watching him prop Oscar and do nothing about his memories.  Does Billy's agent have something on FV and company where they continually sign him to 1 year deals, where he can just go off and film whatever whenever?

Just get rid of him!  Clearly, the Drews of the world are not meant to succeed at GH.  They are tying up a lot of money into an actor that has no story and doesn't want to be there.  What is the point of keeping him? He could have been gone last month if they didn't re-up his deal.  I just don't get it.

They got rid of Vinessa and she's already wrapped on her TV show.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

My best guess is FV doesn't want Y&R to have Miller.

Would YR take him back though? SONY doesn't like to talk contract and will just fire you if they don't want you.  Do they want him that badly over there to sign him to a deal again? I don't know.

Edited by Hater
On 11/15/2018 at 9:41 PM, Camille said:

I loved Ric. I don't care that he was a psycho during his first go-round, he was just so friggin' HOT.

I thought the unpopular opinion was if you HATED Ric/Rick Hearst's acting as Ric.

My UO is that at her best, Tamara Braun's Carly, at her most vulnerable, could make me feel for the character more than even Sarah Brown's ever could. 

• Love 3

The Lisa Niles storyline was one of the most interesting plots from the 2010-2011 era. I know that a lot of people were annoyed with it, but 12/13-year old me was thoroughly entertained lol. It was a non-mob storyline (aside from Johnny/AZ's involvement much later) in a time where the mob was 90% of this show, it gave Scrubs an interesting/front burner story, and I enjoyed Lisa's craziness. So much better than... whatever they're doing with Nelle in present day. Nelle's actress does nothing for me in her role, but Brianna Brown gave a good performance as Lisa Niles.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UYI said:

I thought the unpopular opinion was if you HATED Ric/Rick Hearst's acting as Ric.

Then, whichever opinion is the unpopular one, we've got them covered. On paper, a scheming half brother obsessed with bringing down Sonny sounds great. Unfortunately, by 2002, Sonny was going to come out on top every time; the scheming half brother would be a wuss who really wants Sonny's love and trust, and the actor would play it accordingly. There was a lot in Guza's GH that was like that -- promising idea, terrible specifics. But the way I would have conceived and written Ric would never have happened.    

When I look at his character bio, I'm reminded that they tried him with pretty much every woman in town from 2002-09. I remembered the major ones, Liz and Alexis, but a lot of the others had faded from my mind. 

When I think of the GH of the aughts, there isn't much I'm nostalgic for.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

When I look at his character bio, I'm reminded that they tried him with pretty much every woman in town from 2002-09. I remembered the major ones, Liz and Alexis, but a lot of the others had faded from my mind. 

When I found out about him and Elizabeth, I literally went "Wtf". So random. 

And that Sam tryst was really gross, even if it was just one night.

Edited by teenj12
18 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

When I think of the GH of the aughts, there isn't much I'm nostalgic for.

Which is why I always push back on any talk of bringing back Guza.  Every writing regime since his have basically been the vultures picking at the remains of the GH he killed.  None of them will ever be as bad, as destructive, as terrible, as his.  The only reason GH is at the apex of suckage it is right now is that the writers are trying to ape the Gooz, with predictable disastrous results.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Which is why I always push back on any talk of bringing back Guza.  Every writing regime since his have basically been the vultures picking at the remains of the GH he killed.  None of them will ever be as bad, as destructive, as terrible, as his.  The only reason GH is at the apex of suckage it is right now is that the writers are trying to ape the Gooz, with predictable disastrous results.

As a writer, I thought that Guza was immensely talented. He could craft some really fanastic characters and the one saving grace with JFP and Guza is, more often than not, they let Mark Tescher take free rein of the casting, (at times unbelievable considering JFP is as notorious for casting her friends as FV). However, Guza didn't have any respect for the genre, so it made it even worse than being a no talent. There were times there would be good stories that he accidentally fell ass backwards in and I'd be like "Oh, so you CAN write a good soap opera, you just choose not to."

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Same here, yowsah1. As bad as much of what's followed (or preceded, or interrupted) Guza's tenures has been, nothing I've seen in anyone else's GH has upset me the way his did. There were scenes in his second tenure that were unforgettably vile; they will be with me always. There was no confusing it with a real artist grappling with dark things in his own character and making great art out of it.

