Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Hater said:

This show is worst than it was last year at this time and that's quite a FEAT and I attribute that a lot to his return and the holy trinity (on and off screen) once again becoming the center of the show. 

I knew it was going to be bad when SBu returned. I just didn't know how bad.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I still want Jax & Skye together all these years later. 

Me too. Though I've hated him ever since the horrible way he treated her when Brenda came back.

Speaking of whom. . .

I never liked Sonny and Brenda. It was way too soon after what he did to Karen to try and redeem him, and 90% of their scenes consisted of them fighting or having sex--which was usually to make up from a fight! And I hated Brenda's grade-A hypocrisy--she refused to let Sonny complain about the way she practically dry-humped Miguel everytime she saw him, but if Sonny said "Hello" to Lily, she went ballistic.

Speaking of whom. . .

I liked Lily.

I've hated Jason Morgan since the day he opened his eyes and started treating nearly everyone in his family like crap. I hated him and Robin together.

As much as I hated Carly, I liked her and Tony together. I honestly believe that at some point, she genuinely fell in love with him and I hate that the writers ruined it.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Camille said:

I still want Jax & Skye together all these years later. 

Change Skye to Alexis and this is me. Stupid Chloe and Wendy Riche's freaking obsession with her. Glad Stavros snapped her neck like a twig.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Change Skye to Alexis and this is me. Stupid Chloe and Wendy Riche's freaking obsession with her. Glad Stavros snapped her neck like a twig.

I have a feeling your opinion is the more popular one among fans, though, just saying. ;) 

Imagine how Jax would be with Alexis.  She'd let his see his daughter.

Although my favourite relations for Jax was V. That was such a fun storyline gambling to get his money back..

12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Stupid Chloe and Wendy Riche's freaking obsession with her. Glad Stavros snapped her neck like a twig.

• Love 1

I liked Chloe. She was never going to be a character that took the show by storm and she and Jax were incredibly boring as a couple, but I enjoyed the mixed married story for the silly trifle it was. I liked her friendship with Alexis, and I liked her and Stefan together. I was mad when Stavros killed her. That was, like, textbook fridging.

(Poor Stefan maybe should have stayed away from blondes, it never ended well. I think either Skye or Anna might be interesting romantic choices for him. You know, in my fantasy world where Stefan is alive and General Hospital is a proper soap instead of the rotting corpse of one.)

Jaxis should have happened for real, I definitely agree with that.

• Love 4
On 2/26/2018 at 2:59 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It really doesn't. Because Robin didn't get the turnout and grieving by everyone who knew and loved her, like Nathan did. Plus the fact that she was on this show, more or less for over 30 years versus, Nathan, who was on for what? Four years? And again, because it BEARS REPEATING, a good CHUNK of Robin's funeral was hijacked by Mooby and how it was all about him. When he was no longer part of Robin's circle, as she'd cut him off after her SHOT HER.

On the "up" side, at least Mooby never fucked anyone on Robin's grave.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:02 PM, ouinason said:

I like Franco.  I like Friz, even though I question Liz's though processes.  I don't find it weird or bad that Cameron and Aiden are barely on...

I like Peter.  I don't care if his existence is ruining the perfection of the Robert/Anna backstory...

And ... I like Julian.  Liked him with Alexis, like him with Kim. 

I agree with all three of these sentiments, and can proffer some even more unpopular opinions...

I like ME as Hamilton Finn.

I liked Nathan Parsons as Ethan.  I didn't and don't care that his existence messed with Luke and Laura's backstory.  Frankly, Guza had sabotaged so much of what had made Luke and Laura special that it was all gone by the time Ethan showed up anyway.

I don't dislike Lexi Ainsworth and think she has potential as an actress.  She is, however, saddled with a character that the writers clearly have no idea how to write for.

• Love 2

i liked Lexi Ainsworth's original Kristina and her crush on Nathan. They should have gone with that instead of the dreadful woman on the island story.

Kristina lost me with the recast and the reality show storyline.  It was perfect Sonny but Kristina also has Cassadine blood in her.  Somewhere.

• Love 4

Maybe liking Lexi as Kristina is unpopular NOW, but it certainly wasn't always like that.

Now, saying you didn't mind Lindsey Morgan as Kristina? THAT'S unpopular.

...And a UO I happen to hold, too. 

