Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I think all the actors involved with the Tale of the Two Jasons story are doing a pretty good job, but I am really confused about Sam's point of view.  She thinks SBJason is the real Jason so she will love him forever but she also loves BMJason, who she doesn't actually think is the real Jason anymore?  The reason she and BMJason fell in love was only because he was Jason.  She had no feelings of love toward Jake Doe.  The only person that loved, liked etc. BMJason before they knew he was Jason was, hilariously, Elizabeth.  But I always thought the beginning of Sam's and BMJason's "love story" was one of the most contrived things I have seen on this show, and that's saying a lot! Sam loved BMJason only because she discovers he's Jason, but he acts nothing like Jason.  Makes no sense at all.   Elizabeth's perspective toward BMJason was somewhat similar but at least she had feelings of like/love for Jake Doe.  Also Elizabeth was supposed to be the bad guy/somewhat unhinged in this scenario and Sam was the good guy.  It seems to me that the writers try to protect Sam's character so much that they basically give her no agency at all and she's merely reactive to situations.  

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, melody16 said:

It seems to me that the writers try to protect Sam's character so much that they basically give her no agency at all and she's merely reactive to situations.  

No doubt.

I think Sam loves SBJason, but she also loves the fact that BMJason puts her first/chose her over Sonny and Carly.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, melody16 said:

It seems to me that the writers try to protect Sam's character so much that they basically give her no agency at all and she's merely reactive to situations.  

Always been like this, especially since after 2007.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Eh, just have GH do a daytime version of Big Love and have BM!Jason, SBu!Jason, Liz, Sam, and all combined spawn live one screwed up family existence.

And Franco dies with no one noticing. The end.

Would love if Franco died! Not an unpopular opinion, I"m afraid.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

No doubt.

I think Sam loves SBJason, but she also loves the fact that BMJason puts her first/chose her over Sonny and Carly.

This. BMJason is the kind of partner Sam wanted even before SBJason's dock-and-roll. He is a family man, who doesn't live to serve S&C. 

• Love 6

Yeah, but when Sam got with BMJason she was with Patrick, who clearly was a family man who didn't live to be at S&C's beck and call.  Of course Robin came back so that relationship was over, but if BMJason is not Jason and is some other person, then he is basically her Patrick redux.  

• Love 4
On 7/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, UYI said:

Bringing this back because of the return of the REAL (I guess?) brain damaged hitman:

Steve Burton is not physically attractive to me. AT ALL. He has the face of a cigar store Indian, and when he was skinnier his spiky hair made him look like a human pencil. His roided muscles and terrible greasy haircut circa 2007 only added to the horror. Add in the fact that he's continuing to exploit people with Amazon scams now that Monavie is no more, and that makes for some pretty butt ugly insides, too. I can't see any attraction there at all. HARD pass. 

Since it seems to be a fairly popular opinion on this board these days (gushing about his return)  I'll quote this and say not only do I think he's highly unattractive, I think he's a scheming punk.  Monavie.  Protein shakes.  Throwing his weight on set for years and years in order for him, Geary, and Maurice to get everything handed to them. I think the guy's a pompous jerk.  And that also goes for his little clique on set (LW, Mo, Bradford, Brandon Barash, the Cheetwoods) all of them.   It's like high school.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13

I really wish that there was a tale of two Francos instead of two Jasons - provided that the serial killer Franco was extinguished quickly.

When Roger isn't putting in on like an Easter ham, he's a far better actor than Steve Burton could ever hope to be. And I'm all for one less murderer in PC. But I think if Franco died, that should be the end of Roger as well. Franco could take out one or both of the Jason on the way, bonus. And Sam could leave town in grief. Bonus bonus. But in all seriousness-no more "new" characters for anyone from now till the show ends.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, amaranta said:

I liked seeing Brit again, even if only for a few episodes.  I wouldn't mind having her back for longer.  She got off to a rocky, and very forced, start - but she grew on me by her exit.  