To me, he was just a middling talent whose work suggested contempt for the non-respected genre in which he ended up. It was often derivative of others' successes too, but I expect that in TV, and that was by far the least of his major problems. I also don't think he was good for a genre with a mostly female audience. I wouldn't presume to say anything about his marriage or personal life, but there wasn't much respect for women evident in his stories. In fact, he often seemed to get off on setup and payoff of the female characters' degradation.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

I agree with @Asp Burger. I think Guza's contempt for the soap genre is what ruined his tenures on the show. He couldn't accept the fact that his other projects never got off the ground, and he took out that bitterness on GH, so we got some really awful, awful stuff. 

I'll never quite understand why soaps are looked at with disdain; the long-form storytelling should be something writers dream of doing. Sure, you have to have some silly stuff spliced in along the way, but it's not as if the rest of TV is all prestige. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'll never quite understand why soaps are looked at with disdain; the long-form storytelling should be something writers dream of doing

But, the thing is, it is being done now on prime time shows. With bigger budgets and arguably better pacing and writing. So perhaps the viewer wonders why they should follow a story with predetermined winner characters or retreads of retreads that have been going on since the 1950s or 1960s, when prime time gives the long stories with more creativity (at least on streaming, perhaps) and even, occasionally, on broadcast in years past.

In a sad way, daytime soaps have been beaten at their own game because they won't evolve - and recycle crappy writers instead of even trying to cultivate new talent to shore the genre up.

ETA: In no way does this absolve Bob Guza. I am merely addressing the story telling aspect of the post I'm responding to. Because, I do agree, Guza was bitter. Much like (IMO!) Tyler Christopher clicked on autopilot once his prime time show failed to get a pickup and never clicked that off again, either. (Again, IMO!)

Yet, ironically, I think I read Guza is working on Broadway now. Falling upwards. I don't get it, either.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'll never quite understand why soaps are looked at with disdain;

Me neither, especially considering the plethora of famous actors who got their start that way. No matter how crappy the acting or writing, if nothing else, you know these people have a strong work ethic, considering the amount of work that they have to do in a short time.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:03 AM, Asp Burger said:

In fact, he often seemed to get off on setup and payoff of the female characters' degradation.  

Even during his first, technically "best" tenure. To this day, Jason M's treatment of poor Keesha makes me cringe.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

But, the thing is, it is being done now on prime time shows. With bigger budgets and arguably better pacing and writing. So perhaps the viewer wonders why they should follow a story with predetermined winner characters or retreads of retreads that have been going on since the 1950s or 1960s, when prime time gives the long stories with more creativity (at least on streaming, perhaps) and even, occasionally, on broadcast in years past.

In a sad way, daytime soaps have been beaten at their own game because they won't evolve - and recycle crappy writers instead of even trying to cultivate new talent to shore the genre up.

I totally agree with this, and the continued budget cuts in soaps have definitely hurt. But even though there are more outlets for long-form storytelling, none of them have the sheer quantity of episodes that soaps have. Man Men had, what, 13 episodes a season? That's two and a half weeks for a soap.

I think it's a lack of creative commitment and energy that's dooming soaps. With 200-plus episodes every year, writers can really dig into a story and all of its ramifications, but the GH writers, at least, fail at that constantly and continually.

1 hour ago, Camille said:
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'll never quite understand why soaps are looked at with disdain;

Me neither, especially considering the plethora of famous actors who got their start that way. No matter how crappy the acting or writing, if nothing else, you know these people have a strong work ethic, considering the amount of work that they have to do in a short time.

I know! And the technical experience has to be equal to none. I know soap opera acting has its quirks—the long pause at the end of a scene, etc.—but TV, stage, and movie acting have their idiosyncracies, too. There's a reason people joke about "the THEatah!"

I've mentioned this before, but I'll never entirely hate Harrison Ford because when James Lipton asked him what actors he admired, Ford replied (paraphrased), "Soap actors, because they have to make the ridiculous seem real on a daily basis," and he knew he wouldn't be able to do that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And the technical experience has to be equal to none.

I remember reading that actors and crew actually hate all those big, splashy eye-candy events that viewers love because of the tremendous work involved--all the actors on campus, meaning no one gets a day off, everyone showing up at the crack of dawn for hair/costumes/makeup, etc.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Soap actors, because they have to make the ridiculous seem real on a daily basis," and he knew he wouldn't be able to do that.

Hell, yes. It started after 9/11 and racheted up after my sister died, but it finally hit me how ludicrous and unrealistic soaps are--10 marriages before you're 30 and come back from the dead a few times too!--but indeed, the vast majority of actors pull it off. In real life, these people would be Reddit stories.