(Minus her screaming when Trey died; that was dreadful.) 

• Love 1

I liked Ethan, I just hated him as Luke's son. But that was only partly because it involved the further destruction of Luke and Laura.  It felt very untrue to Laura's character and the L&L relationship, even if TG felt it was true to Luke's character (in 2000/whatever, when he pulled it directly out of his ass). But it was primarily because it was a gross thing to write for Holly and Robert.

TG's damned need for Luke to be "edgy" always ended up dragging other characters into the muck with him. Plus, it was just bad basic storytelling.

Having said that, I would welcome Luke back to the canvas at this point if only because TG would call it out on being a tedious shitpile.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Although my favourite relations for Jax was V. That was such a fun storyline gambling to get his money back..

I always regretted that that didn't go anywhere.

5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I liked Chloe.  I liked her friendship with Alexis, and I liked her and Stefan together.

So did I.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Camille said:
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I liked Chloe.  I liked her friendship with Alexis, and I liked her and Stefan together.

So did I.

Table for three, but I thought Chloe and Stefan were a bit drab. Stephen Nichols made that pairing work.

• Love 1

I think KeMo has chem with both BM and SBu and I think the first few scenes when Jason came back (especially the hospital and the PH) were very good. The writing since then has veered between atrocious and inexplicable but I thought there was potential for good story.

I also don't have a problem with Jason hating Drew - but have the writers given him a reason? Because he should hate Drew for taking his place, for being a better husband and father than he is, for not having brain damage and for easily doing things that Jason cannot/will not do.  It makes sense that Jason spends most of his time with the people who weren't better off with a different version of him - that's what he did last time. But that was about three decades ago, when he was a kid. He's an adult, "allegedly", there should be some  growth.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I also don't have a problem with Jason hating Drew - but have the writers given him a reason? Because he should hate Drew for taking his place

I think that's basically the reason Jason hates Drew. But the writing, as you noted, veers between atrocious and inexplicable, so there's been no real discussion about it. TFGH. As always, there is so much material to mine and the writers ignore it all.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, In2You said:

I thought Kristina's abuse storyline was terrible, lacked sense, and was nothing but cheap emmy bait to get GH some mainstream attention. 

And it's a shame, because teen dating violence is a major public health issue and I wish it had been tackled better.

If you can be brave enough to write that, I can muster up the courage to admit that I didn't like the AIDS storyline. 

Before you crucify me, it's not that it was bad, per se. I commend GH for having the bravery to tackle the issue, and with a legacy character, no less. The lessons, particularly on getting tested,  were completely truthful and necessary, but the writers hammered us with them over and over and OVER again in a cliched and hokey way. It felt like an overdone PSA/ABC afterschool special that just went on and on and ON. I hated literally everyone in town knowing every detail of Robin and Stone's business. I hated how AJ of course had to be the one who was a stereotypical ignorant jerk about it. I rolled my eyes the minute he made some stupid remark--and not two seconds after making some very valid points about how other diseases didn't receive as much attention--because I knew it was coming the minute the story kicked off.

And I hated the way it deified Robin. And again, before you crucify me, I like Robin and always have. But before the AIDS story, she'd been a normal teenage girl (as far as soaps go). During and afterwards, she became the town saint. EVERYONE loved her, EVERYONE couldn't stop gushing about how wonderful and perfect and amazing she was, etc. As much of a bitch as a she was, I couldn't help but laugh at Carly's snarky nickname for her--"Sweet little Robin, Queen of Angels", because indeed, that's how literally everyone saw her from then on and it was very annoying sometimes. It didn't help when she started to believe her own hype and became unbearably sanctimonious--remember how horrible she was to Stone's sister Gina after his death? Not that Gina didn't deserve it, but I was glad when Kevin put her in her place and told her that she needed to learn to be compassionate if she wanted to be a doctor.

And no matter how I twist and turn it, I cannot abide with her taking Tony's side regarding him kidnapping her and Michael, to the point of practically testifying on his behalf and HUGGING him when he was acquitted. No matter what hell Carly put him through, he had no right to do either of those things. For crying out loud, woman, the man endangered your LIFE. But of course, Saint Robin would never dream of getting angry at someone for doing that.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2016 at 7:35 PM, UYI said:

My UO is that I am not at all convinced that SBu is returning just because he left Y&R. I just don't see Frank getting him back (or wanting him back) at all. 