Brit was interesting, and KT is a capable actress.  I would have paid MONEY to see Brit and Hayden bickering over Nikolas. Or Finn. Or the last chocolate chip scone.  Britt is just another character who had potential, and was wasted.

• Love 8

Well you know where I stand on the question of more Britt.  I still think, when the day comes when they revive Nikolas, her having pulled a Mary Bishop and having stashed somewhere with amnesia would be delicious karma for Nik.

• Love 3
On 11/13/2017 at 9:27 AM, melody16 said:

I think all the actors involved with the Tale of the Two Jasons story are doing a pretty good job, but I am really confused about Sam's point of view.  She thinks SBJason is the real Jason so she will love him forever but she also loves BMJason, who she doesn't actually think is the real Jason anymore?  The reason she and BMJason fell in love was only because he was Jason.  She had no feelings of love toward Jake Doe.  The only person that loved, liked etc. BMJason before they knew he was Jason was, hilariously, Elizabeth.  But I always thought the beginning of Sam's and BMJason's "love story" was one of the most contrived things I have seen on this show, and that's saying a lot! Sam loved BMJason only because she discovers he's Jason, but he acts nothing like Jason.  Makes no sense at all.   Elizabeth's perspective toward BMJason was somewhat similar but at least she had feelings of like/love for Jake Doe.  Also Elizabeth was supposed to be the bad guy/somewhat unhinged in this scenario and Sam was the good guy.  It seems to me that the writers try to protect Sam's character so much that they basically give her no agency at all and she's merely reactive to situations.  

While all that is true and it can't be denied that Sam really only started seeing BMJason romantically after the whole he's Jason reveal, they have been together for a year (possibly longer in soap opera time) and while BMJason had old Jason's memories, like you said, he really acted nothing like SBJason and he made choices independent of SBJason, namely actually leaving Sonny's business. In fact, he was for the most part very removed from Sonny and that life unless it affected Sam and his kids' safety. So that being said, I do think it's a little annoying how people like Carly act like it's completely not feasible that Sam is actually in love with Drew, as in the man she spent the last year with. And that she's only with him out of pity and because he's Scout's father.

I'm sure the show will throw Sam and SBJason back together but in my opinion, and maybe this does qualify as an unpopular opinion, Kelly Monaco is not playing this like she's pining or secretly in love with SBJason at all. Don't know if that's a deliberate choice, poor acting on her part or the show's poor direction but everyone keeps saying how Sam belongs with Jason because that's how soap fans are (everywhere else I read online, it's all Sam and Jason belong together, she's only with Drew out of pity, etc.) but that's not what I see onscreen. As someone posted in the episode thread, I swear, sometimes Sam comes across like she wished Jason would have just stayed wherever he was so her life wouldn't be this complicated and disrupted right now. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

I know this is late, but I kept meaning to post it in here, but always seemed to forget. And now I can't find the original post from the episode thread. Basically it was about how great the show did, depicting everyone who mourned Nathan, and how well his funeral was done, etc.

And though I will concede, yes it was; and that they dedicated the entire episode to it, I couldn't help but feel bitter and rage. Even though it turned out that Robin was alive (I never doubted that, but her friends, family and husband thought she was), and there was a lame ass funeral for her, where Mooby sucked up half of it. And then there's Epiphany AND Monica. Who decided to work at the hospital instead of going to the service. Piph, and her disingenuous remark that working instead of paying her respects to Robin at the actual service, was her "paying her respects." What the fuck ever. I was pissed when it happened, and pissed all over again when I saw what amounted to a city wide funeral for Ryan. Okay, okay, he was a cop, and Robin, a lowly doctor. And Monica. With the history between her and Robin, for her not to show up. I just don't have any words, and I don't care, I'm holding onto my petty bitterness over Robin being shafted. Because Ron, that asshate, had ROBERT go running off, when he would have been there to say goodbye to his baby girl. AND THEN he would go, loaded with BEAR, to find out who was responsible.