14 hours ago, Camille said:

Even during his first, technically "best" tenure. To this day, Jason M's treatment of poor Keesha makes me cringe.

One of Guza's tropes was scripting breakup scenes of such brutality and emotional violence (generally by the male half of the couple toward the female) that you never wanted the female character to come anywhere near the asshole who broke up with her so viciously ever again, or at the very least the male half of the couple should have had to do some serious grovelling, apologizing, and working hard to earn forgiveness before she even begins to consider a reunion.  Yet the woman always came running back whenever the man who had emotionally/verbally abused her so badly so much as crooked his finger.  Guza did this again and again, and it never seemed to penetrate his thick skull that this was why the enthusiasm for so many couples just died amongst the fans.

• Love 6

Yes. I was never a Sonny/Brenda fan to begin with, but it was painful seeing her go from someone who finally worked up the nerve to dump Jagger after finally realizing that he'd never love her to someone lurking in the parking lot of Sonny's apartment building to offer to be his mistress if that was the only way she could have him.

• Love 3

My unpopular opinion is that I like Ava.  And I don't just mean that I don't hate Ava.  I like her.  To the point that if I were to list my top 5 characters currently on regularly, she would make the list. She screws up regularly, yes, but not as often as some characters want to believe and not any worse than other characters. I also think MW does a fantastic job of creating depth to Ava. I feel sympathy for her often and am dreading when she finds out Kevin isn't Kevin at all but is actually serial killer Ryan.

Then again, maybe I'm warped because I also like Franco.  Something about his relationship with Liz skeeves me out, but I like him as a character.  It might stem from the fact that I took a huge break from GH and missed James Franco playing Franco. My first exposure to Franco was at Alexis and Julian's wedding when he tried to distract the guy who took them all hostage and said that the gunman really only needed one of them. I think he said something like, "Now, normally I'd suggest Sonny because, let's face it, he's a horrible person, but he's in a wheelchair so that presents a new set of issues."  Then the gunman suggested he take Franco and Franco responded, "Me? What? No. No way. No one likes me. No one will care if you take me."  I was cracking up. And I love his sarcasm and wit.  Yeah, maybe I'm just messed up in the head.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It might stem from the fact that I took a huge break from GH and missed James Franco playing Franco.

Which is the eternal gigantic problem with reviving Franco. Had RoHo just been Franco, New Character With a Messed-Up (But Not SERIAL KILLER) Past, I think things might have worked. But they whitewashed the SERIAL KILLER aspect with a tumor. Then had him do SERIAL KILLERY stuff like lock a man in a dog cage, stalk Liz on more than one occasion, and now help the PCPD with the Mary Pat case because he has a unique insight into the SERIAL KILLER mind.

• Love 6

I like Ava and Franco, too--with the huge asterisk on the latter that he shouldn't be Franco, just a quirky, non-former killer character.  

My totally popular opinion (I'm guessing) is that James Franco's vanity project is one of the worst things to happen to GH in the last ten years.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My totally popular opinion (I'm guessing) is that James Franco's vanity project is one of the worst things to happen to GH in the last ten years.

It was a weird digression for GH, but had it stayed in the past, I'd have forgotten all about it.

• Love 3

In my soap-viewing life, I've tried to cultivate the memory of a guppy.  Way less rage about Jasus, Franco, meathooks, etc. I know the vague plots but try to keep them largely out of mind. 

Note: this has also allowed me to come to like Carly, which is my UO. Guys, I don't know what happened. I was fully NULOCH a few years ago, but LW has won me over. I get the feeling she knows Carly is kind of an asshole and puts some humor into the whole thing.  I think she's one of the best and most watchable actresses on the show. I could do without the Jason worship, but when she's in scenes with anyone but him and Sonny, she's honestly one of my favorite characters. It's still highly disconcerting for me. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 2

It was a weird digression for GH, but had it stayed in the past, I'd have forgotten all about it.

I would agree with that.  At the time it was more like, 'this is stupid and pretentious.'  Only now that they've 'redeemed' Franco has it become infuriating.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think you're right. I think they are going to try to bring Julian and Alexis back together (I'm actually not opposed to this) and try to put Kim and Drew together. And, I think a big reason for this is they are trying to get it through fan's heads (and possibly KM and BM's heads, as well) that Sam and Drew and done and Sam and Jason are where it's at. Because that will convince all of us that those two are soulmates.