Welp.

I don't think I mentioned this when his return was first announced, but all I can say now is:

BOY was I wrong! Lots of crow for me to eat. -_-

Topic?

Team Scott & Lucy, forever and always.

Edited by UYI

My UO remains the same.  I like Franco, I like Friz, I like his interactions with the kids and I like it when he's just accepting of his horrible deeds and moving on with his life, like with Cameron throwing them in his face and him just rolling right along.  

I also think that he's no more a rapist or sexual predator than Sonny is.  Probably less, because that stuff with Karen was disgusting.  

I do not like his excessive insecurity though.  That is not ever attractive.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:52 PM, Camille said:

And no matter how I twist and turn it, I cannot abide with her taking Tony's side regarding him kidnapping her and Michael, to the point of practically testifying on his behalf and HUGGING him when he was acquitted. No matter what hell Carly put him through, he had no right to do either of those things. For crying out loud, woman, the man endangered your LIFE. But of course, Saint Robin would never dream of getting angry at someone for doing that.

Of course he had no right to do either of those things, but Robin saw him as behaving wildly out of character, "losing it" essentially from a combination of circumstances/events leading up to that horrible act.  Robin had loved Tony as (extended) family for however many years at that point; Uncle Mac and Tony were role models for Robin after her parents "died." Child Robin was worried about baby BJ when Tony's wife died. She was there in the hospital with Tony and Bobbie when they decided to take BJ off life support after the bus crash.  She knew about Tony and Bobbie's troubled marriage, and that Carly took advantage of that. Robin felt that Tony, a doctor, would never in his right mind endanger someone's life - especially someone he had known since she was a child. Robin spelled it out for Carly in the courthouse: you wanted him to think he was going to be a father and get invested, until it was no longer convenient ... you knew he had been through hell due to the sudden death of his child in recent history...etc. It seemed like Robin saw Tony as a shell of the man he had been, and for that reason couldn't get really angry at him. Carly was all "Tony is a horrible person, he needs to pay for taking my beloved babbbbyyyy" while conveniently glazing over her destructive influence on Tony, AJ, Jason and other's lives.  I will say that LW really plays that entitled, judgmental, sanctimonious, condescending personality of Carly's as much as SBrown did. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, In2You said:

I don't think the Davis girls have this great rapport on screen.

I think they often do, but for whatever reason, KeMo and LA don't connect that well a lot of the time. It doesn't help that they force Sam to use "Krissie" too often. Nicknames are used way too soon and way too often to show some sort of emotional closeness that hasn't been earned.

• Love 1
On 8/30/2018 at 6:53 AM, In2You said:

Hmm, I vastly disagree. I feel like I'm watching real sisters when they're onscreen together, and same with Alexis's mother-daughter relationship with the girls (particularly Molly and Kristina). It also helps that they all look alike.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:53 AM, In2You said:

I used to like them together, but I haven't been feeling them for at least the past 2 - 3 years.  Those scenes happen so seldom now, maybe that's why.  Also, I think LA is just kind of meh, so there's that.  And Molly has joined the Who? club.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Hmm, I vastly disagree. I feel like I'm watching real sisters when they're onscreen together, and same with Alexis's mother-daughter relationship with the girls (particularly Molly and Kristina). It also helps that they all look alike.

That's why this is the unpopular opinions thread because the popular opinion is that their all so fabulous and light up the screen together.

• Love 3

The only ones who kinda look alike (to me, just MO) are the actresses who play Molly and Kristina. None of them look anything like NLG. And NLG and KeMo look absolutelyyyyyyyy nothing alike. Whoever thought they looked like mother/daughter....I’d love to hear a bit about why, lol.

• Love 2

I think the Davis coven works when it's about them.  When it's about propping other storylines, like pushing Sam and Jason together, or explaining why Kristina is back, it falls flat because it's about the info push rather than the relationship.

I want there to be a Cassadine story that about Alexis and her kids, not only about the male Cassadines Valentin, Nic and Stavros.  They started one with Molly hiring Alexis to do the legal work on the evil development but it got lost too soon in the Franco/twin story.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The only ones who kinda look alike (to me, just MO) are the actresses who play Molly and Kristina. None of them look anything like NLG. And NLG and KeMo look absolutelyyyyyyyy nothing alike. Whoever thought they looked like mother/daughter....I’d love to hear a bit about why, lol.