• Love 2

If it makes you feel better, Nathan's funeral was very low rated. Which doesn't surprise me; not many people are gonna wanna start off their weekend with a funeral episode. It didn't even have any flashback montage, which I find weird. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If it makes you feel better, Nathan's funeral was very low rated. Which doesn't surprise me; not many people are gonna wanna start off their weekend with a funeral episode. It didn't even have any flashback montage, which I find weird. 

It really doesn't. Because Robin didn't get the turnout and grieving by everyone who knew and loved her, like Nathan did. Plus the fact that she was on this show, more or less for over 30 years versus, Nathan, who was on for what? Four years? And again, because it BEARS REPEATING, a good CHUNK of Robin's funeral was hijacked by Mooby and how it was all about him. When he was no longer part of Robin's circle, as she'd cut him off after her SHOT HER.

• Love 1
On 12/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, truthaboutluv said:

, Kelly Monaco is not playing this like she's pining or secretly in love with SBJason at all. Don't know if that's a deliberate choice, poor acting on her part or the show's poor direction but everyone keeps saying how Sam belongs with Jason because that's how soap fans are (everywhere else I read online, it's all Sam and Jason belong together, she's only with Drew out of pity, etc.) but that's not what I see onscreen. As someone posted in the episode thread, I swear, sometimes Sam comes across like she wished Jason would have just stayed wherever he was so her life wouldn't be this complicated and disrupted right now. 

I especially think this is true after the school alt dance scene on Friday.  Monaco played it like Sam was having a lot of fun chaperoning/dancing with Drew. The vibe I got was, "Wow, I didn't know he could do this - being in love with and married to Drew just gets better and better!"  Jason would never have volunteered them to chaperone and then danced like that with her in front of a crowd of kids - he barely tolerated being at weddings for his own family or close friends. Sam comes across like she will always feel some love for Jason and treasures their past and their son. She speaks to him as a friendly ex. She wants Drew in present day. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As someone posted in the episode thread, I swear, sometimes Sam comes across like she wished Jason would have just stayed wherever he was so her life wouldn't be this complicated and disrupted right now. 

Can you blame her? I don't think that's an outrageous thing for Sam to be feeling. She thought she'd finally moved on, and then Jason pops back up and everyone is harassing her to get back with him. I'd be wanting my life to be less complicated and disrupted too.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jason would never have volunteered them to chaperone and then danced like that with her in front of a crowd of kids - he barely tolerated being at weddings for his own family or close friends.

I always hated this about Jason. And there there was his resentment of having to wear something other than a T-shirt and leather jacket—ugh, so childish. They always position it as being somehow beneath him or too girly or something gross like that. For someone the show tries to write as live-and-let-live and all of that, Jason can be a really selfish asshole.

• Love 16

He's also controlling in a really passive aggressive way.  He won't fight for Sam and I swear that if Carly and Sam hadn't pushed it, he wouldn't have been having Jake or Danny over for sleepovers.  He's like a dog who sits at the table, not asking for treats but looking at you with those big, sad eyes until you feel so guily you give in.

• Love 7

I know there are Elizabeth fans (myself included) who had hoped she would call off the wedding to Franco because she came to her senses. But I think this would be most fitting: Jake was boasting to Danny that he would hold the rings at Mom and Franco's wedding, and Danny was objecting because he has heard both Daddy Jason and Daddy Drew talking to Mommy about how Franco is bad news. Jake holds out the rings to show them, arguing back. Annabelle II is upset to see the boys arguing, grabs the rings with her mouth and takes off. By the time they find her, the rings have been buried. Cue Franco "Even Jason's son's dog hates me?  Whine whine whine." At this point, Sam shows up with Scout. She puts Scout down for a moment to tell Franco to stay away from Danny; Franco blows her off by walking a few steps away and trying to be cutesy toward Scout. Annabelle charges at Franco, growling, showing teeth, ready to attack if he takes one more step toward Scout. Elizabeth is upset that Jake and Danny are fighting and Annabelle II obviously believes Scout is in danger from Franco. She says the wedding is canceled.