While I was a Julexis fan even after he threatened her (UO), I find myself wanting Julian to stay with Kim.  They have a freshness that Julexis doesn't have any more and I don't think Drew and Kim have ever had.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'd agree because I will never get over the awfulness of that time.  I'd say another is making the Sonny/Carly/Jason Triumvirate of Suck the moral centre of the show, even worse because we're stuck with it until the show ends.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
On 11/19/2018 at 11:25 AM, dubbel zout said:

I agree with @Asp Burger. I think Guza's contempt for the soap genre is what ruined his tenures on the show. He couldn't accept the fact that his other projects never got off the ground, and he took out that bitterness on GH, so we got some really awful, awful stuff. 

I'll never quite understand why soaps are looked at with disdain; the long-form storytelling should be something writers dream of doing. Sure, you have to have some silly stuff spliced in along the way, but it's not as if the rest of TV is all prestige. 

I liked a lot of what he did his first run in 1996 - the Cassadines in particular - but he clearly had his flaws even then.

Still, I couldn't believe how bad he actually got.  He really did take absolute joy in destroying characters.  To the point that, to this day, I wish my all time favorite character (Robert) had remained dead.

He left an incredible amount of destruction behind, Guza.

• Love 4
On 11/28/2018 at 11:35 AM, dubbel zout said:

Which is the eternal gigantic problem with reviving Franco. Had RoHo just been Franco, New Character With a Messed-Up (But Not SERIAL KILLER) Past, I think things might have worked. But they whitewashed the SERIAL KILLER aspect with a tumor. Then had him do SERIAL KILLERY stuff like lock a man in a dog cage, stalk Liz on more than one occasion, and now help the PCPD with the Mary Pat case because he has a unique insight into the SERIAL KILLER mind.

I used to be a big RoHo fan and I still go back and watch old OLTL Todd/Blair stories and ATWT Paul/Emily stories. So it really is just the Franco character for me

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

My UO is I kind of miss Julian and Alexis even though I was never a fan.  You have a sexual assaulter running around like Mr. Rogers taking care of Liz's kids better than she does (according to her)  You have two pieces of shit for leads...that kill for a living.  The knife stuff was disgusting, but get on with it already.  Give their fans a reunion.  Alexis does nothing these days since she's been pulled from Julian's orbit.  She's wallpaper.  I know NLG use to complain about lacking story. These days she doesn't seem to give a rat's ass so maybe that has something to do with it.

Not necessarily unpopular but ship Drew and his insta family off screen.  GH has managed to destroy almost every connection Drew has to the canvas and all he does is mope about Oscar and takes no action.  Just send all three off. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

The reason I hate Franco now is because RH and his tics, so i don't think seeing original Franco would have made much difference. Once in a while Franco has a line that amuses me, but that's about it. When I think about sarcastic characters with great one liners, I think Tracy. Franco comes across as whiny to me. And the food chewing I hate as well, but it seems that touch is more FV's fault than RH.

• Love 4

RH said in an appearance with ME last week that he doesn't like Franco always eating but sharing the food with Aiden a few episodes ago felt natural. Compared to James Franco, who I hate with the power of a thousand suns, RH doesn't seem so bad to me.

UO: I really want Ryan's admiration and lust for Ava to be real and not just useful.  It's been a long time since Ava had someone who cared about her.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, alessia said:

I liked a lot of what he did his first run in 1996 - the Cassadines in particular - but he clearly had his flaws even then.

Still, I couldn't believe how bad he actually got.  He really did take absolute joy in destroying characters.  To the point that, to this day, I wish my all time favorite character (Robert) had remained dead.

He left an incredible amount of destruction behind, Guza.

I agree. If you rewatch carefully, 1996 is when the "good=bad, bad=good" mentality kicked in.

"The Quartermaines and Keesha want the old Jason back! They're EVIL!"

"Sonny accepts him for who he is! He's a good guy!"

I will never forgive him for not only making Justus a murderer, but making him someone who would let Laura (his friend and his friend's wife) stand trial, thus destroying his friendship with the Spencers. 

Nor for turning Tony from a pillar of the community into a deranged kidnapper. While simultaneously making Jason the mobster a hero.

And for all my mixed feelings about Luke and Laura, I hate the way he completely shredded them.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Camille said:

And for all my mixed feelings about Luke and Laura, I hate the way he completely shredded them.

He had a big fat assist from Geary who ideas about who Luke was supposed to be were not good.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

He had a big fat assist from Geary who ideas about who Luke was supposed to be were not good.

Geary indicated in an interview that he had some distaste for the "Luke & Laura" phenomenon, given how they started out.