My thought too. La and HP resemble  like they could be cousins but none of them resemble NLG. And LA doesnt resemble MB either. HP resembles RiH. KEMO doesnt resemble either onscreen parent.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, In2You said:

My thought too. La and HP resemble  like they could be cousins but none of them resemble NLG. And LA doesnt resemble MB either. HP resembles RiH. KEMO doesnt resemble either onscreen parent.

55 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Long faces. And “not blonde.” That’s all I can come up with. 

Add me to the “Maura West has talent but isn’t all that and a bag of chips” camp. She had a few great tricks but she employs them over and over. I’m also often distracted by the fact that she rarely closes her mouth - her lips are always parted unless she is deliberately grimacing, which is weird to me. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, amaranta said:

I used to like them together, but I haven't been feeling them for at least the past 2 - 3 years.  Those scenes happen so seldom now, maybe that's why.  Also, I think LA is just kind of meh, so there's that.  And Molly has joined the Who? club.

Agree, but I haven't enjoyed them in recent years because Molly's existence became about making the point that "Julian is the evilest evil to ever evil" and LA's Kristina as an adult seems to just want to stir up drama for her sisters out of revenge or for her own entertainment instead of supporting/connecting to/loving them. I remember thinking that teenage Molly and Kristina acted like they genuinely loved each other, as well as big sis Sam. Adult Kristina is an utterly self-absorbed Sonny apologist - no wonder she gets along well with stepmom Carly.

• Love 3

Ooh, I have one: (maybe it's just an UO here though)

Nicolas Betchtel (Spencer) is a talented young actor, and I see why they kept him around so long. He's a rare find for a soap kid. Very, very few of them are so dynamic and capable of scenery chewing.

• Love 1

My UO is that, for once, RH fans demanding that Franco be part of the Kevin/Ryan story actually have a point.  It would actually make sense for him to be involved (unlike the "Franco helps Jason rescue Carly"/"Franco helps rescue Peter"-type claptrap we have been seeing) and it offers up much more interesting story possibilities.  (For example, Ryan-as-Kevin could use his position as Franco's therapist to gaslight him for one reason or another).  It just seems like he would fit in this story much more easily than any of the other stories he has been involved in lately.

• Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, teenj12 said:

Nicolas Betchtel (Spencer) is a talented young actor, and I see why they kept him around so long. He's a rare find for a soap kid. Very, very few of them are so dynamic and capable of scenery chewing.

Very unpopular. I've seen him on Disney Channel and he's as much a scenery chewer there as he was on GH.

• Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, teenj12 said:

Is scenery chewing being used as a compliment here? Because usually that's considered a bad thing. 

• Love 4

The scenery chewing doesn't bother me, it's a nice contrast of life to those actors who are phoning it in or sleepwalking.

What I hate is the writing for him, the over-the-top pretentious fake royalty.  If FV (?) weren't so in love with the actor, the character might be more tolerable.

• Love 1

Bechtel has screen presence, IMO. I have no idea if he's a good actor or not, because 98% percent of his material has been absurd. He's not expected to act, just flail and sass. Given some real, human stuff to play - and some acting lessons to go with it - and he might be able to rise to it. Who knows?

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Camille said:

Me too. Though I've hated him ever since the horrible way he treated her when Brenda came back.

Speaking of whom. . .

I never liked Sonny and Brenda. It was way too soon after what he did to Karen to try and redeem him, and 90% of their scenes consisted of them fighting or having sex--which was usually to make up from a fight! And I hated Brenda's grade-A hypocrisy--she refused to let Sonny complain about the way she practically dry-humped Miguel everytime she saw him, but if Sonny said "Hello" to Lily, she went ballistic.

Speaking of whom. . .

I liked Lily.

I've hated Jason Morgan since the day he opened his eyes and started treating nearly everyone in his family like crap. I hated him and Robin together.

As much as I hated Carly, I liked her and Tony together. I honestly believe that at some point, she genuinely fell in love with him and I hate that the writers ruined it.