• Love 2

Ahem....

I like Franco.  I like Friz, even though I question Liz's though processes.  I don't find it weird or bad that Cameron and Aiden are barely on, though mentioning that one of them has a thing that Liz needs to take care of instead of it always being about Jake would be nice.  

I like Peter.  I don't care if his existence is ruining the perfection of the Robert/Anna backstory.  I do wish that they would mention that Anna already has one dead child on top of Robins HIV and this Huntington's thing is freaking her out.  I'm not up in arms that Jason killed Faison instead of Anna.  Jason likes killing people, Anna doesn't.  She'd have gone for the kill shot and then regretted it later anyway.

Monica bugs me.  Her voice and diction and mannerisms are annoying.  And it's not because of her age, she's always pulled her head back like a bird and SHOT out her lines.  And....I don't think LC is a good actress, or that Monica is all that good of a person.  I like her being Drew's mom.  I'm over her other than that.  And I don't think she's completely in the right on the arguments with Olivia last year either.  Either the family are guests in YOUR (tired of hearing about it) house, or they are full members of the household.  Olivia decorated one room in a MANSION that had to have like at least 2 other living/family rooms in it.  Use one of those to hang out if it is that annoying  Not that Liv was right either,.  They were equal assholes.

And ... I like Julian.  Liked him with Alexis, like him with Kim.  I think he's right about being in Leo's life, but should suck it up about the adult children for at least a full year after nearly getting them all killed and respect their wishes about the grandkids too.  It's not like he raised either of them, or knew about them.  They have been more like friends than his kids, so he needs to respect them not wanting him around.  

I don't think Anna would have that bothered if she was the one that killed Faison. I think in her heart of hearts she would have been glad that he died by her hand. But it reminds me that I never been that big of an Anna and Robert fan. 

It doesn't bother me that Laura Wright was nominated. I think she plays Carly as Carly would be if every entitled wish she had came true.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Thinking about it, yeah Anna would have just been happy he was dead, not remorseful.  I do think she might wonder if he could have answered some questions, but not enough to dwell on it too much. But I still don't mind that she didn't do the deed herself.  I don't think Robin would care either way.  

I never saw Anna and Robert, or the other pairings involved except Duke and Anna which drove me to rage over the last part of his life.  Just from the scenes of the actors together over the 2000's though, I would pick Holly/Robert because of the actors.  

Anna/David Hayward 4Ever!!!!

Speaking of which, it bugs the shit out of me that GH does not acknowledge that Leora existed.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It doesn't bother me that Laura Wright was nominated. I think she plays Carly as Carly would be if every entitled wish she had came true.

Nor me. Carly is a horrible, horrible person, but LW nails just about every scene. I know the scenes with Mike aren't eligible until next year, but she's been doing really good, subtle work in them. She's so much better than MB in them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Maxie sucks.  I hope Nina steals her baby and raises it as her own.  This character already has a kid she doesn't acknowledge,  but yea let's give her a kid so the audience can feel even "sadder" for her sorry ass.  Not buying it.  Kirsten Storms also plays this character as a whiny entitled brat and it's rich she continually is allowed to hold up production almost on a yearly basis because of offscreen issues, yet gets story after story.  While ER, who does her job as Lulu (may not be everyone's cup of tea), gets nothing but to play the baddie to either Maxie or Dante, pick or choose one.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

I just hate Nina’s hair. It needs a good cut, a good brushing away from her face and a good style. I really can’t stand the stringy hair so many women are wearing these days.

Speaking of aesthetic things, why are they putting Kelly in jeans that make her ass flatter than it already is?  Get some better jeans for that woman.  Her clothing is terrible overall.  It's funny that Billy basically uses his own wardrobe for Drew since the show sucks and it can't provide proper attire for the characters.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2018 at 6:05 PM, Hater said:

Maxie sucks.  I hope Nina steals her baby and raises it as her own.  This character already has a kid she doesn't acknowledge,  but yea let's give her a kid so the audience can feel even "sadder" for her sorry ass.  Not buying it.  Kirsten Storms also plays this character as a whiny entitled brat and it's rich she continually is allowed to hold up production almost on a yearly basis because of offscreen issues, yet gets story after story.  While ER, who does her job as Lulu (may not be everyone's cup of tea), gets nothing but to play the baddie to either Maxie or Dante, pick or choose one.

I don't agree about Maxie, and have absolutely no use for Nina, I do agree about Emme Rylan's Lulu. I will say it, I don't think she has "it" to play Lulu. However, she is the Lulu we have and I am sick and tired of her constantly being the goat in service to all of these newer characters. I will give ER this, I do thinks she is trying her best, considering she is also raising a young family and her Etsy store and her reasons for being hired for Lulu (besides being a get from Y&R, needing a long term soap actress who can hit the ground running in a fan favorite role) are a lot more sound than the ones for Roger Hogworth, which seems to amount to "getting Roger a job" and "making one of Guza's worst characters work" yet he is the one whose character is constantly being redeemed.

• Love 2

Yeah. But Guza only created franco as a vanity project for James Franco and a sympathy ploy for Jason. He killed him off for a reason - even Guza knew better than to try to make that nastiness permanent.

• Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I will give ER this, I do thinks she is trying her best, considering she is also raising a young family and her Etsy store and her reasons for being hired for Lulu (besides being a get from Y&R, needing a long term soap actress who can hit the ground running in a fan favorite role) are a lot more sound than the ones for Roger Hogworth, which seems to amount to "getting Roger a job" and "making one of Guza's worst characters work" yet he is the one whose character is constantly being redeemed.

Minor nitpick: His last name is Howarth, unless saying his last name is Hogworth is a snarky inside joke of yours that I didn't know about. ;)

Edited by UYI
On 11/27/2017 at 7:10 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

When Roger isn't putting in on like an Easter ham, he's a far better actor than Steve Burton could ever hope to be. And I'm all for one less murderer in PC. But I think if Franco died, that should be the end of Roger as well. Franco could take out one or both of the Jason on the way, bonus. And Sam could leave town in grief. Bonus bonus. But in all seriousness-no more "new" characters for anyone from now till the show ends.

I think newer characters wouldn’t be a problem if they were based on acting ability and not how they look without a shirt on (like the horrendous Ford Brothers on OLTL or the recently departed Detective Kitty on GH) or who they’re dating,  and if Frank wasn’t simply adding people from other shows as if their hire was taking a shot at those other soaps. ? I certainly would like brand new characters of color who didn’t kiss Sonny’s ring or act nonchalant about Jason being a mass murderer.

On that note, given how many white, blonde women have been on the show in recent years (it’s absolutely ridiculous when you really think about it), a bit more variety wouldn’t hurt anyone.

Putting them in stories that have nothing to do with the mob would also broaden the show to appeal to people other than the same tired Sonny and Jason fans who can’t sustain the show on their own.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

who they’re dating,

I'll give Wes Ramsey this: He can act. He's overdoing it right now with Heinrich/Peter screeching in the cabin, but I think he's doing a good job with a pointless, unnecessary character.

And it's obvious he knows how to hit his marks, work in front of a camera, etc. There wasn't an obvious-looking learning curve like there is with a lot of actors. I thought Donna Mills was kind of stiff her first few appearances, and she's someone with decades of TV experience. Working on a soap is a completely different kind of work.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'll give Wes Ramsey this: He can act. He's overdoing it right now with Heinrich/Peter screeching in the cabin, but I think he's doing a good job with a pointless, unnecessary character.

And it's obvious he knows how to hit his marks, work in front of a camera, etc. There wasn't an obvious-looking learning curve like there is with a lot of actors. I thought Donna Mills was kind of stiff her first few appearances, and she's someone with decades of TV experience. Working on a soap is a completely different kind of work.

Wes was on two soaps prior to GH. Don't compare him to actors who've never been on a soap.