I not only hated Brenda's grade A hypocrisy, I hated Brenda. And I doubly hated how the Qs fawned over her, especially after she helped break up Tracy and Ned's marriages. Speaking of which, why did Ned give her the time of day ?And Vanessa Marcil is way, waaaay overrated. She's got a certain kind of exotic beauty I guess, and she does have a fan base. Or did. But truly talented ? Nah. On a 1-10 scale, I'd give her a 6.5 on her best day, a straight up five otherwise. Not stinking up the joint bad, but honestly mostly average at best, and a good example of how sometimes in Hollywood, beauty and a certain look win over talent any day. But my goodness Brenda is a great example of a soap heroine I think I was supposed to love but actively rooted for her to just LEAVE.

About NB and the scenery chewing-honestly I prefer scenery chewing, as opposed to someone who whisper talks because they think it's sexy(KeMo) or who mumbles and blinks through scenes(Mo and SBu) or who sleepwalks (Tyler C always, always acted like he was bored out of his skull to me). Yes, people like Tony G and Jane E can be grating at times (though Jane is still the, or one of the, best actresses GH has ever had). But give me a TG or JE or NB(if you think he scenery chews) over someone who acts like they don't have to bother because they know they'll never be fired. That just makes me hate their character, when I see that kind of crap.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The scenery chewing doesn't bother me, it's a nice contrast of life to those actors who are phoning it in or sleepwalking.

What I hate is the writing for him, the over-the-top pretentious fake royalty.  If FV (?) weren't so in love with the actor, the character might be more tolerable.

He was perfectly charming when he first came on board. He initially like those upper crust kids that are known for their impeccable manners and politiness, then FV and RC got on and ran him into the ground. 

I prefer good acting. No scenery chewing, whispering,  lifeless line readings.  Some of the actors on GH jump between chewing scenery and lifeless whispering. 

Edited by In2You
50 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I not only hated Brenda's grade A hypocrisy, I hated Brenda. And I doubly hated how the Qs fawned over her, especially after she helped break up Tracy and Ned's marriages. Speaking of which, why did Ned give her the time of day ?And Vanessa Marcil is way, waaaay overrated. She's got a certain kind of exotic beauty I guess, and she does have a fan base. Or did. But truly talented ? Nah. On a 1-10 scale, I'd give her a 6.5 on her best day, a straight up five otherwise. Not stinking up the joint bad, but honestly mostly average at best, and a good example of how sometimes in Hollywood, beauty and a certain look win over talent any day. But my goodness Brenda is a great example of a soap heroine I think I was supposed to love but actively rooted for her to just LEAVE.

She could be so incredibly cruel to any woman she viewed as a rival--Karen (bullying her about her still being a virgin, as though this is a bad thing for a high school student), Miranda (taunting her about her reconstructive surgery), Skye (actually pouring out a glass of alcohol for her). I hated that about her.

And Jax was such a pathetic idiot when it came to her. No matter what she did, he just forgave her instantly. And he was a hypocrite too--he blasts Miranda for telling him that Brenda and Sonny slept together, but tells Brenda that he loves her even more?! HUH?! He blasts Miranda for letting him think she was dead, but of course, it's okay when Brenda does it.

Grow a spine, man.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Camille said:

She could be so incredibly cruel to any woman she viewed as a rival--Karen (bullying her about her still being a virgin, as though this is a bad thing for a high school student), Miranda (taunting her about her reconstructive surgery), Skye (actually pouring out a glass of alcohol for her). I hated that about her.

And Jax was such a pathetic idiot when it came to her. No matter what she did, he just forgave her instantly. And he was a hypocrite too--he blasts Miranda for telling him that Brenda and Sonny slept together, but tells Brenda that he loves her even more?! HUH?! He blasts Miranda for letting him think she was dead, but of course, it's okay when Brenda does it.

Grow a spine, man.

Obviously she's a professional actress and she did her job, but I can't help but wonder if that bothered Vanessa Marcil, given that she's a recovering alcoholic herself in real life.

I love Jagger & Karen. I feel like that became more unpopular once couples like Sonny & Brenda came around.

• Love 1

This is going to be a terribly unpopular opinion that may even fray the bonds of friendship in this thread, but... I don't like Robert Scorpio.

I wasn't old enough to watch GH during his first run, i was 12 when i started in the mid 90's, and every time I've seen him since he came back from the dead he's been self righteous, sneering, and annoying.  Like, so much sneering at people.  He was ok there for a while when he was on consistently several years ago, but I was barely warming up to him and he was gone again, only returning to tell people how to live their lives, and being 5 times everything that makes me not like Robin that much outside of Scrubs.

• Love 3
On 8/8/2018 at 8:52 PM, Camille said:

If you can be brave enough to write that, I can muster up the courage to admit that I didn't like the AIDS storyline. 

Before you crucify me, it's not that it was bad, per se. I commend GH for having the bravery to tackle the issue, and with a legacy character, no less. The lessons, particularly on getting tested,  were completely truthful and necessary, but the writers hammered us with them over and over and OVER again in a cliched and hokey way. It felt like an overdone PSA/ABC afterschool special that just went on and on and ON. I hated literally everyone in town knowing every detail of Robin and Stone's business. I hated how AJ of course had to be the one who was a stereotypical ignorant jerk about it. I rolled my eyes the minute he made some stupid remark--and not two seconds after making some very valid points about how other diseases didn't receive as much attention--because I knew it was coming the minute the story kicked off.

And I hated the way it deified Robin. And again, before you crucify me, I like Robin and always have. But before the AIDS story, she'd been a normal teenage girl (as far as soaps go). During and afterwards, she became the town saint. EVERYONE loved her, EVERYONE couldn't stop gushing about how wonderful and perfect and amazing she was, etc. As much of a bitch as a she was, I couldn't help but laugh at Carly's snarky nickname for her--"Sweet little Robin, Queen of Angels", because indeed, that's how literally everyone saw her from then on and it was very annoying sometimes. It didn't help when she started to believe her own hype and became unbearably sanctimonious--remember how horrible she was to Stone's sister Gina after his death? Not that Gina didn't deserve it, but I was glad when Kevin put her in her place and told her that she needed to learn to be compassionate if she wanted to be a doctor.

I did not enjoy the AIDS storyline, either.  I felt like I was being beaten over the head with the Tragedy! (but also all the characters talking about the couple and saying drippy, cliched stuff about LOVE! the whole time, like that was supposed to be comforting to Robin somehow).  Honestly, it depressed me.  It probably did not help that Robin had been suffering super tragic deaths of loved ones pretty consistently for years already, so it just seemed cruel to do this to the character as well.  

I was ok with everyone fawning all over Robin because, honestly, the girl's life sucked at that point.   Gina always sucked, and I have no problem with Robin being a jerk to her.   It bothered me much more that this was how they "redeemed" Sonny.

Everything about the Tony story was fucked up, but I guess Robin recognized that he was pretty mentally ill at that point.

This is going to be a terribly unpopular opinion that may even fray the bonds of friendship in this thread, but... I don't like Robert Scorpio.

I wasn't old enough to watch GH during his first run, i was 12 when i started in the mid 90's, and every time I've seen him since he came back from the dead he's been self righteous, sneering, and annoying.  Like, so much sneering at people.  He was ok there for a while when he was on consistently several years ago, but I was barely warming up to him and he was gone again, only returning to tell people how to live their lives, and being 5 times everything that makes me not like Robin that much outside of Scrubs.

I looove Robert ... but I totally get it.  It was a much better character that made far more sense back in the 80s and early 90s.  He mostly has not been written well since they brought him back from the dead (not that any of the characters are, anymore), and he was kind of rude and annoying in his return story.  Without the nostalgia of having loved him in the 80s (and my appreciation for the actor), I probably wouldn't have liked him if I "met" him in 2008, either.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

I think the Jason/Karen/Jagger/Brenda quadrangle was one of the best in the show's history. All of the potential pairings--Karen & Jason, Karen & Jagger, Jagger & Brenda--worked and were believable and rootable, and so were all the characters. I was a die hard Karen/Jagger fan immediately, but I liked her with Jason too.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, ouinason said:

Robert, Robin and Anna are all take or leave for me. I don't get the hype. And while I think Finola Hughes seems like an interesting person IRL-she resorts far too much to tears in a scene for me. It annoys me. I don't think the ability to cry makes someone a good actress, and there have been far too many scenes with her when I am totally confused as to WHY Anna is crying-which shouldn't happen.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, marymary said:

I’m almost afraid to admit this here, but I don’t like Robin. I find her kinda sanctimonious and annoying. *hides under covers*

I don't think that is unpopular at all.  Many do not like her.