I was thinking about Lane Davies today (thinking about Santa Barbara and his wonderful Mason Capwelll and the recasts), and thought again what a lost opportunity this show had (is that sentence grammatically correct?) when he was cast as Zander's father and that he and Alexis didn't have a relationship to see if their chemistry was still there. I don't recall her mentioning his name to Kevin when she listed the dangerous and criminal men she was involved with a few weeks ago. Then again, I don't recall her mentioning Jerry Jax, either.

I remember being so excited when I'd read he'd been cast. Then I stopped watching shortly thereafter and read how he'd been killed off. So I don't know if they ever had a relationship. I do recall from TWoP, that I was alone in my wanting this to happen.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was thinking about Lane Davies today (thinking about Santa Barbara and his wonderful Mason Capwelll and the recasts), and thought again what a lost opportunity this show had (is that sentence grammatically correct?) when he was cast as Zander's father and that he and Alexis didn't have a relationship to see if their chemistry was still there. I don't recall her mentioning his name to Kevin when she listed the dangerous and criminal men she was involved with a few weeks ago. Then again, I don't recall her mentioning Jerry Jax, either.

I remember being so excited when I'd read he'd been cast. Then I stopped watching shortly thereafter and read how he'd been killed off. So I don't know if they ever had a relationship. I do recall from TWoP, that I was alone in my wanting this to happen.

I think longtime SB/LD/NLG fan @WendyCR72 also wanted this, too. At the risk of sounding creepy, I went through the old UO thread on TWOP through the Wayback Machine recently, and one of her UOs was that she was one of the few who thought LD and NLG still had the same chemistry on GH that they had on SB. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, UYI said:

I think longtime SB/LD/NLG fan @WendyCR72 also wanted this, too. At the risk of sounding creepy, I went through the old UO thread on TWOP through the Wayback Machine recently, and one of her UOs was that she was one of the few who thought LD and NLG still had the same chemistry on GH that they had on SB. 

I remember being so intimated by another poster who was vehemently against their pairing on this show, that I deleted my comment about why I thought it was great and how much I wanted it. What can I say? I was new to the boards back then!

3 hours ago, UYI said:

Guilty. Seemed like a real waste. Oh, well. It's the one thing GH is still good at: Wasting all kinds of opportunities!

• Love 4

Add me to those who got excited when he was cast on GH, and deeply disappointed when they did nothing between his character and Alexis.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Then again, I don't recall her mentioning Jerry Jax, either.

She did mention Jerry as someone who held a knife to her throat, and then thought and said that no, that was Julian.

• Love 2

I don't like Alexis. I think it's ridiculous how she is just glossed over all of the messed up s*** she's done in her past and gone straight to blaming everything on the men in her relationships. She just bugs me on a lot of levels anyway. And nlg isn't doing anyone any favors on Twitter either

• Love 4

I also didn’t care for Alexis back when I still kept up with the show, though I did like her briefly at times.   I still don’t think she and Sam worked that great as family, and Sam never should’ve found out who her real father is.  

I have nothing against Constance Towers but I have always hated Helena and her version of Helena especially.   Look, it’s not fair to ask anyone to reprise a Liz Taylor-played character, but still.  Having this blonde country-club looking actress playing some weirdly all powerful and unkillable Greek matriarch has always been ridiculous.   CT could’ve been great in a different, conniving role, maybe giving Tracy trouble in some capacity on the ELQ board or something.  

• Love 2

I have never liked Jasam.  Never. I remember them first getting together.  At the time, I did like Jason and couldn't stand Sam.  I also never really cared for Jason and Liz. I felt like it made Liz look too pathetic how she just seemd to be running after him begging him to love her.  I liked her with Lucky. Jason with Robin. No other pairing for either of them.  I have yet to like Sam in any paring.

• Love 2
(edited)

The show has gotten progressively worse since Steve Burton came back and CVE took over as a writer.   This show is worse than it was last year at this time and that's quite a FEAT and I attribute that a lot to his return and the holy trinity (on and off screen) once again becoming the center of the show. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1